Tri-Monic, Let Your Light Shine - Stefan Verstappen kickstarter

Also uploaded a handful of pictures on his FB for those who have him:

https://www.facebook.com/stefan.verstappen/media_set?set=a.10153743381172526.1073741830.642362525&type=3

Hey everyone,

Tri-Monic was most definitely a success. I'm sure those of you who pledged to the kickstarter campaign have read some of Stefan's updates about it. On the night of, it took a lot of work to put it together and there were some issues with the electrical equipment, particularly the lighting, so for a while there it didn't look like it would work and Stefan was ready to throw in the towel. But he didn't and it ended up being the most popular interactive art installation of the night!

We took some videos of setting up Tri-Monic with the go-pro as well as some more clips on cellphone and will send that off to Stefan, so hopefully he comes out with another video with additional clips for those who weren't there. The set-up was really cool. He had the keyboard, merlin guitar and microphone in the middle of the pyramids and another forum member, Ken Macdonald, was nice enough to bring maraca's and the like. So people kept on joining in and leaving and there seemed to be an almost constant stream of that going on. The lighting on the pyramids only responded based on how high or low the tones coming from the instruments and mic were. Meaning certain light fixtures would only respond to a designated tone, and you would have to play multiple tones at the same time for everything to light up at once. There was roughly about $20,000 worth of sound gear there (most of it rented, I believe) so it looked pretty damn complicated! But it worked.

I am very glad that Stefan was able to achieve this success with his production!

« RedFox on: September 04, 2015, 09:34:21 PM »

Each pyramid is programmed to respond to a specific set of notes. When the correct note is sung or played then the pyramid tuned to that note will strobe at the same frequency and will play back the singer’s note tuned to the lower third interval. The result is that the sculpture will sing or play in harmony with the viewer!

------------------------------ ---------------------------- -------------------------

It seems a kind of biblic musical ark.

Turgon said:
Hey everyone,

Tri-Monic was most definitely a success. I'm sure those of you who pledged to the kickstarter campaign have read some of Stefan's updates about it. On the night of, it took a lot of work to put it together and there were some issues with the electrical equipment, particularly the lighting, so for a while there it didn't look like it would work and Stefan was ready to throw in the towel. But he didn't and it ended up being the most popular interactive art installation of the night!

We took some videos of setting up Tri-Monic with the go-pro as well as some more clips on cellphone and will send that off to Stefan, so hopefully he comes out with another video with additional clips for those who weren't there. The set-up was really cool. He had the keyboard, merlin guitar and microphone in the middle of the pyramids and another forum member, Ken Macdonald, was nice enough to bring maraca's and the like. So people kept on joining in and leaving and there seemed to be an almost constant stream of that going on. The lighting on the pyramids only responded based on how high or low the tones coming from the instruments and mic were. Meaning certain light fixtures would only respond to a designated tone, and you would have to play multiple tones at the same time for everything to light up at once. There was roughly about $20,000 worth of sound gear there (most of it rented, I believe) so it looked pretty damn complicated! But it worked.

That is so cool. Thanks for all the updates. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom