Strange sounds In The Sky: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping

Re: Strange sound in Kiev August 11th

Pashalis said:
I would like to mention that dutchsinse is desinfo. you can make a search about him here.

he just made the compilation (OSIT) of those sounds but I kind of dislike to see him mentioned on SOTT.

I agree. That one slipped past me. But by the time I saw it on sott, it already had comment exchanges going on so I decided to leave it.

I posted the Nîmes video on my FB wall, and a friend posted a sequence from a movie called Red State :

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ItD6dQa5ncw#t=31s

(be advised that the beginning of the video is violent, just follow this link to avoid an unnecessary shooting scene)

Polonel said:
I posted the Nîmes video on my FB wall, and a friend posted a sequence from a movie called Red State :

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ItD6dQa5ncw#t=31s

(be advised that the beginning of the video is violent, just follow this link to avoid an unnecessary shooting scene)

Most interesting.

However, that doesn't explain this one (three different recordings):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5YjbQFIIVs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLXrw2iZ99Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Rh1YC41wA

But yeah, it's not exactly like the Kiev sound and others which ARE suspiciously similar to the sounds in the movie clip above.

I begin to have serious doubts about the Nîmes video. The user, SebzDu30, created his account the same day he uploaded the strange sounds video, plus 6 other videos, which are actually electro-house songs. I don't know. I wouldn't probably upload dancefloor sounds immediately after uploading a video featuring mysterious sounds from the sky.

Polonel said:
I begin to have serious doubts about the Nîmes video. The user, SebzDu30, created his account the same day he uploaded the strange sounds video, plus 6 other videos, which are actually electro-house songs. I don't know. I wouldn't probably upload dancefloor sounds immediately after uploading a video featuring mysterious sounds from the sky.

I would. Why not. Ive seen a few strange thing throughout the years and still went home and had my tea :D

Having said that , the movie made in 2011 clip seems to be where the idea has come from unless the sounds pre date the movie. Or the movie people know more than we do. Hmmm-

Away With The Fairys said:
Having said that , the movie made in 2011 clip seems to be where the idea has come from unless the sounds pre date the movie. Or the movie people know more than we do. Hmmm-

One thing that catches my attention is that, according to polyvagal theory, the human nervous system is designed to go into fight/flight or freeze mode when very low frequency sounds are heard. The explanation for it was that it was probably an evolved defense against predators who roar, but that never made a lot of sense to me. Predators that roar usually don't do it while they are stalking you.

Laura said:
One thing that catches my attention is that, according to polyvagal theory, the human nervous system is designed to go into fight/flight or freeze mode when very low frequency sounds are heard. The explanation for it was that it was probably an evolved defense against predators who roar, but that never made a lot of sense to me. Predators that roar usually don't do it while they are stalking you.
From personal experience I conjectured the hypothesis that very low frequency sounds occur through the earth when there is an earthquake at some considerable distance. It happened once on the 13th of April 1992, around 3:20 AM that I stood fully awake next to my bed without immediately being aware what woke me. Later that day it turned out to have been an earthquake (_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Roermond_earthquake) at about 90 miles distance (120 km) which was one of the strongest ever recorded in NorthWestern Europe. So it figures that this would be an evolved defense against tremors, tremblings and quakes and danger of possible collaps of cave dwellings rather than against roaring predators. OSIT.

Palinurus said:
Laura said:
[...] So it figures that this would be an evolved defense against tremors, tremblings and quakes and danger of possible collaps of cave dwellings rather than against roaring predators. OSIT.

And as it is written here:

Low frequencies lack an internationally established definition but usually indicates the frequency range of 20 to 200Hz. In nature, frequencies below 200Hz are signals of thunder, volcano eruptions, earthquakes or storms - events that are likely to induce arousal or fear.

Source

Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceG4KhtABUI&feature=player_embedded&fb_source=message

My younger son was able to reproduce the sky sounds almost exactly, by running a wet finger rapidly over the rim of my large copper bowl, filled with water!

The sound is amazingly similar and the pitch can be changed by speeding up or slowing down the finger movement along the rim of the bowl.

Using a silver or a crystal bowl wasn`t as close to the sound, it has a much higher pitch.

