Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Gaby said:
From "The Iodine Crisis" by Lynne Farrow.

Lugol's iodine solution chart: Milligrams of iodine per drop

Lugol's content per drop - Total

2% - 2.50mg
3% - 3.75mg
5% - 6.25mg
7% - 8.75mg
10% - 12.50mg
15% - 18.75mg

Thanks for this Gaby. I was going to research the mg/drop ratio today. I just got out of the hospital for another bladder resection last week as another little bleeding polyp had been found after being pronounced cancer free a year ago. I had stopped the iodine and Poly-MVA therapies. I won't be making that mistake again.

Gaby said:
I think it is still better to get the raw materials and make your own lugol solution if buying lugol directly is not an option. But yeah, betadine could be an emergency solution for more than one person.

Making Lugol's is a simple procedure. For what a couple of 2 oz bottles of 5% would cost I was able to make nearly 1 liter. Ingredients can be ordered from chemical houses found on eBay. You don't need large quantities of the ingredients. When you decide how much you want to make you can order the specific weight of the ingredients needed for that quantity. The ingredients needed are: potassium iodide, iodine crystals and distilled water. The potassium iodide to iodine crystals ratio is 2:1.

I have only had time to read the first few pages of this thread, then I jumped to the last three pages to get up to date, so the link that I am posting for the DIY tutorial video may already be in this thread, but here it is again. This is part one. Part two is linked from that youtube page.
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znqej6FBxTA&list=PLQ1pAKHTBvNfw7ZzJQwztXWyttEZL2LJJ

Gaby said:
Certain tissues prefer iodine over iodide and vice versa, i.e. the thyroid, ovaries and breasts.

I think the doses mostly refers to iodine, but you use what you can get. I think people are referring Herx reactions and results with both solutions: lugol and SSKI.

I'm not sure what the optimal ratio would be.

But if we take SSKI in addition to the drops of lugol's, that adds to the iodide and doesn't change the iodine dosage.

At this website they say that the lugol's ratio is optimal and some interesting info on super high doses

http://healyourselfathome.com/HOW/NEWSTARTS/1_NUTRITION/MINERALS/IODINE/HOW_TO_SUPPLEMENT/lugols_dosage_guidelines.aspx
Long-time recommended daily intake for iodine/iodide supplementation was 2 to 6 drops of Lugol solution containing 12.5 to 37.5 mg total iodide - A dose of 0.1 ml (~2 drops) of Lugol’s solution contains 5 mg iodine and 7.5 mg iodide as the potassium salt, the near perfect total amount of iodine and ratio of iodine to iodide, for sufficiency of the thyroid and mammary glands;

♦ The high iodine intake of the Japanese would be needed to handle the toxins from their heavy seafood consumption (Many of the types eaten being from the water “clean-up crew”, without fins and scales e.g. shellfish) - on the other hand, the Western population need the iodine to deal with the now high (but previously uncommon) exposure to halogens (bromine, chlorine, fluorine) and soy in their diet and environment.

♦ Safety record is 6 grams IN-organic (i.e. not organic) iodine /day - Daily amounts of up to 6 g /day of INorganic iodine have been safely taken by large groups of patients for several years. It is important however to emphasize that this safety record only applies to INorganic, non-radioactive iodine/iodide, not to organic iodine-containing drugs and to radioactive iodides (radioiodides). Obtaining high doses of organic iodine from seaweed and organic iodine supplements, have sometimes resulted in toxicity problems. Dr. Abraham contributes this, not to the iodine, but to excess doses of the molecule to which the iodine is attached.

With that ratio they claim which is optimal, I can't find out whether it applies to the higher doses which people with severe issues can use to detox/kill pathogens. In that case, we can make our own higher concentration version of lugols with the raw materials as Rabelais describes.

Interesting that they mention the toxins that the Japanese are ingesting with the seafood consumption is offset by the iodine that they get! Great news since that must be keeping the mercury from staying in their systems!

Safety record is extreme, 6 grams is 6000 mg! That would be 1000 drops of lugols a day!

Qui connaitrait le nom du produit en France pour l'acheter ?... Merci d'avance...

Who connaitrait the name of the product in France to buy it?... Thank you in advance...

PERLOU said:
Qui connaitrait le nom du produit en France pour l'acheter ?... Merci d'avance...

Who connaitrait the name of the product in France to buy it?... Thank you in advance...

