Food Allergy Blood Tests and results

luc said:
Yes, Wanderer or not, I think it is interesting that certain people seem to literally thrive on evil food - I find it baffling sometimes to see people looking totally happy, energetic and "into it" while eating the worst possible diet! Often, I think these are the people who are very well-adapted to our crazy world, and who possibly get their energy by feeding from others - the "predator's mind" is all they have or know, so the evil food suits them. Osit.

Well, I'm reminded of the silent damage that cow's milk does to the arteries. You may have not a single symptom, and then one day, one of those pieces of plaque breaks off, and boom, you are gonzerooni. Or, the arteries in your neck close up and you die from a stroke - lack of blood to the brain. And I've seen that in people who ate junk and never had a single symptom all their lives. Therefore, I don't think that one can exactly say that such people are feeding on others or that evil food suits them because they are evil or whatever. Rather, the diet situation may reflect the psychological/emotional: they may be completely repressed (as you note in remarking on adjustment to this crazy world), but being killed by their diet nonetheless.

On the other hand, I rather agree that a lot of situations may be exactly as you describe above. It's just not so easy to generalize. That's one thing we are learning, for sure, and I think it has some deep, spiritual implications.

luc said:
Also, this thread reminded me of Gurdjieff's exoteric and mesoteric circles:

G. said:
"The third circle is called the 'exoteric,' that is, the outer, because it is the outer circle of the inner part of humanity. The people who belong to this circle possess much of that which belongs to people of the esoteric and mesoteric circles but their cosmic knowledge is of a more philosophical character, that is to say, it is more abstract than the knowledge of the mesoteric circle. A member of the mesoteric circle calculates, a member of the exoteric circle contemplates. Their understanding may not be expressed in actions. But there cannot be differences in understanding between them. What one understands all the others understand.

I seems that you guys are pushing into the mesoteric circle, where it may become possible to "calculate" our optimal diet, instead of "contemplating" about the predator's mind and so on, which I just did :)

Anyway, me too I'm a little overwhelmed by all the diet/health research, I'm still lacking a lot of knowledge in that area. So, I guess I will have to put some effort into it, little by little, to learn more and to be better able to contribute.

FWIW

The above comments seem to be very insightful to me.

luc said:
Also, this thread reminded me of Gurdjieff's exoteric and mesoteric circles:

G. said:
"The third circle is called the 'exoteric,' that is, the outer, because it is the outer circle of the inner part of humanity. The people who belong to this circle possess much of that which belongs to people of the esoteric and mesoteric circles but their cosmic knowledge is of a more philosophical character, that is to say, it is more abstract than the knowledge of the mesoteric circle. A member of the mesoteric circle calculates, a member of the exoteric circle contemplates. Their understanding may not be expressed in actions. But there cannot be differences in understanding between them. What one understands all the others understand.

I seems that you guys are pushing into the mesoteric circle, where it may become possible to "calculate" our optimal diet, instead of "contemplating" about the predator's mind and so on, which I just did :)

Anyway, me too I'm a little overwhelmed by all the diet/health research, I'm still lacking a lot of knowledge in that area. So, I guess I will have to put some effort into it, little by little, to learn more and to be better able to contribute.

Overwhelmed by the copious amounts of non-stop information shared on THIS forum? NOOOOO!!!! :lol2:

At times, I wonder if the forum will have so much information, it will become sentient or something. Or maybe it's "gravity" will increase and change the orbit of the Earth...

Anyway, sometimes it's hard to distill things down, especially when we're constantly discovering new info!

And along those lines, I think it's also important to remember that dietary stuff will change, because there is a lot of stuff changing in the world/reality these days - including us! Change seems to be the name of the game. We just have to make sure it's a good change...

Next stop:

Session 97-09-19:

Q: What do the Orions eat?

A: Crystalline tablets, which are aspirated through oral demolecularization.

Q: Are these crystalline tablets like rocks, like our idea of crystals?

A: Picture a sparkling polished oval bead.

Q: What is the chemical composition?

A: Quartz at the 3rd power compared to Terran samples.

Bah! Who needs eggs?

"I made some sparkling polished oval 3rd power quartz beads for dinner. Would you like to orally demolecularize one?"

Laura said:
Well, I'm reminded of the silent damage that cow's milk does to the arteries. You may have not a single symptom, and then one day, one of those pieces of plaque breaks off, and boom, you are gonzerooni. Or, the arteries in your neck close up and you die from a stroke - lack of blood to the brain. And I've seen that in people who ate junk and never had a single symptom all their lives. Therefore, I don't think that one can exactly say that such people are feeding on others or that evil food suits them because they are evil or whatever. Rather, the diet situation may reflect the psychological/emotional: they may be completely repressed (as you note in remarking on adjustment to this crazy world), but being killed by their diet nonetheless.

Thanks for clarifying that Laura, I certainly didn't want to say that we can judge people solely based on their diets and their reactions to it. I had some specific situations in mind that I experienced, where I observed an air of "energy sucking/feeding" in people I met briefly which kind of went together with them eating a very unhealthy diet, drinking a lot of beer and so on, while still seeming so genuinely happy, energetic and "full of themselves". BUT, I also met many great people who eat crappy diets and seem to "be okay" with it (for the time being!), and vice-versa. Plus, of course, our own programs can screw our assessment of such things big time... Add the fact that individual people seem to be so different with their dietary needs and I think it becomes clear that putting labels on people like that would be very dangerous.

Then again, it seems there is something to the idea that some people seem to be "naturally well-adapted" to our crazy world, while others are rather "deformed" by living on this planet, and that food plays a role here. It's difficult to recognize which is which, and indeed it's a dangerous exercise, but there were a couple of situations where I must admit that I felt I was quite sure with what I was dealing with. But while I occasionally think in these terms, I would never allow myself to put a definitive label on anyone just based on a few observations.

Scottie said:
Overwhelmed by the copious amounts of non-stop information shared on THIS forum? NOOOOO!!!! :lol2:

At times, I wonder if the forum will have so much information, it will become sentient or something. Or maybe it's "gravity" will increase and change the orbit of the Earth...

LOL Scottie, a Skynet of the good guys! Who knows, maybe this forum already has a secret base somewhere, building drones and stuff to chase Jihadis and psychos :lol:

If we consider food as an energy pattern, then Kinesiologist Jane Thurnell-Read has an interesting theory.

It's perhaps simplistic but that's the way it's tested in some kinesiologies, usually with good results. It's of course a departure from conventional medicine but perhaps we can see these allergies/intolerances, etc. as an energy mismatch?

You would then have:

1. something beneficial is miscategorized as harmful
2. something harmful is miscategorized as beneficial
3. something is uncategorised

This would at least in part explain why someone tests negative for something they have never eaten in their lives or why things like gluten don't show up in results.

Lots of things could influence the mismatch. Lifestyle comes to mind, but also stress, illness, a particular food (to give an example: I used to react to just about every food I ate for two days following after eating tomatoes - without the tomato-trigger, these foods were totally fine - the weirdest was that I apparently did not have any reaction from the tomatoes themselves - so for I believed I was allergic to all these foods but I wasn't).

We're talking about food here but of course, this energy mismatch can be about any substance the body comes in contact with. Even the body's own biochemicals. When you have such a mismatch for a biochemical, the body will get rid of it by excreting it. Or a metabolic byproduct might get stored instead of excreted. The body could see a harmful bacteria as a friend and not do anything to get rid of it, etc.

I appreciate the last jokes here on the thread :)

I was starting to get bogged down.

I had the IgG done about 5 years ago, it was a godsend as a guideline & starting point for me.

Some misc thoughts from notes I took while reading this thread.

I'm much better now & if you do get retested, the results should be different - stands to reason, because you ARE healthier.

I had a lot of childhood favorites as triggers on my list too. That's from two ways of getting sensitized to it, mono-diet (meant faciciously) & stress (immunity failure).

Also, if you ate something obsessively prior to the test (w me it was chicken, 2-3 times a day for weeks when I first started eating meat) it will show up as an extreme intolerance due to leaky gut. They tell you that up front, that it's "a which came first the chicken or the egg" - pretty much any food to an excess will cause a problem (like people getting sensitized to brown rice after doing an elimination diet).

Regarding the concept of reacting to the molds & fungi on the food item, I think that's a good thing & does not diminish the test results. I don't soak my food in bleach prior to eating it (toxic idea anyway). And some items, like shellfish, you're reacting to the chemical sanitizer slurry that they get doused in on ship deck. Many anecdotal stories about eating it fresh caught with the person having no typical reaction (when you are aware of your sensitivity). When I got my test done, the representative was insistent that organic vs conventional did not matter. I don't know if I buy that, due to the above mentioned mold fungus concept from the prior poster, logic would reason otherwise.

In daily life, food sensitivities are dose & combination dependent - that's what makes is soooooo complicated to identify. For example, I would get a 12 hr delayed reaction from just a spoonful of artificially colored ice cream (I was at a kid party & wanted just a taste). Back in the day, my typical reaction was 12 hours of vomiting with a hard core migraine. I haven't had one in a few years now though, woo hoo!! :)

Due to being a vegetarian for 20 years and practically having a potato mono-diet, I was completely sensitized to them. Even a small serving of instant potatoes would give me hours of insomnia with a racing mind and compulsive tossing & turning. I never knew what real sleep was.

After avoiding them entirely for about 2 years, & only having a few courtesy bite at meals in other homes after that period, I can moderately eat it now without that reaction. (Not that I'm advocating that - it's for emotion reasons that I have a few bites here & there, social comradery, in addition to testing my physical reactions with a curious view. They're a poor food choice, my intention is not to say that it's ok to eat, even though I do not have a reaction.)

Regarding what a poster wrote about the beef & green bean diet - reminded me of a book that was very helpful on this path part of my healing path: Achieving Victory Over a Toxic World by Mark Schauss. His young daughter would have seizures from green beans!!! That story breaks my heart & helps me keep it all in perspective!

The book is 8 years old & he recommended the IgG blood test/LEAP from Signet Labs (nowleap(dot)com). It's the test I took for $500, you do not have to go through a primary doctor to get the work done (they have one on staff that gives you the slip to take to your local blood lab).

When I was working full time at a desk job, I was able to monitor my inner reactions very clearly. Now I homeschool & I don't have that reliable routine & down time for self reflection & body awareness. So yeah, back then, it was simpler to keep track of reactions - as my gut healed, my "reactions" were more of an emotional nature, like anger from no where.

I may get the test for my 8 yr old son, he doesn't have a realistic capacity for this type of internal awareness yet. It's something that we work on & something I monitor for him. But I think we're at the point where I need outside help with his series of mystery symptoms. We have very few Functional Medicine docs in town, and none of them are ever accepting new patients, which is very frustrating.

I hate to admit, that it almost feels like defeat to have to go to a doctor.

I can do endless tinkering with pill taking and diet adjustments for myself, but to do that with a young person is such a source of daily contention and strain (plus my husband was run over by a car nearly a year ago & we're finally gaining some sense of normalcy - but tinkering on all levels had to go to the wayside just to make room for life with a wheelchair. He's relatively well now, BTW :) ). Prior to the accident, I was giving my son 3 daily doses of poor tasting Chinese herbs for his baldness, in addition to a daily routine of many rounds of NAET accupressure for allergies. A bloodly part time job, even in the best of times, even from a highly motivated caregiver.

So I think the obvious next step would be this food intollerence guidance & heavy metal screening, but the non-doctor route (which unfortunately eliminates the Cyrex Labs path).

Last thing I wanted to mention, since eggs keep coming up in posts, is that historically I've been a die-hard egg lover, but since I began taking large doses of iodine, I haven't touched one. Still feels like the strangest thing in the world to me to not crave them, but I trust my body, I simply do not gravitate to them when I stop to think about options (instead of being in auto-pilot).

