Standing in the wings
Feel like there's an angel hanging on my shoulder
Getting kind of nervous talking to a stranger
Gonna tell your story, playing Death or Glory
Everybody sends their love
Don't deny it

Nobuyuki Tsujii, a blind pianist
Nobuyuki Tsujii - Rachmaninoff - Piano Concerto No 2 in C minor, Op 18

Not quite getting why the pianist was moving his head so much and had closed eyes all the time, I looked him up on the Wiki:
Nobuyuki Tsujii (辻井 伸行, Tsujii Nobuyuki) (also known as Nobu Tsujii) is a Japanese pianist and composer. He was born blind due to microphthalmia. Tsujii performs extensively, with a large number of conductors and orchestras, and has received critical acclaims as well as notices for his unique techniques for learning music and performing with an orchestra while being unable to see.
Tsujii said in a 2011 interview, "I learn pieces by listening, but it doesn't mean I'm copying CDs or another person's interpretation. I ask my assistants to make a special cassette tape for me. They split the piece into small sections, such as several bars, and record it (one hand at a time). I call these tapes 'music sheets for ears.' It takes me a few days to complete a short piece, but it takes one month to complete a big sonata or concerto."[13]
Performance technique[edit]
In 2017, a reporter from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Monique Schafter, asked Tsujii "How do you stay in time when you can't see the conductor?" The pianist replied: " By listening to the conductor's breath and also sensing what's happening around me." The late conductor Bramwell Tovey commented: "He must have very acute hearing, I'm sure."[14]

At a 2023 BBC Proms concert, BBC Radio 3 narrator Martin Handley asked conductor Domingo Hindoyan whether he has to adjust to Tsujii's blindness in any way. Hindoyan replied, "I don't do anything different, absolutely not anything. We worked as I'd work with any soloist. And, probably the fact that he has a special way to learn pieces -- he learns them in a way that is so logical, and he is extremely sensitive. So, he really feels every instrument and every breath from myself, from the concert master and from the orchestra. It's just like he understands the piece from the very soul of it, from very deep. It's really fantastic." [15]
Respect, my hat is off for such an achievement.

Gaz Williams, bass player extraordinaire and all round techie enthusiast, does a 5am live jam on his new Yamaha CP. I have one of these instruments, and they're a world of experimentation due to them having a set of on-board effects units. Wah Wah, tremelo, chorus, phaser, analogue delay, digital delay, it's got the lot. You can also hook up an external reverb pedal and go to town in feedback heaven. Considering he's improvising on a new keyboard completely off the cuff, at 5am, just brilliant. An interesting bloke in fairness, his YT channel is brilliant.

We're Gonna Groove, by Led Zeppelin. Insane level of intensity in this track. It was one of the first things they did together when they came together as a band in 1968. What I enjoy about them is they can rock really hard, or just lay back and chill like Crosby Stills and Nash. The second and third tracks I share here capture that ethereal folksiness that makes my love for this band endure.

The Who recorded live in 1974, the year I was born. There comes a point in the ageing process where you become free of that dreaded self-consciousness that can haunt many an individual. I'm now snugly settling into middle age after a few years being in denial, lol!:lol: What seems to happen is you just stop caring what other people think about you anymore, and it's a liberating process to go through. True originals reach this point earlier in their lives, but better late than never. As my hair turns grey my mind grows sharper, a cool trade.

Anyway, I digress. The Who are an incendiary live act. Enjoy!:cool2:

My partner went to a funeral for a close friend of hers today. At the end of the service, this song was played by Canadian singer Stan Rogers called "Down the Road". It was one of her favourites. RIP Sue.

Sun is rising high, burning into the day
I will say goodbye, I'll be going away
Brush away my doubts, what tomorrow will hold
Feeling fine for now, going down the road

To a city to sing, about the trees and the wind
'Bout the hills in spring, and the rivers that bend
The rocky deep pass, and the poppies and ponies
Running through the grass, up and down the road

In the dark they sit and they holler for more
White smoke in a wisp, from here to the door
Their admission they paid, for the stories they're told
Of a clear new day, hold me down on the road

So heavy rain at my back, lazy meadows ahead
In my book I keep track, of the promises said

For my songs in a town, that tomorrow will hold
Feelin' better for now, facin' down the road
"Down The Road" written by Mary McCaslin. This video was recorded by Alan Kanter on May 28, 1983 at McCabe's Guitar Shop, Santa Monica, California, USA. Stan died 5 days later on Air Canada Flight 797.

Hi guys! I've listening to this album and I love it, and this song is so nice 🫶

Give me your love, it's a curious love
Give me your heart, it's a curious thing
Our lady of the shipwreck isRunning thru the storm
Her skirts blown back, hands to the fore
My love and I goIt's a curious woe
Like dreamers at dawn
Awake but not yet
You give me your heart
It's a curious thing
Give me your loveIt's a curious love
It burns and it slidesIt's a curious ride