Lugol's solution:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00IUMB7PM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Selenium:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00LHZU2Z0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

B complex which you can take in a pinch instead of B2 and B3 alone:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00BL8F7Q2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

B2:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00020IAJG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

B3:
https://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Dhpc&field-keywords=vitamin+b3&rh=n%3A197861031%2Ck%3Avitamin+b3

Potassium iodide 32 mg:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0014H1KNY?keywords=potassium%20iodide&qid=1447838882&ref_=sr_1_2&s=hpc&sr=1-2

Iodoral, a bit pricey:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B003BB0VMC?keywords=potassium%20iodide&qid=1447838882&ref_=sr_1_9&s=hpc&sr=1-9

Glycine which I think is pretty essential. Just use it three times a day to sweeten your tea:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0106B78CK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

And just about anything else you need can be found on amazon.fr though sometimes it costs more than it does in the US or elsewhere - why, I don't know. Maybe the French gov has something against its citizens being healthy or thinking outside the box.

Below, a testimony of what Lugol has accomplished for me, in case it can help any of you:

In 2010, I got a very nasty virus. I could never get a proper diagnosis and a name, but the symptoms (in chronological order) were:
- Very sharp pain in the stomach after eating very little, and 1/2 hour later, it radiated toward the back.
- The pain spread from the middle back to the knees (sharp!). It felt like a nervous and muscle pain, and it was really painful to move and even lay down.
- Impossible to eat anything without triggering the symptoms
- Stools of a very clear color, and undigested fat. (i.e. pancreas and liver issues)
- Depression (which is fairly rare for me except for the normal "blues")

I have gotten it every year since at the same time of the year (November). Usually, by the time it starts, I can't but go through the symptoms. The first year I fasted for 4 days and took between 80-120 grams of vitamin C per day. Until it went away. After that, my white blood cells showed up very high, for months. And so it goes every year.

Well, fast-forward to this year. I had been taking 5 drops of Lugol 12% per day, for about a week, + 1 capsule of Potassium iodide 130mg of this kind, + the co-factors (Vit. B and selenium). As soon as the symptoms started, I told Laura, "I'm going to nuke it!". We read some more, and then I started taking 10 drops of lugol in the morning, and 10 in the afternoon, the co-factors, salt water 2 hours after the Lugol (very important!), and the 130mg potassium iodide.

Result: Not only did the pain never get a chance to radiate to the back and all that hell, but my stools got normal after the second day, and it wasn't debilitating at all. I haven't had to fast except from staying away from fats and carbs for a day, and then eating small portions for 2 days. Now, everything seems normal!

So, after 5 years of this recurring virus, I think this is a huge success for this therapy, and would recommend it to anyone who suffers from autoimmune disorders as listed in this thread, OR viruses.

I'm sold! :D

The only "side effect" I notice is tiredness in the middle of the afternoon, and no matter what time I got to bed, I wake up between 4.30am and 6 am. But I don't mind that at all. And I'm surprised not to be really tired in spite of only getting 6 hours of sleep most of the time. Sometimes I get a runny nose or muscle aches, but that's part of the detoxing, I think. It's worth it, for sure.

PERLOU said:

Unrefined Sea Salt too
http://www.amazon.fr/Danival-DANIVAL-Atlantique-raffin%C3%A9-manuellement/dp/B0028V8KQ0/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1447841746&sr=1-1&keywords=sel+marin

Chu said:
So, after 5 years of this recurring virus, I think this is a huge success for this therapy, and would recommend it to anyone who suffers from autoimmune disorders as listed in this thread, OR viruses.

That's awesome Chu! :clap:

I'm noticing constant slow and steady improvements (as long as I have enough salt/water in the day - as this detox seems pretty heavy!).
So far I'm feeling more physically grounded with less weakness/more strength in my muscles and tendons. Gentle exercise actually has lasting strengthening effects rather than no change.
I'm also noticing an improved sense of smell and a new sense of touch in my feet. I had no idea my feet where insensitive, until I started noticing my socks/shoes more this week.
Circulation is greatly improved too - no more cold hands/feet.

Chu said:

The only "side effect" I notice is tiredness in the middle of the afternoon, and no matter what time I got to bed, I wake up between 4.30am and 6 am. But I don't mind that at all. And I'm surprised not to be really tired in spite of only getting 6 hours of sleep most of the time. Sometimes I get a runny nose or muscle aches, but that's part of the detoxing, I think. It's worth it, for sure.

Excellent news!! :thup:

Also good to know the approximate dose, which looks something around 430mg of iodine per day. Sounds good!

Thank you for sharing :flowers:

I'm having bromide detox symptoms and am currently loading on salt water and taking my other supplements and meds. I feel hopeful and happy that something is getting out from my system.

RedFox said:
Chu said:

That's awesome Chu! :clap:

I'm noticing constant slow and steady improvements (as long as I have enough salt/water in the day - as this detox seems pretty heavy!).
So far I'm feeling more physically grounded with less weakness/more strength in my muscles and tendons. Gentle exercise actually has lasting strengthening effects rather than no change.
I'm also noticing an improved sense of smell and a new sense of touch in my feet. I had no idea my feet where insensitive, until I started noticing my socks/shoes more this week.
Circulation is greatly improved too - no more cold hands/feet.

Thanks for sharing Chu and RedFox! I'm very glad you are no longer having the symptoms you described Chu.

I'm going through this thread and it seems quite promising! I bought my Lugol's 5% but I'm still trying to catch up with the info before starting anything.

Chu said:
Well, fast-forward to this year. I had been taking 5 drops of Lugol 12% per day, for about a week, + 1 capsule of Potassium iodide 130mg of this kind, + the co-factors (Vit. B and selenium). As soon as the symptoms started, I told Laura, "I'm going to nuke it!". We read some more, and then I started taking 10 drops of lugol in the morning, and 10 in the afternoon, the co-factors, salt water 2 hours after the Lugol (very important!), and the 130mg potassium iodide.

According to what I've read so far, this is quite a high dose. So I ask, would that be a dose for special cases such as cancer, a very nasty virus or autoimmune conditions that are very "active"?

My question is because I haven't got such a strong condition ATM, and maybe there are others who also don't have one. In that case, would it be better to stick to the 50mg dose? Would the 130mg Potassium Iodide be necessary in these cases too?

So, Laura said:

Laura said:
My Lugol's is 12%.

For the higher doses, it is probably more economical and efficient to take the higher mg capsules such as:

http://www.biovea.com/fr/product_detail.aspx?PID=2686&OS=244

130 mg. One or two of those and a drop or two of the Lugol's per day looks like the ticket for peeps who have serious conditions. They can go higher if it is indicated. For others, non-sickies, the 65 mg sizes can be had also. Otherwise, you are taking loads of pills and loads of drops to get up to the recommended 50 mg per day!

Seems that what is needed is both potassium iodide and potassium iodide augmented with extra iodine. The SSKI is simply a supersaturated solution of potassium iodide with no extra iodine.

I suppose that answers my question. :-[ But, I read about pulse dosing as well, so, another question is, for how long would it be recommended to take this 50-65mg dose? For six months or more every day? Or for six months or more in the pulse dosing way?

I also suppose that this will depend on symptoms and tests, and that's also why it is important to read all the info so that we can know how to monitor all this...

Chu said:

Wow thats amazing! Right I am off to print this whole thread and read it all so help me DCM. I have also ordered the book as mentioned by Gaby (The Iodine Crisis). Thank you for sharing Chu and everyone else about your experiences, I shall endeavour to do the same once I arm my self with all this knowledge and start applying it.

ashu said:
Chu said:

Wow thats amazing! Right I am off to print this whole thread and read it all so help me DCM. I have also ordered the book as mentioned by Gaby (The Iodine Crisis). Thank you for sharing Chu and everyone else about your experiences, I shall endeavour to do the same once I arm my self with all this knowledge and start applying it.

Thank you for sharing Chu and Redfox, that's great news! :D I'd also like to give a big thanks for all the information shared in this thread! I'll start as soon as all the supplements have arrived. I'm hopeful! And good luck to you ashu :)

Yas said:
But, I read about pulse dosing as well, so, another question is, for how long would it be recommended to take this 50-65mg dose? For six months or more every day? Or for six months or more in the pulse dosing way?

I also suppose that this will depend on symptoms and tests, and that's also why it is important to read all the info so that we can know how to monitor all this...

It can take awhile before iodine successfully removes the bromide and starts saturating the body. Some recommend doing high doses and then lowering after an year. But there was this testimonial of a woman who had herpes virus outbreak when she tried to lower her dose of iodine, so she decided to keep it high indefinitely. Before iodine, nothing was successful to deal with the herpes, only iodine did the job.

50mg is the minimum for daily maintenance and pulse dosing is recommended when having significant bromide detox symptoms that are not well managed with salt water and vitamin C. Skipping iodine two days per week will allow the circulating bromide to be flushed out of the body.

It will be interesting to read everyone's testimonials as we go along :)

Chu said:

That's great news, Chu! :D I am glad it's working so well for you.

FWIW I cured persistent chalazion that wouldn't respond to all sorts of treatment (over several months) with only few topical applications of Lugol's and DMSO.

RedFox said:
PERLOU said:

Unrefined Sea Salt too
http://www.amazon.fr/Danival-DANIVAL-Atlantique-raffin%C3%A9-manuellement/dp/B0028V8KQ0/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1447841746&sr=1-1&keywords=sel+marin

Sea salt is easily available in France in any supermarket - in huge bags!

Back
Top Bottom