432 Hz vs 440Hz

:D LOVE this thread.

I'm a musician, and I've been experimenting a lot with this tuning. What originally sparked my interest was "The Mozart Effect". I was curious to see what results I may find, if comparing the historical frequency tunings, and determined that in Mozart's Age, there was a standard universal instrument tuning of A 448. Later, I found the esoteric value of A432, and begin experimenting with both, to see what various effects it had on the psyche. What I have personally experienced is that A432hz in music tends to give a certain feeling of oneness and connectedness, and A448hz seems to give a heightened sense awareness. A440, in some respects I feel has it's place, when conveying a particular emotion, but it's not the most uplifting tuning. sometimes it feels a bit, "muddling".

Here is a historical list of tuning, and who was responsible for adopting it as a universal standard in which manufacturers and instrument tuners to use:

Source: http://www.piano-tuners.org/history/pitch.html

1640 Vienna Franciscan Organ A457.6
1699 Paris Opera A404
1711 John Shore's tuning fork, a pitch of A423.5 He invented the tuning fork, one of which still exists today.
1780 Stines, for Mozart, A421
1780 Organ builder Schulz A421.3
1714 Strasbourg Cathedral organ A391
1722 Dresden's chief Roman Catholic church organ A415
1759 Trinity College Cambridge organ A309
1762 Stringed instruments at Hamburg A405
1772 Gottfried Silbermann built the organ in the main Roman Catholic church in Dresden, and it had a pitch of A 415 at the time.
1780 Organ builder Schulz A421.3
1780 Stein's tuning fork A422.6
1751 Handel's own fork A422.5
1800 Broadwood's C fork, 505.7, which is about half a semitone lower than that of today
1811 Paris Grand Opera A 427
1812 Paris Conservatoire A440, as modern pitch
1813 George Smart adopted for the Philharmonic Society the pitch of A423.3.
1820 Westminster Abbey organ and possibly Paris Comic Opera used a pitch of A422.5.
1828 Philharmonic Society A 440
1834 Vienna Opera A 436.5
1835 Wolfels piano maker A443
1836 Pleyel's Pianos A446
1846 Philharmonic pitch was A452.5 (very high) which lasted till 1854
1846 Mr Hipkins piano tuner (Meantone) A433.5 (Equal) A436.0
1849 Broadwood's medium pitch was A445.9 which lasted till 1854
1858 New Philharmonic pitch C522
1860 Cramer's piano makers of London A448.4
1862 Dresden Opera A 440
1871 Covent Garden Opera House A 440
1877 Collard's piano maker standard pitch was A 449.9
1877 St. Paul Cathedral organ A446.6
1877 Chappell Pianos A455.9
1877 Mr Hipkins piano tuner A448.8
1878 Her Majesty's Organ A436.1
1878 Vienna Opera A447
1879 Covent Garden Opera A450
1879 Erard's factory fork 455.3
1879 Steinway of England A 454.
1879 British Army regulation pitch for woodwinds A451.9
1880 Brinsmead, Broadwood, and Erard apparently used a pitch of A455.3
1880 Steinway may have been using a pitch of A436. According to Steinway of New York, 1880 is right around the time they switched from three piece rims to the continuous rim that is used today. So it is unlikely the pitch was any higher before 1880, yet Steinway of London had a fork A454.7.
1885 In Vienna a pitch of A435.4 was adopted at a temperature of 59 degrees Fahrenheit for A.
1885 At an international exhibition of inventions and music in London a pitch of A452 was adopted.
1896 Philharmonic pitch A439, giving C522
1925 On the 11th of June the American music industry adopted A440.
1936 American Standards Association adopted A440. yet; New York Philharmonic and the Boston Symphony Orchestra, use 442 Hz
1939 At an international conference A440 was adopted.

As you can see, it has been a very long time since A432, however it appears in many ancient cultures. Egypt is one that stands out of course... Buddhist Temples, Mountain Temples.

Another interesting thing to note, to add to all this fascinating stuff, is that when I ran A432 through visualization software, Sacred Geometry shapes appeared at many resonant intervals, very dramatically. I would love to see what music does with a Cymatic Analyzer at this tuning.

Shortly after learning this, I decided to cover "Kashmir" by Led Zepplin, and without thinking tuned my stuff to A432. I came to find out later through someone else: "Oh did you know they had to specially tune their guitars before performing that song every time?" :halo:

If you are a musician, who uses professional audio equipment, -32 cents is A440 - 8hz = A432. +32 cents is A440 + 8hz = A448. They great part is, it's still the A note, so you don't lose musical integrity and cause horrible dissonance. The resonance is quite enjoyable.

Also....

1885 In Vienna a pitch of A435.4 was adopted at a temperature of 59 degrees Fahrenheit for A.

What?

procyan said:
:D LOVE this thread.

Another interesting thing to note, to add to all this fascinating stuff, is that when I ran A432 through visualization software, Sacred Geometry shapes appeared at many resonant intervals, very dramatically. I would love to see what music does with a Cymatic Analyzer at this tuning.

Shortly after learning this, I decided to cover "Kashmir" by Led Zepplin, and without thinking tuned my stuff to A432. I came to find out later through someone else: "Oh did you know they had to specially tune their guitars before performing that song every time?" :halo:

If you are a musician, who uses professional audio equipment, -32 cents is A440 - 8hz = A432. +32 cents is A440 + 8hz = A448. They great part is, it's still the A note, so you don't lose musical integrity and cause horrible dissonance. The resonance is quite enjoyable.

Can you post some of these Geometry shapes? I am not much for all the electronic gadgets.

I would be truly interested in seeing them. For some strange reason, this may be what I was looking for when I started this thread. If the notes create shapes, then this may be a way to protect people from being fed off of or even help stand steadfast in the face of terror.

Can you post some of these Geometry shapes? I am not much for all the electronic gadgets.

I would be truly interested in seeing them. For some strange reason, this may be what I was looking for when I started this thread. If the notes create shapes, then this may be a way to protect people from being fed off of or even help stand steadfast in the face of terror.

Your emotions serve you well. i too have been thinking about that for some strange reason. I even created a so.g, called "feast diapsida", in the hopes theyd feed off its dissonent qualitys and leave me alone. Three days later i was in the hospital having my appendix removed (this past monday) i hope thats purely coincedental. lol. But the important thing that the transcripts tell us is that the only defense we need is knowledge and awareness. Given that, i think we need not find alternate ways to feed them, just be aware, and keep your distance. otherwise it may just attract negative attention.

Back to the shapes. i do think that certain tunings can "wake" people up, and heighten vibrations. Buddhist chants? I reccommend doing a search for Cymatics, or on youtube for DIY cymatics. Pretty sure theres entire threads on it here, but i havent gotten around to reading them myself. but all sound carries sacred geometry shapes at certain tones. and you can build low tech cymatic.devices with ease.

The other day I was working out on my T-Zone vibration machine doing breathing exercises. I had an idea to try vocalizing tones on the exhale. I started at the high end and exhaled changing the tone to lower notes. When I got to the lower notes, much like a Tibetan horn sound, It seemed like things started to shift around in my body.

This was a great session of experimentation. The different notes seemed to activate different areas in my body akin to chakra locations. I was strangely empowered and each new tone brought a new wave of sensations flowing through my body. The next few days had me coughing up a lot of mucous to a point where I became fairly clear with my breathing.(I have had what Dr's call Asthma, since my youth. I call it "them".)

It seemed easy to activate areas by just altering the tone till it resonated with my body, it was like tuning a Guitar only using my vocal chords as the strings. Once I had the tone resonating with my body, there came a flood of energy which seemed to raise me up to the stature of a Giant.

I was fairly awestruck by this empowerment. So much so that it kind of scared me. Kind of like some hidden power center was activated and my secret was out in the open. I have been a bit nervous to do this again. Not because it was a bad experience but rather that so much happened that I was not sure about and I felt exposed.

The bottom line is the results, which were positive.

Hello!

Win 32, can you explain what your T-zone vibration machine can do?

I wonder can we (pepole) produce some good frequency with producing vocal "A" in part of Eiriu Eolas when we should making sound "haaaa". This kind of breathing is used in AI-KI-DO breathing. Vocals A, E, I, O and U can be used.

When you sad that you have feeling in your body, I immediately start to write , because I have very good feeling when I producing sound A, in moment when I need to say "Haaaa". I feel really good in these moment. I let this sound to go out of my body, this "Aaaa" is free and loud.

I wonder what frequency is producing human body in these moment?

Have a nice day!

Light worker

It is a platform you stand on and it rocks side to side. You can change the speed of the rocking motion.
It can be used to drain lymph nodes at higher speeds and your body feels very heavy.
Ten minutes on this is equivalent to an hour walk.

I have used it to re-train the muscles in my right side, after a stroke in 2005 which left my right side paralyzed. Between this machine, the KD diet and sheer willpower/determination my right side is recovering from the stroke to where there is now feeling even in my right foot. It was without feeling for much of the past 7 years. I added the machine in 2009, which seemed to work quite well.

I agree with the good feeling at certain notes.
It seems the Do Re MI Fa So La Ti Do activate different areas, from my gut area right up to my brain.
There is a definite change felt, versus just standing on the machine.
It seems to work best on the exhale, where you make the note.

Hi. Justice wondering. If an acoustic piano could be tuned to the 432hz....would it change the so called western music's sound and feel? Would it still be the same ...only better?

Check out _http://www.pentagonalskies.com. It's a full-length rock opera recorded completely with A=432Hz tuning. You can listen to and read along with the entire production online (free of charge). Definitely worth the time!

Aloha to all

In all my research I have never come across this:

1) How do we know what frequencies were used when we have no recordings of them?

Answer.
A) Solfeggio frequencies was reportedly decoded from the Bible by Christian Minister Joseph Puleo under a vision of Jesus. ..oook...
B) Verdi et al's pitch could only have been assumed from resonant harmonic comparisons of existing instruments in his orchestra. Same for Stradivarius violins, Egyptian instruments and the like. Did people actually do this?

My answer.
We have no idea. Before the invention of the tuning fork 1711 musicians tuned to what they liked. Before the invention of digital tuning, musicians tuned by ear to tuning forks or not. Before I got an A440 fork, I tuned by ear to "sweetness" and it was always less than A440. I attribute this to being brought up immersed daily by Mozart and Beethovan, dad's favs.

The case is strong that C256 is a natural pitch because it it derived from nature which grows by doubling. Called Law of Octaves by Phythagoras, there is only one other Law: 3/2 gives a perfect Fifth Harmonic, the strongest most persistent resonance other than an octave.

*Occam would say the simplest explanation THAT FITS THE DATA is more likely to be correct than a more complex one.

I created a perfect Fifth using 128 Hz L channel and 192 R channel ( low octave C and G ) and OMed to it. It was very very interesting. If anyone is into trying this I will send you the MP3 or you can make it easily on Audacity.

comments?

Check this out.

www.1911encyclopedia.org/Musical_Pitch

I think its interesting to consider data from before info control was as efficient.

Hi to all,
Here's a tutorial and the link to download Audacity in order to convert your 440Hz mp3 to 432 :
http_://truthconduit.weebly.com/convert-music-to-432-hz.html

Cheers

I have been following this tread as it meanders along. Mostly because I would like to know a lot more than I do now about music theory and harmonics as understood anciently.

Here is an interesting site talking about harmonics which I came across recently though it was probably created about 1995.
_http://ray.tomes.biz/index.htm
I think he started from an interest in Pythagorean music theory and kept going from there.

On this page: _http://ray.tomes.biz/alex.htm he mentions his conclusion that
Based on Indian music, the Earth's natural resonance, a study of the rhythm speed for great composers and other evidence, I believe that 450Hz is the true and correct A. It is in harmony with the Earth...

BTW. Elsewhere on the site he presents a critique of the "Big Bang" theory which might help explain a comment I noticed recently in the Cassiopaean transcripts to the effect that a cosmic ray source was closer than admitted by the current cosmology. He states "The only theory that fits the known facts is a variable particle mass theory". I don't know if this has been mentioned here already?

kaialoha said:
Check this out.

www.1911encyclopedia.org/Musical_Pitch

I think its interesting to consider data from before info control was as efficient.
kaialoha how long ago did you open this link up and see it work?

Hi Era of Love,
Welcome to the forum. We recommend new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. You can take a look at that board to see how others have done it.

Back
Top Bottom