Tri-Monic, Let Your Light Shine - Stefan Verstappen kickstarter

Great job everyone! :D It was quite uplifting to hear Stefan express his gratitude. Hope to see a video of the Tri-Monic soon.

m said:
Stefan posted a very warm and heartfelt Thank You video to the SoTT facebook page for everyone's contribution :) It's available on YouTube:

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNWFBB9RvcA

I don't see it on the SoTT FB page ( it showed up in my feed and was directed at SoTT ) , here's what he wrote in case people can't find it:

A big thank you to Laura and all the good people at SOTT for doing so much to make this project happen. It is really you folk that shared and donated so much that made the kickstarter campaign reach it's goal. I am humbled by and grateful to all of you.

You have to go in the section "posts to page" here: https://www.facebook.com/SOTT.NET/posts_to_page

and you should see it.

Times up!
The grand total raised of $5000 is $5360 with 77 backers! :clap:

Well done everybody! :rockon:

Well done to all the butterflies involved! :clap:

Stefan seems to be such a sincere, kind and intelligent guy - and the concept looks COOL!

Just got an email update from the project. Looks like Stefan needs a sound engineer.

Here is the email.

Up-Date

I am busy constructing the pyramid structures and hope they are mostly finished by the end of the week.

I put an ad on Craigslist for a sound engineer to help me with the technology. I worked as a apprentice sound engineer 40 years ago, but needless to say, the tech has far surpassed anything I can grasp and so I need a professional to help. and have interviewed 6 sound engineers.

4 recommended running everything from a laptop and using either Reaper, Pro Tools or Abelton Live.

1 recommended renting a Yamaha LS9.

1 said it couldn't be done.

I am now doing my due diligence and researching all of those systems to try and make a final decision.

If any of you have an opinion please share. I need to make a decision on what system to use by the end of the week if not sooner.

I have contacted my local council woman to see if I can use the Joy Oil Gas Station (you can google it) on Lake Shore for a week to assemble the pyramids and test the sound and lights.

I also just did an interview on America Now Radio with Barb Adams, talking about the art project and the message. I will let you all know when it goes live.

Thanks you all again and stay tuned for regular up-dates.

Stefan

I was thinking of checking out these softwares to see what they are. Maybe more feedback from peeps can help Stefan, even if we're not experts??

I sent him an email asking for more details. I've had some experience setting up sound systems back in the day so I might be able to help. From what he's described to me, he probably needs both a mixer and a laptop. Each mic would need to go to a channel, and the output from those to the laptop. In the laptop you would require some software to sync the sounds from the mic to produce the notes or tones you want. I'm not sure if that software exists so some research would be needed. The output from the laptop would then go mixer from the mixer to an amplifier to power the speakers. The lights I'm not sure about, but they would probably require another controller.

Melissa said:
I was thinking of checking out these softwares to see what they are. Maybe more feedback from peeps can help Stefan, even if we're not experts??

It can get fairly complex if you don't know very much about how sound systems operate so I just messaged a guy I know in Toronto who went to school for music production who ended up recording and producing a couple of his own albums. Hopefully he might be able to help Stefan out with that portion of the project.

All super news and in the right direction. Hopefully these ideas will start snowballing. Great guy and great aim in his super videos so who knows what he will achieve next hopefully. Good that this project will get good exposure and that others may follow, even using the kickstarter route. Far better use of crowdfunding that many of the stuff that gets the cash!

Good luck for all your projects Stefan! :)

fabric said:
I sent him an email asking for more details. I've had some experience setting up sound systems back in the day so I might be able to help. From what he's described to me, he probably needs both a mixer and a laptop. Each mic would need to go to a channel, and the output from those to the laptop. In the laptop you would require some software to sync the sounds from the mic to produce the notes or tones you want. I'm not sure if that software exists so some research would be needed. The output from the laptop would then go mixer from the mixer to an amplifier to power the speakers. The lights I'm not sure about, but they would probably require another controller.

Turgon said:
Melissa said:

It can get fairly complex if you don't know very much about how sound systems operate so I just messaged a guy I know in Toronto who went to school for music production who ended up recording and producing a couple of his own albums. Hopefully he might be able to help Stefan out with that portion of the project.

This is great news guys! I agree, sound software and hardware seem pretty complex. But, from what I read on a forum about them, Pro Tools is best for composition and recording instruments. Ableton is best for making electronic music and takes up more RAM/CPU than the other two.

It seems that Reaper may be the better software to use.
From a review of the software from: _http://recording-studio-software-review.toptenreviews.com/reaper-review.html

Reaper is changing the way we view recording studio software. Professional recording software is usually high-priced and takes up much of a computer's CPU and storage. Reaper, however, won't empty out your wallet or take up all of your computer's resources. It is a lightweight program that only takes a few megabytes of storage and a minute to download, but it's a fully functional digital audio workstation (DAW).

For a commercial license in Reaper costs 224$ USD. Pro-Tools costs 499$ USD for a perpetual licenses. Ableton offers many different prices for the hardware and software, highest being 1198$ USD and the lowest is 99$ USD.

Someone skilled with this would know better which is best for this project. Also it seems that it will take some time and training to learn how to use the software, but I think Stefan and his crew of volunteers will be able to do it!

Here's a new youtube video Stefan Verstappen just put out: Tri monic Nuit Blanche Rough Cut 1. I think I see some familiar faces! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK0pUB8xfw8&feature=youtu.be

Back
Top Bottom