Iodine and Potassium Iodide

I'm glad she's doing well SeekinTruth :)

Konstantin said:
In the last 2 weeks, i increased my iodine dosage to 5 drops of 5% lugols every second day.
Since I have done that I noticed a burst of energy. I feel so energized and strong. I noticed that last week in the gym. I could not believe that I could lift those weights, but I did it and after training, i felt that I could do another one.It was much more than i usually can lift.
Also, I need fewer hours for sleep. Besides that no other noticeable detox symptoms.

That's great Konstantin, I'm glad you can tolerate the iodine now.

fwiw I hadn't been able to handle any iodine for the last month or so.
I don't know if this is related, but I restarted the iodine this week combined with methyl-folate and sublingual methyl-B12, and my strength has been increasing considerably.

Hello,
for myself I have go down to 2 drops of Lugol 12%, it doesn't seem to affect my body so much now. Maybe there is a kind of keeping the connection with Cass doing the Lugol stuff :).
It's rather my experiences that have changed, more profound, more "liquid", as if the world was turning by itself without "me". I'm disappearing... and it feels... good, because I'm still here. My strength is light, I don't feel more powerful but more... capablet, that's the word, in lifting weights.

Ah, and it seems to help with Reiki, or not ? I don't know but it remembered me an article/personal story on this thread (I can't find it), where the guys was taking a lot of iodine and its arms went burning to the point it feels scared. After that he was cured of some of his allergies. Reiki does these kind of fhealings, and walking on an almost frozen floor too ! An intense heat/ice feelings, but it passes, fortunately.

RedFox said:
SeekinTruth said:
Thanks for the tips, RedFox. The methyl B's I have are combos (2 different brands with different dosages, types, etc. - e.g. folinic acid methyl group vs. methyl-folate) and come in capsules, so we can try opening the capsules and adding it to food to see how that works for her.

If she improves, then feels worse it may be that she doesn't have enough B12 to recycle the folate fast enough among other things (detox, immune system waking up etc). See _http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/what-is-methyl-trapping.22007/
This thread may also have some useful info in if this looks like the right route to take for her.

SeekinTruth said:
Thanks, I'll look into that pheonixrising/methyl trapping link. And yeah, I got some clues from that forum thread you linked quite a while back, but it's also worth reviewing. <snip>
I'll list the two methyl B supplements I got later with types and amounts. I got those from what was talked about on the SOTT Radio Show a while back about it - from what Shijing and the guest said, I found these supplements from iherb as something to try. The thing is that my mom was doing so well with 4 drops of 6% Lugol's for many months (better than she'd been in a long time), but she had stopped taking some of the supplements she had taken regularly in the past (just on a whim) including fish oil which kept her blood thin and not sticky, etc. She's now taking the most important ones (but not always every day). Along with new ones including Arginine and "HeartTech" (Vit C, A, E, Lysine, Proline, Arginine etc.).

I didn't have time to type up the Methyl B's as I had said I would, so I'll do that now. Thanks for the reminder about the B12, RedFox. I'll see if there are Methyl B12 sublinguals next time I order from iherb; if not, I'll just get some other sublingual B12 (I had some a while back, but ran out). Also, just to clarify, when I said my mom was doing better than in a long time on 4 drops of ~6% Lugol's (~7.1 mg iodine/iodide per drop), I meant before she had a stroke on May 18 - she had worked up to 4 drops from late November of 2015. She had gone up one drop every few weeks until she hit 4 drops on February 24, 2016 and stayed there until May 18. She was doing super well with energy and mood. Since a bit after coming back from the hospital, she's been taking 1 or 2 drops Lugol's and 4 to 10 drops 5% Potassium Iodide. But she also skips a few days for the last several weeks.

So the Methyl B's I got from listening to the SOTT Radio Show on MTHFR (I had read the thread on the forum too) was what Shijing mentioned (his was called MethylProtect). I checked and there was exactly the same combo called Methyl-Guard Plus from Thorne Research at iherb (don't know what the dosages per pill were for MethylProtect because Shijing didn't mention it on the show).

Methyl-Guard Plus has Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium 30mg per capsule; Vitamin B6 as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate 15mg/cap; Folate (as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate from Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosimine Salt) 1mg/cap; B12 as Methylcobalamin 1mg/cap; Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine) 1.8g/cap.

The guest on the show mentioned that if you don't get as good results from methyl folate as you'd like, try folinic acid. So I also got a supplement by Kirkman that has Folinic Acid ( Calcium Folinate) 400mcg/cap; Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) 6mg/cap; and Trimethylglycine 500mg/cap.

As I mentioned before, she had stopped taking fish oils in the early Fall of 2015 or a bit earlier after having taken 3 different ones everyday for years. That kept her blood thin and whenever she got blood test for "Prothrombin" it was within the normal range when taking fish oil (and magnesium, etc.) - she had problems with it years ago. Anyway, wanted to put all this down on the forum, in case there's data that can help others or someone has any comments.

Hello all, I need assistance as to where to start with the iodine therapy. I started reading in this thread and there is hundreds of articles that seem to repeat. If someone would kindly send me the link or tell me where to start, I am and will be grateful. I am currently unemployed and think that starting this therapy during this time will be beneficial.....

Personnellement je prends de l'eau chaude du robinet tout simplement...

I personally take hot tap water quite simply ...

I've used to drink the sea salt in hot water, as if i were doing a hot tea.
It's a habit that i have from my grand daddy, it has an cleaning effect, eventually you can sweat a little,
and "reinforce" the detoxifying effect of the salt...

My two pinch of salt !

