Video of creepy sounds captured in an abandoned mine

rylek

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Below is a video which captured strange sounds during the filming and documenting of an abandoned mine:

Note: fast forward to 12 minutes, the noises start shortly after.

https://youtu.be/UVEU6n2eKtg

Two possible debunking ideas off the top of my head:

1. The guy, as it says in the description, went in there during a "stormy night". It's possible that echoes of the storm outside could have been carried through the mine and somehow bouncing off the walls were distorted and amplified.

2. In the video description, he repeatedly mentions testing a particular brand of flashlight, he even uses the brand name in the video description name. So it's possible the creepy noises were added in post production to create a viral video intended to sell the product that he is openly reviewing.

Hard to tell. ;)

What speaks for this guy that he seems serious enough (or better crazy enough), because he has lots of videos about abandoned mines. But who knows it could be later added as well.

I think a similar video was shared in the following topic here or in one of the compilations, though many video are not available anymore:

Just Weird Videos!

Would say there's a high probability that it's faked because he's making a promo video for the flashlight and is probably getting commission on every click through sale from his video. The "creepy sounds" to me seem obviously designed to sound like a bunch of creepy people whispering.

Joe said:
Would say there's a high probability that it's faked because he's making a promo video for the flashlight and is probably getting commission on every click through sale from his video. The "creepy sounds" to me seem obviously designed to sound like a bunch of creepy people whispering.

...And he talks right when the sounds could have been heard the clearest. I kept wanting him to shut up at that point. That's fishy, IMO.

[quote author= Chu]
...And he talks right when the sounds could have been heard the clearest. I kept wanting him to shut up at that point. That's fishy, IMO. [/quote]

Exactly! I said the same thing, "if you'd shut up, maybe we can hear it!"

Joe said:

I thought exactly the same, that the sounds are somewhat contrived and the whispering sounds like our general idea of a creepy or haunted sound. People out there would expect to hear something like this based on movies, imo.

And of course, the fact he's making a flashlight promo makes you skeptical even more. Someone with the skills would have to do a sound analysis to try and determine if another sound layer was put in on top of the original, not sure how possible / difficult that is.

Oh man, if that was me in his situation I would have quit recording and gotten the heck outta there as soon as possible. Something about the sound irritated me though, like it wasn't coming from any particular direction it was just ambient.

I watched his videos some time ago but think this video below is more interesting and there was no promotion and he was freaked out and there can clearly be heard machinery and somekind of speech if you can call it that, and he put disclaimer at the end that he does not recommend nobody to go there and that he felt pull of cold air. Now, it could all be fake and acting or looking for attention but going alone in those unstable mines is like calling for some accident to happen not mentioning there could be entrances to bases and a one way ticket, but some people always like to get thrilled no matter the danger.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yCy8iWxf1Us

Back
Top Bottom