Russia Begins Operations in Syria: End Game for the US Empire?

T.C. said:
I don't know. When I first read that, it made me feel 'all warm inside', but after giving it a little thought, I think that kind of thinking just plays right into the hands of the Psychopaths?

I'm not saying those kinds of small things aren't important because to me they are, but I don't think they're enough. 'The Kingdom of Heaven is taken by force' comes to mind. I'm also reminded of Laura's opening questions in Secret History around why is the world in such a state when most people want to be good and do good things - before her experiences and study of psychopathy.

No, it's not just a case of being kind to one another, doing good little deeds. Knowledge of the nature of our reality and of psychopathy is the only thing that could possibly "hold evil in check". But no culture or civilisation has managed it in our entire history, so who knows?

Putin's doing a great job at the moment, anyway :)

Buddy said:
I agree, insofar as what has been said can be applied. This orientation of kindness acts and such are important, but as so many of us have already demonstrated, some kind of ability to defend ourselves and others is also necessary. Knowledge-based interactions that demonstrate the existence and importance of fundamental human values. There's little point in having all this knowledge and knowing those values if there's any unwillingness to defend them, I think. And actions influence the probabilities.

T.C. and Buddy, I totally agree, "just being kind" is definitely not the solution - we also need to be warriors and give the situation what it asks for, including standing up for what is right or leaving the scene without second thoughts. In the context of my earlier post, I included the Hobbit quote not so much because of the kindness aspect, but the idea that what we do in our daily lives, the small everyday struggles between Doing and mechanical reaction, do matter - even though we can't see it right then and can loose hope easily. And as the C's said in the latest session, these small steps can lead us to a different reality, in an incremental kind of way, osit.

Just an observation. I looked at the biggest Danish newspaper Jyllands Posten, the one with the Muhammed drawings and there is nothing, zilch, nada about Russia or Syria. Not even the blogs that get to stay a few days. Ok, this is just from the online version and maybe there is something in the printed version on page 59...
_http://jyllands-posten.dk/

In other words a complete media blackout. I guess they are waiting for some clear signals from Washington about how to interpret events without showing that the US has been shown to be naked and defending Al-Qaeda at all cost. Even to show that a number of US politicians are in favour of Russia's action would undermine the narrative about evil Russia they have carefully nurtured for years.

No word's Necessary.
Putin Shines, Obama continues to designate.
2CBD578E00000578-3248474-image-a-49_1443154869422.jpg

Obama-60-Minutes.jpg

Right Wing News
10 Oct, 2015
60 Minutes Says Putin is Challenging Obama’s Leadership. Then Obama Says This…
_http://rightwingnews.com/media/60-minutes-says-putin-is-challenging-obamas-leadership-then-obama-says-this/

Delusional or arrogant? I’m opting for arrogant. In a preview of the 60 Minutes’ interview of Obama tomorrow, Steve Kroft asks Obama about Putin challenging his leadership in the world. Obama stutters. Twice. Then he denies it. Says Russia is bankrupt and propping up its only ally. Wrong. Russia is not bankrupt. They have funneled most of their money into their military to beef it up and Obama knows it. Putin plays global Risk like no one else. He’s garnered real estate rich in oil and gas. The energy sector may be suppressed at the moment, but no one should fool themselves into believing Russia isn’t self-sufficient. As far as Syria being their only ally. Don’t make me laugh. Iran and China are both part of the New Axis of Evil and on the ground fighting with Russia. Because Putin is viewed as a strong horse now, allies are lining up in the wings. He’s evil, but the world doesn’t seem to care. They want protection from ISIS.

Obama-60-Minutes1.png

In a preview of an interview that airs on “60 Minutes” this Sunday, President Obama told Steve Kroft that he doesn’t know “in what way” Russia’s Vladimir Putin is challenging America’s leadership in the world. Oh really, Mr. President? Ground troops in Ukraine and Syria don’t count as a challenge?

Obama-60-Minutes2.png

Obama-60-Minutes2.png

We’re “literally speechless,” too.
Obama-60-Minutes3.png

Obama-60-Minutes4.png

Obama-60-Minutes4.png

We assume the interview was taped before this morning’s announcement that the U.S. was cancelling its program to train the Syrian rebels that Putin is using for target practice, because this would be a great follow-up question:

Obama-60-Minutes5.png

Yep, the “60 Minutes” interview confirms the situation’s gotten bad enough that even liberal media are starting to see it.

