432 Hz vs 440Hz

Hi harmonic,

Welcome to the forum. We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. You can read through the many newbie introductions to get a feel for how others have done it. Thanks. :)

The best way to share what you'd like to share with this forum and get feedback is to upload your presentation to a blog or website and post a link. We don't recommend direct contact between members of this forum for many good reasons. If you stay with us a little bit longer, you'll know those reasons in detail. Thanks for understanding. :)

Hi there, sorry for being in breach of regs!
Guess I can upload a power point to youtube and then post a link?
Not long on time at the moment, could you be more explicit about why you don't encourage direct interaction - happy to respect the rules and really just want to share what I have found.
Will be back soon with that link!
All the best

harmonic said:
Hi there, sorry for being in breach of regs!

That's OK, you didn't know :)

Guess I can upload a power point to youtube and then post a link?

Whatever suits you. Youtube is OK.

Not long on time at the moment, could you be more explicit about why you don't encourage direct interaction - happy to respect the rules and really just want to share what I have found.

Thank you for that!

In short, direct contact is discouraged due to the fact that it can easily lead to feeding and manipulation, even if unconscious. What is in open, is in open and others, especially long time members, can notice a wrong dynamic when such occurs because they understand what the forum is about and what issues can arise from private communication.

For more details, see this thread.

Good luck with uploading your presentation! :)

Though this topic is now nearly a month old, I am very interested in the subject itself but am unable to do any direct research as I don't have the proper equipment. If I did research this subject, as to which frequency is "best" for the A note, I would research it in terms of cymatics. You know that video on youtube where cornstarch is placed on a plate which is then vibrated at increasing frequencies, and the vibration creates patterns which evolve? I would tune the sound that the plate is vibrating at to 440 and see what I get, and then fiddle around with the frequency knob like you would try to find a radio station, until the pattern looked the clearest.

harmonic: I am very interested in the research you are doing and I mainly wanted to post here to encourage you to continue. I have recently decided to change my college major to Music Composition so you can see I find this very interesting and important to my focus. That said, thanks for all the ongoing research done by all members posting in this topic! I only wish I could contribute something substantial to the discussion.

Hi Raddmiral,

Welcome to the forum. We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. You can read through the many newbie introductions to get a feel for how others have done it. Thanks. :)

Hi Raddmiral, and welcome to the forum :)

Raddmiral said:
Though this topic is now nearly a month old, I am very interested in the subject itself but am unable to do any direct research as I don't have the proper equipment. If I did research this subject, as to which frequency is "best" for the A note, I would research it in terms of cymatics. You know that video on youtube where cornstarch is placed on a plate which is then vibrated at increasing frequencies, and the vibration creates patterns which evolve? I would tune the sound that the plate is vibrating at to 440 and see what I get, and then fiddle around with the frequency knob like you would try to find a radio station, until the pattern looked the clearest.

I'm somewhat familiar with Cymatics (In other words, I have the book Cymatics by Hans Jenny with a lot of pretty pictures of geometric shapes in it). I was under the impression that the resonating pattern had to do with a combination of the vibrating medium itself and a specific frequency. In other words, a plate of cornstarch might show a strong pattern at a certain frequency, but a round flask of water with dye might show a strong pattern at a different frequency. So I'm not sure if the clarity of the pattern would tell us a lot about which frequency is "better".

The Cymatics material is interesting, however. It seems like these vibrational patterns hold some secrets that science has yet to touch upon, but I just don't see a practical use for it at the moment. That could some day change though.

ADDED: There's a good post describing what Cymatics is here for those who don't know: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=11621.msg88264#msg88264

Hello everybody!

I have found interesting information about sound frequencies. Some of this info were written here but you can find in this link some more.

_http://www.relfe.com/bible_codes.html
_http://www.relfe.com/solfeggio.html
_http://www.quantumbalancing.com/waterbalance.htm

I wonder If we are all on the good trace with frequency.... ? I suppose that we are, because everything around us is frequency...

Have a nice day everybody!

light worker

as far, as i know, the frequency of a earth year, octaved up is a cis at 136,1 Hz, corresponding to a = 432,1 Hz.
this is the tone sa in indian music.
the nearest to a=440 Hz is the frequency of uranus with a at 439,37 Hz.
a nice table of this tones you find here: http://www.planetware.de/octave/table.html
there is also a german wikipedia page, but no english version.
if it repeats things, others told before, i am sorry.
i didn't read the hole thing, just galloped over it.

audio and video files in 432 ghz

I am curios to know if there would be a market for creating movies,and music this way,as i can do this. I am just trying to find something to make any kind of income,whifh would also enable me to put forth a percentage to the cass site. I am asking.

Re: audio and video files in 432 ghz

Are you sure you got this right?
432 GHz or MHz, KHz, or Hz? ;)

PS: there was already a thread on Music 432Hz subject:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,16976.0.html

Re: audio and video files in 432 ghz

Thanks. No, i didn't have it right. Think you know what i mean. I am just trying to see if there is a market for this at all.

K, well that answers my question. In case. Anyone is interested, there are a number of programs that will do this conversion.

Yes,definately. I am going to find the best free one out there,and as soon as i do i will posr it here. The one i have is expensive,but i know there are free ones.

Back
Top Bottom