Russia Begins Operations in Syria: End Game for the US Empire?

SeekinTruth said:
I've read about the advanced capabilities of Russian Electronic Warfare systems for a while now. I think they know how to deal with the Empire and its NATO proxies' games just fine. There's been some evidence already here and there that, besides their air/space/missile systems being by far the best in the world, Russian EW systems are by far the best also.

Yep, check out these two articles just posted to SOTT:

http://www.sott.net/article/303829-Russian-using-super-advanced-electronic-warfare-to-keep-NATO-ISIS-blind-in-Syria
http://www.sott.net/article/303828-Electronic-warfare-What-would-really-happen-if-Russia-invaded-Ukraine

Second one is unconfirmed, but quite fun.

It wasn't mentioned in the SOTT blog radio program Behind the Headlines, but I have kept thinking about some very likely allies, that just might turn up to the surprise of the empire.
I am thinking of Egypt and Algeria, both have had problems with ISIS and both close to Russia, even if Egypt has been a US ally for a long time.

Egypt, a state of 90 million people has a very powerful military with up to date US weapons. They even produce Abrams tanks under US license. Here from Wikipedia:
_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt

The Egyptian Armed Forces (EAAF) (Arabic: القوات المسلحة المصرية‎; Arabic pronunciation: [el qouwat el mosalaha el masriya]) are the military forces of Egypt and are the largest in Africa and the Middle East, and also one of the largest in the world. They consist of the Army, Navy, Air Force and Air Defense Command.

[...]
According to the former chair of Israel's Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee, Yuval Steinitz, the Egyptian Air Force has roughly the same number of modern warplanes as the Israeli Air Force and far more Western tanks, artillery, anti-aircraft batteries and warships than the IDF.[129] Egypt is speculated by Israel to be the second country in the region with a spy satellite, EgyptSat 1[130] in addition to EgyptSat 2 launched on 16 April 2014.[131]

Egypt has expressed that it approves of Russia's airstrikes in Syria and I saw a Danish article that mentioned that Russian and Egyptian paratroopers are planning a joint exercise later in October in the Sinai Peninsula. No source was cited though.

Algeria, a state of 40 million people have equally a very powerful army and spends the most on the African continent on arms. They are long time allies of Russia. According to Wikipedia:
_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algeria
Algeria has one of the largest militaries in Africa and the largest defence budget on the continent; most of Algeria's weapons are imported from Russia, with whom they are a close ally.[15][16]

[...]
Algeria has the second largest military in North Africa with the largest defence budget in Africa ($10 billion).[15]

In 2007, the Algerian Air Force signed a deal with Russia to purchase 49 MiG-29SMT and 6 MiG-29UBT at an estimated cost of $1.9 billion. It also agreed to return old aircraft purchased from the former USSR. Russia is also building two 636-type diesel submarines for Algeria.[84]

If as always a lot more is going on behind the curtain than in the public eye, then one could suspect that there is also at the minimum intensified contacts between these countries and Russia, as they also are suffering due to the instability that the US has created in North Africa and also have come under attack from ISIS.

Given how the wind is blowing and how the impotence and double-dealing of the empire is shown for even the blind to see, then new or renewed alliances will be on the offering.

China have kept quiet, but one could imagine that they are not far away if help is needed. They also have an interest in the conflict in Syria coming to an end, both for commercial reasons, but also to stop potential flow of Uighur extremists returning after the end of "training" in Syria.

I don't know about Egypt but actually there are lots of suspicious movements within the military in Algeria. There is a redistribution of power, and some rumors talk about a possible civil war withing the next six months or so. The "Arab spring" didn't take because of the experience of 1988 and what resulted in the next decade, but the situation is still very unstable and Russian diplomats warned the Algerian authorities a couple of years ago of some US plans of destabilization.

Aeneas said:
China have kept quiet, but one could imagine that they are not far away if help is needed. They also have an interest in the conflict in Syria coming to an end, both for commercial reasons, but also to stop potential flow of Uighur extremists returning after the end of "training" in Syria.

I'm wondering if the US sending it's ships to the China Sea is to keep China busy so that it can't help Russia in Syria (or wherever)? Or, if the US wants to try to get Russia to send some of its military to help China, which would divide Russian's military - having it fight on two fronts. I could certainly be wrong, and, well....I'm hoping some of you can point out to me just how I am wrong because I certainly would like to be wrong.

I

Nienna said:
Aeneas said:

I'm wondering if the US sending it's ships to the China Sea is to keep China busy so that it can't help Russia in Syria (or wherever)? Or, if the US wants to try to get Russia to send some of its military to help China, which would divide Russian's military - having it fight on two fronts. I could certainly be wrong, and, well....I'm hoping some of you can point out to me just how I am wrong because I certainly would like to be wrong.

I

Sounds plausible Nienna.

Renaissance said:
It's pretty awe-some to see Putin at work. It seems he's constructed quite a defensive shied in the way he's positioned Russia. I had been wondering if the US et al. would try to organize a terror attack on Russia, particularly in the North Caucasus region using 'ISIL' Chechen terrorists. I don't know that they would actually follow through, since this could garner even more support for Putin and Russia. Plus, it sounds like Chechnya has been beefing themselves up against these kinds of threats.

I think that it safe to say that President Putin has vision of how the global predictors thought process works and has since made advances for the security of his nation. This has been accomplished through the continued refinement of an elite fighting force called Spetsnaz Vityaz (604 Center Special Purpose)

I can see no global equal. Not even with the false flag psychopathic elements of Mossad no matter how much they may growl and spit.

They are a well disciplined, (with various forms of the marshal arts), well trained (composed of well educated high achievers ), well equipped (with all facets of all military equipment), for total domination of internal counter terrorist threat.

Though they may have had there rough beginnings (under different and previous administrations), they are now a much more tightly knitted and united fighting machine.

Published on Oct 7, 2015

https://youtu.be/dnxQxpyKxOI
Spetsnaz Vityaz (604 Center Special Purpose) - Win Yourself And You Will Be Be Invincible.
The detachment was originally designed as anti-terrorist unit. "Vityaz" regularly conducts operations to counter-terrorism patrols on the border of Chechnya and the Caucasus In addition, soldiers are trained to prevent disorder in prisons. More than 70 soldiers of the detachment were awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union and the Russian Federation for courage and heroism.

In the 70 years due to the increasing incidence of terrorism in Europe there is a need to have military units designed to perform a specific task responsible for the fight against terror. The Interior Ministry of the OCH, it was decided to establish a part of operative division of internal troops of the special units of permanent combat readiness, military personnel which would have special training to counter terrorism and other illegal activities.

In early 1978, work began on the formation and training of training company for special purposes (OCH). Set conscripts for this division was carried out from among the best athletes ODON solely on a voluntary basis.

The first operation, entrusted company, has been providing security at the Olympic Games in Moscow (1980).
In 1991 he was created a special purpose detachment "Vityaz". During the formation of the experience gained in OCH and similar units in Russia.

The idea to take the exam on the right to wear the beret was also born in the "Vityaz". The first commander "Vityaz" Sergey Lysyuk together with other officers developed criteria for special examinations, physical and tactical training, which are held in all divisions of the Interior troops so far.

"Vityaz" took part in the resolution of international conflicts that occurred on the territory of the former USSR. Together with a group "A" of the
in 1989 conducted a unique special operation to storm the temporary detention facility of Sukhumi, where riots broke out. In 1994-1996. participated in the disarmament of illegal armed formations in Chechnya. In 1996, the group participated in the battle near the village of Pervomaisky.

In 1999-2003. the group participated in many counter-terrorism operations in the North Caucasus. Also, "Vityaz" took an active part in special operations to eliminate the warlords in Chechnya.

