Les Visible and Smoking Mirrors

WOW!
Your most erudite comments leave me feeling exhausted
Must be all the stones that have been cast.
One thing everyone forgot to mention about Les Miserable....
He has a wet nose! :D

obyvatel said:
Laura, though I do not know you personally, based on some of your writings I have a feeling that you are a private person. You have been under relentless attacks and attempts at defamation for a very long time and every time you have produced evidence to clear the air at the cost of the privacy for you and your family and deep emotional pain.

That's pretty darn accurate. It has been the deepest and most painful divesting of any and all self imaginable. Again and again I must do it just to have the space to breath and do what is in me to do: to try to help others. What a strange thing it is...

SeekinTruth said:
Les Visible has exposed himself as to exactly who and what he is... and has thus become More Visible.

That he did. The sad and maddening thing is the price that Laura, the chateau laydies and others paying for it. Spending time on proving this guys lies, seeing and experiencing his behavior first hand. Girls, I admire your resilience. Even thinking about someone like him touching me gives me the creeps.

ryan1942 said:
WOW!
Your most erudite comments leave me feeling exhausted
Must be all the stones that have been cast.
One thing everyone forgot to mention about Les Miserable....
He has a wet nose! :D

Hi ryan1942 and welcome to the forum, if you like you can introduce yourself here in Newbies section! :)

Perceval said:
Given how lies and liars seem to be preferred by many people these days, apparently we do. If sacrificing the privacy that so many other people enjoy is the price that we have to pay in order for the truth to be heard, then we pay it willingly.

Laura said:
obyvatel said:
Laura, though I do not know you personally, based on some of your writings I have a feeling that you are a private person. You have been under relentless attacks and attempts at defamation for a very long time and every time you have produced evidence to clear the air at the cost of the privacy for you and your family and deep emotional pain.

That's pretty darn accurate. It has been the deepest and most painful divesting of any and all self imaginable. Again and again I must do it just to have the space to breath and do what is in me to do: to try to help others. What a strange thing it is...

Thank you for all of the work that you continue to do. The SOTT crew is the modern equivalent of the dragon slayers of yesterday.

I'm reminded of this passage from Laura's blog entitled "Not Ready To Make Nice"

"
Every year we do an annual I Ching reading for the year ahead (yeah, I know, why do I Ching when you have the Cs? Because we always like a second opinion!) and the reading for this year was rather disheartening. After all, this is the year that is going to produce the date 11-11-11. The question is always about the global conditions and which direction we should go in our work. We got the K'un Hexagram, number 47 (and 4 + 7 = 11, by the way), which is Oppression (Exhaustion). The following is a slightly paraphrased Richard Wilhelm translation:

above Tui the Joyous, Lake
below K'an the abysmal, Water

The lake is above, water below; the lake is empty, dried up; it is empty. It is dried up, exhausted, because an abyss has opened up within it and beneath it. Exhaustion is expressed in yet another way: at the top, a dark line is holding down two light line; below, a light line is hemmed in between two dark ones. The upper trigram belongs to the principle of darkness, the lower to the principle of light. Thus everywhere superior men are oppressed and held in restraint by inferior men.

When there is no water in the lake, conditions are exceptional. It represents a time of adversity when, everywhere, superior men are oppressed and held in restraint by inferior men.

Oppression means encountering adverse fate. It is something that happens by chance.

The Judgment

OPPRESSION is a test of character:
It leads to perplexity and thence to success.
When one has something to say
One gets no hearing: one is not believed.
But through oppression does one learn
To lessen one's rancour.

Times of adversity are the reverse of times of success, but they can lead to success if they; befall the right man. When a strong man meets with adversity, he remains cheerful despite all danger, and this cheerfulness is the source of later successes; it is that stability which is stronger than fate. He who lets his spirit be broken by exhaustion certainly has no success. But if adversity only bends a man, it creates in him a power to react that is bound in time to manifest itself. No inferior man is capable of this. Only the great man brings about good fortune and remains blameless. It is true that for the time being outward influence is denied him, because his words have no effect.

Therefore in times of adversity it is important to be strong within and sparing of words.

Only a great man can bring about good fortune by keeping blameless and correct.

THE IMAGE

The lake is dried up, exhausted.
When adverse fate befalls him
The wise man stakes his life
On following his will.

At times of adverse fate there is nothing one can do but to acquiesce in one's fate and remain true to oneself. This concerns the deepest stratum of one's being, for this alone is superior to all external fate.

