Squatting, the Best Toilet Posture

abstract said:
using a platform like this would be much safer than putting your feet on the toilet bowl.

Lol, I think i'll be okay without a platform, i'm a short, skinny, 135 pounder. I just don't envision myself breaking the seat or falling off, I think i'm a little too physically balanced for that. :lol:

:lol: Same here! I roughly weigh 135. Who knows, maybe my quads will strengthen and I'll build up more leg muscle or something. It'll be my isometric exercise for the day.

Heimdallr said:
I can see how that would be, but generally it takes a lot of strength and energy to squat, even for a short time, and it is stressful on the knees and ankles to squat for some people. So I don't know how useful it would be for people who aren't healthy and low on energy.

I wonder just how much of the standard sore joints and low energy problems are a result of toxic buildup, and how much squatting would help eliminate more of those very toxins. Maybe it's kind of a catch 22.

From experience, the "leaning forward" and "pulling your knees up" methods don't do much.

Thus, I have decided to construct the ScwottMaster 500 to test my theory!
:lol:

I wonder just how much of the standard sore joints and low energy problems are a result of toxic buildup, and how much squatting would help eliminate more of those very toxins.

i'd have to agree about that! I do feel less toxic after a few weeks of squatting. Like I said, I used to get these horrible stomach pains in the morning, pepto bismol didn't usually work.

I haven't woken up with a stomach pain in at least a week or two, promise. It is by far, the single best (and the EASIEST) lifestyle change i have made so far, along with EE, and drinking

distilled water instead of tap. Those three things are a definite kickstart to good health, imo. :D

abstract said:
i'd have to agree about that! I do feel less toxic after a few weeks of squatting. Like I said, I used to get these horrible stomach pains in the morning, pepto bismol didn't usually work.

Well, I must admit I was a bit reluctant to modify my normal routine. But I figured that if I could do coffee enemas, this was nothing!

It's actually a lot easier to do than it might seem, and without any fancy equipment or platforms or anything. And it does make the whole elimination process a lot easier.

The end result after only 4 days is that the frequency of bowel movements has increased. According to my favorite doctor, humans are supposed to have 1 bowel movement for each meal. I'm almost there, and I DO feel better. Less... cluttered, I guess you could say!

So, I shall continue my experiment and see what happens next.

The one thing that really slays me is that even something as simple as how one goes to the bathroom has been manipulated and twisted into something potentially harmful, or at least "less healthy". I mean, is NOTHING sacred?! Sheesh.

I have to say that I burst out laughing several times whilst reading this thread.

I find it extremely difficult to discuss this topic on a public forum.
Could be some anally retentive program :)

I've encountered a lot of Turkish (they are also called French ) toilets in Balkans, Italy and other parts of Europe. It was always very unpleasant and uncomfortable experience, such toilets have loads of hygienic concerns the biggest one being that splash.
I remember when I was serving the army Turkish toilets were quite common and they use to pour chlorine acid in these toilets for disinfection. Many people ended up with nasty chemical burns in private parts due to vapors.

My son had constipation for nearly one and a half years, going once every 5 days with lots of pain and often accompanied by anal fissures. My brother, an avid "squatter" for many years now, suggested we teach him to squat. We did and within two weeks, he was going once every 3 days with less and less anal fissure problems over time. Homeopathy helped to get him going daily.

Even to this day, he prefers to squat and it helps him avoid bleeding with harder evacuations.

ugly duckling said:
My son had constipation for nearly one and a half years, going once every 5 days with lots of pain and often accompanied by anal fissures. My brother, an avid "squatter" for many years now, suggested we teach him to squat. We did and within two weeks, he was going once every 3 days with less and less anal fissure problems over time. Homeopathy helped to get him going daily.

Even to this day, he prefers to squat and it helps him avoid bleeding with harder evacuations.

I've been doing this as well for the last three weeks or so, and I can notice a huge difference. Once I got used to it, it was harder to not do it 'cause the results are so beneficial. Seriously, if anyone hasn't tried this yet, at least give it a try.

Stormy Knight said:
I find it extremely difficult to discuss this topic on a public forum.

Yea, it "feels" weird to discuss it in public, but if we can't discuss all aspects of being healthy 'cause it's embarassing, then aren't we allowing ourselves to be manipulated?

ugly duckling said:

Sorry to hear that your son was going through so many issues with going to the bathroom. I'm glad to hear that squatting is helping him have an easier time evacuating. I've found squatting to be much more efficient. I used to have random lower abdominal pains when going to the bathroom sometimes, but not lately.

I figured i would just report that i used to have hemerroids, and the squatting was half the battle with those things, after i changed my diet, they vanished completely!!

Never needed drugs, creams, etc. just lifestyle changes! :lol:

abstract said:
I figured i would just report that i used to have hemerroids, and the squatting was half the battle with those things, after i changed my diet, they vanished completely!!

Never needed drugs, creams, etc. just lifestyle changes! :lol:

Exactly! It's the simple changes that make the difference. Way to go. :)

ozrich said:
[...]
When I was in China, in the eighties, shortly after borders to western tourism were opened, I went to the public toilet there once.
As I walked in, I saw two rows of squatting man, each covered with open newspaper.
[...]

In Japan many public washrooms still have the squatter toilets in the ground. Apparently they were doing something right.... I guess I should make more use of them but I still find myself almost completely undressing to use them due to my fear of having any "accidents" with what I'm wearing (not that I've had any)! :D

At least the stalls are quite private here so you can take your time I guess... and not get walked in on by a random person :P

japanese_toilet.jpg

Forgot to add, I too feel much more 'emptied' when I squat and have a much easier time at it as well!

Since we are at it, there is another trick while squatting for specially hard or XL sized stools causing difficult starts which involves pressing with one or more fingers right from the tail bone down towards the anus...sorry if it is inappropriate but since hard stools were mentioned thought someone could benefit from it, it saves the kind of initial effort :mad: in pushing that could cause bleeding or hemorroids.

For constipated babies the traditional remedy where I live is to carve a thin bullet out of soap, make it wet as to smoothen it and carefully and repeatedly (pausing shortly after each time) insert it in the baby anus just enough to provoke the kind of contractions needed to evacuate, baby should be lying face down, bent kness toward the chest. Works wonders, beware of jet emissions... :lol:

:cool2: :-[ :cool:

For constipated babies

I'm not a parent so i'd have no clue, but that strikes me as odd, why would a baby become constipated?

And I'm not insulting your intelligence but a piece of soap? I'd hope to god it isn't commercial soap, which is known to contain

fermaldohyde, which is toxic to humans.

Milk formula, too early weaning, processed foods, too much solids... and many other reasons in my case it was too early weaning and too much solids too soon.

If you ask around modern parents that give formula or processed foods to their kids you will be surprised to hear some babies evacuating 1 in 4 days or more systematically. Ask any general practitioner or doctor also if babies/infants do become constipated and why, it will strike you as odd for the opposite reasons, ie the number of them...

I used organic soap, and even with commercial soap I wouldn't worry because you don't insert it so much as to leave anything inside long enough, it is just a means of stimulating contractions if you know what I mean, and once the contraction starts, the evacuation follows. Not all commercial soaps are the same also or contain fermaldohyde.

I know it might sound a little harsh, but it is effective and babies are greatly relieved, every parent knows it the hard time a constipated baby goes through.

Tx
Pd. My intelligence has shown no signs of offense.

I looked up some names for formaldehyde, as I didn't know it's in soap products:

http://www.pure-n-simplesoap.com/chemicals/385-formaldehyde-in-products-such-as-shampoo/ said:
Formaldehyde has many names and there are many formaldehyde releasing preservatives such as quaternium-15 that are found on the labeling of most cosmetic and personal care products.

http://www.greenlivingtips.com/articles/62/1/Toxic-formaldehyde.html said:
...it's really a case of carefully examining the products you buy and not just looking for the ingredient 'formaldehyde', but also by its other names such as methyl aldehyde, methylene oxide, oxymethylene and oxomethane.

FWIW

Back
Top Bottom