In November 2002, Russian President Vladimir Putin at the opening ceremony of the monument to the soldiers of internal troops handed Gold Star of the Hero of Russian parents fighter detachment "Vityaz" Sergey Burnaeva, who died in the performance of military duty in Chechnya and award prizes posthumously.

In October 2002, a detachment "Vityaz" in conjunction with other special units of the Federal Security Service and the Interior Ministry of Russia took part in a special operation to eliminate the terrorists who seized hostages in the Dubrovka theater.

The detachment also participated in the anti-terrorist operation in Chechnya.
Vityaz former glory regained in the operation to force Georgia to peace in 2008,now Spetsnaz Vityaz fights against of terrorists in the North Caucasus.

They have the following tasks: Participation in the disarmament and the elimination of illegal armed groups, organized criminal groups, the suppression of mass disorders accompanied by armed violence, the withdrawal of the population illegally held weapons;

Participation in the suppression of acts of terrorism;

Participation in the removal of individuals who have seized hostages, important state facilities and special cargoes, facilities for communications, as well as buildings of state authorities;

Participation in ensuring security officials and citizens of the Russian Federation in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation.

Detachments Of Special Purpose Internal Troops Russia:
604 TSSN "Vityaz", Moscow
7th OSN "Rosich", Novocherkassk
12th OSN "Ural", Nizhny Tagil
15th OSN "Vyatich", Armavir
17th OSN "Edelweiss", Mineralnye Vody
19th OSN "Ermak", Novosibirsk
21th OSN "Typhoon", Khabarovsk
23th OSN "Obereg", Chelyabinsk
25th OSN "Mercury", Smolensk
26th OSN "Bars", Kazan
27th OSN "Kuzbass", Kemerovo
28th OSN "Ratnik", Arkhangelsk
29th OSN "Bulat", Ufa
33th OSN "Peresvet", Moscow
34th OSN, Grozny
35th OSN "Rus", Simferopol

http://www.systemaspetsnaz.com/free-videos
http://www.wapnode.com/videos/download/hlarYpBb0lc/Spetsnaz-Vityaz-Hand-To-Hand-Combat.html
220px-Vityaz.JPG

Laura said:
After reading this:
http://sputniknews.com/russia/20151012/1028404275/terror-attack-moscow-isil-camps.html

Individuals who were arrested Sunday on suspicion of plotting a terrorist attack in Moscow had been trained in ISIL camps, the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) said Monday.

It occurred to me that Putin and crew are quite likely to utilize what the US has handed them as a way to eliminate a lot of problematic elements. This can be a good thing, or a bad thing. Thinking about Chavez, who had so many problems with the US backed agitators in his country, if he had such an "excuse" to contain them, it would have been one way to get things sorted out there. But that sword cuts both ways: madmen and psychopaths created it for their use, mainly, though good guys can utilize it if needed to eliminate the madmen and psychopaths.

In a society, pathological elements can do a lot of damage if they are not neutralized. Reading Lobaczewski's passages about schizoid psychopaths, and how they can deeply corrupt those whose minds are damaged or deficient in some way, is a good description of the problem.

The problem for good guys has always been that their hands are tied in dealing with pathological elements. We've had to deal with that in the forum here quite often. Our general approach is to allow the individual enough time and space to reveal their pathology so that members and outside readers understand clearly why they get banned. But sometimes, they still do damage to vulnerable minds, exactly as Lobaczewski describes.

Well, anyway, it occurs to me that this situation is a rather brilliant set-up for turning the tables on psychopaths. Russia can quickly and efficiently get rid of the US backed agitators because they are "terrorists." After all, the psychopaths are already using this method on innocent people...

Three militants killed in Russia's Ingushetia, four detained — anti-terrorist committee
http://tass.ru/en/society/828011

MOSCOW, October 12. /TASS/. A security sweep in Ingushetia has resulted in the elimination of three militants.

The National Anti-Terrorist Committee has told TASS a group of gunmen had been spotted near the Gazi-Yurt village, the Nazran district.

