What's the weather where you are?

Crazy weather in Croatia. Some week ago we had a real summer temperatures from 22 to 27 degrees, fruits and flowers flourished several weeks earlier. Cherries already have small fruits, roses started to bloom, lilac is in full blossom. This morning at 7AM it was +6 degrees, almost the whole day some rain, but in the afternoon temperature fell to 0 C and began to sleet, which turned into greater blizzard about 5PM. It is still 0 C and slightly raining but here and there you can see an occasional snowflake. Fortunately the soil is still warm enough so the snow is not kept on the ground.

Crazy weather here in West Yorkshire too! Last week temperatures reached a balmy 16 degrees C. This week there has been noticeable temperature fluctuations from warm 10-12 degrees C dropping to 1 - 3 degrees C now with large snow flakes falling for these past few hours:

Mrs. Tigersoap said:
Some parts of Belgium had snow yesterday and we had some slushy hail. It was around 7°C. But at some point last week, it was 18°C!

It was also snowing in northern and eastern parts of the Netherlands, and with 9 degrees Celsius it was the coldest King's Day (national holiday) since the 80s. In fact, these days it's colder than it was during the Christmas holidays (14 degrees Celsius)!

It seems that in the wider area of my county it has been worse then here:

http://evarazdin.hr/nasim-krajem/ludo-vrijeme-snijeg-pod-kraj-travnja-pada-u-ivancu-cestici-vinici-marusevcu-355654/

ashu said:
Crazy weather here in West Yorkshire too! Last week temperatures reached a balmy 16 degrees C. This week there has been noticeable temperature fluctuations from warm 10-12 degrees C dropping to 1 - 3 degrees C now with large snow flakes falling for these past few hours:

Similar craziness in the South East UK yesterday, similar temperatures with a sleet shower falling most unexpectedly with sunshine inbetween.

It was 2 degrees Celsius yesterday in the early morning in the North East of Spain. To my surprise, I actually had to defrost the windshield of the car. Then, it was 20 degrees during the day.

This last cold wave in Europe reminded me of this
02-22-97 said:
Q: (L) All right, were those given in the order in which they are occurring? The fourth being the one that's coming later?

A: Maybe, but remember this: a change in the speed of the rotation may not be reported while it is imperceptible except by instrumentation. Equator is slightly "wider" than the polar zones. But, this discrepancy is decreasing slowly currently. One change to occur in 21st Century is sudden glacial rebound, over Eurasia first, then North America. Ice ages develop much, much, much faster than thought. [Discussion of new scientific theory recently presented that the earth is expanding.]

I`m afraid that Europe is getting a much colder place each day.

En France, en Bourgognes tous les grands crus (vignobles) gèlent et les vendanges ne seront pas bonnes...

In France, in Burgundy all great vintages (vineyards) freeze and grape harvests will not be good...

Serbia, we had few real summer days some 10 days ago, and now it is raining and temperature goes down to the 7-8 degrees Celsius at night. (slowly getting warmer now) No snow or big storms. All of that (weather like this and this range of temperature degrees) happens during this time of year and is seen as normal.

En France : Tremblement de terre hier matin en Charente Maritime
https://fr.sott.net/article/28111-Tremblement-de-terre-de-magnitude-5-ce-matin-en-Charente-Maritime

In France : Earthquake of magnitude 5 yesterday morning in Charente Maritime
https://fr.sott.net/article/28111-Tremblement-de-terre-de-magnitude-5-ce-matin-en-Charente-Maritime

Very cold temps in North Yorkshire with snow on the hills. On Wednesday night my car was frozen and I had to use some force to open the door. The tour of Yorkshire (a bike race) is coming through our neck of the woods and I would imagine some of the sections may be very tricky.

It still cold now And as Itellsya mentioned it has been a shock to the system. The temp drops from high to low seems to happen so suddenly. A builder friend of mine was working in the hills and they had hail/snow , gale force winds which were very cold then sunshine which was very warm all in the same day. Very strange indeed

Oxajil said:
It was also snowing in northern and eastern parts of the Netherlands, and with 9 degrees Celsius it was the coldest King's Day (national holiday) since the 80s. In fact, these days it's colder than it was during the Christmas holidays (14 degrees Celsius)!

It is also the wettest April in 15 years in the Netherlands. I checked whether it's been raining a lot in other places this month, and apparently Houston, Texas, broke its wettest April day record. Perth, Australia, experienced its wettest April day in four years, while Sydney could be having its wettest April in 26 years!

itellsya said:
[..] The sun is still warm on the skin but the wind has been so icey that it sucks all heat out of you. [..]

You said it all for our weather West of Ukraine in last couple of weeks. Forecast sez we'll go up to 24~25 °C during the day in the coming weeks.

I secretly hope for a complete 'atmospheric reversal', A'la Day After Tomorrow so the exit would be like the Mammoths got, while still chewing on their breakfast. But I understand it won't be so easy and fast..

I checked the U.S. infrared map this morning. And it looks like big trouble for southern states. Especially Oklahoma. Serious damage reports will be coming in soon I fear.

http://www.intellicast.com/Global/Satellite/Infrared.aspx?location=USKS0112

FWIW.

Carte des zone à risque de tremblement de terre en FRANCE :
https://fr.sott.net/article/28118-France-Habitez-vous-pres-d-une-zone-a-risque-de-tremblement-de-terre

Card of the zone of risk of earthquake in FRANCE :
https://fr.sott.net/article/28118-France-Habitez-vous-pres-d-une-zone-a-risque-de-tremblement-de-terre

Back
Top Bottom