There were two changing lines, one and six:

THE LINES

Six at the beginning means: One sits oppressed under a bare tree: One strays into a gloomy valley.

When adversity befalls a man, it is important above all things for him to be strong and to overcome the trouble inwardly. If he is weak, the trouble overwhelms him. Instead of proceeding on his way, he remains sitting under a bare tree and falls ever more deeply into gloom and melancholy. This makes the situation only more and more hopeless. Such an attitude comes from an inner delusion that he must by all means overcome.

Six at the top means: Oppressed by bonds one now can break.

As one's distress draws to an end, one can easily master the oppression with insight. If one is still irresolute and influenced by one's previous condition, one fears to make a move. One must now grasp the situation, change one's attitude and be decisive. "

I've kept the above in mind and it has helped me to keep things in perspective throughout this year. It seems that the I Ching was right on the mark.

At the end of the day... "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on." -Anonymous

Ana said:
eternusphoenix said:
At the end of the day... "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on." -Anonymous

Yep! :)
Interestingly enough, the same quote or something very close to it has been posted at Les Visible's blogs. This serves to remind me personally that although his path and the paths of those brave and sincere souls who prefer this forum are very different, they all eventually do lead to the same destination. "Seek, and ye shall find." My own path, while incorporating some elements of what has been offered here through Laura's work and the work of many others, still leans more to the integral, boundless, free-form, poetic/artistic path of the Heart as exemplified by Les. If he is sincere and strong and pure of intent in his quest for the love and presence of the divine - and, personal shortcomings notwithstanding, I'm far from convinced that he isn't - then he may be protected and guided through any and all perils that even a psychedelically-influenced path might bring with it. He is insane, yes - but his pure and focused heart (if such it is) may assure him speedier success than may be in store for those who keep their sanity but remain bound by other limitations which he has seen fit to shatter through on his way to attaining the goal.

Humble service is the beginning and the ending of spiritual growth. That, I think, is the key. We all serve the One, with varying degrees of consciousness and varying amounts of distorting self-interest and separation from the impersonal truth... Karma is the schoolmaster that invariably turns us, sooner or later, and time and again, to the crossroads of dharma.

"Knowledge protects, ignorance endangers."
"Love protects, fear endangers."
"Love and Knowledge dispel falsehood and turn evil to destroy itself."
Now I'm just being a pretentious @$$. No more words from me; it's the walk that counts. God sees all as it is, and forgives the repentant sinner who seeks grace and renewed opportunity to prove his love and test his faith.

BCii said:
the integral, boundless, free-form, poetic/artistic path of the Heart as exemplified by Les. If he is sincere and strong and pure of intent in his quest for the love and presence of the divine - and, personal shortcomings notwithstanding, I'm far from convinced that he isn't - then he may be protected and guided through any and all perils that even a psychedelically-influenced path might bring with it. He is insane, yes - but his pure and focused heart (if such it is) may assure him speedier success than may be in store for those who keep their sanity but remain bound by other limitations which he has seen fit to shatter through on his way to attaining the goal.

Well, it's kind of surprising that, assuming you have read all of this thread, that you would still come to this conclusion. From the point of view of those who have met him and observed him closely for quite some time, I would not, to put it mildly, like to bet that you are correct in your assessment of "Les".

But first things first:

Welcome to our forum. :)

Don't forget to check out Tips and advice for Newbies and the Forum Guidelines.

You might also want to read through the Diet and Health and EE-Breathing Program threads as well as the Recommended books by QFS. You also might be interested in the Knowledge and Being video made by Laura. It serves as an introduction to some of the concepts discussed here on the forum.

In the meantime, it's a good idea to bookmark the Cassiopaea Esoteric Glossary and the Cassiopedia, as they are very useful references that can be used when you encounter concepts/terminology that you may not be familiar with. They should be consulted before posting questions on the forum.

Note that there are some "off limits" areas to the forum that are restricted to all but active forum participants, and we ask you to please keep the noise down. You will also not be able to edit or delete your posts until you reach a minimum of 50 posts. In that respect, it pays to use the "Preview" button prior to posting your message so that you can see how your post will look to others.

Finally, there is so much information on this forum that before beginning a new thread or asking a question on a subject, it is recommended to use either the quick search function at the top of the page or the more advanced search function on the menu function.

Please note that on each section of the forum, you will see a sticky topic at the beginning of the list of topics. This sticky topic called " Important threads - "Name of the section of the forum " contains all the important threads that should be read by all members.

For members interested in delving deeper into the material, check our Comprehensive Guide for the Serious Reader.

Looking forward to your participation.

Hello,
I'm only writing this in the hopes of warning people. If I turn even one person from the dead end Les Visible represents then I will have counted the effort to write this as worth it.

I'm not as good at writing as Les Visible so please for forgive me for the plainess of my words.

In a recent blog posting he wrote: "Am I a Bodhisattva? Yes" Leaving aside the lack of humility, he later posted that he wanted to be friends with God. The two are mutally exclusive concepts. Les Visible would dismiss that as just words etc., but if words have no meaning then why does he bother to write at all, infact how can he? Obviously words have meaning when he wants them to, and when the meaning of the words would disgrace him, then they become meaningless.

The signs of spiritual attainment are almost commonsensical, but with common sense not being very common, have been laid down through the ages with little deviation. Evenness of mind is one such. Test Les Visible on this and he fails. Honesty is another. Again people can testify to his dishonesty, infact Les Visible testified against himself when he said he had finished commenting on the gathering and then proceeded to focus on nothing else. Compassion is another, in fact you could say it is the boat in which all the other virtues sail. He has shown himself to be mean spirited, and like any con, his benevolence always has a material or Karmic aspect.

Some will defend him and say he is justified in acting in the manner he does. That is just evidence he is just as like everyone else, so if you are looking for enlightenment just turn on the TV.

Les Visible testifies to his search for God, the truth etc with his mention of poverty, turning his back on his family etc... Poverty is not a vouchsafe for holiness, and any dead beat dad can claim moral superiority for claiming his relationship with God is more important.

His use of drugs to get messages however speaks more to his faith than his words which always have the tinge of justification. A life mis-spent can take on purpose if you assign it an invisible value apparently.

Anyone who believes there is no need for outward signs of inward holyness, but some self professed miracles, an ease at gabbling together words, being locked up in an insane asylm, and taking drugs may want to read over this and consider, some people who claim to have you best interests at heart don't.

http://www.harekrsna.org/iskgone/monkey/contents.htm

PS:

then he may be protected and guided through any and all perils that even a psychedelically-influenced path might bring with it.

There are many very bad men, both present and past who seemed to be protected and guided. That is why sometime you have to use your reason and not, as as Les Visible would demand, your lying heart.

Friday said:
Hello,
I'm only writing this in the hopes of warning people. If I turn even one person from the dead end Les Visible represents then I will have counted the effort to write this as worth it.

I'm not as good at writing as Les Visible so please for forgive me for the plainess of my words.

In a recent blog posting he wrote: "Am I a Bodhisattva? Yes" Leaving aside the lack of humility, he later posted that he wanted to be friends with God. The two are mutally exclusive concepts. Les Visible would dismiss that as just words etc., but if words have no meaning then why does he bother to write at all, infact how can he? Obviously words have meaning when he wants them to, and when the meaning of the words would disgrace him, then they become meaningless.

The signs of spiritual attainment are almost commonsensical, but with common sense not being very common, have been laid down through the ages with little deviation. Evenness of mind is one such. Test Les Visible on this and he fails. Honesty is another. Again people can testify to his dishonesty, infact Les Visible testified against himself when he said he had finished commenting on the gathering and then proceeded to focus on nothing else. Compassion is another, in fact you could say it is the boat in which all the other virtues sail. He has shown himself to be mean spirited, and like any con, his benevolence always has a material or Karmic aspect.

Some will defend him and say he is justified in acting in the manner he does. That is just evidence he is just as like everyone else, so if you are looking for enlightenment just turn on the TV.

Les Visible testifies to his search for God, the truth etc with his mention of poverty, turning his back on his family etc... Poverty is not a vouchsafe for holiness, and any dead beat dad can claim moral superiority for claiming his relationship with God is more important.

His use of drugs to get messages however speaks more to his faith than his words which always have the tinge of justification. A life mis-spent can take on purpose if you assign it an invisible value apparently.

Anyone who believes there is no need for outward signs of inward holyness, but some self professed miracles, an ease at gabbling together words, being locked up in an insane asylm, and taking drugs may want to read over this and consider, some people who claim to have you best interests at heart don't.

http://www.harekrsna.org/iskgone/monkey/contents.htm

PS:

then he may be protected and guided through any and all perils that even a psychedelically-influenced path might bring with it.