"A crack unit of the Federal Security Service sealed off the area. In the shootout that followed three militants were killed and four others detained. The active phase of the operation is in progress," the NAC said.

According to the available evidence, the Nazran group is responsible for a number of terrorism-related crimes, including killings of law enforcers and civilians.

"It has been established that the gunmen had been plotting a terrorist attack," the NAC said. Checks are underway into the neutralized militants’ responsibility for other terrorist crimes.

None of the law enforcers or local civilians was hurt.

Pashalis said:
Regarding the news link above, there is another pretty interesting aspect to it, according to this german link:

http://de.sott.net/article/19565-Zufall-IS-Terroranschlag-in-Moskau-verhindert-Bombenmodell-gleicht-dem-in-Ankara

The russian investigators say that the way the bomb was build resembles the bomb in Ankara, that killed at least 100 people two days ago. Further the investigators suspect a linkage between this bombs in moskau and the ones that exploded in Ankara.

Well, apparently there are more interesting details. Like, for example, the fact that previous owner of the apartment was working in the financial office of the military representatives of the Ministry of Defense. They are the ones that are responsible for weapon contracts with foreign countries, etc. But the neighbors say, that this apartment was always populated by people of Asian (like from Caucasus) appearances.

To be honest, it made me think of all the similar apartments organized by FBI in the US. But then, Altair also mentions in his comment on Russian SOTT, that perhaps the bombing in Turkey was orchestrated not by ISIS, but by Turkish secret services or others, in order to sabotage a possible cooperation between Kurds and Russians against ISIS.

In any case, it sounds like Russians are going to use this opportunity, just like what Laura said:

Well, anyway, it occurs to me that this situation is a rather brilliant set-up for turning the tables on psychopaths. Russia can quickly and efficiently get rid of the US backed agitators because they are "terrorists." After all, the psychopaths are already using this method on innocent people...

c.a. said:

Notice how the response from people to the crumbling narrative from the US is that "Obama's delusional". People don't seem to understand that they, the public, have NEVER heard the truth about ANYTHING from a politician (with maybe a few exceptions). So when Russia provides the public with an opposing view, and that view makes sense because it is backed up by reality, the public think that US politicians are "delusional" because what they say doesn't make sense any more. Apparently the idea that a politician, especially the POTUS, would ever lie is the last thing they're willing to accept. When it should, in fact, be the first thing.

Some new developments by the U.S. Military ....

US Military Airdrops Tons of Ammo to New Rebel Group in Syria's North
http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151012/1028413080/us-airdrops-ammo-syrian-rebels.html#ixzz3oMtPxHzr

A group of US cargo aircraft airdropped overnight some 50 tons of small fire ammunition and explosives to rebels in northern Syria’s Hasakah province, CNN reported Monday citing a US official speaking on condition of anonymity.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — The broadcaster claimed that this was a first step in a US effort to boost support to what the White House refers to as moderate opposition forces fighting regular Syrian troops loyal to President Bashar Assad.

C-17 cargo planes dropped ammunition on 112 pallets to be retrieved by opposition fighters on the ground from a US-vetted group called by Washington the Syrian Arab Coalition.

According to the CNN, the newly-named Syrian anti-government force was first mentioned by Christine Wormuth, policy undersecretary at the US Defense Department, during Congressional testimony in September.

She said the group was being trained as part of a train-and-equip mission for anti-Assad opposition factions in Syria.

US military airdrops 50 tons of ammo for Syrian fighters, after training mission ends
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/12/us-military-airdrops-50-tons-ammo-for-syrian-fighters-after-training-mission/

The U.S. military airdropped 50 tons of small arms ammo and grenades in northern Syria on Sunday, a senior defense official told Fox News, representing the Pentagon’s shift from training rebel fighters to equipping them.

Coming just two days after the Defense Department announced it was effectively ending its current training program, the airdrop delivery was made Sunday by four C-17 transport aircraft. The 112 pallets contained ammunition for M-16s and AK-47s.

