View icon for articles!

Andrian

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hi Scottie and Team,

i was wondering, if in the near future, if it's possible of course to have a View icon that counts and shows how many times a particular article has been viewed / read on Sott?

I think it would be awesome to see the peeps who are visiting Sott in different languages what articles are reading the most, by having this information it could help some of us to understand / know what kind of Sott Focus articles to translate first (giving them more priority).

Thank you in advance for reading the thread.

I agree. I’d like to be able to see the source of the article next to the front page link so I can scan my favorite sources

As I remember this was a feature a long time ago of Sott and was then taken out approximately 2009, since it didn't make a difference as I remember.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080601225754/http://www.sott.net:80/

Gawan said:
As I remember this was a feature a long time ago of Sott and was then taken out approximately 2009, since it didn't make a difference as I remember.

We used to have page counters and voting, but both were removed.

Page counts were removed because we added caching to keep server performance high, and counting page views is "heavy". Since we also use Google Analytics now (which is JavaScript-based), Google does all the heavy lifting - and spies on everyone, but oh well.

Voting was removed because it wasn't used, and the Facebook Like button is more popular and can be used by anyone who's on FB.

Scottie said:
Gawan said:

We used to have page counters and voting, but both were removed.

Page counts were removed because we added caching to keep server performance high, and counting page views is "heavy". Since we also use Google Analytics now (which is JavaScript-based), Google does all the heavy lifting - and spies on everyone, but oh well.

Voting was removed because it wasn't used, and the Facebook Like button is more popular and can be used by anyone who's on FB.

Thank you Scottie for clarification, i tried to use Google analytics to see the traffic on the Sott's italian page, but, didn't figured it out how to do it, anyway it's all good. :D

Back
Top Bottom