What's the weather where you are?

PERLOU said:
En France, en Bourgognes tous les grands crus (vignobles) gèlent et les vendanges ne seront pas bonnes...

In France, in Burgundy all great vintages (vineyards) freeze and grape harvests will not be good...

It seems that this is issue with crop damage has to be one of the more worrying aspects of this April frost issue. I know a few years ago in the UK heavy snow actually led to the deaths of many lambs. Many people in the UK seem to think that because it's happened a few times in their memory that it's totally normal and actually amusing for some. That's probably because for the most part, we're totally separated from the cycles of life and farming and have no idea the effect these things have on the price of our food, and whether there will be any at all.

Thanks for sharing :)

itellsya said:
PERLOU said:
En France, en Bourgognes tous les grands crus (vignobles) gèlent et les vendanges ne seront pas bonnes...

In France, in Burgundy all great vintages (vineyards) freeze and grape harvests will not be good...

It seems that this is issue with crop damage has to be one of the more worrying aspects of this April frost issue. I know a few years ago in the UK heavy snow actually led to the deaths of many lambs. [...]

Interesting solution!

https://www.facebook.com/MeteoEU/photos/pcb.1701500076780188/1701499763446886/?type=3 said:
Farmers in Grisons, Switzerland protecting their vineyards from frost on April 27 with thousands of fire lights. Impressive!

13139297_1701499763446886_6846585417953272174_n.jpg

13043590_1701499770113552_1041946468065581705_n.jpg

By: Silvan Rossr

Excellente idée ces petits feu dans les vignes contre le gel... Je partage sur ma page Facebook... Merci Itellsya

Very good idea these babies fire in grapevines against frost... I share on my page Facebook... Merci Itellsya

Still very little rain here in NSW, Aust. Temps have finally cooled off, but still above average for this time of year. We usually get the first frost at the end of April, but our minimum has been about 7-8 C. The trees are only now showing the first yellowing leaves. This has been the mildest start of the cool months that anyone here can remember.

More rain this week in Hong Kong; and below an except from the HK observatory report summarizing the weather of April, where rainfall in the first four months of the year has increased by almost 100% above normal :

With a maritime airstream trying to exert control over the coastal areas of Guangdong in a change of seasons, the weather of April 2016 was exceptionally humid and gloomy. The monthly mean relative humidity was 89 percent, six percent higher than normal and also the most humid for April since 1961. Under long spells of clouds, fog or mist, the sunshine duration of 6.9 hours on 6 April already made it the sunniest day in the month. The total duration of bright sunshine recorded in the month was only 55.4 hours, around 54 percent of normal and the sixth lowest for April on record. The month was also warmer and rainier than usual. The monthly mean temperature was 23.6 degrees, 1.0 degrees above the normal figure of 22.6 degrees. The monthly total rainfall was 211.4 millimetres, about 21 percent more than the normal figure of 174.7 millimetres. The accumulated rainfall of 651.8 millimetres in the first four months of the year was nearly double the normal figure of 336.1 millimetres for the same period.

Last 10 days or so, very cloudy , rainy and cold weather in Macedonia .Morning temperatures are around 4-5 C while during the day it can go up to 15 C. But the feeling is that its much colder. This morning i have to light a fire ( we are using wood for heating ) because it was to chilly in the morning.And its a first time to do this in May. Usually we are heating until the start of April.

And what i noticed is that every single time it rains its not just a rain its a mud.Cars and windows are covered with fine layer of mud after even a slight rain.

Surprise! Surprise! A couple of very nice, sunny, spring-like days! (South-Central France)

Here in Southern Saskatchewan we're getting July heat in May. Today is supposed to hit a high of 30, 32 tomorrow, a reprieve Friday of 21, then
a gradual climb back to the low 30s from Saturday on.
Plus, it's been really dry, with no rain to speak of since mid-April.
And forest fires are already burning in a few areas of the north, at around the same latitude as Fort McMurray, Alberta.

Finally in some parts of Southern Germany it gets also warmer again. When I think back to last year, it is much colder. And the official icemen start next week from 11th to 15th.

Very warm in the uk (north Yorks) yesterday was able to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. There's mention of this warm spell lasting all week a marked change from last weeks cold winds.

Siberia said:
30С here today... in April... in Siberia... :shock:

Well, April is over and now in May we've just had snow in Siberia again. Here is a photo from Altai dated May 2nd 2016:

2dbuhbd.jpg

Laura said:
Surprise! Surprise! A couple of very nice, sunny, spring-like days! (South-Central France)

In Northern France too and I'm glad I can finally plant my leaf vegetable seedlings :D

A pretty chilly for this time of the year in Macedonia. The morning temperatures are around 5C and during the day the max is 15C.
Also there is new snow falls in Montenegro
_http://www.telegraf.mk/aktuelno/region/ns-newsarticle-da-se-cudis-sneg-vo-crna-gora-video.nspx

There is a snow in Serbia also: http://www.rts.rs/page/stories/sr/story/125/drustvo/2318783/sneg-obrao-malane-u-zapadnoj-srbiji.html

We had it in 2015, in 15th May, so it's not super unordinary, but still, it's not something that happens every year.

Strangely enough, in Montreal this morning it is 4 degrees celsius yet there is snow falling? So, it,s 10 degrees below normal (celsius) and snowing at mid-May???

Back
Top Bottom