Is Green Energy REALLY green?

The winter freeze is impacting residents across Chicagoland, but some EV drivers are facing an additional handful of problems as they deal with long lines at charging stations and reduced battery life.

Here's Why Norway Hasn't Had Trouble With Winter EV Charging

There are lessons to be learned from the country which has the biggest EV adoption rate in the world.

Norway has the highest EV adoption rate in the world, with nearly one in four cars being all-electric. It’s also one of the coldest countries in the world, but we rarely–if ever–hear or read about spectacles like the one that went down in Chicago a couple of days ago. So, how does Norway play the EV game in freezing temperatures?

(...)

Another interesting piece of information is that the majority of people in Norway live in houses, not apartments, and that nearly 90% of EV owners have their own charging stations at home.

So there you have it, folks. If you own an EV, buy a house. It's that simple.

I watched an interview from an Australian spokesperson (can't find the video), and she was talking about the massive issues with wind turbines in Australian. I think she worked for one of the political parties and, if I remember correctly, she said that the costs of installing and maintaining wind turbines would never equal the power you get from them(in fact the difference is staggering). According to her wind turbines need to continue spinning, even during low winds, so wind turbines will require power when winds are down. Turbines are very expensive to build and maintain, and are a death sentence to many birds.

The government is paying obscene amounts for the building and initial maintenance of wind turbines to private companies. These companies pay land owners and even famers to use their land, but these people who agree to install turbines are in danger of having to deal with the maintenance issues down the road when these wind turbines fail(which occur frequently). It seems like many green energies are being held together by tax payer dollars, which is almost as good as duck tape.

I think this is the one you might be talking about. She worked for the Federal Government and was investigating renewable energy for the Renewable Energy Act. She says that there is nothing about wind turbines that work apart from reaming money out of the Australian economy to the tune of over $600k per year per turbine in the form of subsidies that is paid by every Australian through their power bills.

Also, since any power generated by wind turbines cannot be stabilised on the grid, black outs increase when the turbines are actually working because they have to switch the power off. What a mess!

11 mins

Thank you very much Scottie, for making this video.
It is wonderful and I congratulate you, because in a few minutes you have managed to synthesize the most relevant of all this matter, which is not green at all.

I have a little anecdote, which really does not have much value as an informative contribution, but I would like to share it.

About three years ago, I was installing some new appliances for a lady in her new apartment.
The apartment was new, as was the entire building.

It turns out that when I installed the thermo tank in the wall, I placed the corresponding pipes, but when I opened the stopcocks that I had previously sawed for the maneuver, I found that there was no water supply to the thermo tank, but there was in the rest of the house.

I did not understand, because I tried all the stopcocks I could find, and there was no case.
I even checked thoroughly on the outside of the building, without finding any other stopcocks.
Then, we communicated by cell phone with the architect in charge, and the mystery was solved.

By phone, he guided me to a hidden place, where the general keys of each apartment were located.
There were two of them, one of which was open, obviously, since I had water in the rest of the apartment.
He told me to open the other one as well. I did so and indeed the water for the thermo tank w appeared.
He immediately explained to me the reason for such an independent installation.

He said:
"Did you see that on the roof of the building there are water tanks with solar panels?"
I said yes, and he continued:
"This solar energy service, is available to apartment owners, but it is optional.
This is not included in the common expenses, and whoever decides to have it must pay for it separately."

He went on to say:
"The company that installs and sells this service, follows certain rules.
Among the requirements for them to install the service in the building, they demand an independent and very specific installation for the water inlet to the thermo tank in each apartment.

This is because it is through this entrance that they will supply hot water.
In other words, the water passes through the thermo tank and then reaches the faucet.
This is so that the thermo tank completes and/or regulates the water temperature, as required by the consumer.

According to them, this way they make sure that they do not lack hot water when it is the cloudy days , or when etc., etc., etc., etc.
But to tell the truth, we have found that the water arrives barely lukewarm at the inlet of the thermo tanks water."
I thanked the architect and we said goodbye.

Then the woman told me that she did not hire this service, because the price seemed too high and she preferred to continue as usual. What a good thing she did!
I was open-mouthed, and my surprise increased the more I reasoned the situation.
My conclusion was that they were ripping people off, rudely and shamelessly.

To begin with, in this way the client does not know if the hot water he is using was heated by the solar panels, or to what extent it was heated by the solar panels, he does not know to what extent the thermo tank participated, nor if the thermo tank did most or all of the work.
All he knows is that when he turns on the faucets, he has hot water, period.

To continue with the ridiculousness of this service, let's think in the best case scenario in favor of the panels, which we know is barely warm water on sunny days. The energy savings on those best days, is absolutely insignificant in the electricity tariff.

This ridiculous figure, with luck, would be enough to buy a kilo of bananas already dark.
Even if we had all the sunny days, we would not be able to save enough to justify having the service.

It's unbelievable, but people are paying significant amounts for this false service, in addition to the monthly electricity bill.
I could not believe what I was seeing.

I have told you this, because it was a very revealing moment for me.
At that time, I did not have the kind of information necessary to measure the true size of the deception behind green energy.

So I thank all of you who are providing more and more information', so necessary for everyone. :flowers:

Another issue with electric car batteries is that they need to be recycled at the end of their life, which can be rather short in some cases. What caught my interest was this article, which said that recently a storage space for used lithium batteries caught fire. This was just north of Toulouse and 900 tons of batteries went up in smoke, though not before leaving some pretty toxic residues. Apparently it burned for 4 days. The authorities told residents that all was well and toxic levels from the black smoke were below the threshold. That reminds me of the slogan, "safe and effective" :evil:
Here is the article (German) Lagerhalle mit 900 Tonnen Lithiumbatterien geht in Flammen auf - reitschuster.de

And here a Yandex translation, which is rather deficient but one gets the gist:

Warehouse with 900 tonnes of lithium batteries goes up in flames
The toxic reality of electric mobility​

Bildschirm%C2%ADfoto-2024-02-23-um-10.19.33-e1708718829982.png

Daniel Weinmann
dd5d70edb9d84c9dad5ad5c2bfedaea6

The so-called Mobility also brings a glut of used Lithium-ion batteries. Data of the "United States Geological Survey," according to the global lithium demand of 40,000 metric tons in 2015 to 134,000 tonnes in the year 2022, increased. Researchers at the KU Leuven in Belgium predict that by 2050, a further explosion. Alone for the EU, they have predicted that between the years 2020 and 2050, a jump from 23,000 to 861.000 tons.
Such as the environment the turn of a friendly green guardians of the Climate really are showed on last Sunday in the French Viviez North of Toulouse. There are 900 tonnes of lithium batteries by the French recycling group SNAM should be recycled in a large hall. However, before it came to be, went up in flames.
In view of the extremely dense, black smoke, the municipality of the upper called on the population to four days later to take precautions
. According to the French daily newspaper "Le Monde" tried to 70 firefighters to bring the fire under control.

The Prefecture played the danger down: "at The present time, it is noted that all the measurements of the caused by the fire atmospheric emissions have been carried out since Saturday in regular intervals, lie on the presence of toxic substances in the below the detection limits of the reference values."
The usual clichés so, found often in the past, even application, if there is serious damage to Health were to be feared. Hard to imagine that lithium batteries, which burn with an impenetrable black smoke, are not harmful to health. "Caution: exhaust gases are poisonous!", warns not without reason, the Federal Institute for materials research and testing (BAM).

The fire will not be an isolated case​

The regional health authority, ordered that the situation is not as clueless as the Prefecture – and noted that "the persistent presence of smoke in conjunction with active fire to cause harassment" could. For the entire population in the vicinity of the site is recommended, therefore, to reduce the intense physical and sporting activities and to contact you if there are symptoms, a doctor.

Until recently, home visits were carried out in the case of persons residing in the immediate vicinity of the industrial site. The recycling group SNAM steel, in turn, are so far from the affair and has not responded to the request for an opinion. Shame on him who thinks Evil of it.
The large fire in the vicinity of Toulouse will probably not be an isolated case. It's high time for the self-proclaimed red-green climate improvers-positive recycling concepts to be presented.

A waste of money and resources just to protect the cracking facade of the "green" scam:

New EV battery factory requires so much energy a coal power plant will be expanded and its closure delayed by years

• Despite receiving billions in incentives and support, Panasonic faces criticism for the plant's reliance on coal and the associated greenhouse gas emissions.
  • The EV battery factory will reportedly require between 200 and 250 megawatts of electricity to operate – roughly the same amount of power needed for a small city.
  • Evergy had already filed for a rate hike for its customers with state regulators. The rate hike was largely denied by the Kansas Corporation Commission.

And don't let me start with cobalt mining... They really think people are stupid.

Texas schools fund pulls $8.5 billion from BlackRock over ESG investing​

A Texas school fund told BlackRock on Tuesday it was terminating its contract to manage around $8.5 billion of state money, accusing the investment giant of boycotting fossil fuel energy producers, who represent a large part of the state's industry.

