Tucker Carlson interviews & ideologies

Or it would give the West yet another stick to throw at Russia.

But again, I think their attitude has been clear in their approach to Ukraine, being so precise in their attacks when they could've simply steam rolled over Ukraine in a few weeks, they do wish to protect the country, the population, the infrastructure. Their goal isn't to destroy lives, which a nuke would definitely accomplish. That's what the West would do... "Nuke them to dissuade them, damn the casualties".

What I am saying, victory or success for Russia looks very different than what it may look to us in the West. For us, a quick military victory is the logical goal, Russia understands the situation rather differently. But also, I think Putin mentioned it, who would want to be engaged in a global conflict? attacking at such a large degree, would definitely ensure a global conflict, making the entire world less secure.
I think Russia did initially go for a quick force strike into Ukraine. In full force to make it as quick as possilbe. However, then when they got to Kiev - or nearby, that was when the 'peace' initiative came about that was abhorted. As Russia pulled its troops back and everyone wondered why? And so many speculations then came about.
So then billions poured in fro the West and weapons etc so it ended up being drawn out as we see today.
I may well have got this wrong but I felt it went something like that.

Tucker is having fun being a pleasantly shocked American tourist in Russia.

Shopping in the heart of the sanctioned 'evil empire':

Stalin's metro station in the middle of a war:

There's another one of him in Russia's version of MacDonald's but I haven't found it. Anyways, he seems so genuine and innocent about it all, like a wide-eyed grade schooler on a field trip, very similar vibes to when he went to Hungary and fell in love with the place. No wonder Putin called him a dangerous man!

I just love it! Here is Tucker going to the Russian GMO free "McDonald's". Tucker knows that Putin banned GMO foods 4 years ago. I guess he knows quite a bit more about Putin and Russia then he admits publicly:

Putin's response when asked for his take on the interview with Tucker:

Funny to think that Putin wanted more of a scuffle, and Tucker's excellent manners prevented that.

That's a shame that "Simplicius" left out any credits for the interview, snippets of which he posted in several tweets.

You may find this interesting...

Thomas Röper (Anti-Spiegel), german journalist who lives in St Petersburg since 30 years, made a translation of an interview between Putin and reporter Saburin:
Interesting indeed!

Pavel Zaburin is considered one of the most prominent young stars in Russian journalism. Known for his exclusive reports for Russia-1 and other main Russian channels, and for regular conversations with Vladimir Putin; was one of the moderators of the direct line with Putin in last December. Zaburin was also the only journalist who interviewed the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un during his visit to Russia. :-)

The furore over the interview Putin gave to Tucker Carlson has still not completely died down in the West. However, in my first assessment of the interview, which I wrote immediately afterwards, I immediately criticised some things about the interview and explained what I would have done differently if I had been sitting there instead of Carlson.

Here is what Thomas Röper wrote on Feb 9 (machine transl.)

In this article ... I want to briefly summarise my first impression of the interview.

I have a few criticisms of the interview. My secret dream is to interview Putin myself at some point. You're allowed to dream sometimes. So I've often thought about what I would ask him and I'm sorry to say that I think Tucker Carlson missed a lot of opportunities, especially as - as far as I know - he wasn't given a time limit for the interview.

I thought it was good that Carlson largely let Putin finish speaking, because the aim of an interview is to find out the opinions, views and arguments of the interviewee. However, if I had the chance to interview Putin, I would prepare a block of questions like those that Western mainstream journalists would ask Putin. I would confront Putin much more with the claims and accusations of Western propaganda so that viewers could hear both sides.

That was missing with Tucker Carlson. For example, there were no questions about the alleged massacre in Bucha. Carlson also didn't ask in detail how Putin envisages a peace solution in Ukraine, because the topic was only touched on very briefly and I would have probed and tried to find out more details.

I am labelled a "Russian propagandist" and have therefore often had to ask myself in conversations and interviews why Russia intervened in Ukraine. There would have been a lot more to say about this in the interview, because although Putin went into the prehistory at great length at the beginning - the first 20 minutes or so were something like a lesson in Russian history since the Middle Ages - I missed the details of the immediate prehistory of the escalation, which are very important for understanding. I have often put these together and will repeat them again at the end of this article to help you understand.

I would have asked in more detail about the breach of the Minsk Agreement by Germany and France and I would also have asked in detail about the mutual security guarantees that Russia offered NATO and the USA in December 2021 as a last chance to avoid an escalation in Ukraine. These things were missing from the interview, but they are important to understand why Russia saw no other choice but to defend its security interests by force at this particular point in time.