There are many very bad men, both present and past who seemed to be protected and guided. That is why sometime you have to use your reason and not, as as Les Visible would demand, your lying heart.

Very insightful Friday. Deserving of a round of applause, especially for a a first post! Welcome to the forum.

Hi Friday welcome :)

We encourage all of our new members to introduce themselves in the Newbies section (http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?board=39.0) -- telling a bit about yourself and how you found the forum. I look forward to your introduction and further participation!

Perceval,

Thanks for the welcome. I don't anticipate being very active here; I've been registered for years already without posting. I have an opinion on the Cassiopaean material based on what I've read of it and about it, but that's for a different thread and another time.

I seek truth. I don't claim to have found it. I can see the elements of naïveté and wishful thinking that are apparent in my first post (not to mention the narcissistic rambling toward the end, of which I am guilty a lot more often than I'd like to be). Les Visible is an extremely magnetic and gifted writer of prose and poetry, as well as being able to produce some very uplifting and beautiful spoken material for his 15-minute radio shows. His free-spirited nature and broad, inclusive approach resonate with a side of me that is frankly left cold by more conservative and dogmatic perspectives. I am out of line in defending him here, I suppose, and he certainly doesn't need or want me to intercede for him. But it is my nature to try to see the good in all things. It's recognizing and acknowledging the shadow side of things that needs more work on my part, but in my experience, being genuinely open to that ensures that it gets revealed sooner or later. Having read this thread and followed the discussion at Les' blogs, it's obvious to me that there is no black and white here, but shades of grey. No one has the objective view; least of all myself, since I know neither Les nor any of you personally, and was not witness to the facts of what went on.

I enjoy the LV blogs and the community and discussion there and find them useful enough to keep visiting. I don't want to be a groupie or blind follower of anyone, including Les. There is some purpose to everything, and it's usually not what we humans in our subjectivity imagine it to be.

It is my humble opinion that the heart can only lie due to the impurity it contains. All of us do carry it, so it's imperative to continually work on purifying ourselves if we want to cultivate a direct connection with spiritual truth (gnosis).

I read the prologue of Monkey on a Stick. All movements are subject to corruption and distortion over time, that should be obvious to anyone who has observed what happens with them. Not Les Visible and those who gather around him, nor Laura and the people here, are exempt from that. Which is why constant vigilance of both mind and heart is so paramount. Humility; sincerity; honesty; consistency; integrity of thought, word, and deed: these also are needed to keep one on the narrow path. We all fall short of these ideals. It is foolish to claim otherwise. It comes with being here on 3D Earth as a human soul. It's why we're here, to learn these things.

Hi BCii,

you wrote:

God sees all as it is, and forgives the repentant sinner who seeks grace and renewed opportunity to prove his love and test his faith.

you registered on 17 November 2008. can I ask you, did you read anything from the work here on the forum since then ?
you believe in god ?

BCii said:
All movements are subject to corruption and distortion over time, that should be obvious to anyone who has observed what happens with them. Not Les Visible and those who gather around him, nor Laura and the people here, are exempt from that. Which is why constant vigilance of both mind and heart is so paramount. Humility; sincerity; honesty; consistency; integrity of thought, word, and deed: these also are needed to keep one on the narrow path. We all fall short of these ideals. It is foolish to claim otherwise. It comes with being here on 3D Earth as a human soul. It's why we're here, to learn these things.

Well here's the thing; this forum is based upon research and objectivity (if you have been a member here for a while you would have picked that up). We make all possible efforts to get at the FACTS of any given situation and generally eschew subjectivity. Compared to "Les Visible's" subjective diatribes and guru-like proclamations, we stand head and shoulders above him in the area of taking measures to PREVENT corruption. We know however that we are not immune to it, and that serves as one measure of protection also. Les on the other hand is, from his writings, clearly of the opinion that he has his own personal "source" which he contacts via drug induced stupors. Les falls short on all counts of "humility; sincerity; honesty; consistency; integrity of thought, word, and deed", just a little of the evidence for that has been provided on this thread. Please present any evidence that the same is true for us.

Les shows no sign of being aware that he is here to learn anything from the point of view of an OBJECTIVE look at himself and reality. What you are saying here is dangerously close to the new age nonsense of "we are all one", which allows the worst psychopathic individuals to get away with the worst crimes.

Back
Top Bottom