What Are You Doing During the Easter Break?

cassandra

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I must say that I'm feeling rather fatigued with all the news and shocks, information bombardments. My mind isn't working efficiently. I'm plain tired.

Normally I put up some Easter decorations and make a point of celebrating this beautiful time of year, but no one in my family is really in the mood this year for obvious reasons.

Yet nature is blooming and livelier than ever. It's in full swing, and inspiring me going to follow suit, put up the decorations, get out the best china and make an effort to celebrate life, smile and laugh again; play some beautiful music, eat well, enjoy my family and be grateful for what I have.

What are you all doing?

I am with my parents on our propery currently, where there's a beautiful garden. We will decorate some shrubs with easter eggs from plastic or wood. My uncle will come over as well. Then we will have some nice meal (maybe outside in the garden, if the weather is nice) and good talks and maybe laughter (chance for laughter is good when that uncle is around :-D). Good thing is, in this region of Germany where the property is located (Thuringia) things are not that strict like, say, in Saxony or Bavaria. And maybe we will also have a videochat with my sister, her partner and my little nephews.

So in short, we will use the resources we can use to make this year's Easter for us as best as possible under the current conditions. And shutting off the news (exempting the forum in my case, where balancing perspectives are provided and people help keep each other sane).

Maybe, if you follow your inspiration, you will "contaminate" your family and they may be taken in too. FWIW :flowers:

I would like to go into the woods for fresh air, if only weather could get better. I like to work sometimes with paintbrushes, so that will comes as well with little bit more time now as well. Yesterday just finished this one
Starshine.jpg

I was thinking of going to the woods, get out of Wrong Town for a bit.

I'm kind of getting tired of feeling sorry for myself anyway.

That's a beautiful painting, Mikkeal. What vivid colours, very inspiring. I think we might even paint a few Easter eggs using similar colours.

I think it's important for us to make an effort to think about the rainbow after the storm, and to be a beacon for others during these times.

I plan on making a decadent rack of lamb ribs, and spend some quality time with my mom. Best wishes to all of you!

Yet nature is blooming and livelier than ever.
Well here in the Southern Hemisphere, we’re heading into winter, currently in Autumn. It’s a cool (by Aussie standards) rainy day here, we will just be working on our projects at home- some art, crochet and a carpentry project. And there’s always reading to catch up on!

Normally we have a big family gathering with relatives. None of that’s going on. My folks are scared of Covid since they’re old and my siblings are scared of giving them the virus. It’s frustrating when I share information (in an appropriate context) and people ostensibly listen but simply don’t change their behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom