Morton's Toes (second toe longer than the first)

Egyptian though my toes curl a bit and the second has an extreme bend. Probably to tight shoes while growing.

Thanks for starting this thread Dawn. I'm firmly in the 2nd toe longer camp and often used get mocked for having rather long second toes (still do occasionally). Good to know I can now proudly comeback with tales of Greek ancestry :)

monotonic said:
Mine are somewhere between Egyptian and Roman. The first and second toe are equal but the third toe is shorter and it decreases from there.

Mine as well, with the length looking neither long nor short, though I've never compared them directly with anyone else's. What I've always found strange about my feet is that I can spread my toes much more with my left foot. On my right, I can barely part my little toe with the one next to it, while on my left I can part them enough to fit another toe in there.

Mine are Greek. An old friend of mine used to jokingly call my second toe "The Javelin". My mother and at least one of my brothers have javelins too though we're all phenotypically of African descent but I heard that one of my great-great grandmothers might've been German.

Thanks for bumping this thread. It makes me feel like less of a freak, especially since seeing that others can pick stuff up with their feet too. :lol:

shellycheval said:
monotonic
Mine are somewhere between Egyptian and Roman. The first and second toe are equal but the third toe is shorter and it decreases from there.

So are mine. The big toe and the one next to it are equal in length then there is a noticeably larger gap between them and the last three toes, which are each shorter and slant to the outside like the Egyptian toes.
Interesting.

I think I figured this out. I wondered why the chart only had European foot forms; I wonder what the history of that diagram is. So I tried to find photos of native american feet and many of them seem to match the profile of our feet. What do you think?

I've been told I have close native American ancestry, but my grandmother won't talk about it because she doesn't want certain relatives to know which tribe (as far as I can tell).

I could certainly be wrong though since I've never studied ethnicities before and may confuse body features.

Odyssey said:
Thanks for bumping this thread.

Yes, it's michaelmeadow I should be thanking too for posting the ascendency image. (Note to self - check dates) Welcome toe the forum michaelmeadow :P Please introduce yourself in the newbies thread so we can learn more about you.

It makes me feel like less of a freak, especially since seeing that others can pick stuff up with their feet too. :lol:

I feel like that too. The overly dramatic shock some people have given my toes did make me think it was quite rare. So it is reassuring to know there's more Greek-footed folk out there. :)

Funny stuff. Mines seem to be a sort of Greek and Roman blend. Third toe is almost as long as the first one. The 2nd is bigger, but not so long. I think I could easily wear a 'squared' shoe if I had one :lol:

Mine are egyptian. But I have native american in my blood (great grandmother was supposedly 100% cherokee, pictures seem to corroborate this) Or so i'm told.

But I also obviously have african decent in there too. Makes me wonder just how similar Egyptian phenotypes are with sub Saharan's. And hey! I can pick things up with my feet too :lol:

Greek! Those come with perks - e.g., I can pick up dirty laundry off the floor with my feet... Twice as productive. :lol:

Mine seem to be a cross between Roman, and Greek. Also my second two toes are webbed, as are my mothers. Curious if anyone else has this?

Mine are Greek as well. And I used to pick stuff up with my feet as a kid.

And according to my DNA test, 3% of my DNA comes from Neanderthals (I think the average being 2.5%)

Back
Top Bottom