Too bad our president doesn’t.
I personally believe Obama is complicit in all that is going on with Russia and is playing dumb. And does anyone ask themselves what Russia, Iran and China plan on doing after Syria? You think they will just go back to their respective corners and behave? Not a chance. They believe the world is theirs to divvy up and that’s fine with Obama. As far as ISIS goes, Russia can wipe them out and that would be a good thing. But who’s going to take on Iran? Caliphates abhor a vacuum. You can always tell when Obama lies… he stutters. What Obama is saying in this interview is patently false and ridiculous. Even the liberal media realizes it. Wonder if they have an extinguisher handy to put out his pants during the interview? Obama lying on 60 Minutes is not must-see TV for me.

https://youtu.be/wib6cLJ99yY

One Edit:

Pashalis said:
According to this german mainstream article:

_https://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/ankara-anschlag-111.html

At least 10000 people are demonstrating against Erdogans government because of the bombings in which they are apparently involved.
And thousands of people in many other cities of turkey as well.

It could be that the situation in Syria has something to do with it IMO.

I'm still not sure what role Erdogan and his government really play.

It seems to me that Turkey may be a big part of how this may play out.

Yesterday, 10/10/2015 a Kurdish militant group PKK pledged a kind of truce with the Turkish government.

_https://www.rt.com/news/318224-kurdish-pkk-ceasefire-turkey/

Kurdish militant group PKK has declared it will halt attacks in Turkey ahead of the election next month. The announcement came hours after twin blasts killed dozens people at a rally of pro-Kurdish and leftist activists in Ankara.

The Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) has been waging a guerrilla war against the Turkish government for decades. Three months ago they ended a two-year-long ceasefire as Ankara launched a bombing campaign targeting Kurdish forces in Iraq.

The next day 10/11/2015 Turkish airstrikes kill 49 PKK members in Iraq. _http://www.worldbulletin.net/general/165157/turkish-airstrikes-kill-49-pkk-members?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

This is probably related to the bombing on 10/10/2015 of the demonstration in Ankara mentioned by Leo the Tracian.

Leo the Thracian said:
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/casualties-reported-after-two-explosions-in-ankara-ahead-of-peace-rally.aspx?pageID=517&nID=89674&NewsCatID=341

Leo the Thracian said:
Moments of explosion:

http://www.mp3http.top/source/music/moment-of-explosion-of-a-bomb-in-ankara-turkey.html

It appears that Erdogan and his government have at least chosen one role to play and is to attack the Kurdish "militant" group. But one man's "militant" is another man's freedom fighter I suppose.

Thinking about it: If russia decides to respond to the request of the Iraqi government to fight ISIS turkey will probably be not happy about it because they then can't "bomb PKK" anymore. Further I think the Iraqi and Afghani situation is more difficult then the syrian one. In syria there is already a big, good trained and loyal ground army to the government present, that can fight the war on the ground with the help of russian intel and bombs preparing the way.

In Iraq and Afghanistan on the other hand we can see that the ground military probably is not as such a good state because of years long infiltration from the US and destruction.

Pashalis said:
Thinking about it: If russia decides to respond to the request of the Iraqi government to fight ISIS turkey will probably be not happy about it because they then can't "bomb PKK" anymore. Further I think the Iraqi and Afghani situation is more difficult then the syrian one. In syria there is already a big, good trained and loyal ground army to the government present, that can fight the war on the ground with the help of russian intel and bombs preparing the way.

In Iraq and Afghanistan on the other hand we can see that the ground military probably is not as such a good state because of years long infiltration from the US and destruction.

That is what I have been thinking. It will become very dicey if Iraq asks Russia for aide I think.

Meanwhile, Russia hit 63 targets in Syria in past 24h. _http://www.worldbulletin.net/news/165152/russia-hit-63-targets-in-syria-in-past-24h :/

Pashalis said:

Yes, and the situation is even more delicate given that the construction of the Russian Stream Pipeline that is supposed to go through Turkey has now been temporarily postponed due to the ongoing political crisis in Turkey with the upcoming elections on 1st November. IMO, the results can potentially lead to big shifts in the whole Middle Eastern situation.

Aeneas said:
Just an observation. I looked at the biggest Danish newspaper Jyllands Posten, the one with the Muhammed drawings and there is nothing, zilch, nada about Russia or Syria. Not even the blogs that get to stay a few days. Ok, this is just from the online version and maybe there is something in the printed version on page 59...
_http://jyllands-posten.dk/

In other words a complete media blackout. I guess they are waiting for some clear signals from Washington about how to interpret events without showing that the US has been shown to be naked and defending Al-Qaeda at all cost. Even to show that a number of US politicians are in favour of Russia's action would undermine the narrative about evil Russia they have carefully nurtured for years.

In Denmark's second largest newspaper, Berlingske, they do cover the Syria situation. While they're very loyal to the MSM version, the fact that Russia is doing such a good job at counter-propaganda, they are also mentioning the fact that the 4 missiles that allegedly crashed in Iran have not been confirmed and have been denied by the Iranian government. They also mention the issue about ISIS driving around in brand new Toyota trucks. So while they're adhering to the American propaganda, the very fact that they're forced to mention this information to maintain some shred of credibility is a quite postive sign. So while they try to paint the actions of Russia and statements of Putin and Lavrov in a ridiculous light they're at least acknowledging them.

Putin and Lavrov - what a duo. Every time I read someting about what they do or what they say life becomes a little better :)

Eboard10 said:
Pashalis said:

Yes, and the situation is even more delicate given that the construction of the Russian Stream Pipeline that is supposed to go through Turkey has now been temporarily postponed due to the ongoing political crisis in Turkey with the upcoming elections on 1st November. IMO, the results can potentially lead to big shifts in the whole Middle Eastern situation.

Yes, all that is true. But it's hard to get specific details right now. It could be that the Russian-Iraqi statements are about getting Iranian logistics through Iraq into Syria. We'll have to wait and see. Right now, it doesn't seem Russia has enough military committed for all that needs to be done and the help being asked by Iraq (and Afghanistan - but in the Afghan case, there may be SCO and CSTO involvement rather than just Russia).

angelburst29 said:
Maintenance or up-grade?

US pulls aircraft carrier out of Persian Gulf as Russian ships enter
http://presstv.com/Detail/2015/10/10/432800/US-warship-Persian-Gulf

The United States has pulled the USS Theodore Roosevelt – a massive, nuclear-powered aircraft carrier – out of the Persian Gulf as Russian warships have entered the area.

Or ...... Putin jammed their Satellites "radar and communications systems?" Other than Nuclear Power - they were dead in the water?

Russia using electronic warfare to cloak its actions in Syria from Isis and Nato
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/russia-using-electronic-warfare-cloak-its-actions-syria-isis-nato-1523328

Fed up of the West's indecisiveness on dealing with the ongoing situation in Syria, Russia is now providing direct military air support to Syria, and it is using electronic warfare to jam Islamic State's (IS) communications, as well as to prevent Nato from detecting what it is up to, according to an electronic warfare expert.

Electronic warfare is the ability to manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum in order to sense where enemy targets are so that you can attack the enemy first, or to prevent the enemy from attacking you. Examples of things you can do with electronic warfare include communications jamming, radar jamming, reconnaissance and countermeasures using infrared, radio and electro-optical frequencies.

On 5 October, Russian military Krasukha-4, its mobile, ground-based electronic warfare systems, were spotted in Syria. The Krasukha-4 is a broadband multifunctional jamming station that is based on a BAZ-6910-022 four-axle-chassis and is able to neutralise low-Earth orbit (LEO) spy satellites such as the US Lacrosse/Onyx series, airborne surveillance radars and radar-guided ordinance at ranges between 150km-300km.

According to David Stupples, a Professor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Director of Electronic Warfare at City University London, the Krasukha-4 is being used by the Russian military to deny IS surveillance information and radio communications.

Russia against all of Assad's enemies

Russia has long been supporting Syria's president Bashar al-Assad, supplying arms and training to Syrian forces. However, the issue is that Russia isn't just there to get rid of Isis, but all of Assad's enemies, which include all the rebel groups who oppose his rule.

