Wayward Pines (2 seasons TV series)

Divide by Zero

The Living Force
I just finished watching Wayward Pines and found it to be entertaining and interesting.
Wayward Pines (TV Series 2015–2016) - IMDb
Secret Service agent Ethan Burke arrives in the bucolic town of Wayward Pines, ID, on a mission to find two missing federal agents. But instead of answers, Ethan's investigation only turns up more questions. What's wrong with Wayward Pines? Each step closer to the truth takes Ethan further from the life he knew, from the husband and father he was, until he must face the terrifying reality that he may never get out of Wayward Pines alive.

It shows how a society engineered to work doesn't work.
There's not much I could say beyond that without spoilers that get revealed in the middle of season 1.

Spoiler alert scroll down for info if you don't mind to learn the basis of this town and general plot
It's a good primer to see if the show interests you:

A scientist in 2014 saw the upcoming destruction of the human race and decided to build an "Ark" by putting people into cryogenic chambers. Some were volunteers, others were not.
His plan was to wait 2000 years to re-seed humanity in the town Wayward Pines.
A lot of drama ensues as the truth of what happened is not fully revealed to the adults from the past. This is because in the first version of the town, once the people knew the truth, they destroyed the town.

However, the children are allowed to know the truth as they were started in this community. They also were giving a sort of patriotic duty mentality, to "save the human race".

What lies outside the walls of this town is a mutated version of the human race that lives in the wild.

In the show you see how the young generation, being raised in this town's system, are virtually brainwashed in the ways taught by the originator. This causes clashes with the adults who have memories of the past and other ways on how to do things. The mutant human race at some point starts to become a threat to the town because they seek expansion to make food and become bigger.

I thought the first season was excellent, but never got close to finishing season 2. It was a big step down in quality, from the acting to the writing.

I thought the first season was excellent, but never got close to finishing season 2. It was a big step down in quality, from the acting to the writing.

I think you're right. Probably why there wasn't a third season. I saw both seasons. It was okay

I agree, it seems that they cut the budget and rushed the writing.
The ending had an interesting twist.
We remember that the guy who survived in the wild for years went out at the end and was given safe passage by the abbys. At the end you see one of the abby females holding a baby that looks different, more human. So perhaps that man interbred with abbys and the future of the abbys will surprise the humans that re-froze themselves to escape the threat. Too bad it wasn't continued...

Watching S01E2 I am horrified by the heavy CGI work. Seem as though current imaging style is super smooth skin and unrealistic colors. Perhaps that is part of the story here, unreal is real.

Back
Top Bottom