I suggest a question about Lula (president of Brazil)

why give his assessment any weight
I give moderate weight to his assessment. The facts he finds l, though, are extremely informative.

I’d have to go over this specific issue of the New Left, but he’s been so incredibly reliable in his facts I’m comfortable enough to tentatively quote him without reading up the source myself.

His nazi proclivities are better known through his omission and very rare - which I assume are slips in a very careful and calculated language - derogatory. More conspicuous are his collaborator columnist who explicitly suggest we call ourselves nazis.

I speak about nazis (Aryan imperialists), jews and globalists on the thread posted by Nienna. To put it short, if we were to discard a source because they’re an aryan imperialist/nazi a humongous amount of information would become unavailable.

the rank and file left was fueled by a sort of idealistic populism.
I see

criticize Israel and support Russia you must be a good guy and should necessarily oppose the WEF
I find this a perceptive observation! This is a specific bias and things are going to have other dynamics, generally more complex, outside North Atlantis.

the choice of words and the repercussion
I think it does 1) Unambiguous political statement 2) cyphered message.

Ron Unz found out that the zionist movement in the 30’s had an intimate relationship with Hitler. Like so:

1) Both of them wanted the jews out of Germany (zionists wanted them in Israel)
2) The Reich was the biggest donor to Israel during 1933-1939
3) Israel asked to join the Axis through Mussolini (maybe through Germany as well, though I’m not sure)
4) The only news allowed in Germany except the Party’s was a zionist publicarion
5) They enjoyed quite favorable commercial ties bypassing many sanctions at the time
6) There’s a very striking medal, with a Swastika on one side and a the hebrew-associated hexagram, saying “ein Nazi fährt nach Palestein. Und schreibt dem Angriff!” - “a nazi travels to Palestine and writes to the Angriff [Göbbels outlet]”. A nazi journalist stayed there for around 6 months (or a year) and wrote about the experience when he got back home
7) Zionist entities were largely encouraged (because they moved jews away from Germany), and have the most agressive, overtly anti-jewish discourse I’ve ever seen, maybe bar internet rants. Apparently they were trying to gaslight and shame the jews into going to the Palestine.

Basically, saying Hitler is like the Zionist movement is an analogically largely accurate, and historically precise statement.

Point is: comparing Hitler to Israel can be subtle hint that “we’re in the know, and we got the journalistic WMD’s”. Russia has made similar dog-whistle statements through Russian Times both to North Atlantis as well as Zion.
not a single one I've come across was positive about him
if I’m not mistaken, the North (Acre and Amazonas) voted significantly on Bolsonaro. And when I was in Salvador (Bahia), I saw quite a few B supporters.

Now, suggesting that the Northeast doesn’t largely support Lula, or that 87% voting for Lula in many towns and maybe even some states is pure fabrication, I find that quite an assertion! I’m actually not sure how to respond, as I’ve seen how many of them treat Lula with my own eyes, and it’s quite easy to find strong evidence for that.

Was the election rigged? My guess is yes - even though both sides were using underhanded tactics.

🇧🇷 #Brazil Mass protest in Sao Paulo today calling for the impeachment of President Lula, which may turn out to be one of the largest protests in the country's recent history

The protest is taking place in support of former Brazilian President Bolsonaro, who is facing arrest.

There have been many, many like those. As their supporters like saying, B can “drag people to the streets”.

Some say the largest livestream on Youtube was one of his. It’s interesting that I heard this from supporters of his, and they didn’t seem to reflect how much support from YT it takes to do such thing. To the very least, not getting banned or shadow-banned.

his interviews with lefties, he came back from prison seeking revenge
Do you have links for those? That sounds pretty important.

ours after Lula's victory was announced road blocks appeared all over the country
We might be getting into territory that’s not so relevant to the non-Br in the forum.

I may very well be post-editing my memories, but I remember hearing about the blocks during the elections, not afterwards.

I’ve seen Piauí do many underhanded implications of their enemies, but their coverage on this specific subject seemed pretty damning for B, with high-level orders coming 24-48h before the end of elections. I’d have to diligently fact check both this and many other situations that happened around that time.

To my surprise they stayed put through heavy rains, the world cup and even after Lula officially took office
Their diligence is very impressive. I remember thinking at the time “if people were frequently this assiduous for their own goals - whatever it is - we’d have quite a different world”.
The Supreme Court tries to disband the protests by force
Reference? Only heard of ministers acting in this direcfion.

Famously, there were many family members in the camps, and the army even pointed their guns against the police in Brasilia, stopping them from entering.

The reports I wrote was that many acts of severe vandalism, even in police headquarters, were completely ignored. The governor of Brasília (not the national president, but of the city) reportedly almost completely ignored the contacts from the ministers of the new government to disband the vandalism (as well as the camps), and so did the highest level police command and guards (we have many different police and guards).

There has been, at least it has been judged so, that many of the local organizers if these camps were asking for money transfer to support the cause but were actually embezzling the money. It consisted of a very messy hodgepodge of people.

It comes to light

Sounds very believable to me. If you read about how the Bolsonaro family relates, and how amazingly chaotic their adm was, it gives quite a specific light to the diplomats’ rebellion.

On January 8th, 2023, a peaceful protest in the capital turns into a "terrorist attack". All points to an inside job.

That was a very bizarre event. The guys at SOTT indicate, persuasively to me, that Trump caught wind of Jan-6, and tried to stop it. And as you say, it seems like a copy-paste.

I’m not quite sure the political dynamics are the same. There’s ample suggestion, differently from Trump, that Bolsonado really was planning a full-out coup. I’d have to go through it again to remember in detail.

I suspect Bolsonaro was either betrayed and thrown under the bus (as his “un-ellidgible” ruling, corruption scandals etc coming out at once), or that he was very confident - and probably his handlers were, too - he would win, and he did have plan B.

I hadn’t thought that the bomb found in the fuel truck just outside the airport could be a false-flag. Sounds plausible enough to me - though I don’t think there’s need for such extreme measures since I believe B can create true-flags himself.

Look, I feel it’s a very delicate and laborious to “diagnose” someone you don’t have personal contact, let alone present evidence to other, but I’m fairly convinced all of the terrorist attacks are very much within B’s functioning. If he did call them or support them, is a different issue. See his level of emotional balance, the bizarre situation within his family, relationship with militia, paranoid statements, being discharged from the army when supposedly going to blow up bathrooms in a HQ, etc.

This may be well beyond our point here. What I’m trying to say is 1) I think Moraes is attributed a much larger role than he actually has 2) I’m quite confident at least part of the motivation of such counter-movement is to maintain national sovereignty.

Btw, I’d love some time to check what you said about the inflation of the judiciary. Even in USD, it’s the world’s most expensive judiciary relatively and absolutely, someone has told me. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they were feeling they still didn’t have enough.

That’s a lot to fact check😵‍💫

This ‘thread’ is very, very helpful in unveiling and distinguishing currents. At some point, asking if he’s a mainly good or mainly a bad guy starts to become secondary.
And the answer might be so elusive, like "wrong concept" or "too vague"

if I’m not mistaken, the North (Acre and Amazonas) voted significantly on Bolsonaro. And when I was in Salvador (Bahia), I saw quite a few B supporters.

Now, suggesting that the Northeast doesn’t largely support Lula, or that 87% voting for Lula in many towns and maybe even some states is pure fabrication, I find that quite an assertion! I’m actually not sure how to respond, as I’ve seen how many of them treat Lula with my own eyes, and it’s quite easy to find strong evidence for that.

Was the election rigged? My guess is yes - even though both sides were using underhanded tactics.

the problem is you're basing your "conclusions" either on TV or western media which have zero credibility around here

my observations are based on real people i interacted with not on propaganda

Lula, ROBBED the North states as much as any other if you think they're special you're naive beyond repair a google away and you see that 2 DECADES later almost half of northern population has no access to potable water despite this being his biggest motif all the way back then
if that's your model of governing to the people you're either a psychopath, a kantekkian, or wannabe agent provocateur

Last edited:
You’re correct in that the Northern/Northeastern states have horrendous levels of poverty, hunger, lack of sewege, etc. The worst in Brazil.

These data are also claimed to be true:

I was just reading today he was a congressman for São Paulo from 1984-88 (check exactly). According to his wikipedia page, his voted were very consistently towards labor rights and wealth equality (6 hours work week, 44 to 40 hour workweek, agrarian reforms, etc).
During his government, the famous Bolsa Família (roughly translated as Family Stipend) program helped reduce abject misery from ~10% of pop to ~2,5% of pop.
40 million jobs were created, minimum wage had real increase of ~25% in his 2002-2006 term, and ~20% in his 2006-2010 term.

Famously, many people would say “I’m the first in my family to go to college. My mother’s a housemaid. It was her dream”. His govt created over 100 federal educational college-level institutes for education.

Basically, it seems everybody got richer and the poor a little bit less poor, he somehow aligned the interest of many competing parties and there was very significant economic and political stability.

In 2015 Brazil’s nominal GDP was just about the reach France’s, the 5th largest in the planet. He made more visits to foreign countries than any president - over 100 -, and around 60% of them were to African or South American nations.

As far as I can tell, the data for the Northeasterns’ harsh statistics is the same or very similar source as to their benefit under Lula. I’m not sure how to take one and at the same time discarding the other.

either on TV or western media

I didn’t rely on TV to have very strong confidence the voting numbers in Northeast are close to truth.

I barely watch TV and a very significant part of information network in Brazil is people I know first hand, including staunch Bolsonaro supporters, who I consider to be my friends. You’d also be correct to assume that I read left-leaning media as well.

Also, I happened to be in Salvador (Northeast’s most populous capital, if I’m not mistaken) when Lula was awarded the election. To say there was a party on the streets is quite an understatement. If there were reports that a million people were on the streets, I wouldn’t be too surprised. I’m pretty sure many pictures and videos could be found.

I also talked to people in the following days, I didn’t hear a single one complaining about the results, nor anyone surprised.

It is true I saw people who were somewhat openly supporting B on the streets on the days prior to the election.

if that's your model of governing to the people you're either a psychopath, a kantekkian, or wannabe agent provocateur

@ImaPrototype I realize that this is a rather "hot topic", but please do not post while emotions are running high. When you feel the anger welling up, just take a few moments (or more) to do some pipe breathing, let yourself calm down and, then, post. It will make for a better discussion.

@ImaPrototype I realize that this is a rather "hot topic", but please do not post while emotions are running high. When you feel the anger welling up, just take a few moments (or more) to do some pipe breathing, let yourself calm down and, then, post. It will make for a better discussion.
appreciate the concern Nienna, i don't think emotion driven posts add value to the forum but i do have control over mine i think

Back
Top Bottom