True networking

Can I just ask how do you create the balance with keeping up with the forum and with our day to day lives? I have seen this as a struggle and sometimes become too absorbed of my personal issues/lessons.

I think the same amount of energy of worry in my issues is the same energy I could use that instead of worrying over my life which gets me stressed, I could turn it into something less stressful like networking here?
I'm relatively new here, so I have a LOT of learning to do and lot of "catch up".
As a figure of speech, I feel crushed under a huge pile of books that I need to read and out of breath from doing a long marathon.

I'm trying to plan my days/weeks by writing down notes on post-it, making Excel grids, or writing down endless lists. In the end, the day is over way too fast and I'm always behind or I neglected to do important things. 😓
I start something one day, get distracted with chores or other responsibilities, start something else, get distracted, start something else, etc. See the pattern? 🤣 Better laugh than cry.

Worst than that, I keep cheating with food I shouldn't eat (just because they taste too good and I can't resist) and end up with negative after-effects the day after... And those side effects always slow me down big time.

In my ideal world, I would be able to maintain a good balance by following my "to-do list/excel schedule".
Also, I find that when I write things down, I don't worry about them anymore because I know they are on paper for later review, thus I won't forget.
In the end, I'm not sure my answer helped a lot other than showing you that you are not alone in this situation, but thank you for asking the question since the answers you received are helpful :)

Im currently thinking on what creative stuff I can do. It might help to set aside whatever is in front of me for a certain amount of time and not be drained too much. 🤔
Well, creativity is I think a matter of alignment and openness, if you're the creative type, as you develop different habits and continue to learn without constricting things too much, creative endeavors will reveal themselves to you, so no pressure, as that constricts creative flow, I find.

On subjective personal issues, the severity of the concern also is one factor. Like on what point does something concerns my personal lessons and what are the things that I should take on?
Not sure I understand the question, but, I would say that any concern of yours is a part of a personal lesson. Whether you share them or network about them or not, it's your choice.. and it's also part of a personal lesson.

But without more details, it's impossible to address something beyond generic concepts.

That's one of the best things with networking. And it is hard to learn everything at the same time esp. when alone so with the varied views we have, we can help through the awareness we contribute on different matters and in a way look out for each other.

It is also looking out for yourself and the other in a STO way. The others intent is to share and gain knowledge and your intent is to share knowledge

In The Work/4th way there is a metaphor “Help the next person up the ladder”

The ladder represents knowledge, understanding, perspective and growth. The C’s have personally used this metaphor with me. Thus you are asked to help by those who communicate here and you give what you know the giving of the knowing to another being with different life creates a different understanding as you are adding your ingredients to their “dish” their consciousness and your consciousness is not the same here and now so the result will be a blend that reflects back at you through your attempt to relate to them with your words and if they respond that also gives you data to assimilate into your being/conciousness

The title of this thread is “True Networking” I would say that’s subjective based on the persons level of being but the “helping up the ladder” in my opinion is a form or a part of true networking.

Just because there isn’t a person networking with you in the physical at a current time doesn’t mean one is alone. Beings need to go out and experience here in 3D the hope is they gain knowledge, understanding, data and bring it to a network… if no one was alone there would be less individual experiences and less individual knowledge and data streams thus less perspectives. A hive is what one comes back to with their fruits…They have to “be alone” go out and bring back for benefit of the hive.

Last edited:
I have just reviewed this thread and made numerous face palms with my answer. I was funny! 🤣

I now appreciate and understood most of the responses made here. Thank you! It was a wonderful review for me.

Can I just ask how do you create the balance with keeping up with the forum and with our day to day lives? I have seen this as a struggle and sometimes become too absorbed of my personal issues/lessons.

I think the same amount of energy of worry in my issues is the same energy I could use that instead of worrying over my life which gets me stressed, I could turn it into something less stressful like networking here?

How do you find the balance of learning about the truth of the world where it's just enough to make sure you do not also neglect your own lessons?

Have you heard the quote wherever you go there you are. My take and I know you didn’t ask for a mirror but in the spirit of networking.

Would it be possible that if you had the time to be on this forum more you would be neurotic about the wealth of information and say the same thing above just different words?

We chose to be here in 3D some have better luck regarding situations than others enabling more time and what have you but what is rare is the awareness and luck regarding finding and resonating with this information and forum. One can find this forum at 88 years old or at 18 years old.

Show gratitude for being blessed with the awareness in your consciousness/soul to find and stay with this info. Amount of “time” is arbitrary how you handle your 3D life while gaining knowledge is more important in The Work we balance out inner centers to allow our being to handle the 4th way stresses of everyday life and when “time” come we look to gain knowledge of the esoteric kind but the beauty of the 4th way is when you are stressed or overwhelmed it always provides you a chance to work on your machine.

I was blessed with finding this forum in my early 20’s and now a few years from 40 I can look back and say from then to now I feel like I lived three lifetimes even with the busyness of 3D life ( changing careers, moving across the U.S. Sleeping on the floor for a long time, failed relationships, running a side business numerous jobs, while managing a health/birth defect and countless others things)…I have been able to grow in the direction I want even a few hours a week or just a hour a week … week in and week out can provide what you want if what you want is growth, knowledge, lowering entropy and an understanding of life.

The “system” helps you out when you show the intent, energy and actionable steps - it takes action free will decision making to show the cosmos so to speak that you are embarking in a certain direction

If you are busy you are busy the forum will be here…I would more pray that the information I come across is useful and constructive. You could spend years going down the wrong path or spend 2hrs a week for years down the right path…Amount of time is not the most important thing

Last edited:
Not sure I understand the question, but, I would say that any concern of yours is a part of a personal lesson. Whether you share them or network about them or not, it's your choice.. and it's also part of a personal lesson.

