Squatting, the Best Toilet Posture

eliansito said:
I used organic soap, and even with commercial soap I wouldn't worry because you don't insert it so much as to leave anything inside long enough, it is just a means of stimulating contractions if you know what I mean, and once the contraction starts, the evacuation follows. Not all commercial soaps are the same also or contain fermaldohyde.

Even if the soap is only inserted for a short period of time, it could still cause irritation if it is a commercial soap. I've seen people have reactions to the tiniest bit of commercial soap if they are sensitive to the additives. Natural soap, without any artificial ingredients would probably be a safer option.

Okay, these last few posts here, starting with eliansito's, is why I love this forum, this type of interaction right here, love it!

I know this may be obvious but I just wanna point out that this was a fine example of networking.

Eliansito brings in an idea, suggestion, what have you, and then I ask a question. Our posts prompted

3d student to perform a lil' research, and manitoban offers personal experience to top it off.

Now we know! :D

For the sake of further clarification, I only had to do that once with my son, it is a sort of mechanical emergency solution to a mechanical problem. If the problem is recurrent or caused by something less mechanical the method is out of question and other options and long term solutions should be considered.

Also be said that soaps bars are the most common type of soap used here and there are all kinds of types some more sophisticated than others.

'formaldehyde' is one of those ubiquitous chemicals difficult to avoid...recently in Indonesia where I live there has been a nationwide kind of scandal where it was used by fishermen to preserve fish at the ships because of ice being too costly, and also in TOFU! which was really scary since it is one of the staple foods here and it is so cheap that the use of such dangerous chemical made all the sense for producers without moral considerations. (1 bag of fresh tofu containing 6 pieces of it sized like half a pack of cigarettes costs only 0.1 U$) Carrefour for example still hangs certificates that their fish is free of it in their fish section.

R

First, thank you Masamune to bring up this subject. It is always unbelievable feeling when I found another treasure here on forum.

I'm fighting with hemorrhoids for decades. Surely, I'm going to try this methods.

In Croatia minimal conditions to open any kind of restaurant, catering or any kind of tourism facilities is that toilet have a toilet seat, and squatting is not allowed. :rolleyes: I remember that my mother before always told me how is grows that people still keep this things in their restaurant. And I always had this disgust towards squatting.

Now, after this and articles included, especially this one: Health Benefits of the Natural Squatting Position I'm so eager to try this.

This article is pretty old and I wonder is there some one that has tried this and tell me what has changed in his health?

Also, there is a lot of problems with hemorrhoids among the people, I hope this help some else too.

Dakota said:
First, thank you Masamune to bring up this subject. It is always unbelievable feeling when I found another treasure here on forum.

I'm fighting with hemorrhoids for decades. Surely, I'm going to try this methods.

In Croatia minimal conditions to open any kind of restaurant, catering or any kind of tourism facilities is that toilet have a toilet seat, and squatting is not allowed. :rolleyes: I remember that my mother before always told me how is grows that people still keep this things in their restaurant. And I always had this disgust towards squatting.

Now, after this and articles included, especially this one: Health Benefits of the Natural Squatting Position I'm so eager to try this.

This article is pretty old and I wonder is there some one that has tried this and tell me what has changed in his health?

Also, there is a lot of problems with hemorrhoids among the people, I hope this help some else too.

Hi Dakota, I came across this info a while back and I must say the squatting position makes sense: we didn't evolve to empty our bowels while sitting down, we squatted to do it for good couple of million of years before someone decided they preferred to be sitting down ;)

I bought one of those toilet squat stools that make your body imitate the squatting position while you're actually sitting down on the toilet seat. I bought one of these as the area where you rest your feet fits around the toilet seat nicely and if you don't want to use it, you just leave it under the toilet. I live with other people who don't want to use it so this solution works for all of us. But if you have freedom to arrange your toilet furniture however you want you can just buy a stool to rest your feet on.

However, one benefit of buying the actual squat stool is that your feet are a little bit on the sides of your body, which is exactly what happens when you squat naturally. Using a normal stool or footrest means that your feet are in front of you. I tried both and the squat stool feels more comfortable.

I must say I have in fact felt kind of lighter since I started to use the stool! I got mine online and if you just type in "toilet squat stool" you should find it easily.

Here is a picture of a squatting stool:

91n_CYIAo_Gz_L_SL1500.jpg

Dakota said:
(...)
(...)

I wasn't addressing any specific health conditions with the stool, more like taking precaution really. But like I said above, I do feel kind of 'lighter' after leaving the toilet. I guess that's a good thing :)

As for hemorrhoids, I think I only had that problem once in my life. It was self-diagnosed so it could have in fact been something else but I started to look for natural remedies straight away. I found lots of forums where people recommended coconut oil and garlic applied directly on the 'affected area'. I tried it and it helped because the issue never came back.

