Women marrying themselves as symbolic expression of self-love

JGeropoulas

The Living Force
Women Marrying Themselves as ‘Symbolic Expression of Self-Love’

This is the predictable culmination of our society's pathological narcissism that began in the 60's under the guise of supposed enlightenments, freedoms and self-expressions. Most people have yet to even ponder their existence, much less, realize they are more a collection of disconnected "selves" than a self-aware, integrated single self. When two marry, it's really more like two dozen, often unknown and conflicting aspects of those two are marrying. At least if that becomes too daunting, couples can divorce--an option that won't be available to these self-loving, self-marrying ladies.

The article cited a woman who has had a lot of battles for herself and someone who married herself after her husband's death. Maybe it can just mean that they really just want to practice self-love? Whatever their motives, we will not know if we will not ask personally. 🤔

From the above article
Jones said her marriage to herself “symbolizes [her] love for [herself] for the rest of [her] life.”
Do one needs to publicize their self love with ceremony? Otherwise self love doesn't exist or last? Hopefully they are not bankrupt with the ceremony.

CNN noted that critics say self-marriage, which is not recognized by law in the United States, is narcissistic. In response, the outlet quoted a therapist who believes sologamy could be the manifestation of a “healthy form of narcissism.”

“It is actually a lack of self-love that leads to unhealthy narcissism,” therapist John Amodeo claimed. “We are then constantly needing validation from other to fill our inner emptiness.”
Well, it is "healthy form of narcissism". Probably it is sort of valentine day gift. What ever, God knows. If we say too much they will call us self hating self lovers? :lol:

This reminds me of a story a few years back about a woman who married her cat. At first, I thought, "what a lonely, pitiful soul". But once I read further to discover her cat was a Maine Coon--I completely understood her choice (having been happily "married" to one of these affectionate, communicative fur balls for 13 years) :-D

Attachments

• sammy huge vanity.JPG
    sammy huge vanity.JPG
    876.1 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom