Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Thanks for all your well wishes. My shoulder is feeling dramatically better today, but the rest of me feels like I was run over by a truck. My backside is very bruised and battered and my neck is quite sore. My arm/shoulder has to stay in a sling for a couple of weeks, and I have to take things slowly, but I already feel on the mend. I've upped all of my supplements and am using cold compresses and magnesium oil for the swelling.

My main purpose in telling this story was to provide feedback on the effectiveness of the breathing exercises, and to prompt others to remember them when they find themselves in any situation involving physical pain. It really is amazing how well it focuses you in the "now"....

I'm glad your shoulder is better Pepperfritz. Have you thought about getting some arnica gel for the bruising and soreness? You should be able to find it at most healthfood stores. One of my daughters turned her ankle badly a couple months ago. She took some homeopathics for bruising and practically bathed in the gel. Three days later she was walking normally with no pain at all. Very important to her as she is a server in a busy resturant.

I've been practicing the basic breathing for a couple of weeks now. Today I had an eye exam where blood pressure was taken. Four months ago it was 124/80. Today was 104/68! :cool:

Herondancer

Note to self.... do not have Windows Media on repeat and wonder why 12 repetitions is seeming like 36. :)

I've just done it with the audio recording and it went for a rather long time.

PepperFritz said:
My main purpose in telling this story was to provide feedback on the effectiveness of the breathing exercises, and to prompt others to remember them when they find themselves in any situation involving physical pain. It really is amazing how well it focuses you in the "now"....

This is an amazing testimonial to the power of the breathing exercise. I'm sorry to hear what you had to go through and I'm glad to hear your shoulder was reset without drugs. Heal fast!
Thanks for sharing this, PepperFritz.

Johnno said:
Note to self.... do not have Windows Media on repeat and wonder why 12 repetitions is seeming like 36. :)

LOL! How close were you to levitating??? :guru:

You could burn the track 12 times on a cd. I've been using one while doing the sauna. Definately adds to the experience!

Herondancer

Just want to announce that the video is done and available here from the same page:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/Eiriu-Eolas/

Please note! This is NOT a "meditation" video! It is instructional. You will see how to use pipe breathing in the "three stage breathing" otherwise known as pranayama and also what is called "bhastrika" but we call it "warrior's breath." This latter is NOT done with pipe breath! I think I'm pretty clear in narrating what you will be viewing, but if not, ask away right here.

As soon as we can get it uploaded, you will have the whole guided process on audio. That will be 1) 3 Stage breathing with pipe breath; 2) Warrior's breath; 3) the round breathing/bioenergetic breathing/Beatha; 4) guided meditation.

Feedback is always welcome!

Thank you, Laura.

I just watched and exercised the video for the 1st time.
It is about 7:15 am in California. For some reason I waked much earlier this morning and found this new video!
'Warrior's breath' made my brain really awake!! :)

herondancer said:
Johnno said:

LOL! How close were you to levitating??? :guru:

Not far off it! At the introduction, Laura says, "Breath In" which threw out the timing a couple of times. The mind caught up on about the third instance and I opened my eyes to see the slider at the start. :-[

You could burn the track 12 times on a cd. I've been using one while doing the sauna. Definately adds to the experience!

Herondancer

I'll dust off the i-pod and try this.

I have been told that the meditation audio is now uploaded. Again, it can be linked to from here:

I was actually thinking that tonight might be a good night for some of you to begin the practice - after all, it is the Cs' 15 year anniversary. We are planning an anniversary session, so it just might be interesting to be "connecting" all over the world.

I also understand that a major storm is coming soon... so we may be doing the session by candlelight with a batter powered recorder!

It should be interesting.

Great to see the newest audio has been uploaded. That was quick! I'll be listening to it after work, which I hope will not be too late to coincide with your anniversary session.

Pinkerton said:
Great to see the newest audio has been uploaded. That was quick! I'll be listening to it after work, which I hope will not be too late to coincide with your anniversary session.

Same thing for me and same remark. But anyway as the time is an illusion, it should be ok. ;D

Laura said:
Just want to announce that the video is done and available here from the same page:

Thank you very much for the video as well the audio. Y'all did an excellent job and put a great deal of energy into this project. My congratulations to the crew! :clap: :thup:

Since I have a hearing loss, it'd be difficult for me to hear or understand the audio without a transcript. The voice is a bit in the background while the music is a bit louder (at least to me). But, watching the movement/gestures of the ladies doing the exercises helps a good deal of how to do it (after watching them while doing them myself at the same time). I can hear Laura's voice and I can understand a bit but cannot make out the exact word for word. I don't know if it's possible for one to transcript the audio part of the video (so I can memorize it then excerise).

Laura said:
I have been told that the meditation audio is now uploaded. Again, it can be linked to from here:

I was actually thinking that tonight might be a good night for some of you to begin the practice - after all, it is the Cs' 15 year anniversary. We are planning an anniversary session, so it just might be interesting to be "connecting" all over the world.

I also understand that a major storm is coming soon... so we may be doing the session by candlelight with a batter powered recorder!

It should be interesting.

I'll listen to it tonight, around 11pm/midnight French time.

Back
Top Bottom