What if Albania had become the Jewish state?

sophiesworld

A Disturbance in the Force
I came across this interesting article talking about a British Zionist journalist, Leo Elton, who traveled to Albania in 1935...

_http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/what-if-albania-had-become-the-jewish-state-1.278743

Hi sophiesworld,

Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

Seems some people would like the title of this topic.

photo_2024-07-30_22-28-39.jpg

US-born Albanian pop singer Bebe Rexha is facing strong criticism for a post made on Instagram which has been interpreted as her espousing Albanian expansionist sentiment:

Albania, Kosova, Macedonia, Montenegro, Presheva. For me, they are all my ALBANIA!

In a separate comment, Rexha stated:

Despite all the borders! This is the beauty of Albania!

Several ethnic Albanian pop stars, including Dua Lipa and Rita Ora, have openly expressed support for the creation of a Greater Albania, as well as support for the Kosovo Liberation Army and other Albanian terrorist organisations.

As a native albanian (born just righ before the fall of communism in Albania), the idea of having escaped a palestinian fate pulls my hair straight up. :scared:
While it appears that many jews were hidden by the population from the german occupation during WWII and the people never really gave much a damn about each-other's religion (perhaps to the point of letting the communist regime even declare the practice of religion illegal for half a century), I remember my mother sometimes citing a relative "Listen well dear, green horses and good jews do not exist."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom