Young Forum Members/ The lure of attractive new age groups

This kind or relates to our recent talk about Higher Balance wilecoyote. Groups that claim to have all the answers and the definitive last word on spirituality really get to me now because they take advantage of the people's yearning to know. It's not just the money, it's also the fact that people can spend years practicing techniques that don't work or are only a small part of a much bigger puzzle. Critical thinking is very important in this game. Some new age groups look down on criticism as being destructive, but destruction is part of any transformation. I think a lot of groups are just afraid we'll look at their stuff will clear eyes.
These days when I assess a particular teaching I firstly see if it makes total sense to me - I have no problem taking what I need and discarding what is useless - method styles are probably the best in my view - once I experience something for myself it's no longer just intellectual knowledge and concepts. It's good to have this forum, people are actually tuned into reality.

Hi all, thought I'd jump on the young forum members bandwagon.

I'm 23. I came across cassiopaea.org in 2001 while I was researching psychopathy. My biological father is a psychopath and I spent eighteen frustrating and painful years trying to work out why he was so different to my mother and myself. My mother was often told that she made him a better person, but after stumbling upon cassiopaea.org, I knew what was really happening. She helped him pretend to be a better person. They divorced when I was young and he cleaned her out financially and emotionally. It wasn't long after reading up on psychopathy that my already weak relationship with my father broke down. I no longer have any contact with him. That also goes for my stepfather, who had some peculiar personality attributes to say the least. When that relationship drew to an end, he claimed to have voices in his head screaming at him to kill us while we were sleeping. I still don't know what to make of that.

So I never really came to cassiopaea.org looking for anything out of the ordinary, but I can tell you that I avoided the rest of the web site for months, dismissing it before curiosity finally got the better of me. I read the articles with an incredible amount of scepticism, but the more I read the more I began to accept as possible, then probable. I think it took me a year to fully get a handle on the content. I lived in denial for a month after reading The Wave! That was easily the hardest to digest. I had to re-read so many pages to fully comprehend the terror of the situation.

I didn't have that much of a brush with New Age. I had a disturbing experience similar to an abduction (still not sure if it was real or not), which left me not sleeping for a week and encouraged me to seek advice from a New Age guru. After some time of surrounding myself with white light and various other ridiculous rituals, I turned to the more "out there" content on cassiopaea.org to see if there was anything that could help me there. And the rest is history!

very young people! I was wrong in thinking that all young people today were materialistic because of the actual consomative and individualistic mass-culture. Many post regulary elsewhere in a very accurate and pertinent way. just to say it makes me happy to know that such persons exist :) . by the may I'm much older (29 but closer to 30) and a very very very beginner in truthseeking and hopping not to be deviated from it. I'm reading from the cassiopaea website for few years now but I'm a very bad student and only slowly learning :P . I am actually searching for whatever I am an OP or not. I am not a psychopath (I am actually sure of this) but I am not sure yet of being a souled human or not :/ . It's a part of my very slow learning I guess. I'll let know if I find it one day :)

I'm 25... is that still young? :D
I never got involved in anything religious, my family is not very religious. So I didn't read the bible or go to church, and didn't really ask any questions, I just took life "as it is" so to speak. I did sign up on a yahoo group called "psychic-ability" quite a few years ago, mainly because I wanted to see if there were any real phychics out there. I monitored the group for quite some time, getting a good idea of what was going on in the new age scene. However I never bought into any of it, some of it I found interesting, but it was mainly research - I wanted to know more about the people than what they were preaching.

I found the C site by typing certain things in google, I just stumbled across it and found it to be quite different from many other sites. I joined casschat, and back then Casschat was a bit different, there was a lot more activity (SOTT didn't exist then). I found it to be a lot of fun to engage in discussions with people, and I love the rules - the "psychic ability" list was so full of garbage, people arguing, moaning, talking rubbish. I stayed as a member on psychic ability for quite some time as I really wanted to know the new age movement well, I wanted to know how to recognise it. I have left that group now for a couple of years, I don't have any use for it anymore :)

Hi,
I'm 26, and started with the C's stuff at 20/21 years old.

Growing up, I wasn't raised religious but my mom believed in God, and my dad was more into the idea of nature itself as an entity. I myself didn't have a conclusion and felt that Christianity didn't make sense as they were rewarding people for doing some trivial things, and punishing good people just because they didn't accept Jesus. It just seemed too bass-ackward, lol.

When I got to go online, I started researching more about things, and got into a conspiracy forum. Over there I read about new age stuff, most of which sounded like the same like Christianity, but sugar coated. I felt like something was wrong with me, because all these people were able to understand the new age, and it didn't make sense to me. Then one day they had this article from this man who was writing about evil gods.... he had this online group to study Gnosticism. I got into that, and it made so much sense to me. I kept reading more and more, and eventually got to the C's.... the Wave series, which was being written.

I'm 33, but unfortunatly was gifted with a face that makes me LOOK 23. I enjoy the look on peoples faces when I tell them my age. I have a very active job where I set my own hours, travel incessantly, and don't have to deal with many soul sucking people. So basically in many ways I ACT 23. Or, at least I don't have many of the 'responsibilities' of being an 'adult'. It often makes me identify with younger people alot easier. It's hard to fly under the radar, but rewarding none the less.
I'm wary beyond belief of groups. It's just too easy for one person to come in and ruin the vibe of one. I prefer ones that form 'organicly'. I prefer to do the work alone, or be in contact with people for short spurts and meet up with them from time to time to check our progress. I think one of the core things you need to have in this game is a strong sense of individuality and confidence in ones abilities. If you join a local 'club' what your mostly doing is looking to others for support and/or validation.
I mean this in the way of some local group and not this forum at all. I think the SOTT forum is a good balance. We're not in eachothers faces all the time, there is a very strong 'weeding' process going on at all times. We come from all walks of life and are spread out enough across the globe to offer valuable cultural differences.
I found the C's material on the internet. Good stuff, the best there is these days.

Hello everyone! I'm 27 and like GreyCat people often think that I look 22-23 which doesn't bother me a bit (not like 4-5 years is that big a difference anyway)! About 3 years ago I started to experiences alot of strange coincidences myself. At the time I was taking a quantum mechanics class and was intrigued by the various ways quantum theory could be interpreted to describe the world around us not to mention its philosophical/metaphysical implications. So with mutiple coincidental experiences on one hand and a little knowledge of quantum mechanics on the other and in need of an explanation for the "craziness", a crazy, random thought came to my head, "Maybe my future self is/ has been travelling back in time to my present self and somehow setting up all these crazy coincidences as "signs" to help me out or something." I literally sat there for about 15 minutes just staring into space with this thought in mind just in awe because such an explanation just might be possible according to what little I knew about quantum mechanics. After this thought I started to do alot of research into religion/philosophy etc....And about two years later I came across the following site of Ark's, http://www.quantumfuture.net/quantum_future/pm-cont.htm and the two things that really got my attention were the phrases, " 'Us in the Future' and 'We are you in the Future'". I was awestruck. Coincidences, a "crazy" "time travelling" thought provoking me to research, and the two phrases, " 'Us in the Future' and 'We are you in the Future'" I had no doubt that I come to the right place. Of course that was only the beginning and I haven't turned back since.

Hi everybody,
This is my first post here on this forum but I have been reading it for sometime now. I am 25 and have been reading the Cassiopaea site since 2002. When I was a teenager, I started listening to hip hop music like the Wu Tang Clan and Canibus and heard them mentioning masons, the illuminati, "the last days and times", etc. and they appeared to me at the time to be fairly knowledgeable about various things and the music seemed very esoteric and mystical. This seemed to remind me of some purpose that I had to strive for knowlege and so I started to seek out more information. The movie The Matrix shocked me and I thought "this is exactly how I feel about the world!". My mother had a copy of Castaneda's The Art of Dreaming and I read it very quickly and found it very interesting. I read some of Bill Cooper's book, Behold a Pale Horse and started looking on the internet for other information. I got caught up on some misinformation sites and also got somewhat into David Icke's work. But eventually, I found the Cassiopaea site through Montalk's website I think, which I had found by searching for reptilians or the matrix or something. The most important thing that the Cassiopaea website has taught me is how to start to think for myself which is very difficult. Thank you Laura for all your hard work and to all those who contribute to the site!

Welcome Taoninja and SeekingtheTruth!

I'd like to share my story as well. I'm 18. When I was young my two brothers and I believed in aliens. I'm not sure how it started, but I think it's because we watched sci-fi movies and such. Growing up I kept believing in aliens, I was so sure that they exist that I told it to everyone and, mostly, I was the only one who believed that they exist. I read books and stuff, but I didn't really understand what I was reading, because the words were quite difficult to understand. I was about 12/13 I think. I thought that the Greys were the good guys and that they're here to help us or something. Growing up I also came in contact with different kind of people. I was told I was a star child etc I believed in some of those New Age stuff in the beginning. I was mostly a person that accepted people easily. One day I was bored and I searched the net to read some alien abduction stories, I stumbled upon a forum and someone there posted about twenty links. I clicked on one which seemed to be the Cassiopaean transcripts, I was immediately interested and told it to my brother. My brother then did some searching on the net and found sott.net etc. It's funny to see that my brother and I are both doing the Work. My little brother, who is 16, doesn't understand it that much, but he likes to read Don Juan's teachings. Sometimes we both read some pages from ISOTM and try to discuss with each other about what we just read. Well, we all have our own lessons.

Now I try to apply mostly everything that I read. I can't learn by just reading a book and thinking "okay he must be right; that's how things are". That would be lying to myself. So I try to understand what he means and try to share experiences that I've observed based on for example Gurdjieff's knowledge. I'm a slow reader, I know. But I notice that everything happens chronologically. I observe and try to understand, keeping in my mind that I always could be wrong. I don't want to believe anymore, just like Ark's signature says, I want to know. Also my experience with people then and now made me understand better why it is important to be quiet when people don't ask for your help. I also changed in a way of accepting people. I noticed that when someone says something like "There is something moving in my room. I think it's an entity." that I won't reply anything like: "What do you think it is? That's quite interesting." etc. anymore.
Cause how could they know? So I just reply that it's nothing special, that there could be a possibilty that my room and everywhere else is full of 'things' which we can't perceive. I don't want to believe and just wonder how things are. I decided to do criticial research, to observe and network.

Hey everyone!

I just turned 28. Anyways, I've posted a few times on the forum, but generally just small posts. I have yet to formally introduce myself, and this appears to be as good of a place as any. I can't say that I've had any 'defining moments' or anything in my life bringing me here specifically. Generally, I've always been one to question things in life. When I was a young child, I used to consider the possibility that everyone around me was a robot and I was the only REAL person in my circle of family/friends. Actually, not so much 'robots', but almost like actors in a play. They were all actors and I was the only real individual 'living the play'. I always wondered if this was really just 'my' world and everyone around me was there to test me, confuse me, etc. To this day, I still don't know if this was based on pure self-importance (they can't be like me - be as complex as me) or whether it was some small thing inside me that realized the overly mechanical nature of life and society. Usually these thoughts would consume me when it was time to go to sleep.

While my parents weren't very religious, I was sent to a Catholic school. Being in rural areas, you only have the choice between two non-private schools. Unfortunately, the public (non-religious) schools were very poor quality in my area, and many families like my own, sent their kids to the Catholic schools even if they weren't practicing Catholics, or even Catholic at all. Anyways, my first experience worth mentioning was my teacher in grade 5. At that age, you had one teacher and he/she taught every subject you had (other than French), from math to phys ed. Most teachers in my school would teach religion, but wouldn't go any further than the curriculum. Well this man I had in grade 5 changed my life at the time. He was the only overtly religious teacher, or person, I had met in that school or anywhere, and would often force us to skip phys-ed for more religion, and sometimes math. He used to talk endlessly about 'end times' and show us videos of these kids in Medjegoria (unsure of the spelling, but it's a name I can't forget) who were visited by the Virgin Mary sometime in recent decades. He told us of all the visions she had given them of what will happen after the year 2000 (yet absolute dates weren't given). He showed videos of these people crying because of how brutal the things that would happen to the planet would be. At the same time, these individuals were apparently not allowed to say what they had seen. One can easily see what something like this would do to the imaginations of young kids. Kids in my class would often leave class pale and sobbing. Instead of despair, I resolved to 'save' myself and my family from these events. This man alone changed me from a happy-go-lucky little boy who was only interested in sports and kissing little girls, to a kid full of fear. To a certain extent I still carry around a lot of irrational fear to this day. I will get scared while sitting alone in a room on occasion, and never really understand why.

These events caused me to go from passively accepting Catholic teachings to being a 'closet' fanatic. I used to make up my own prayer that I would say every night asking 'god' to keep myself and my family members safe from anything that may harm us. Over time, my prayers would get longer and longer, including more people and more possible events that my imagination could think up. While this was going on, I never really mentioned it to anyone, other than my brother who'd been through the same teacher 3 years earlier. After time passed, and I started growing up, the effects of this man waned and my prayers got shorter and shorter, until I eventually stopped saying them.

As each year passed, I stared believing less and less in Christianity, solely based on the inconsistencies and hypocrisy in the material we would study.

When in high school, I was a model student, while being a 'partier' for lack of a better word. I was on the 'honor roll' every year, except for one I think. The only subject that I was a disruptive student in, was religion class. Again I had one teacher, an ex-nun, who tried to force her beliefs on the class. This time, instead, I challenged and questioned her reasoning, and would often get in debates (in reality, arguments) with her in front of the entire class. I would often laugh out loud at some of the fanatical comments coming out of her mouth and would constantly roll my eyes. At the same time, I still achieved high marks in the class because of test scores and essays. As a kid, I was good at knowing 'what the teacher' wanted when it came to written work.

In my second year of her class, (she taught gr 10 and 11 religion) after a week went by, it was time for the her to decide where everyone would sit for the year. When she did her assigned seating, this is exactly how it went. "John, you move up here" (pointing to the front seat in the middle row). I did this grudgingly, then she proceed to say. "Everyone else is good where they are". Many in the class started laughing at the 'assigned seating'. To me, it came across as her indirectly telling the class, 'you question me, and argue with me, and this is what will happen to you".

Anyways, I never really got further into religion or spirituality, other than thinking that organized religion was nothing but a large cult. This topic actually came up when my brother asked the same teacher a few years earlier what the difference between a cult and a religion was. From what he told me, she pondered it for a while, then answered simply: numbers. All in all, I think my experience with religious schools really helped my critical and independent thinking skills and the ability to spot hypocrisy. By understanding what I don’t agree with and why, I think it has helped me to strive to find something that can answer the questions I have in an objective and, most importantly, consistent way. I guess you could say that all of my ‘sacred cows’ pertaining to religion and spirituality were thrown out the window at a young age.

The rest of high school and University were uneventful. I was a 'socializer' who was still able to get good marks. Most of my University days were extremely mechanical, going from class to drinking and partying. There really wasn't much else going on during those years. In fact, I rarely if ever read anything that didn't pertain to a subject I was studying. I rarely picked up a paper, or watched the news on TV. I basically lived in a bubble of wondering how I was going to cram for the next exam, what I was going to do that night, what bar I would go to, or what friends place I would head over to. Then came 9/11. I remember being woken up by one of my roommates telling me to turn on my TV. I did and again, I felt like I was witnessing a movie. Other than that, nothing really of importance happened during those years, and to be honest, I think I got dumber and out of touch with my critical thinking skills.

Then after University, I moved back to the city I was born and found a job very close to where I grew up. I still work at this job today. Anyways, my job isn't very difficult and doesn't require a lot of 'work' yet I'm stuck in front of a computer all day long. After a few months, I found a way to do all of my 40 hr work week in around 25, while having an office of my own with a locking door (the 'boss', owner, is never around anyways). This left me with so much time on my hands, that I decided to start reading about history, philosophy, politics, astronomy, cosmology and the paranormal, topics that had always interested me yet I had never perused academically (which again, I think is good because I didn’t form many ‘sacred cows’ in regards to these subjects). Then I stumbled upon Alex Jones and the like, read a lot of the stuff on 9/11 which really opened my eyes. From there I went onto more 'paranormal' subjects which still related to history, politics etc. Things like the Philadelphia experiment/Montauk, and lots of Von Dannegan's research.

One day, I don't remember how, but I clicked a link to the cass site. I read Mr. French's article on Laura and was instantly hooked. About 3-4 years ago, I started reading 'the wave' at work, and enjoyed it while not thinking of it as fact or fiction, but somewhere in between. Most people need to know if a story is fact or fiction BEFORE they read. I, on the other hand, enjoy reading 'stories' and deciding for myself what parts of it are possible or probably, and what appears to be fantasy. Even a total fiction can contain elements of truth in my opinion. I read the wave with an open but skeptical mind (basically it started as something to 'kill time' at work, then after awhile I would print off pages to bring home. As time passed, I would print off more and more to bring home every night) and as each paged passed, it really appealed to me. This was a new theory, on life, politics, history, science, philosophy, all the things I enjoyed, all wrapped up into one neat package. Finally, I had something that could connect everything.

Since then, I've devoted much of my time to these subjects. I still used the majority of my 'down time' at work reading the master site index, and all the new articles on SOTT, while continuing to read the material, and recommended books on my own time. Up to this point, I have focused on the material relating to all those subjects that interest me, and have just recently started reading 'In Search of the Miraculous' (is this the best one to start with?). Other than the bits and pieces taken from it I read in Laura's works I haven't really started on the 'esoteric' material. I guess I'm still a 'rookie' at that aspect of this site, which is the main reason why I haven't posted more often. I have a lot of work ahead of me!!

As a side note: I don't know if anyone else has felt this way, but for me, searching for the 'macro' truths (ie politics, history, etc.) is enjoyable, and exciting to me, yet focusing on the 'micro' truths such as the Gurdjieff material, actually FEELS like work. I guess when you focus on others it's much easier to remain interested because it's more like a story, a True story but a still story nonetheless, and when you focus on yourself, it feels like work, hard work.

Anyways, that's it about me for now. I hope I didn't bore anyone with such a long post about myself.

Cheers
John

Charliebox said:
As a side note: I don't know if anyone else has felt this way, but for me, searching for the 'macro' truths (ie politics, history, etc.) is enjoyable, and exciting to me, yet focusing on the 'micro' truths such as the Gurdjieff material, actually FEELS like work. I guess when you focus on others it's much easier to remain interested because it's more like a story, a True story but a still story nonetheless, and when you focus on yourself, it feels like work, hard work.
Hi John, and welcome to the forum. I can certainly relate to what you've written here, as I found the Cass site in a similar way - looking for details about the "big picture" that wasn't full of the contradictions and authoritarian BS inherent in stuff like mainstream religion and new age navel-gazing. And you are right - the "Work" starts when one begins to observe their inner life and sees how chaotic and contradictory that is, and how trapped we are by automatism, inertia and repetition. Fortunately this forum is a great place to learn from the experiences of others and, hopefully, move towards some kind of freedom and personal sovereignty so we may help others to do the same. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Hi,

Did i read that incorrectly, or was the first post written in 2006...? : ) Well, in case anyone's still reading this, as it appears to have been revived...

I'm 26 (though like some of you, generally look younger than my age - I guess depends on who's doing the looking), and was introduced to Laura's site by my boyfriend. He is well-read, "truth seeking," writes sott-worthy articles. He seemed like the kind of guy one would trust, said a lot of the right words, took on the dad role of my little one. In the end, it seems like I was just another of those women who has lost my "use" (this might be generalizing, but just so that i don't have to explain in so many words, as I understand this kind of story is pretty boring, heh).

I just have to say, thank god for disillusionment : ) And thank goodness too, for learning to appreciate it (disillusionment) - as living a life of fantasy/illusion is IMHO not the way to live any kind of life. And while I don't love the fact that I was somewhat duped by this guy, I do appreciate that I was introduced to these sites. I still have a ton of reading ahead of me, a lot of learning, and I'm happy find such open-minded individuals.

I just finished reading Programmed to Kill (Dave McGowan), which is pretty disturbing, though not much of a surprise anymore on how deep the people in positions of power are involved in these matters.

I apologize if I'm rambling... it's almost 2 am and I just woke up, checked the computer and got to typing, and am now going to sleep again, heh.

Back
Top Bottom