It's easy to do really: I just crushed a clove of garlic, gave it like 5 minutes and then applied it. But brace yourself because it hurt me sooooo bad I literally felt sick in my stomach. Maybe coconut oil was recommended to soften the blow :P I kept it there for what felt like the longest couple of minutes in my life and luckily for me it was all worth it. It's been three years now and there's been not a sign of the problem since.

Most testimonials I found online mentioned people using it whenever the problem got worse so I guess the remedy doesn't always make the issue go away for good. But maybe you could read up about it and see if it's something you think would be worth a try?

Ant22 said:
It's easy to do really: I just crushed a clove of garlic, gave it like 5 minutes and then applied it. But brace yourself because it hurt me sooooo bad I literally felt sick in my stomach. Maybe coconut oil was recommended to soften the blow :P I kept it there for what felt like the longest couple of minutes in my life and luckily for me it was all worth it. It's been three years now and there's been not a sign of the problem since.

Most testimonials I found online mentioned people using it whenever the problem got worse so I guess the remedy doesn't always make the issue go away for good. But maybe you could read up about it and see if it's something you think would be worth a try?
:scared: Are you sure about this, really, garlic and so precious spot on our body ;). I'm just joking. Gonna try for sure, but this sound veeeeery bad ;).

Also, on German sott.net there is excellent article but is in German, if someone want to check out who knows German and having the same problems.

Dakota said:
:scared: Are you sure about this, really, garlic and so precious spot on our body ;). I'm just joking. Gonna try for sure, but this sound veeeeery bad ;).

Also, on German sott.net there is excellent article but is in German, if someone want to check out who knows German and having the same problems.

Well, to be honest this was the closest I ever got to looking like one of those cartoon characters whose eyeballs are popping out of their eye sockets and there's steam coming out of their ears. And my mom concluded this was by far the craziest episode of self-experimentation I had ever attempted. But hey, it worked for me although I'm not sure if the problem was actually hemorrhoids :umm:

There's also an article on English SOTT about the squatting position in the loo and it mentions using a stool under your feet and leaning forward https://www.sott.net/article/296637-The-truth-about-poo-We-re-doing-it-wrong :)

Dakota said:

I had hemorrhoids a couple of years ago and used this stuff and it worked very well:

https://www.amazon.com/Mayinglong-Musk-Hemorrhoids-Ointment-Cream/dp/B000F34TCC/

It's a chinese herbal remedy. I think it took all three tubes (one item is 3 tubes) to clear them up.

It is some weird pink goop, but it worked and I've never had the problem again.

I'm no longer ashamed to admit that I perch like a bizarre toilet gargoyle.
If I ever have a chance to customize my own home I'm definitely getting an eastern style toilet.

Foxx said:
I had hemorrhoids a couple of years ago and used this stuff and it worked very well:
https://www.amazon.com/Mayinglong-Musk-Hemorrhoids-Ointment-Cream/dp/B000F34TCC/
It's a chinese herbal remedy. I think it took all three tubes (one item is 3 tubes) to clear them up.

Thank you Foxx, for now squatting really helps. But I will keep in my mind your recommendations.

Just a little anecdote, seeing mentions of squatting being uncomfortable and/or impossible for a lot of people. On the trains in China, and on most public restrooms for that matter, they only have squatting toilets. I saw a woman that must have been more than eighty years old enter that bathroom, and I saw her come out as well. She walked with a hunch, and certainly had all the traits of being rather old, but it seems lifelong practice allows this to continue far beyond the age that what would be considered safe and/or recommended in western countries.

PS. They do have two handles you can hold on to in the train bathrooms, so the balancing act is somewhat easier than without any support.

I don't know whether squatting has ever helped me. We have squatting toilets over here in Malaysia, in fact my office has both types, so I'm spoilt for choice! Well, after reading this, I will try it out again tomorrow to see if anything has changed. However, we've already pre-ordered the normal water closets for our new place.

I have started Hatha Yoga classes too, and that is definitely created a world of a difference in terms of general body sense, and it's supposed to help with the "regularity" as well. In fact, I like Yoga so much that I'm doing it almost every day. It helps with connecting a restless ungrounded mind to the real living body.

This is such a funny thread :lol:

The Perfect Position to Poop
proper-pooping-position-saag.jpg
Story at a glance:
+ When you sit on a typical toilet, your puborectalis muscle, which is involved in bowel control, cannot fully relax
+ This is why you may need to push or even strain in order to have a bowel movement While squatting, the puborectalis muscle relaxes fully, making elimination easier, which is why many experts believe squatting is the perfect position to poop

Attachments

• proper-pooping-position-pdf.pdf
    165.7 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom