Tucker Carlson interviews & ideologies

Tak, te same typy i informacje krążą po całej sieci - strony X, TG, VK, strony nie-MSM. Jeszcze nic oficjalnego. Wciąż podejrzane.
Carlson has made no secret of the fact that he is in Russia and what he intends to do, so I would be very surprised if the Ukrainians did not try to assassinate him. Rather, all of us here kept our fingers crossed that nothing would happen to him.

I came across this tonight about the prospects of an arrest in the US depending on how the interview went.

"They put a lot of people on this issue, they checked a lot of precedents, and they sent me a 10-page memo about it, and their honest conclusion was, 'Don't do this.' And of course, it infuriated me. So I was lecturing on the phone and I had another call with a senior lawyer and he said, 'Well, look, a lot will depend on the questions you ask Putin. If you're seen to be too nice to him, you could get arrested when you come back.' And I was like, 'You're describing a fascist country. Right. You're saying that the US government will arrest me if I don't ask the questions they want me to ask, is that what you're saying?' 'Well, we just think based on what's happened, that that's possible. So I'm just telling you what happened,'" Carlson described.

And yet, in the US, they dare demonize Russia for Navalny, who actually committed crimes and was prosecuted.

Maybe now that he has said, on the record, that he believes the election was stolen you can give him the benefit of the doubt as to why he hadn't said it before.

Nope, that clip is not enough for me. I watched this because you brought it to my attention, and the clip is not about the hardcore vote rigging, ballot stuffing, hacking election machines, and stopping counting in middle of election night to rig it some more. In the clip, he talked about censorship and withholding information from people, which is beside the point. Trump still won 2020 despite the censorship, which Carlson does not seem to understand in the clip.

I started watching this long interview of Lex Friedman with Tucker Carlson. Sorry if it was already mentioned and I missed it. :-[

Timestamps:

OUTLINE: 0:00 - Introduction3:53 - Putin20:07 - Navalny41:20 - Moscow1:00:48 - Freedom of speech1:07:03 - Jon Stewart1:19:48 - Ending the War in Ukraine1:29:15 - Nazis1:37:42 - Putin's health1:48:47 - Hitler1:58:12 - Nuclear war2:16:31 - Trump2:33:27 - Israel-Palestine2:39:37 - Xi Jinping2:53:34 - Advice for young people2:58:53 - Hope for the future

I started watching this long interview of Lex Friedman with Tucker Carlson. Sorry if it was already mentioned and I missed it. :-[
Just started watching it myself, decent interview, it's actually good, even though he backtracks a lot of what he's said about Russia and Putin, but it's a good way to know where he stands with most issues.

I'd recommend it, I'm about halfway done with it.

You can’t get much clearer in terms of expressing your believe that the 2020 election was stolen IMO. By the way, Tucker also stated it as clearly recently in one of his X videos.
I can get a lot clearer. I can say the 2020 election was stolen from Trump through voting fraud, hacked voting machines, fraudulent paper ballots, discarding ballots for Trump, and so forth. Carlson in that clip pointed to none of these, and instead pointed to censorship and covid, so he's wrong.

The original point and original wrong committed by Carlson began in November 2020 when he kept saying on his Fox TV show there was no evidence of material voting fraud. He has been consistent in that respect, and consistently wrong.

He basically admits was not very informed, in the context of Russia and Ukraine, so that's a start.
I was mad about it all eight days I was there because I feel like I’m better informed than most people because it’s my job to be informed. I’m skeptical of everything and yet I was completely hoodwinked by it.

So when he gets around to learning about the voting fraud in 2020, he can be mad about that too.

Thanks for sharing, I'm almost done watching. Its been quite enjoyable! Although Carlson still didn't get his answers (hehe), I'm glad he's chasing those "why?" questions and able to express them openly. I'm hoping it'll be a good shift in the public sphere, especially since it feels like there's been an unspoken taboo about it

I saw this video in French of a talk about the Carlson interview for the Francophones, but it is a very good summing up of some of the points made by Putin and the impact they have had in the West. It was posted just 2 days ago and is fresh. Pepe Escobar is one of the the 4 guests.
Enable subtitles if a translation is needed. The panel interview is just under half an hour and an interview which the French members in particular might like to share on social media.

Just started watching it myself, decent interview, it's actually good, even though he backtracks a lot of what he's said about Russia and Putin, but it's a good way to know where he stands with most issues.

I'd recommend it, I'm about halfway done with it.

Re this interview.

Yeah, interesting interview, although only 2 hours in. It also can be seen very much through the lens of western minds, albeit Friedman speaks Russian.

Both guys seemed stumped on the discourse of why were the words denazification used to describe what is wanted from what is happening i.e., people in the west think it strange, like how do you have peace negotiations based on, we want denazification.

Can see their point (for western observers stuck on what they think is Nazi), however what it means to Russians (Polish et al.) has a different meaning. Their understanding might (might) simply be that there is a neo-nazis regime that has forced itself, with western backing, to reemerge as ideology. To take at all costs, reanimated by 'operatives,' oligarchs, puppeets and the western Intel/NATO or not, military/industrial/biological/banking complex.

Maybe there are better words within Russia to describe what it is they mean, yet in essence, perhaps it is the merging of corporate/state interests with thugs/murderers to do their bidding while robbing everyone blind. Nazi Germany never had a chance without the merging of I.G. Farben, Standard Oil, IBM and on and on that goes, with a controlling pathology leader to rule.

Can see their point (for western observers stuck on what they think is Nazi), however what it means to Russians (Polish et al.) has a different meaning. Their understanding might (might) simply be that there is a neo-nazis regime that has forced itself, with western backing, to reemerge as ideology. To take at all costs, reanimated by 'operatives,' oligarchs, puppeets and the western Intel/NATO or not, military/industrial/biological/banking complex.
Yes, or it could also mean that there are openly Nazi sympathizers in the military and in the government and it is not denounced or illegal, it is embraced. That ideology is the one behind their policies of extermination of anything opposed to their goals, and the West is backing it and using it to attack Russia, and they are bent on getting rid of it.

I think that's why the Russian's have backed and proposed the resolutions to make Nazi glorification illegal, even though that won't remove the ideology from individual's mind, it does make a difference that it is illegal, it allows for a legal framework domestically and internationally, and it creates a barrier for new recruits and younger people.

Yes, or it could also mean that there are openly Nazi sympathizers in the military and in the government and it is not denounced or illegal, it is embraced.

For sure, full of sympathizers (likely some only in appearance being too scared to oppose), just harken back to 2017-19 when the western press were all over the rise of neo-Nazi groups and their sympathizers as an ideology base in Ukraine (primarily Kiev and west). Within its military it was ripe, with the west openly and covertly training them. So, had been surprised that these two guys acted as if were not aware of the area being an ideological hotbed. Of course, they flipped the script and it all disappeared to be replaced by the mask of democracy, and how dare Putin.

This video from 2019 was from Time (forget the US focus rhetoric they make use of) that spells out just the tip of this ideological iceberg. So again, could they be so unaware as to not understand what Putin was taking about regarding denazification?

It was just a curious point that Friedman and Carlson had both elaborated upon (IMO) in an otherwise interesting talk..

Back
Top Bottom