This contravenes with Nato's objective, which has been to also use electronic warfare to gather information about and hinder IS, and give it to friendly rebel forces. So, both Nato and Russia are now turning their state-of-the-art technologies against each other, on top of dealing with IS.

"Russia is aware that NATO surveillance assets are able to monitor all Syrian-based Russian military aircraft activity, including the rebel groups it is targeting, locations and weapons used. Some of these rebel groups are directly supported by the US and its allies which may result in Russia becoming in direct political conflict with Nato," Stupples writes in a piece for The Conversation.

"To avoid being spied on, Russia needs to blind the eyes and silence the ears of Nato reconnaissance and intelligence-gathering assets so its actions are not open to close scrutiny."

The problem is that the Krasukha-4 has already proved to be highly effective when used against Ukrainian forces in Donbas, according to Lt General Hodges, the commander of US Army Forces Europe.

"The quality of the electronic warfare [EW] capability that Russians have employed in eastern Ukraine, this is not something that you can create in the basement of your home," Hodges told Defense News in March.

"The Russians have continued to move forward with their EW modernisation. They have demonstrated the ability to completely shut down everything the Ukrainians are using in terms of communications."

A New Cold War?

Stupples says that the Krasukha-4 will definitely prove to be a thorn in the side of Nato: "Its surveillance systems will not only be able to monitor Nato aircraft movement over Syria but also the types, and from its intelligence it will know the frequencies used and signal characteristics present – Lacrosse satellites and AWACS operate in S-band, Sentinel (and similar) in X-band, and drones in J-band.

"Lacrosse/Onyx satellite positions are continually tracked by Russia. With this intelligence detail the Krasukha-4 can be programmed to engage in order to deny or disrupt Nato intelligence gathering."

On the plus side at least Nato forces have electronic counter counter measures (ECCM) that they can use against Russia, which will require Nato to dodge Russian jamming signals by jumping onto other frequencies, or pointing its antennas away from the jamming source.

"Of course, it would also be possible for Nato to jam the Russian surveillance radar, denying them of identification and positioning of Nato aircraft – but this would really ramp up the war of words with Vladimir Putin," Stupples concludes, adding that Russia's results using the Krasukha-4 against Nato will help it sell the system to other governments.

"We must also accept that the Krasukha-4 EW system is an essential part of the defence of Russian forces at the Latakia airfield in Syria and this must not be denied them."

I've read about the advanced capabilities of Russian Electronic Warfare systems for a while now. I think they know how to deal with the Empire and its NATO proxies' games just fine. There's been some evidence already here and there that, besides their air/space/missile systems being by far the best in the world, Russian EW systems are by far the best also.

After reading this:
http://sputniknews.com/russia/20151012/1028404275/terror-attack-moscow-isil-camps.html

Individuals who were arrested Sunday on suspicion of plotting a terrorist attack in Moscow had been trained in ISIL camps, the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) said Monday.

It occurred to me that Putin and crew are quite likely to utilize what the US has handed them as a way to eliminate a lot of problematic elements. This can be a good thing, or a bad thing. Thinking about Chavez, who had so many problems with the US backed agitators in his country, if he had such an "excuse" to contain them, it would have been one way to get things sorted out there. But that sword cuts both ways: madmen and psychopaths created it for their use, mainly, though good guys can utilize it if needed to eliminate the madmen and psychopaths.

In a society, pathological elements can do a lot of damage if they are not neutralized. Reading Lobaczewski's passages about schizoid psychopaths, and how they can deeply corrupt those whose minds are damaged or deficient in some way, is a good description of the problem.

The problem for good guys has always been that their hands are tied in dealing with pathological elements. We've had to deal with that in the forum here quite often. Our general approach is to allow the individual enough time and space to reveal their pathology so that members and outside readers understand clearly why they get banned. But sometimes, they still do damage to vulnerable minds, exactly as Lobaczewski describes.

Well, anyway, it occurs to me that this situation is a rather brilliant set-up for turning the tables on psychopaths. Russia can quickly and efficiently get rid of the US backed agitators because they are "terrorists." After all, the psychopaths are already using this method on innocent people...

Laura said:
After reading this:
http://sputniknews.com/russia/20151012/1028404275/terror-attack-moscow-isil-camps.html

Individuals who were arrested Sunday on suspicion of plotting a terrorist attack in Moscow had been trained in ISIL camps, the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) said Monday.

It occurred to me that Putin and crew are quite likely to utilize what the US has handed them as a way to eliminate a lot of problematic elements. This can be a good thing, or a bad thing. Thinking about Chavez, who had so many problems with the US backed agitators in his country, if he had such an "excuse" to contain them, it would have been one way to get things sorted out there. But that sword cuts both ways: madmen and psychopaths created it for their use, mainly, though good guys can utilize it if needed to eliminate the madmen and psychopaths.

In a society, pathological elements can do a lot of damage if they are not neutralized. Reading Lobaczewski's passages about schizoid psychopaths, and how they can deeply corrupt those whose minds are damaged or deficient in some way, is a good description of the problem.

The problem for good guys has always been that their hands are tied in dealing with pathological elements. We've had to deal with that in the forum here quite often. Our general approach is to allow the individual enough time and space to reveal their pathology so that members and outside readers understand clearly why they get banned. But sometimes, they still do damage to vulnerable minds, exactly as Lobaczewski describes.

Well, anyway, it occurs to me that this situation is a rather brilliant set-up for turning the tables on psychopaths. Russia can quickly and efficiently get rid of the US backed agitators because they are "terrorists." After all, the psychopaths are already using this method on innocent people...

It's pretty awe-some to see Putin at work. It seems he's constructed quite a defensive shied in the way he's positioned Russia. I had been wondering if the US et al. would try to organize a terror attack on Russia, particularly in the North Caucasus region using 'ISIL' Chechen terrorists. I don't know that they would actually follow through, since this could garner even more support for Putin and Russia. Plus, it sounds like Chechnya has been beefing themselves up against these kinds of threats.

I am certainly happy to see how brilliantly placed Russia's move is and how it uses the official narrative to make a move against the real narrative. However, I think we are entering even more sensitive times.

When I ask myself why a Europe that could oppose attacking Iraq a few years ago seems dead set on signing off on every move the Deep State makes currently, I wonder not only of blackmail material that has been gathered on politicians but also, and I am speculating here, of these politician's knowledge that the Deep State can launch color revolution-like operations in Western Europe. I think also that any political or corporate leader that has access to a well thought out risk profile must be aware that falling empires lash out. We may very well be in the stage where the part of the Deep State whose influence is threatened by Putin's current decisions could become desperate so to speak, and that desperation could lead to very ham-handed efforts to guard the status quo.

On the other hand, if taking into account how well prepared Putin and his advisers have been, they must have surely taken these aspects into account. I guess I can only finish this post with that ancient curse, "May you live in interesting times."

Laura said:
After reading this:

Regarding the news link above, there is another pretty interesting aspect to it, according to this german link:

http://de.sott.net/article/19565-Zufall-IS-Terroranschlag-in-Moskau-verhindert-Bombenmodell-gleicht-dem-in-Ankara

The russian investigators say that the way the bomb was build resembles the bomb in Ankara, that killed at least 100 people two days ago. Further the investigators suspect a linkage between this bombs in moskau and the ones that exploded in Ankara.

Today the EU- foreign ministers strongly came out against the russian attacks "on opposition groups" in syria. Russia should stop it according to them (or rather their US-masters). Further they clearly stated again, that Assad needs to be removed:

http://de.sott.net/article/19562-US-Diktat-EU-Auenminister-Russische-Angriffe-mussen-sofort-beendet-werden-und-Assad-muss-weg

Putin just gave a video interview on "Russia 1" where he also was asked about the discovered ISIS-Plot in Moskau:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NvwB6pmDoc

Unfortunately the interview is not yet available in english.

And Obama now thinks that iraq was a mistake and that "I've been skeptical from the get go about the notion that we were going to effectively create this proxy army inside of Syria" in his 60 minutes interview:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-11/obama-defends-failure-his-syria-policy-beligerent-60-minutes

Back
Top Bottom