Agreed. And maybe you are just overthinking it a bit. Just do what is in front of you. One way to put it that I sometimes find useful, combined with the Cs recommendations that @iamthatis posted here is to try to balance knowledge input and knowledge output. I.e., work on gathering knowledge whenever you can, but also sharing it, giving someone a hand, etc. And your personal issues can be worked on with that balance in mind too. Sometimes you really benefit from asking about a specific issue. Other times, the act of sharing something you learned to help someone, or something that you are in the process of learning, IS the help you need. :-)

Agreed. And maybe you are just overthinking it a bit. Just do what is in front of you. One way to put it that I sometimes find useful, combined with the Cs recommendations that @iamthatis posted here is to try to balance knowledge input and knowledge output. I.e., work on gathering knowledge whenever you can, but also sharing it, giving someone a hand, etc. And your personal issues can be worked on with that balance in mind too. Sometimes you really benefit from asking about a specific issue. Other times, the act of sharing something you learned to help someone, or something that you are in the process of learning, IS the help you need. :-)
This is a very good point,

I find that sometimes, even before I share or ask about something of mine, advising someone with a similar issue, or the same issue, helps me work through my own issues. In several ways, not only are you verbalizing your thinking in a way that makes sense to someone else, but if you strive to be honest in your advise, then you have to tell yourself those words before you tell them to someone else, or at the same time, and that is extremely beneficial.

Also, I think it was Dabrowski who said that focusing on someone else was one of the best ways to deal with depression, and I think it applies to a lot of other issues as well, it helps you to focus on someone else and that way, you serve yourself by serving others.

Making 24h into 48h is also something I´m trying to do. :lol: ...only half joking... ;-)

I figured that the forum is too big of a place to keep track of every single thread every single day. Even if one doesn´t have his/her job and kids on top of that. But I found out that it doesn´t matter; my interests change periodically, so when they change then I focus more on the particular topics both here and in terms of books.

Basically, my advice would be to try to keep up with current events on SOTT (and here the discussion on the forum about it) - and the rest depends on one´s current interest.

Maybe it´s very early in the morning but I find your questions below very vague. What exactly do you mean by by them? Can you give an example?

How do you find the balance of learning about the truth of the world where it's just enough to make sure you do not also neglect your own lessons?

On subjective personal issues, the severity of the concern also is one factor. Like on what point does something concerns my personal lessons and what are the things that I should take on?

I´ll try to answer as I understood the problems you have.

In terms of things that worry you, same as others have said - best to network about them. It is easy to be stuck in thought loops about some problem or another and often we are blind and subjective about it. Networking will provide you with a fresh look and often when I was writing about something that was bothering me, it felt like a burden being lifted off. Meditation and EE also help to focus and relax and think clearly.

About balance and lessons; learning about the truth in the world IS one of our lessons. As others pointed out, maybe you are overthinking it too much. The problem with the lack of time seems to be universal and sometimes we feel like we don´t have enough of it to do all the things we would like to do. Again, we can only do so much.

Go trough your day and make a general outline/plan and also accept that it will not always go as planned. I.e. I set an alarm every morning at 9 for meditation because that is the time when I´m home alone in peace and I figured that meditation in the morning makes my day lighter and easier. But, of course, sometimes I get stuck on SOTT or here on the forum and that time shifts, and then I´m annoyed, but then again, when I look at it from different perspective - I was in fact productive but in another way.

I was also to much focusing on SOTT and forum that I neglected my reading time. It took time, but in the end I figured out that after the whole day of thinking in one way or the other, I need time for myself for reading. So I basically decided that my limit is 8-9 in the evening and after that I lay down with a book and read.

It all didn´t happen overnight, more like months (years?) of pouring myself here and there and everywhere and trying to do 10 things at once.

So relax and listen to your body and you will find your perfect pace. :-)

As a figure of speech, I feel crushed under a huge pile of books that I need to read and out of breath from doing a long marathon.

I'm trying to plan my days/weeks by writing down notes on post-it, making Excel grids, or writing down endless lists. In the end, the day is over way too fast and I'm always behind or I neglected to do important things. 😓
I start something one day, get distracted with chores or other responsibilities, start something else, get distracted, start something else, etc. See the pattern? 🤣 Better laugh than cry.
Yes, that sounds very familiar - and very stressful. As I´ve said above - we can only do so much.

Worst than that, I keep cheating with food I shouldn't eat (just because they taste too good and I can't resist) and end up with negative after-effects the day after... And those side effects always slow me down big time.
My trick was simply to stop buying those things. Also, you can make (or buy) delicious things in "healthier" version. You might think that you don´t have the time for baking, but in context that we also have to take care of our body, think about it also as part of the Work - you are making yourself food that is optimum fuel for your body.

It actually took me only a month or two to learn how to cook in gluten free version all the things I used to make in "normal" version and they taste as good. (Except for the bread; I´m still buying g-free bread as apparently I´m an idiot for baking bread. 🤷‍♀️ Thankfully, I was never much of a bread-eater, so it doesn´t matter anyway if I buy it or bake it as I anyway only eat a few slices of toasted bread in a week.)

In any case - don´t worry and don´t stress yourself. It is all part of the process and I´m convinced that everyone here went trough the same feeling of lack of time at one point or people are still in the middle of it and figuring it out. As someone pointed out, it´s part of the work to see and set your limitations and boundaries.

Back
Top Bottom