Food Allergy Blood Tests and results

Sijing:

I actually had a conversation with my doctor about this a couple weeks ago, which started with a discussion about my history with the ketogenic diet. He said that he does think blood type and diet interact, but he's skeptical of D'Adamo's original approach (which he tried several years ago and failed on) because it's too narrow, being based primarily on lectin research. He said that Type O does the best on the ketogenic diet -- his wife is Type O and thrives on it, as do several of his Type O patients. It doesn't seem to work as well for Type A (which he is, and I am also) in his experience, and for this group he recommends more of a standard Paleo diet. He also said he's observed a difference in intermittent fasting -- Type O again seems to do really well with it, but Type A seems to need to eat more regularly (and larger portions). I didn't ask about the other types (B and AB), so I'm not sure what he would have to say about them.

FWIW I am also Type A. In 2009 my holistic dentist sent me to have a VEGA test for toxins at Harley Street (E621) Naturopathic Health Clinic. He was amazed by my level of mercury toxicity,(from his own tests), and advised me to have the test prior to having my amalgams out. He was also amazed how unusual it was for me to have lowered the mercury toxicity so quickly after the operation!! However, although I don't have any noticeable signs of intolerance to any foods (which we know means zilch). I haven't had any tests since. My results were as follows:

Food allergies: Diary, Wheat, Coffee, MSG, Oats and.......CHOCOLATE!!!

The Report stated that the highest index of 14 indicates significant systemic disorder and it is very possible that there is some organ deterioration, however good attention to the recommended protocols should resolve this. The lowest index of 2 indicates that most of your constitutional reserves are still available.
The major stressed organs are: Liver, Biliferous ducts, Spleen, Tunica mucosa coli, Colon, Portant vein, Kidney, Ovaries, Hypothalamus, Trigeminal nerve.

Most stressed organ: Liver (Highest rating is +4 in this test!)
The Dominant Focus: Colon
Origin of the Causal chain: Colon
Elevated cholesterol: +1
General Toxins: +3
Inherited Toxin: +2
Mercury Toxin: +3
Cadmium +1
Lead +2
Candida Overgrowth: +4
Mould: +1
Bacteria: +2 - Bronchi
Dysbiosis L. I. : +2
Autonomic NS stress: +2
Cystic Process: +1 - affects ovaries
Lymphatic stress: +2
Psychological stress: +2
Vitamin deficiency: +1
Mineral deficiency: +1
Endocrine disturbance: +1

I have just been told about a doctor here who does the GAPS diet, and seems to be more alternative. So if she understands our protocol I will go under her supervision. In the meantime I will start the elimination process again - so that I am also preparing for the Iodine protocol asap. Thus flushing out as many toxins first - and potential allergies.

My daughter is visiting soon, and I am currently commuting between both properties, so I will commence on 1st April when I am back home.

I don't know whether they do the test here, I will find out. We certainly have plenty of private test laboratories. When would be the optimal time to do such a test?

Great posts here - thanks :cool2:

I remember that when my daughter was quite young (the first year of life), the egg was in the baby's diet is introduced in a specific way.
First I have a small piece of egg yolks ( 1/8) intervened in the rest of the lunch, followed reaction, and after maybe a month she ate all the egg yolks.
Egg whites (hard boiled) I put in food only when my daughter was 18 months.

Perhaps the allergenicity of egg shows if we were fed too early with specific food?

Also, I remembered Konstantin post:
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,40412.msg622266.html#msg622266
maybe change color causes intolerance to garlic, if you ask old people, garlic previously was always white :huh:

As other members pointed out, The reaction to egg was very unexpected and it seems as if the theory about allergy was not complete, maybe because it is completely materialistic or based in the wrong premises. It seems the body is making its antibodies but it doesn't translate necessarily in an evident "attack" to the target, this is why I think something is missing here, another unknown? layer of information that controls the immune system.

This bring me more questions/thoughts:

-The role of bacteria in the guts as a regulating agent of the immune system.
- There is no conclusive information about how our thoughts about the food we are eating influence its assimilation/reaction to it. In my experience there could be influence but I have read some comments in the forum contrary to this proposition.
- Does the interaction food-eater includes maybe morphic field interactions?

I've ordered the test and have been eating all the stuff I have put aside for a few years to increase detection of IgG antibodies.

The most interesting thing was gluten. I have been totally off it for about six years. A few days ago I had two small croissants. I felt sick for the next few hours (reflux, stomach pains, foggy brain the next morning). It was quite a violent reaction. But the interesting thing was, when I had another slice of bread yesterday, the reaction was almost absent. It seems that the body adapts very quickly to gluten again, at least in regard to short-term negative effects.

The other thing I've had was milk, but no apparent reaction to this.

After the test I'll strike gluten and milk off my menu again, no matter the result. But I found that quite enlightening. Most people won't notice that they have a problem with gluten, if they chronically ingest it. We knew that already, but this experiment really drove this point home for me in a very visceral way!

Once the results are in, I'll try to get off all the foods that I am reacting to and see, what difference it makes. Even though at this point it's not totally clear to me what a "negative" or "positive" test result really signifies.

What an exciting journey!

nicklebleu said:
I've ordered the test and have been eating all the stuff I have put aside for a few years to increase detection of IgG antibodies.

The most interesting thing was gluten. I have been totally off it for about six years. A few days ago I had two small croissants. I felt sick for the next few hours (reflux, stomach pains, foggy brain the next morning). It was quite a violent reaction. But the interesting thing was, when I had another slice of bread yesterday, the reaction was almost absent. It seems that the body adapts very quickly to gluten again, at least in regard to short-term negative effects.

The other thing I've had was milk, but no apparent reaction to this.

After the test I'll strike gluten and milk off my menu again, no matter the result. But I found that quite enlightening. Most people won't notice that they have a problem with gluten, if they chronically ingest it. We knew that already, but this experiment really drove this point home for me in a very visceral way!

Once the results are in, I'll try to get off all the foods that I am reacting to and see, what difference it makes. Even though at this point it's not totally clear to me what a "negative" or "positive" test result really signifies.

What an exciting journey!

Interesting NB. If you went back on wheat full time though, I suspect you might eventually exhibit more subtle reactions to it, or reactions in other areas of your body. When I was still drinking milk, it never bothered my stomach, but caused seborrheic dermatitis that disappeared when I cut it out. Lots of sugar has the same effect. On the few occasions when I have had a bit of milk (to test) in the last 15 years, it causes lower gut pains almost immediately, but I'm pretty sure that if I persisted my gut would eventually produce the enzymes to digest it properly, but I'm also pretty sure I'd get the dermatitis back.

Joe, I totally agree!

With milk I never really noticed any changes before or after cutting it out. The reason I'll cut out milk even in the face of a "negative" test result (and apparently no change after cutting it out) has more to do with it's purported link to chronic disease (which is almost certainly not related to an allergic reaction - immediate or delayed). Same for gluten - although with gluten things were much clearer: I noticed a few things clearing up after a few weeks off the stuff, like my (borderline ?) hypertension went away, got rid of symptoms of prostatism, pain in certain joints, reflux and brain fog.

The one thing I have been struggling with cutting out totally is cheese when I am in Switzerland. I don't have a lot of it, but kind of always felt guilty when "straying" - if the result is positive, I'll redouble my efforts to keep my intake to the barest minimum, otherwise I'll still try to keep off it most of the time, but maybe feel a little bit less guilty. I know, to feel guilty is a stupid thing ...

I think allergic reactions is one thing, then there is heavy metal contamination, which is different in different foods, and then there a other biological effects, which might be noxious on the long run, even if the food in question is uncontaminated, organic and unadulterated - which is a pretty hard thing to do in our world at the best of times.

In Croatia, the mandatory vaccination against 10 diseases: diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, tuberculosis, hepatitis B and diseases caused by Haemophilus influenzae type 2 b.

"The evidence that proteins from food into vaccines cause the development of food allergy and implications for vaccine policy"
Link:
https://translate.google.hr/translate?sl=hr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=hr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cijepljenje.info%2Fdokazi-da-bjelancevine-iz-hrane-u-cjepivima-uzrokuju-razvoj-alergija-na-hranu-i-implikacije-na-vakcinalnu-politiku%2F&edit-text=

Against what you're vaccinated, I think we should look at our vaccination records from birth :evil:.From there is whole problem :(

I was having a hunt for the food allergy blood test kits for the UK and found this site:
https://www.blood-test.co.uk//store#!/Allergies-to-Foods-690-items/p/27351148/category=6370347
Which offers testing for food (690) items for £99 or a list of 7 tests for £159
Allergies to Foods
690 items - £99

Inhalation allergies
266 items - £59

Parasites and Bacteria
285 items - £59

Cosmetics and Detergents
175 items - £59

Fungi and Viruses
298 items - £59

Vaccination damage, Medical and Narcotic stress
262 items - £59

Candida Test
£39

All 7 above tests
£159 SAVE £274

How it Works

Over 40 years ago doctors and biologists started to record frequencies emitted by cells, it is now known that all living things emit their own frequency pattern or oscillation.

As part of the testing method we send frequencies of most know substances to your blood sample. When matching frequency patterns are detected a "resonance" occurs which is recorded.

We are then able to identify which substances are causing you stress, or would cause you stress if you were exposed to them, or have caused you stress in the past.

Is it ok to post my sample?

Because the blood sample is dried and in a sealed plastic bag it is not classed as a UN3373 infectious substance.
That seems pretty reasonable, what do you guys think?

The price seems quite reasonable, but I'm not sure about the reliability of the 'resonance' method. The tests we had detected antibodies, afaik.

Windmill knight said:
The price seems quite reasonable, but I'm not sure about the reliability of the 'resonance' method. The tests we had detected antibodies, afaik.
I see. There's a lady at my college who has a bio-resonance machine which I think does something similar. Perhaps I could do all 3 and compare results, I think that would be quite interesting.
I'll keep looking for a UK one that does the antibody test and check out prices to see if it's feasible to do them all.

Alana said:
I am B- and the B blood type people are supposed to be the ones who are able to eat all dairy because they are good for them. This blood test says otherwise.
Shijing said:
Alana is definitely the most dairy-sensitive

This is interesting in light of what Konstantin just posted on another thread:

Konstantin said:
_http://www.livestrong.com/article/294168-a-diet-for-rh-negative/ said:
In a study published in a 2007 issue of the "Journal of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine," Dr. Power described the results of her experiments on allergic responses to foods based on blood type. According to the article, the results did in fact show responses patterned according to blood type, vindicating the blood type diet approach. Rh negative blood reacted most severely with eggs, milk, cheese, nuts, beans and gluten. It was also consistently among the top producers of immunoglobulin E (IgE).

And some link to Dr.Laura Power website where she writes about foor alergies and intolerances.
_http://www.laurapower.com/page5.html

Got my results back. They gave me a nice report of 45 pages, all in Spanish. They tested 75 food items. Here are the big culprits for me:

In the red:

Eggs

In yellow:

Rye
Spelt
Fermented cow milk
Gluten
Cocoa beans
Guar flour E412
Black pepper
yeast
Pistachio
Sheep cheese
Rennet
Wheat
Barley
Oats
Cashew
Cow milk

I highlighted the ones I've been eating without suspicion. Oh well! Bye bye chocolate!

I had a look to a green chart of superfoods they gave for me and coffee and other foods are not listed. In any case, the green chart looks like a paleo diet. Except for the eggs, it looks like I'm the classic Paleo woman :D

I'll study the report closely and will follow recommendations.

What an interesting thread!

For me, allergies have been a major issue too. My doctor suggested me to test for it already because I always tell him things like "Eggs make me feel tired and give me pain in the body", "macadamia nuts (supposedly one of the less allergenic nuts) don't seem to be good for me", "garlic gives me headaches", etc... But it was too expensive at the time. I'm sorry if I missed it, but, which is the lab where most of you did the testing? I want to see if they provide the service to Latin America. Or I might look into another one... it sound quite interesting to do it.

In the book The Hidden Plague (about Hidradenitis Suppurativa) the author gives a good approach to elimination diet and trial afterwards. As she explains, it can be hard to monitor what are your triggers over time when you have an autoimmune condition. One can do a perfect autoimmune diet and then, one day, you eat something new, but that same day you also eat other things. Let's say, one day you eat a Fat Bomb and you get a reaction, then you don't know if it was the vanilla, the cocoa, the cinnamon, or all of them... She recommends using a spreadsheet to monitor day by day, which I could never follow strictly. This could be a good idea but it's hard to really be writing everything you eat and every reaction each day, IMO. So the test can be a big help. Nevertheless, I think I might give the spreadsheet another try. ;)

Recently, I started eating many things that didn't eat normally and it seems that I have become more tolerant to many foods after taking Iodine, yet, I still think that eating them repeatedly for a few days starts a reaction. So eggs one day is OK, but if I eat them for two or three days I start feeling tired and with muscle pain.

Carl said:
I think it is worth posting the list of classic foods to avoid if you have an autoimmune condition. If we have sensitivities to foods and are displaying antibodies to those foods, then it could be said that we all have an autoimmune condition, however mild or severe.

This tends to cover the most reactive foods posted in these lists so far and is a good place to start.

From http://www.thepaleomom.com/autoimmunity/the-autoimmune-protocol

[quote author=The Paleo Mom]The first dietary recommendation for those with autoimmune disease is to adhere to a strict paleo diet with no cheating. To be clear, this means: no grains, no legumes, no dairy, no refined sugars, no modern vegetable oils, no processed food chemicals. While other people may be able to enjoy the occasional bowl of rice or corn chips or even ice cream, if you suffer from an autoimmune condition you are not one of these people. Gluten should be banned for life. Grains and legumes should never be consumed. Dairy of any kind (even grass-fed ghee which can still have trace lactose and dairy proteins!) should be avoided initially. This may be true for the rest of your life but some people may be able to reintroduce many foods after their diseases are in remission.

