Tucker Carlson interviews & ideologies

Looks like the whole Glenn Beck's interview with Tucker Carlson is available. Watching it now. 1h05min

Yeah, the second Beck went into his “Putin is a bad guy who throws people off of buildings” trope, I was out. He’s clearly the same hysterical moron who used to follow O’Reilly on Fox News. Nothing irks me more than a journalist going on about “free speech” when it’s clear that everything coming out of their mouths was paid for by someone.

Yeah, the second Beck went into his “Putin is a bad guy who throws people off of buildings” trope, I was out. He’s clearly the same hysterical moron who used to follow O’Reilly on Fox News. Nothing irks me more than a journalist going on about “free speech” when it’s clear that everything coming out of their mouths was paid for by someone.
Don't give up so easily. The interview is an excellent lesson on how to navigate a conversation with a possessed interlocutor and not only get out alive but also make him believe you both are in agreement. In times like we have now, when you need all possible allies for the most important cause (in contrast to making enemies all around due to some disagreements), Carlson chooses his battles wisely. Notice that he never agreed to, or confirmed, Beck's obsessive accusations. He just kept ignoring it and turning the conversation back to US's problems. He's done a great job, IMO.

Don't give up so easily. The interview is an excellent lesson on how to navigate a conversation with a possessed interlocutor and not only get out alive but also make him believe you both are in agreement. In times like we have now, when you need all possible allies for the most important cause (in contrast to making enemies all around due to some disagreements), Carlson chooses his battles wisely. Notice that he never agreed to, or confirmed, Beck's obsessive accusations. He just kept ignoring it and turning the conversation back to US's problems. He's done a great job, IMO.
Okay, I’ll take a Zofran and try to get through it.🤣

People change, there is forgiveness to be strived for, but for some reason I've a hard time listening to the man - and he has a lot of valuable information to say on many subjects, even the Tucker crowd rejoiced at his WEF ending - and rightly so, however, how genuine is he now? How mixed up is he? How hypocritical is he? What is his 'new thing' - WEF light? Then there was Gaza...
I might be a bit more jaded in this sense, I assume JBP is against the WEF as a matter of ideology not principle nor reasoning. I've lost faith in him being able to reason his way through issues of global import independently, he attends to his ideological principles first, then builds a narrative around the position.

But I will allow myself the chance to be wrong.

I found it interesting, and thanks for posting. Beck's unsubstantiated vitriol towards Putin only made me cant stand him more than I couldn't stand him before:-) And Tucker's sidestepping (as best he could) was understandable. But where I had to skip forward a bit, was when Beck twice seem to get on his knees to sugar sweetly praise Tucker...bleaach. Was that to get a chance to ride on Tucker's coat tails, or to start laying the groundwork for a Tucker political run?

I found it interesting, and thanks for posting. Beck's unsubstantiated vitriol towards Putin only made me cant stand him more than I couldn't stand him before:-) And Tucker's sidestepping (as best he could) was understandable. But where I had to skip forward a bit, was when Beck twice seem to get on his knees to sugar sweetly praise Tucker...bleaach. Was that to get a chance to ride on Tucker's coat tails, or to start laying the groundwork for a Tucker political run?

Tucker has made certain comments that indicate to me that he's not interested in being a world leader. I don't think he will end up in politics. Or maybe I should say I don't think he should. Does being a great reporter with a good head on his shoulders doesn't really equate to what's required for effective statesmanship? I'm not sure. He's great at what he does already - fulfilling a role in American society that the Founding Fathers said was necessary to protect against tyranny. He's a voice of the free press. It would suck to have him in Washington, where suddenly his tongue is tied in the interests of national security. On the other hand, he does make lots of sense as a candidate, given the incompetence and corruption and stupidity of the American political class. As far as I can tell, he's got common sense, a major following, a sense of humour, a certain kind of openness, and he's got a good heart. But what does that get you in Washington? I'm not sure he would survive. Plus, his huge following is among the wrong crowd - according to Benz, domestic terrorists who do things like ask questions and think for themselves, love their country and want a good life for their children. Hard to say, but I don't think he wants it, nor do I think 'they' would allow it.

I though it was excellent. Tucker back in his element. And Beck is probably right that Tucker is playing a role that will be considered historical at some point. It was also good to hear Tucker talk candidly about his privileged upbringing. He knows these traitorous people who are purposefully destroying the country. He is in a unique position to speak candidly and accurately about who they really are and what they are up to. I also like how he makes clear his position as a sovereign individual who decides for himself what he thinks and feels is important, and what is worth commenting on at a time when every effort is being made to convince people that they should defer those things to the PTB.

I'm allowed to daydream for a moment. Trump as president and Carlson as press secretary and none of the old class of war mongers around Trump. There, my moment's up.
You've dreamed it, now it exists in another reality, and it's a cool reality :)

But given all he said about the CIA, I should like to think that Tucker knows best than to get involved in any political games, moreover, he knows he's a lot more efficient and free to influence change from his position as an independent journalist, the minute he falls into any sort of political allegiance, which is what is required to be part of the political establishment in the US, he's done, his influence is gone.

If the recent news is true, then someone tried to kill Tucker while he was in Russia. Video doesn't seem that credible, and the Russian MoD holds its cards pretty close to the chest so I don't know if they'd release such sensitive info. On the other hand, maybe they would.

Looked fake to me for the way he introduces himself:
Vasily (first name) - Petrov (last name) - Alekseevich (patronymic)
That's an order I have never seen. You can see:
first name - patronymic - last name (most common) or
last name - first name - patronymic (official lists, articles like Wikipedia)

One way or the other, first name is always followed by patronymic; never saw them separated by last name AFAIK.

But it's just bad audio quality and wrong subtitle line. Inteldrop got it right:

his name: Vasiliev Pyotr Alexeevich
Very similar to the guy on this video (one of suspects caught in the Moscow region for robbery 2 years ago).

Last edited:
It's all over the net now like in an echo chamber, but couldn't find anything official. Sergey Karnaukhov, for example, removed it from his TG:

I deleted the publication about the arrest of a saboteur who was preparing an assassination attempt on Tucker Carlson.
I have not found official sources confirming this information.

Found the video on a Russian "Контртерроризм" (Counterterrorism) YT channel, but is it what it says it is?
Wait and see, I'd say. If true, should appear on Genproc website or one of their channels soon.

FWIW, Intelslava has the following article on it's Telegram channel with a picture of the detainee.

A native of Podolsk, recruited by the State Intelligence Directorate of Ukraine, was detained for attempting to assassinate Tucker Carlson.

The detainee, on the instructions of his handlers, planned to plant a homemade explosive device under the car in which the journalist was traveling during a trip to Moscow.

But the plan failed to come true - the man was detained by security forces at the preparation stage. It was established that he was recruited by employees of the State Intelligence Directorate of Ukraine in November last year, and was promised $4,000 for a successfully completed task.

A criminal case was opened against him for preparing a terrorist attack, and he confessed.

Back
Top Bottom