BTW taking iodine has been the number one best thing I've ever done for my well being! :) A life changer for sure!!! Sending a huge surge of gratitude for that round of information from everyone!!! :)

Mrs. Tigersoap said:
If we consider food as an energy pattern, then Kinesiologist Jane Thurnell-Read has an interesting theory.

It's perhaps simplistic but that's the way it's tested in some kinesiologies, usually with good results. It's of course a departure from conventional medicine but perhaps we can see these allergies/intolerances, etc. as an energy mismatch?

You would then have:

This would at least in part explain why someone tests negative for something they have never eaten in their lives or why things like gluten don't show up in results.

Lots of things could influence the mismatch. Lifestyle comes to mind, but also stress, illness, a particular food (to give an example: I used to react to just about every food I ate for two days following after eating tomatoes - without the tomato-trigger, these foods were totally fine - the weirdest was that I apparently did not have any reaction from the tomatoes themselves - so for I believed I was allergic to all these foods but I wasn't).

We're talking about food here but of course, this energy mismatch can be about any substance the body comes in contact with. Even the body's own biochemicals. When you have such a mismatch for a biochemical, the body will get rid of it by excreting it. Or a metabolic byproduct might get stored instead of excreted. The body could see a harmful bacteria as a friend and not do anything to get rid of it, etc.

Your tomato story, how insightful & useful, thank you!!!

The energetic mis-match reminds me of NAET (Natural Allergy Elimination Technique, based on acupuncture) that I just mentioned.

When my husband was injured, I turned to weekly sessions of acupuncture to get out of this oppression of overwhelm. Worked like a charm by the way! We have two sliding scale clinics in town now, so I could afford to go regularly.

But the point of my story, is that early on it dawned on me that NAET was developed accidentally by the founder passing out during a balancing acupuncture treatment with a piece of food on her body that she reacted to. The result was correcting the energetic mis-match and the allergy was resolved.

So what i started to do was to tape a wad of an individual item from my own list of allergens hidden on my skin (my list was from my friend's quantum computer testing, who is also the NAET practitioner). I have no definitive way of gauging if I had direct results from that part of my acupuncture sessions, aside from one magnificent one - iodine!!!

A few years back, I had done heavy doses of iodine but with NO results. Now it works with resounding splendor :)

I know all of the complementary medicines have hit or miss results, NAET included, I'm not here to proselytize (other than about iodine ;) ).

I used to reject these therapies automatically due to possible placebo results. I'm not the same person now, and am thrilled to use any therapy for it's strength and ignore it's weaknesses (for example, acupuncture didn't do diddle for any physical symptoms for me).

Any improvement in my quality of life, including subjective, is a blissed out moment of insight for me :) it's been a long hard journey... thus all this silly enthusiasm. :)

Mrs. Tigersoap said:

You would then have:

I was thinking about this the other day. I think what you are saying makes a lot of sense.

I dont have any experience with human allergies testing but few years back I have come to empirical conclusion that allergy testing in veterinary medicine is completely useless money making scam. I have witnessed too many weird results that didn't make any sense. Why would any dog be allergic to almost all meats and not to gluten or peanuts, or sunflower oil?!

I thought I was isolated in this way of thinking but it seems this is not the case:
"Many vet dermatologists view them as ‘absolutely useless’, resulting in false negatives and false positives, and elimination diet remains the gold standard for food allergy diagnosis."

I spent some time today compiling the results of all the people who took the same batch test in France. I haven't included other forum members' separate results because of the lack of data uniformity (which would get really complicated really quickly), but for the people who took the same test it's straightforward enough to put together. There were several foods I was unfamiliar with -- I tried to get them in the right categories, but it's possible some items would be better placed elsewhere.

I've attached the spreadsheet -- I organized according to number of allergic reactions, and color-coded the degrees of severity in the following way:

4 = red
3 = orange
2 = yellow
1 = green

When you download this, you should be able to manipulate the data however you'd like. I included a row for blood type (only Windmill Knight has mentioned his so far, I think) in case anyone wants to fill in that category and play around with it. Another category to consider might be place of origin -- for example, I noticed that the two Latin American members are (according to this test) both more dairy tolerant than most of the others, but this is true for a couple of the European members as well.

I'm not going to try to analyze the results too much at this point, because (1) I don't know nearly enough about it and (2) several people so far have posted various things that could be confounding factors. A couple of things stand out though if you take this at face value:

• As has already been observed, eggs are really the worst category
  • Alana is definitely the most dairy-sensitive
  • Laura has the biggest across-the-board intolerance to seafood
  • Andromeda, and particularly Timotheos (with Scottie following) are particularly sensitive to plant-based foods

So basically take this with a big FWIW, but I hope it's helpful for further exploration.

Attachments

• Allergy tests.xlsx
    81.7 KB · Views: 29
Some great replies in the past few days, this is very interesting.

stellar said:
Oh, WOW.
I think I'm just about done with the whole diet thing. Testing, changing, swapping, replacing.....
I'm just gonna stick to paleo (dairy, wheat/grain free) cos this is just taking too much of my limited time and money. Iodine and regular fasting and detoxing is going to have to do for me for some time.

That was my reaction at first also! But thinking about it more, this is actually a good thing because it provides more info to work from. The way I see it, a lot of the high scoring foods on the lists posted are very common allergens, so if I was being serious about this diet thing I should have already elimination-tested them. Well, I haven't, but now this is a reminder to do so.

The one thing I find a bit worrying is the question: Ok, so if I cut out the food I react to and start eating more of other food, will I then start reacting to the new food? Hundreds or even thousands of pounds spent on supplements over the years, and I still have leaky gut?

The way I'm thinking is either 1) There are still some pieces of the health puzzle we are missing (or one big one).

Or 2) It is actually meant to be a life-long struggle, and the goal of optimal health is only an ideal which we can strive for, in the same way that fully cleaning our machines or becoming a full 'personality' in Dabrowski's terms are also ideals.

This is the most unbelievable puzzle . Eggs are such a surprise for me. :shock:
According to the tests its worst food to eat. And i`m egg lover.I eat minimum 4-5 eggs per day.They are regular eggs from supermarket. And i have a chance to try real organic eggs from local farmers and they are totally different, but they are 3-4 times more expensive. Once i bought a eggs in supermarket and when i boiled them they have a taste like eating a melted plastic.
My point is that maybe eggs that you are consuming have something in them that makes your body to react to them. Maybe chickens are feed with something that is not suppose to. Maybe the ground/ the soil is toxic.
Maybe the connections between this food intolerance and HM are that one of the main sources for ingesting HM are the eggs. Chickens ingest food/ chemicals reach in HM and then we ingest the eggs and part of the HM, and then body reacts to them.

I dont know , this is just an idea that come to my mind. :umm:

My brother have a strong reaction to pollen few years ago. he was going to bed very late and getting for a job very early. During the weekends he liked to drink a few beers. His symptoms were getting worse. He developed depression that was also getting worse and worse.Then at the last stage he developed a condition where he have a so severe alergic reactions that few times he called en emergency to help hiim. HE started to have a panic attacks and he was afraid that his heart is beating too fast and that he would die. He visited the doctor and psychologist and they said to him that everything is ok with him. Just a small polen allergy, but he was feeling terrible. So he start to sleep more, he stop drinking beer, he went to a yoga classes and next spring he almost dont have any allergy sumptoms, and his depression and panic attacks were gone.

So, maybe the lifestyle , the stress , the emotional component plays a big role in this sensitivity to sertain foods.

Also my son developed a allergic reaction to casein 6 years ago. Class 2 reaction and his reaction was coughing and lot of mucous that blocked his lungs and he was 10 days in hospital. 3 year ald boy on a strong atibiotics for 10 days. After that test show an alergic eaction to casein. We did an elimination diet. Few months after that the reaction on a second test show a class 1 reaction. Almost a year after fiirst test we have done a second one and it showed a negative reaction to casein , but a new reaction to sime kind of a black mold. Year after that , still on elimination diet showed no reactions to any substance.

While his body was repairing from casein , his tests showed other reactions to other substances.

In the same time i have done the same blood test , but i dont remember the results. I `ll have to look for them and see what they says because in that time i also have a strong alergyc reaction to pollen. Last few years i dont have any reactions. Maybe some sneezing occasionally. By the way all this tests were IGE tests. I dont know it IGG are available.

Maybe this are temporary reactions due to some kind of adjustment,repair of our bodies. Maybe its caused by iodine intake as a part of endocrine system disruption . Maybe its something related to " new DNA stands" that Cs were talking about. So now some people that have " new DNA stands" need different food. Maybe its a part of the work. The changes will reflect in the food, the energy that we need not just psychologically or physically or mentally.

Carl said:
The one thing I find a bit worrying is the question: Ok, so if I cut out the food I react to and start eating more of other food, will I then start reacting to the new food? Hundreds or even thousands of pounds spent on supplements over the years, and I still have leaky gut?

The way I'm thinking is either 1) There are still some pieces of the health puzzle we are missing (or one big one).
Great question. Theoretically, if you still have leaky gut (which is extremely probable), then yeah, you could eventually develop antibodies toward the "non-reactive" food. This is why I think the most important thing that we should be focusing on here is getting to the root cause of leaky gut and not just simply masking it by eliminating healthy foods.

We should be asking things like : Why does it occur? and is food the real culprit in all of this?

I am of the opinion now that no amount of probiotics or supplements can properly fix a leaky gut.

Carl said:
Some great replies in the past few days, this is very interesting.

stellar said:
Oh, WOW.
I think I'm just about done with the whole diet thing. Testing, changing, swapping, replacing.....
I'm just gonna stick to paleo (dairy, wheat/grain free) cos this is just taking too much of my limited time and money. Iodine and regular fasting and detoxing is going to have to do for me for some time.

That was my reaction at first also! But thinking about it more, this is actually a good thing because it provides more info to work from. The way I see it, a lot of the high scoring foods on the lists posted are very common allergens, so if I was being serious about this diet thing I should have already elimination-tested them. Well, I haven't, but now this is a reminder to do so.

Or 2) It is actually meant to be a life-long struggle, and the goal of optimal health is only an ideal which we can strive for, in the same way that fully cleaning our machines or becoming a full 'personality' in Dabrowski's terms are also ideals.

Yeah I was thinking the same, it's never ending... but neither is the Work itself, it's like Joe said somewhere "the path itself is the Work" - the diet is pretty much collinear. For instance, I think the Keto diet messed my gut bacteria up a little, but I wouldn't have known that it wasn't the best option without experiencing it first. Or take Iodine, the post that Gaby put up about it at first was years ago, but we never got to that stage until we were ready as the C's said.

Keyhole said:
Carl said:

Great question. Theoretically, if you still have leaky gut (which is extremely probable), then yeah, you could eventually develop antibodies toward the "non-reactive" food. This is why I think the most important thing that we should be focusing on here is getting to the root cause of leaky gut and not just simply masking it by eliminating healthy foods.

We should be asking things like : Why does it occur? and is food the real culprit in all of this?

I am of the opinion now that no amount of probiotics or supplements can properly fix a leaky gut.

This made me think, maybe our quest for optimal health isn't about completely fixing us - but some part of aiding this new reality?

Keyhole said:

We should be asking things like : Why does leaky gut actually occur and is food the real culprit in all of this? Or are there other factors that completely overide nutrition?

So good you said it three times ;).

I tend to agree with this. I just find the whole puzzle really interesting. Especially you all in the Chateau, who are living pretty close to an optimal life for humans in the 21st Century: I.E. Lots of sunlight available, fairly clean countryside air, lack of EMF, strong goals, community spirit and emotional connection with each other as well as lots of emotional work on the self, and sustained efforts in the area of nutrition and health over the past decade, seemingly covering all bases.