Many people did say that the sky was cloudy, which means water present in the atmosphere, so I wonder, metals in the earth acting like the copper bowl resonating off the water in the atmosphere, somehow? Very strange.

@Oxajil
I concur with your quote and your source - although with the addition that my particular experience involved 'sounds' in the 2 - 25Hz range which are hardly audible with ears but certainly feelable with the body, notably in the gut region, around the solar plexus.

@Laura
The up-loader gave the following explanation:
YouTube - capitals are original said:
THE INSTRUMENT IS CALLED A WATERPHONE

LETS START TALKING ABOUT HOW THEY COULD PROJECT THIS RECORDED SOUND TO THE DIFFERENT LOCATIONS IN THE PREVIOUS VIDEO OR HOW IT WAS HOAXED BUT I UNDERSTAND WE HAVE EAR WITNESSES AT THE SCENES AND THAT LEAVES ME THINKING ITS THE FIRST.

THE REVERBERATION IN THE ORIGINAL VIDEO SOUNDS VERY REAL ,SPECIALLY THE COSTA RICA ONE WHERE YOU HAVE THE HIGHRISES, THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN MIMIC REVERB LIKE THIS WOULD BE CONVOLUSION REVERB.

CONVOLUTION REVERB EXPLANATION: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convolution_reverb

BUT HOW CAN YOU GET CONVOLUTION REVERB FROM PLACES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN RECORDED IN THE FIRST PLACE ? IMPOSSIBLE.

I WOULD LIKE THE EAR WITNESSES TO COME FORWARD SO WE CANT SAY ITS A HOAX, UNTIL THEN IT LEAVES ME THINKING THE 2 REASONS ARE OUR ONLY EXPLANATION.

AFTER 3 DAYS OF INVESTIGATION USING SOUND ENGINEERING METHODS AND EQUIPMENT , I AM NOW 100% SURE THIS INSTRUMENT IS THE SOURCE OF SOUND IN SOME OF THE VIDEOS HEARD WORLD WIDE, SPECIALLY THE COSTA RICA VIDEO AS YOU CAN EVEN HEAR THE BOW ACTIONS IF YOU LISTEN CAREFULLY.

THE PERSON PLAYING THIS INSTRUMENT IS USING THE FULL SCALE OF THE INSTRUMENT BUT THE SOUNDS HEARD ARE PLAYED ON THE LOWEST NOTES OF THE INSTRUMENT VERY GENTLY, IF I HAD CHANCE TO GET HOLD OF THE WATERPHONE I COULD PLAY EACH PHRASE IDENTICAL TO WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD IN THE COSTA RICA HIGHRISE VIDEO.

THANKS TO SEB WE FINALLY GOT TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PROBLEM.

I HOPE THIS MAKES THE INSTRUMENT MORE WELL KNOWN IN THE WORLD AND THE INVENTOR CAN UNDERSTAND MY REASON FOR POSTING THE VIDEO.

ANY QUESTIONS ON MY INVESTIGATION PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK AND I WILL ANSWER.

STILL THE SECOND CLIP IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC IS NOT THE WATERPHONE AND I CAN NOT EXPLAIN THAT SOUND.

Laura said:
Away With The Fairys said:

I got the impression Porges wasn't talking about roaring, but the low-frequency sound of predators approaching (i.e. stamping on the ground):

Listening to the frequency band of perceptual advantage requires the neural implementation of an active filter that rcduces the acoustic information at low frequencies that can reach the brain. Since the sounds associated with predators, especially the movements of larger animals, are characterized by low-frequency sounds, engaging in this active "listening" process has maladaptive consequences by reducing the ability to detect predators.

Even then, it's interesting that this is basically the sound (and sensation) of the ground shaking. And what about all those predators who don't produce low-frequency sounds (whether by roaring or running)? Instinctive fear of earthquakes makes more sense to me...

This seems to be a significant confirmation that the sounds ARE real AS reported!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D81eP4VOBOU

Here come the debunkers and jokers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1WNKRRV7bM&feature=related

That means that they are trying to do damage control which means that something weird really is up!

Back
Top Bottom