Various videos

I opened this topic in order to be able to post different videos on different topic which may not be interconnected. I like this video and I wonder what do you think about this one. Quite interesting in my opinion, Sadhguru is fine guy to listen from time to time.

I like this video and I wonder what do you think about this one. Quite interesting in my opinion, Sadhguru is fine guy to listen from time to time.
Perhaps you could tell us what you think about the above video and whether it could be an interesting watch for other forum members. It would be externally considerate towards all those members who are very busy and prefer to read a short synopsis instead and then decide whether it's worth their time?

Perhaps you could tell us what you think about the above video and whether it could be an interesting watch for other forum members.
I said : "Quite interesting in my opinion".

It would be externally considerate towards all those members who are very busy and prefer to read a short synopsis instead and then decide whether it's worth their time?
Yes, your are right it can be useful to write short summary, but in the other had it is pretty short video.

However, it starts with the question like : Why yogis have long hair and beard ? Sadhguru answers in a charming and funny way that every man have beard (I am not so sure about this but let's say that most have), and that he just does not do anything about that while most of the man remove it, so perhaps she should ask them. He says that he did not grow the hair but whichever way nature made him it stayed that way, also that cutting hair can sometimes cause imbalances...... Sadhguru tells that once people on spirtual path let's say (brahmacharis) reach certain stage with their energies they are looking how to contain it and do not cut the hair because even a small disturbance can be felt strongly.

This one I found very disturbing, and it seems to tie in with so many aspects of fake news, covid lockdowns, internet overuse, and leftism. I may tend to believe people now who suggest that we are "losing a generation."

Yes, your are right it can be useful to write short summary, but in the other had it is pretty short video.

However, it starts with the question like : Why yogis have long hair and beard ? Sadhguru answers in a charming and funny way that every man have beard (I am not so sure about this but let's say that most have), and that he just does not do anything about that while most of the man remove it, so perhaps she should ask them. He says that he did not grow the hair but whichever way nature made him it stayed that way, also that cutting hair can sometimes cause imbalances...... Sadhguru tells that once people on spirtual path let's say (brahmacharis) reach certain stage with their energies they are looking how to contain it and do not cut the hair because even a small disturbance can be felt strongly.
Yes, but it would still be nice to read your thoughts, even if the video is short, that's how discussion ensues, so thanks for posting your thoughts right after.

Regarding hair, well it's interesting he said that it can cure imbalances, I have actually always suspected that a haircut sometimes it's enough to get me off of some silly emotional states, so that is curious. It has worked for me a few times in the past and I gotta say that the overall energy flow is different right after a haircut, or after a major change in hairstyle.

The other thing is that the C's once said that hair was an antennae, that was the other thing that occurred to me, so perhaps there's something more to the mojo one feels when one has a certain haircut, or when one's hair reflects one's internal state.

Now, I do not think that simply having long hair is enough, I think that one chooses what to pick up from the universe, and then having long hair could... potentially.... allow for a better reception or something... not sure, it is interesting though.

The other thing is that the C's once said that hair was an antennae

From wiki:

Hair is a protein filament that grows from follicles found in the dermis. Hair is one of the defining characteristics of mammals. The human body, apart from areas of glabrous skin, is covered in follicles which produce thick terminal and fine vellus hair. Most common interest in hair is focused on hair growth, hair types, and hair care, but hair is also an important biomaterial primarily composed of protein, notably alpha-keratin.

Alpha-keratin
, or α-keratin, is a type of keratin found in vertebrates. This protein is the primary component in hairs, horns, mammalian claws, nails and the epidermis layer of the skin. α-keratin is a fibrous structural protein, meaning it is made up of amino acids that form a repeating secondary structure. The secondary structure of α-keratin is very similar to that of a traditional protein α-helix and forms a coiled coil.[1] Due to its tightly wound structure, it can function as one of the strongest biological materials and has various functions in mammals, from predatory claws to hair for warmth. α-keratin is synthesized through protein biosynthesis, utilizing transcription and translation, but as the cell matures and is full of α-keratin, it dies, creating a strong non-vascular unit of keratinized tissue.[2]

Coiled-coil-architecture-Coiled-coil-parameters-The-basic-parameters-of-the-coiled-coil.png

So we have all these coiled coil forms all over the head (generally speaking), then one could wonder why nature made us this way :-) and also why so much religious/social beliefs are linked with hair...

Back
Top Bottom