Maybe whatever health issues we deal with, big or small, are more like part of karmic lessons, and the best we can do is to manage them and learn something from them. I would suggest asking the C's even, but I'm not too sure of a formulation of a question.

Carl said:
I tend to agree with this. I just find the whole puzzle really interesting. Especially you all in the Chateau, who are living pretty close to an optimal life for humans in the 21st Century: I.E. Lots of sunlight available, fairly clean countryside air, lack of EMF, strong goals, community spirit and emotional connection with each other as well as lots of emotional work on the self, and sustained efforts in the area of nutrition and health over the past decade, seemingly covering all bases.

Well, two things, we live surrounded by agricultural lands that are regularly sprayed with pesticides. Sunlight can be pretty scarce in the winter months, and we do tend to spend a lot of time at our computers.

There is, of course, a very simple answer to this diet question: eat only good meat and fat (no dairy) and a few select veggies and a small amount of the right carbs now and then. I think everyone would see a clear up of many health issues if they stuck to such a diet. Of course, it might not be emotionally survivable! :O What certain foods mean to us emotionally, i.e. what they do to/for us biochemically, seems to be the crux of the matter.

I tried to find more information about such a strong IGG reaction to eggs. And i was again suprised that many other people have also very strongg IGG reactions to eggs.
Here i`ll post some links.Very interesting posts to read.

_https://www.paleohacks.com/eggs/test-positive-for-igg-response-to-eggs-but-don-t-notice-a-reaction-what-gives-30382

_http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/70118-how-strictly-do-you-avoid-your-igg-reaction-foods/

_http://www.mothering.com/forum/307-allergies/1233183-questions-about-highly-reactive-igg-egg-results-my-ds.html

_http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17883730 said:
BACKGROUND:
The clinical significance of food-specific IgG subclasses in food allergy and tolerance remains unclear. Specific IgG titres are often reported in non-standardized units, which do not allow comparisons between studies or allergens.
OBJECTIVE:
To quantify, in absolute units, ovalbumin (OVA)- and peanut-specific IgG levels in children with peanut or egg allergy (active or resolved) and in non-allergic controls. Methods Children aged 1-15 years were recruited. Peanut allergy was diagnosed by convincing history and a 95% predictive level of specific IgE; egg allergy or resolution was confirmed by oral challenge. Serum IgG, IgG1 and IgG4 levels (microg/mL) to OVA and peanut extract were quantified by ELISA.
RESULTS:
OVA- and peanut-specific IgG was detected in all subjects. In non-allergic controls (n=18), OVA-specific IgG levels were significantly higher than peanut-specific IgG (median microg/mL IgG=15.9 vs. 2.2, IgG1=1.3 vs. 0.6, IgG4=7.9 vs. 0.7; P<0.01). There were no differences in OVA-specific IgG, IgG1 and IgG4 between egg-allergic (n=40), egg-resolved (n=22) and control (n=18) subjects. In contrast, peanut-specific IgG (median microg/mL IgG=17.0, IgG1=3.3, IgG4=5.2) were significantly higher in peanut-allergic subjects (n=59) compared with controls and with non-peanut-sensitized but egg-allergic subjects (n=26). Overall, the range of IgG4 was greater than IgG1, and IgG4 was the dominant subclass in >60% of all subjects.
CONCLUSION:
OVA-specific IgG levels of egg-allergic, egg-resolved or control groups are not distinguishable. Higher peanut-specific IgG levels are associated with clinical allergy, but the range of IgG titres of the allergic and control groups overlapped. Hence, OVA and peanut-specific IgG measurements do not appear to be of diagnostic value. Strong IgG responses to OVA may be a normal physiological response to a protein frequently ingested from infancy, whereas up-regulated IgG responses in peanut allergy may be indicative of a dysregulated immune response to peanut allergens.

I also found a lot of webpages where the " official medical authorities" said that IgG tests are not reliable and not clinically proved. So , i wonder why so much dust around this IgG testing. I think there is something about it since " some medical authorities" want to promote it as false and not accurate testing.

_http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1774875/

:huh:

Back
Top Bottom