In addition, if you have an autoimmune condition, you should completely avoid:

Eggs (especially the whites)
Nuts
Seeds (including cocoa, coffee and seed-based spices) [Also vanilla]
Nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants, sweet and hot peppers, cayenne, red pepper, tomatillos, goji berries etc. and spices derived from peppers, including paprika)
Potential Gluten Cross-Reactive Foods
Fructose consumption in excess of 20g per day
Alcohol
NSAIDS (like aspirin or ibuprofen)
Non-nutritive sweeteners (yes, all of them, even stevia)
Emulsifiers, thickeners, and other food additives

Maybe after trying that very strictly for a while, and seeing no results, then blood tests should be considered. Some stuff from Laura's list, we never would have suspected, like ginger, mussels, garlic, red cabbage etc. Jeeze!
[/quote]

I think that the paleomom site is very good when you want to learn about autoimmune diet. It was the only site where I've found information about Stevia sensitivity and, believe or not, THAT was my main trigger for HS.

Maybe a good idea for those who can't afford a test but would like to test anyway is to stick to an autoimmune protocol for a few months and then reintroduce one food at a time each week. Writing down the what one can notice in terms of reactions and son on. In The Hidden Plague there's a good explanation of how one should be introducing foods, in what amounts and so on. I haven't got the book with me now, but I can paste that portion here if you want.

As a side note, a friend of mine told me the other day when I told her I was allergic to some things that it seemed like the movie The Free Planet, where a woman from another planet has a strong reaction to whatever food she ate on Earth, lol I don't mean to say that we are from another planet, but, it does bring the idea of some genetic background going on and how that could have a role in the body-soul connection and the lessons we have to learn in this life.

Another interesting thing that came to my mind recently was the article about people with more Neanderthal genes being more prone to autoimmune conditions and skin issues. Here's a quick translation from an article on Spanish SOTT:

The remains of Neanderthal DNA in modern humans - which is maintained up to 20% - are involved with genes that affect both various diseases - such as Crohn's-, as in other aspects related to adaptation to the environment -such as production of keratin. These are the main findings of two studies published simultaneously in the journals Nature and Science, after analysis of Neanderthal DNA in modern humans.

[...]

The team also measured how the Neanderthal DNA present in human genomes today affects the production of keratin and the risk of certain diseases.

Experts say that the Neanderthal ancestry increases in those genes that affect keratin filaments. "This fibrous protein influences the hardness of the skin, hair and nails, and can be beneficial in cold environments, providing a thicker insulation," Reich said.

"It is tempting to think - adds the scientist - that Neanderthals were adapted to a non-African environment and provided this genetic advantage to humans."

Finally, they also showed that nine know human genetic variants probably came from Neanderthals. These variants influence in diseases related to immune function and also with some behaviors, such as the ability to quit smoking.

I still haven't come to any interesting ideas about it myself, but it adds to the puzzle of why some people might be more prone to these diseases (and smoking :P ) and it's interesting that they talk about it being and adaptive mechanism to cold... FWIW...

A thing I wanted to add but couldn't edit my post anymore:

One interesting thing that I remembered is that a general rule for The Paleo Mom is to avoid all reproductive parts of plants. So seeds (yes, we know about grains, legumes and nuts, but also seeds such as anise, vanilla and cocoa) and flowers (chamomile, for example isn't very good for me). There are also plants like Stevia, which have an impact on hormones (it was used as contraception by women in South America) can cause reaction - again, something to do with hormones/reproductive system)... Which brings me to eggs... I know it might be a bit of a stretch because these are from animals and not plants, but maybe (just maybe) there's kind of a connection there :huh:

Yas said:
A thing I wanted to add but couldn't edit my post anymore:

One interesting thing that I remembered is that a general rule for The Paleo Mom is to avoid all reproductive parts of plants.

Well, I'm nearly there!

After a lifetime of eating chocolate, this last week has been interesting to see that I can do without.

You can check your local sources for IgG food intolerance panel test. Shipping to the U.S. might be another option. I just used the same lab for the heavy metal test: microtraceminerals.com. They used a kit called "ImmunoPro". I had the option of a lab in Madrid, but they required me to drive there just for the blood sample. At microtraceminerals, I just sent the blood sample to Germany, although they have labs in the U.S. too. There might be other labs in South America or the U.S., just make sure it is an IgG food intolerance panel test.

The test is expensive, so an elimination diet is another option.

The elimination diet that we originally used in this forum is very well formulated, eliminating major culprits including eggs. It can be modified according to special needs or known allergies. I thought I could tolerate eggs and chocolates, but now I know better.

Back
Top Bottom