SeekinTruth said:
For whatever it's worth, I also just use room temperature distilled water for the sea salt protocol.

Yea I just get lazy but will try warm water to see if there is a difference. Thanks for the input!

Just want to report my latest thyroid test results
They have all moved into the normal range.

Previous results in May were

TSH 12.3 normal range .5-4.4
T3 3.2. normal range 3.2-7
T4 5.2 normal range 8.2-22

At the time of previous testing I was taking a large dose of lugols 300+ mg, soon after at Gaby's suggestion I switched to potassium iodide 130mg one day and about 50mg lugols every other day because I was having tachycardia between 90-130bpm.

After my latest test I resumed high dose of iodine at 300+ mg with no tachycardia, some detox symptoms of night sweating initially but they have subsided, I get a mild headache in the afternoon which is mostly alleviated with vit c. and I get a pimply rash on my face mostly around my eyes. It goes away on my two days off lugols on the weekends.
The reason I'm doing this again is because I feel like I have an infection that moves around. I've been reading closely the 'autoimmune illness caused by infection' thread and and preparing to try it in a week or so after some more preliminary blood tests. My doctor is happy to support me.
Recent tests show I do have anti-thyroid antibodies and thyroiditis, although good function.

Weird thing happened last night that I don't know what to make of. I tipped my head upside down to tie my hair in a plat and hyrogen peroxide ran up my nasal passage, into my left sinus and burned it and my eye a little, afterwards I got a headache which I still have. I don't fully understand what this signifies. I know it's not supposed to happen, it's never happened before so if anyone could help me out understanding that then I would really appreciate it.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080102134129.htm

For example, when the immune system is activated in response to bacteria, large amounts of hydrogen peroxide are produced by certain cells to fight the infection. Lowther and colleagues studied how a molecule known as peroxiredoxin (Prx) helps control levels of the agent. The role of Prx is important because if the levels of hydrogen peroxide become too high, the cell's DNA and other proteins can be damaged. Scientists suspect that this and similar processes are what leads to cancer, diabetes and other disease.

Prx actually has a dual role in the process. Its usual job is removing excess hydrogen peroxide from the cells by converting it to water. But if levels get dangerously high -- and Prx needs help -- it becomes inactive in its "converting" job and instead becomes a "signaler," telling the cell to produce or activate other proteins to help remove the excess.
:/

Big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I definitely feel a lot better than I did 6 months ago. Still have some health issues causing me grief but I'm in a much better place

Fluffy said:
Recent tests show I do have anti-thyroid antibodies and thyroiditis, although good function.

I think the dose is too high, but if you have medical support, you could potentially experiment while you are monitored. Nevertheless, I would prefer a more gentle approach.

If your thyroid is "on fire", I would eliminate gluten completely and work on a tolerated heavy metal detox protocol, for instance spirulina or sporadical low doses of DMSA (100mg once or twice per week). The cofactors are very important, specially selenium. If there is not enough selenium to calm down the autoimmune reaction, then the high dose lugol could potentially make things worse.

Use good judgment on this experiment. Although I'm overtly cautions, I can't ignore the cases where good results were only achieved with higher doses. I'm reminded of a correspondent in the UK who healed her lifelong thyroid problems with lugol at around 100mg per day for a few weeks. Her physician was pleasantly shocked. I asked for her labwork to see what actually happened, but apparently the UK policy is too strict and they gave her nothing. Only that now all was normal and that she doesn't take any medications anymore.

Weird thing happened last night that I don't know what to make of. I tipped my head upside down to tie my hair in a plat and hyrogen peroxide ran up my nasal passage, into my left sinus and burned it and my eye a little, afterwards I got a headache which I still have.

I would take more vitamin C (bowel tolerance) to see if it subsides.

Gaby said:
Fluffy said:

I think the dose is too high, but if you have medical support, you could potentially experiment while you are monitored. Nevertheless, I would prefer a more gentle approach.

If your thyroid is "on fire", I would eliminate gluten completely and work on a tolerated heavy metal detox protocol, for instance spirulina or sporadical low doses of DMSA (100mg once or twice per week). The cofactors are very important, specially selenium. If there is not enough selenium to calm down the autoimmune reaction, then the high dose lugol could potentially make things worse.

Use good judgment on this experiment. Although I'm overtly cautions, I can't ignore the cases where good results were only achieved with higher doses. I'm reminded of a correspondent in the UK who healed her lifelong thyroid problems with lugol at around 100mg per day for a few weeks. Her physician was pleasantly shocked. I asked for her labwork to see what actually happened, but apparently the UK policy is too strict and they gave her nothing. Only that now all was normal and that she doesn't take any medications anymore.

Weird thing happened last night that I don't know what to make of. I tipped my head upside down to tie my hair in a plat and hyrogen peroxide ran up my nasal passage, into my left sinus and burned it and my eye a little, afterwards I got a headache which I still have.

I would take more vitamin C (bowel tolerance) to see if it subsides.

Thanks for your reply Gaby :flowers: I'm dropping the iodine on Thursday for a few months and just take iodide.

My headache is mostly gone this morning, I haven't been sleeping enough trying to read as much of the autoimmune thread as I can, which I find extremely captivating and disturbing, last night I got 8 solid hours. Need more hours in the day.

I can take heaps of vit c without any gut response. Up and beyond 20g on days where I feel terrible, I like it a lot, even the taste and it really helps me get through and cope with almost all my my ailments.

I'll keep in mind that the iodine can cause damage if overused, I suspect it may have contributed to my angry thyroid but there is limited previous testing done before May so it's hard to tell.

Back
Top Bottom