You don't have to agree with the Russian view, but it is important to know these things in order to understand.

That's why the interview was very interesting, but in my view it was missing some important things that people in the West don't know about because the Western media don't report on them.

John Helmer was much less forgiving.

Dances_with_Bears

Putin: “Shall we end here, or is there anything else?”

7:52 AM · Feb 9, 2024

And in a comment below, to a question "On a scale out of 10. How would you rate the interview?", Helmer answered:

Putin +8, Carlson -1.

Some considered it unfair and I'd agree but would like to know Helmer's thoughts and reasons for such a harsh assessment.

That's a shame that "Simplicius" left out any credits for the interview, snippets of which he posted in several tweets.

Interesting indeed!

Pavel Zaburin is considered one of the most prominent young stars in Russian journalism. Known for his exclusive reports for Russia-1 and other main Russian channels, and for regular conversations with Vladimir Putin; was one of the moderators of the direct line with Putin in last December. Zaburin was also the only journalist who interviewed the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un during his visit to Russia. :-)

Here is what Thomas Röper wrote on Feb 9 (machine transl.)

John Helmer was much less forgiving.

And in a comment below, to a question "On a scale out of 10. How would you rate the interview?", Helmer answered:

Some considered it unfair and I'd agree but would like to know Helmer's thoughts and reasons for such a harsh assessment.
Why is Tuckers head gone from this pic?
I don’t get it?

I just love it! Here is Tucker going to the Russian GMO free "McDonald's". Tucker knows that Putin banned GMO foods 4 years ago. I guess he knows quite a bit more about Putin and Russia then he admits publicly:

Those videos are great, I specially liked his take on the shopping carts "so you can't take them to your homeless encampment lol"

Goes to show you the level of propaganda and how deep down it goes in the West that it's shocking that Russia has supermarkets and that their economy is doing well, and that their subway stations are clean... although to be fair, I think most everywhere else has nicer subway stations than the US, at least in every country I've ever been to.

I don’t get it?

Reaching here, it could be that Helmer might be saying that it really does not matter who was sitting in the chair - the headless/faceless man (who they would likely know inside out, hence the question of what type of questions are you going to ask, will you be serious), who would, moreover, then spread the message to his brethren in the west, albeit with predictable press reactions, who (cough) have been too enamored with themselves to notice much of anything for a few decades. Then again, Helmer has a past life in Russia with a not so happy association with the oligarchs, who he claims tried to poison him and then shoot him and, perhaps (speculating) holding Putin somewhat responsible. Have never read Helmer's particular book so can't say exactly, yet there are clues in some of his articles that look to some type of past enmity between himself and Putin. If so, this may have ebbed as history moved along and the western aided criminal oligarchs in Russia were rounded up, or some of them anyway.

If the last part is so, the converse is that the west oligarchs have a free hand at running the place, its institutions and its controlled satellites. Putin may also know that it does not matter what the western people think, it is all organized elite mafia that control them, near down to the carbon they breathe - Helmer would know as well.

Personally, if in sincerity as I think he was, Tucker brought to the world a glimpse that they don't see from behind their own curtain. Thus, despite the ptb, it has the possibility to bring both closer together to try and understand each other and history.

It is like my evangelic American relation who does not like Russia, when once asked if he remembered in history when the Tsar sent his Russian fleet to aid America against the British at Boston and San Francisco (with parades in their honor). This he could not comprehend, and yet it is his own history. That shakes them up.

Helmer's book extract:

My corpse managed to keep talking for twenty years. That’s the time it took between the Soviet KGB dosing my champagne with a near-fatal volume of a drug called SP-117, in order to get the truth out of me; and a Russian oligarch sending two gunmen to fire their pistols into me, to stop the truth getting out.

With hindsight, those who weren’t watching when Vladimir Putin was small insist he was bigger than he was, but good at keeping secrets. Big or small physically or politically, they have still been unable to fathom Putin’s character, or explain why, after so many years in power, Putin remains as characterless as when he started. I was watching from the beginning; the KGB elixir allowed me to see through the secrets to the truth of the matter.

This was that Putin has remained the nondescript I had first met, but that the potency attributed to him now was picked up from a group of men on whom he depended for his rise, and on whom he still depends for his power. These were, these are the Russian oligarchs whose stories I have been investigating and reporting every day. By penetrating their secrets, I measure how Putin rules Russia; better to say, how Russia is ruled, and with what effect.

If anyone has read this book, it may partially answer Possibility of Being's initial question. Helmer may also only see what he believes he is seeing or told he is seeing, in this case. His 'measures' may be off, however he is not stupid.

Putin +8, Carlson -1.

By the way, here is a quick post by Eva Bartlett showing Maria Zakharova giving it to the BBC's, Steve Rosenberg :-)

Maria +8, Rosenberg -1.

I don’t get it?

I don't know, we'd have to ask Helmer, but there are several English idioms that come to mind. It might be an illustration for Tucker "going blank" after the final "Russian soul" episode, or "he was blown away" (understood as "defeated decisively" or "overwhelmed, shocked"). There is also this "blow your mind/head off" idiom which in some context can supposedly mean undergoing some kind of conversion experience when you witnessed or learned something that makes you realize that all your previous understanding was wrong or inadequate. Native speakers would know it better, those were just my thoughts when I saw the picture, FWIW.

Helmer may also only see what he believes he is seeing or told he is seeing, in this case. His 'measures' may be off, however he is not stupid.
Thanks for the post. I don't follow Helmer long and close enough to have a well informed opinion, but he seems honest and balanced, even though some Amazon customers in comments on his books see him as somewhat biased on the pro-Putin side. But I think he is right in the middle, seeing Russia (under Putin) as she is: neither a demon as the West pictures her, nor an angel as some want to see her. Russia still suffers from many unresolved problems and oligarchs along with mafias is still one of the most serious issues. Perhaps Helmer's focus on this aspect makes him bitter sometimes.

By the way, here is a quick post by Eva Bartlett showing Maria Zakharova giving it to the BBC's, Steve Rosenberg :-)

Maria +8, Rosenberg -1.
Too generous to Rosenberg!
In case someone missed this one, Lukashenko vs. Rosenberg, 2021, it's worth your time. 10 min long, with full conversation beneath.

Last edited:
Carlson's latest interview is about censorship, with Mike Benz, executive director of Foundation for Freedom Online.

Benz: "Our mainstream media is not, in any shape or form, even from its outset, independent from the national security state, from the State Department, from the War Department."

Since the author of the idea himself positions the future possible (in my personal opinion, impossible) interview as a mirror of the Carlson-Putin interview, I will publish this announce here. However, something stubbornly tells me that it is useless to wait for a response to this request.
Dmitry Kiselyov sent a request for an interview with US President Biden

MOSCOW, Feb 18 — RIA Novosti. Dmitry Kiselyov, CEO of the Rossiya Segodnya media group, told the Vesti Nedelya program on the Rossiya 1 TV channel that he had sent a request to the White House for an interview with US President Joe Biden.
"We believe that our countries lack the opportunity to listen and hear each other, and we believe that the President of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin, set a worthy example by agreeing to an interview aimed at the American audience <...> I, Dmitry Kiselyov, CEO of the Rossiya Segodnya media group and the host of the highest-rated information- analytical Sunday program "Vesti Nedeli" on the country's most popular TV channel "Rossiya 1", — the letter says.

The interview is planned to be translated into foreign languages and distributed on the Telegram channel of RIA Novosti, on the website ria.ru and numerous media platforms and social networks of the media group both in Russia and around the world.

"In general, US President Biden needs to answer all this in a good way. The best and most effective option for the White House would be a mirror interview with a Russian journalist. As we say, we are waiting for an answer, like the nightingale of summer," Kiselyov said in his program.
Киселев направил запрос на интервью с Байденом

Поскольку самим автором идеи будущее возможное (на мой личный взгляд невозможное) интервью позиционируется, как зеркало интервью Карлсона-Путина, то я опубликую это здесь. Однако что то мне упрямо подсказывает о бесполезности ожидания ответа на этот запрос.

Tucker's demonstration of the surpassing food quality of russian Mc Donald compared with an american one is falling short as I was watching this 4h.25h long video made by an uknown guy to me showing a Moscow shining with an almost idyllic beauty. Its architecture and harmonious structures blending with the streets arrangement/decoration together with such a peaceful and joyful crowd wandering all over the many places makes me realize how conditioned I am when it comes to how far any well meant leadership can make a difference in people's life. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Since the author of the idea himself positions the future possible (in my personal opinion, impossible) interview as a mirror of the Carlson-Putin interview, I will publish this announce here. However, something stubbornly tells me that it is useless to wait for a response to this request.

Киселев направил запрос на интервью с Байденом

Поскольку самим автором идеи будущее возможное (на мой личный взгляд невозможное) интервью позиционируется, как зеркало интервью Карлсона-Путина, то я опубликую это здесь. Однако что то мне упрямо подсказывает о бесполезности ожидания ответа на этот запрос.
this is an excellent idea!

Back
Top Bottom