“All the pallets reached friendly forces,” the official said, adding that the drop “looked similar to what we did in Kobani.” This referred to one of the few bright spots in the war against the Islamic State when the U.S. military dropped weapons to Syrian Kurdish fighters, known as the YPG, who successfully expelled ISIS from the Turkish-Syrian border town of Kobani earlier this year.

This time, the official said Syrian Kurds were not recipients of the U.S. airdrop — only Syrian Arabs fighting ISIS. There is sensitivity in Washington over arming Syrian Kurds, whom Turkey sees as an enemy but the U.S. counts as a NATO ally.

The 50 tons of supplies were airdropped into Al-Hasakah province, home to Syrian Kurds, Arabs and a minority Assyrian community.

US Begins Removing Patriot Missiles from Turkey
http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/2015/10/11/us-begins-removing-patriot-missiles-from-turkey/73787688/

ANKARA, Turkey — The United States has started pulling its Patriot missiles stationed on Turkish soil, Turkish officials said.

"We do not think this is the best time to withdraw these batteries," said one senior Turkish diplomat. "This is a delicate time for our border with Syria."

US Patriot missiles were deployed at the Gaziantep 5th Armored Brigade Command in southeastern Turkey after the country appealed to its NATO allies to guard against any missile threat from Syria.

In August, Germany said it would end its contribution to the anti-missile mission in Turkey. It was followed by a US announcement that said Washington informed Ankara that it would not renew the Patriot mission due to end in October. Earlier, the Netherlands said it would pull its Patriot systems from Turkey.

The US withdrawal of the Patriot systems started when the batteries were brought to Turkey's Mediterranean port of Iskenderun.

The pull out was initiated despite an Oct. 8 appeal by Turkey to its NATO allies.

The US move also coincided with NATO statements that the alliance was prepared to send ground forces to defend its member state.

The Mujahedeen e-Khalq (MEK): The US Prepares to Back a New Terrorist Army in Iran, Prelude to a Wider War?
http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-mujahedeen-e-khalq-mek-the-us-prepares-to-back-a-new-terrorist-army-in-iran-prelude-to-a-wider-war/5481273

As US attempts to extort a settlement in Syria built on regime-change, US senators and generals conspire to arm and back a new terrorist army aimed at Iran.

An October 7, 2015 hearing before the US Senate Committee on Armed Forces (SASC) titled, “Iranian Influence in Iraq and the Case of Camp Liberty,” served as a reaffirmation of America’s commitment to back the terrorist organization Mujahedeen e-Khalq (MEK) and specifically 2,400 members of the organization being harbored on a former US military base in Iraq.

Providing testimony was former US Senator Joseph I. Lieberman, former US Marine Corps Commandant and former Supreme Allied Commander Europe General James Jones, USMC (Ret.), and Colonel Wesley Martin, US Army (Ret.).

All three witnesses made passionate pleas before a room full of nodding senators for America to continue backing not only MEK terrorists currently harbored on a former US military base in Iraq, but to back groups like MEK inside of Iran itself to threaten the very survival of the government in Tehran.

goyacobol said:
Perceval,

I think you have really summed up the situation. I am in the middle of reading The Gods of Eden by William Bramley and the history, especially the secret organization history, points out the constant dialectic problem/reaction/solution tactics. The creation of factions even under the umbrella of supposedly the same basic organizations under different names with different ideologies to gather us into useful tools for the greater purposes of destruction goes on and on. It is a destruction on all levels for us as you point out.

I have honestly had to wrap my head around the idea that Putin would be able to be a positive force that could make such an important difference. But more and more I see that his strength is what many respect and admire. I also think that it is the kind of strength he is displaying which includes a sense of conscience and justice that is gradually convincing me that the Cs gave us an accurate clue about his character. After all I have not completely escaped the programming that you mentioned for "commies" and "terrorism".

Putin is definitely "doing what it doesn't want to do" as far as the predator mind I think. :/

Hi goyacobol, you could also think about it this way: Putin himself (and his government) is being 'used' by higher forces to ensure a level of balance and free will is maintained on our planet. So there's no need for anyone to get bogged down in thoughts about seeing some kind of 'savior' in Putin and worrying about being mistaken and that Russia will just end up doing what the US has done. This is a time of 'unveiling' and that 'unveiling' is simply being facilitated by the person incarnated as Putin. As the Cs have said, 'don't deify anyone'. If you want to be a follower of something, follow the Truth and love, and praise anyone who serves as a vehicle for those two 'beautiful faces of god'.

Perceval said:
goyacobol said:
Perceval,

I think you have really summed up the situation. I am in the middle of reading The Gods of Eden by William Bramley and the history, especially the secret organization history, points out the constant dialectic problem/reaction/solution tactics. The creation of factions even under the umbrella of supposedly the same basic organizations under different names with different ideologies to gather us into useful tools for the greater purposes of destruction goes on and on. It is a destruction on all levels for us as you point out.

I have honestly had to wrap my head around the idea that Putin would be able to be a positive force that could make such an important difference. But more and more I see that his strength is what many respect and admire. I also think that it is the kind of strength he is displaying which includes a sense of conscience and justice that is gradually convincing me that the Cs gave us an accurate clue about his character. After all I have not completely escaped the programming that you mentioned for "commies" and "terrorism".

Putin is definitely "doing what it doesn't want to do" as far as the predator mind I think. :/

Hi goyacobol, you could also think about it this way: Putin himself (and his government) is being 'used' by higher forces to ensure a level of balance and free will is maintained on our planet. So there's no need for anyone to get bogged down in thoughts about seeing some kind of 'savior' in Putin and worrying about being mistaken and that Russia will just end up doing what the US has done. This is a time of 'unveiling' and that 'unveiling' is simply being facilitated by the person incarnated as Putin. As the Cs have said, 'don't deify anyone'. If you want to be a follower of something, follow the Truth and love, and praise anyone who serves as a vehicle for those two 'beautiful faces of god'.

That was great Perceval, that's the way I see it. :hug2:

Pashalis said:
And Obama now thinks that iraq was a mistake and that "I've been skeptical from the get go about the notion that we were going to effectively create this proxy army inside of Syria" in his 60 minutes interview:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-11/obama-defends-failure-his-syria-policy-beligerent-60-minutes

Interesting interview. And interesting also who the interviewer, even when he is supposed to be quite tough on Obama, is implicitly falling into the traditional 'USA is number 1' narrative. It is no surprise, of course - otherwise he would not be on a mainstram outlet.

So the statement "Mr Putin is challenging your leadership" implies that the crux of the matter is that someone is trying to be no. 1 instead of the US. "He is bombing the people we support", buys into the lie that the US was backing "moderate rebels" (which there are none) and that they are firmly against ISIS. What the interviewer is missing is that those are all lies.

So the main problem is not "Obama's" incompetence (it's not even him because he is not really in charge), but the fact that all they have said about ISIS, the war on terror and foreign interventions in general, is a big fat lie, and Putin's actions are making it crystal clear for anyone who is bothering to read beyond CNN's headlines.

And yes, as a consequence, the "leadership" of the US is being challenged.

I think it is more in line of filling the cracks and trying to substitute their weakened position in ME by applying more pressure in other areas. It is not really that Russia needs help, it uses only a small part of its air force, even if involved in ground operations it could handle it by it s own, it is IS in the end - 3th grade power on constant life support, any involvement would be symbolic and sending the message. China also does not need any help, for what? They are not in any war, this would be app-liable if only in war with NATO, that is major powers, and if being in dire situation, in the end China has the numerous population and army so NATO would be in more dire situation. And it is not classical or medieval age, even then there were more armies that state had. Russia is divided in sectors, east, west, central, etc... every sector has it s army, so while one sector is involved in the case of war in the east other is in the west and capable of doing it s tasks by it s own.

Back
Top Bottom