"That money originates from the oil and gas industry primarily... if there's no income, no billion dollars a year from oil and gas, that's a problem for our fund, obviously an existential long-term risk."

A few illiquid investments with BlackRock remain in the schools fund's portfolio, but these will roll off over time, Kinsey added.[...]

CEO Larry Fink said last year BlackRock had lost around $4 billion as a result of the political backlash, and this was dwarfed by net inflows to BlackRock.

Fink has since said he would stop using the term "ESG", and hosted a summit with state officials in Houston last month focused on investing in the state's infrastructure.

A shot in the foot - It's nothing compared to all the investments managed by BlackRock, of course, but if they continue pushing for the green, and woke nonsense, they might continue losing funds. Fingers crossed :lol:.

To the jet set snobber who like to enjoy happy hours of their gin fizz in the towers of Dubai will now have an eco-friendly excuse: they will be able to put ice cubes taken from the Greenland ice sheet that "has not been in contact with any soil or contaminated by any man-made pollutants: this makes Arctic Ice's Arctic ice the purest H2O on the planet," says Malik V Rasmussen, director of the startup that transports this ice cube to the Persian Gulf.
He may be exaggerating, but the Arctic is now a business .

Greenland startup begins shipping glacier ice to cocktail bars in the UAE

Frozen daiquiri anyone? Drinking a cocktail on top of a Dubai skyscraper may seem decadent enough, but a Greenland entrepreneur wants to add ancient glacier ice scooped from the fjords to the glass, for the ultimate international thrill.
Arctic Ice harvests ice from the fjords of Greenland, and then ships them to the United Arab Emirates to sell to exclusive bars. Using glacial ice in drinks is a common practice in Greenland, and, over the years, several entrepreneurs have unsuccessfully attempted to export it. Its co-founder Malik V Rasmussen said the ice, which has been compressed over millennia, is completely without bubbles and melts more slowly than regular ice. It is also purer than the frozen mineral water usually used in Dubai’s ice cubes......
The local ice has been used for years in beverages and Rasmussen decided to export it: "In Greenland we make all our money from fish and tourism, and I was looking to profit from something else. " Environmental purists were alarmed that the ice harvested in Greenland was transported to Denmark, before being loaded onto another ship and reaching the United Arab Emirates via the English Channel, Gibraltar, Suez and the Red Sea. Thousands of kilometers and liters of fuel. But Arctic Ice has the answer to everything: from Greenland to Denmark, the transport has no carbon impact, because the ships would have traveled empty anyway, as the country imports more frozen products than it exports.
The rest will be offset by the use of new technologies or carbon capture and storage. "I believe I was born to help Greenland with its green transition. We have this program as a roadmap, although we haven't communicated enough about it yet. "

Is Green Energy REALLY green?: We make money from the snobbery of a few rich people spending energy indiscriminately, and we tell pretty green stories to boot.

To the jet set snobber who like to enjoy happy hours of their gin fizz in the towers of Dubai will now have an eco-friendly excuse: they will be able to put ice cubes taken from the Greenland ice sheet that "has not been in contact with any soil or contaminated by any man-made pollutants: this makes Arctic Ice's Arctic ice the purest H2O on the planet," says Malik V Rasmussen, director of the startup that transports this ice cube to the Persian Gulf.
He may be exaggerating, but the Arctic is now a business .

The local ice has been used for years in beverages and Rasmussen decided to export it: "In Greenland we make all our money from fish and tourism, and I was looking to profit from something else. " Environmental purists were alarmed that the ice harvested in Greenland was transported to Denmark, before being loaded onto another ship and reaching the United Arab Emirates via the English Channel, Gibraltar, Suez and the Red Sea. Thousands of kilometers and liters of fuel. But Arctic Ice has the answer to everything: from Greenland to Denmark, the transport has no carbon impact, because the ships would have traveled empty anyway, as the country imports more frozen products than it exports.
The rest will be offset by the use of new technologies or carbon capture and storage. "I believe I was born to help Greenland with its green transition. We have this program as a roadmap, although we haven't communicated enough about it yet. "

Is Green Energy REALLY green?: We make money from the snobbery of a few rich people spending energy indiscriminately, and we tell pretty green stories to boot.

i have only one word, and it is in french: CONNARDS...

A hailstorm in Texas severely damaged a giant solar farm. The farm covers 4000 acres which is 1600 hectares = 16 km2 ( which is like a 4x4 km square). Whether it is leaking toxic chemicals or not, is not something the company has wished to answer. It shows the enormous waste and a destruction of a huge area. This was predictable but ideology and greed won the first battle, but the hail the second.

Back
Top Bottom