VOXXlife Neuroreceptor Socks aka Super Socks?!

Turgon

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Hey everyone,

I came across these socks about a month ago that promise all sorts of things in regards to stability, balance, pain relief, circulation - basically nothing short of a miracle. The technology is meant to have a very specific woven-pattern at the bottom of the sole of the sock that activates neuro-receptor points at the bottom of the feet that target the peripheral nervous system that sends signals up to the central nervous system and the brainstem to promote all of the above. The fellow that introduced it to me worked at my office for a week and sells the socks and I was curious to try out a demo with them to see if they did anything.

The test basically required two standing exercises where he would try and throw me off-balance - twice with my normal socks, twice while standing on the neuropoint socks (without having them on) so my feet were getting the effects of the woven pattern. And it was very noticeable how much better my balance and stability was so I bought a pair, along with the insoles to try out for a few weeks.

It could very well be a placebo effect, because as was pointed out not long ago, there are a lot of products that come out promising all sorts of relief whose effects dwindle after a while, but I'll describe my response nonetheless. I slouch a lot because of lower back pain and have a tendency of locking my knees, with tension that builds up in those areas along with my shoulders and neck. I have to stretch or do short bursts of exercise at random times to help with circulation and loosening those areas up so they don't bother me as much. The minute I first put on a pair, I noticed a sudden shift in how I carried myself while walking and started to feel all sorts of tingling sensations at the bottom of my feet, solar plexus and legs. The felt sense was that of being more centered and grounded in my trunk. This lasted close to a week and even when I took off the socks before bed, I could feel my feet more, sensations-wise. I noticed similar but not as powerful an effect from the insoles I purchased and assumed this was because with insoles, you have a normal pair of socks between your feet and the woven pattern. Those were my observations anyways.

The big test had to do with rehearsals. I usually spend quite a few hours sitting down playing bass and the first time I went after years of not playing, had all sorts of aches and pains develop over the course of a few hours. I especially noticed this when I went out for a smoke, needing to lean on a rail to stand, finding it difficult to maintain good posture and stability, getting blurry-vision, feeling dissociative, etc. But after getting the socks, all the other rehearsals afterwards went fine. There was a qualitative difference and I had almost no issues at all. In fact, I was more engaged and my energy levels seemed to stay constant throughout because I wasn't so concerned about all these minor aches and pains.

Right now, it's been close a month so the novelty off the socks have worn off, as in when I put the socks on after a wash, I'm not noticing as immediate an effect, and that could be because either whatever neurological activation it started off has started to take a more immediate hold and my body is naturally adjusting to these changes so it's not as obvious to me anymore... or it was a placebo effect. Although generally I feel better wearing them than without.

The company itself sells its products through sales reps that work like multi-level marketing which I'm not too crazy about, because I don't think you can buy them in stores, but so far no complaints! And I've been hard-pressed to find negative reviews on the internet about the socks or insoles.

Here's a brief synopsis from their website Voxx Science – VOXXLife

The development of VOXX HPT has been a 6 year journey.

We reviewed and studied decades of research in brainstem functionality and the peripheral nervous system.

We also reviewed the latest research in sensory mechano-receptor mapping, brain activity correlated to acupuncture, as well as dermatome stimulation and the different somatic pathways. We also studied secondary and free receptors and related nervous and brain activity. Our intent was to investigate if there was an integrative correlation between the different sensory receptors, the peripheral nervous system and the functionality of the brainstem.

To understand the development and impact of VOXX HPT, one has to understand the relationship between the human peripheral nervous system and brainstem and the various nuclei therein.

The peripheral nervous system (PNS) connects the central nervous system to environmental stimuli to gather sensory input and create motor output. The PNS coordinates action and responses by sending signals from one part of the body to another (From the various receptors such as mechano-receptors and dermatomes to the brainstem). The PNS includes all other sensory neurons, clusters of neurons called ganglia, and connector neurons that attach to the brainstem and other neurons.

The brainstem connects the rest of the brain with the spinal cord. It consists of the midbrain, medulla oblongata, and the pons. The primary input into

the brainstem are through the Area Postrema (AP) and Nucleus Tractus Solitarius (NTS). Motor and sensory neurons extend through the brainstem, allowing for the relay of signals between the brain and spinal cord. Ascending neural pathways cross in this section of the brain, allowing the left hemisphere of the cerebrum to control the right side of the body and vice versa. The brainstem coordinates motor control signals sent from the brain to the body. It also controls several important functions of the body including pain management, alertness, arousal, breathing, blood pressure, digestion, heart rate, swallowing, walking, posture, stability and sensory and motor information integration.

Additionally, decades of research into dysfunction and disorders of the brainstem and associated impact on the nervous system and body, also point to the direct and likely benefits of a brainstem not in dysfunction or disorder, or seemingly in homeostasis.

Our research has led to a number of conclusions and developments. Firstly, we have concluded that these different receptors (parts of the PNS) do have an integrative relationship between themselves and do correlate to specific nervous stimulation and signals that can be sent through General Somatic Afferent (GSA) Pathways, Special Somatic Afferent (SSA) Pathways, General Visceral Afferent (GVA) Pathways, and Special Visceral Afferent (SVA) Pathways to the brainstem.

Furthermore, we see evidence that these signals can be very specific and can help the brainstem reach homeostasis (equilibrium) and seemingly enhance the functions of the brainstem and the reticular nuclei, the monoaminergic and cholinergic nuclei as well as the parabrachial nucleus and periaqueductal gray.

This is the key to VOXX HPT.

VOXX HPT is a very specific sequence and pattern of neuroreceptor activation on the
bottom of the feet that triggers a signal that aides in the brainstem reaching homeostasis. The VOXX HPT pattern is woven or molded into different iterations of products including hosiery and footwear accessories.

Hmmm... that sounds interesting. Since I would be a very good test case, is it possible to get them on amazon? Do they have women's versions? I'm not really a sock wearer except in winter, so do they have a light, summer version?

Their website has a product page with a model called liner:

LINER
Not feeling the Athletic or Wellness socks everyday? We get it. Sometimes you need a little ‘stealth’ living your VoxxLife. That’s why we made the Stasis Liner socks. These breathable, super thin socks can be worn by themselves or under any other sock so you can always have the Voxx HPT benefits.

There's also a shop page where you can order directly -- but only from USA and Canada according to a pop-up window.

For shipping elsewhere you can inquire directly via their contact page.

Hope his helps a bit. :-)

Hmmm... that sounds interesting. Since I would be a very good test case, is it possible to get them on amazon? Do they have women's versions? I'm not really a sock wearer except in winter, so do they have a light, summer version?

I checked and they aren't available on Amazon and talked to the company and they don't ship outside of Canada and the US. But, that doesn't mean they can't be shipped to France or anywhere else. Really, the socks I got are the Wellness and they aren't very thick, as thin or thinner then business socks with more selection, but they do have the liner brand which is even thinner and more breathable, so that's probably what your looking for although not as many to choose from. The women's socks come in small (US 4-7) and medium (US 8-11).

But yeah, if you want to test them out, I can get a few extra pairs and ship them out!

Back
Top Bottom