What's the weather where you are?

Northern Italy, 33° - 34° C, very hot, at the end of the week there are expected violent storms.

South Central France, hot yesterday and today. Guys reported thermometer on pharmacy was saying 43 C in the sun. I believe it. About 34/35 here at the house; 33 at the moment.

43 C is 109 F and 34 is 93 F. So however you look at it, it's hot!

Heat is supposed to break a bit with storms tomorrow afternoon.

Our cold snap was short here in South Central Michigan and is currently 33C and going to be hotter thru the weekend! My husband is in Jordan, he said it was the same there 33-35C. Like stepping out into a blast furnace!

Lilyalic said:
Here in the West of UK, its 30 degrees today :scared: we're so not used to this heat, its exhausting

On my car it said 31 C (I'm in Yorkshire, UK) and getting into my car was like stepping into an oven. Yes so not use to heat like this unless I'm on holiday abroad. It is exhausting.

Pretty chilly at night for this part of the year in Macedonia. At night temperatures fall down to 14-15C and during the day its about 30-35C. The constant light north breeze gives an extra chilly feeling especially at night. At higher altitudes temperatures are much lower.

ashu said:
Lilyalic said:
Here in the West of UK, its 30 degrees today :scared: we're so not used to this heat, its exhausting

On my car it said 31 C (I'm in Yorkshire, UK) and getting into my car was like stepping into an oven. Yes so not use to heat like this unless I'm on holiday abroad. It is exhausting.
One of the hottest days I can remember yesterday in a longtime in the UK. it read 32 degrees in the car. Very hot overnight and Suggesting there is a chance of storms so we'll wait and see.

In the Netherlands we lived through the hottest July 20 ever recorded (since 1901) with temperatures of 30-35 C, with a heat wave in the East and South East parts of the country (i.e. four consecutive days well above 25 C, three of which were above 30 C). The previous record for July 20 was 34.6 C in 2003.

Thunderstorms are expected to drive the heat away during late evening and night. Back to normal (23-27 C) tomorrow.

I hope you are all enjoying the summer in the northern hemisphere. Down Under we are experiencing a jet stream originating in the Indian Ocean and extending across the whole of Australia from Broome to Canberra. We're just on the edge of it, but the clouds are scudding past at high speed and sporadic rain storms with them. I think the Victorians are copping it.

After the recent heat spell, the ceiling enveloped this area with a thick fog and light precipitation. Which continues today unabated.

This Morning (Time Lapse 1 Frame per second)

https://vimeo.com/175803067

7-22-16 System
d65310a86b2ec6dadb9033716cb3f774.png

Croatia, Pelješac, Lovište, very hot, even temperature is just 31C staying outside just to hang laundry is very exhausting. There's no predictions for rain or lowing the temperature for some time. Last year we had five months without the rain, so this should be better conditions for living and working, but for some reason it is not.

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/43.02,17.03

Hong Kong, and similar to most parts of the world, its been hot all week, day time temperatures between 32-34C - very sweltering heat.

Croatia,
hrsutra.jpg

hot, humid, announcing thunderstorms, my only pleasure- swimming in the sea, is too good to cool off.

14wwxtw.jpg

Hong Kong and weather is temperamental with bouts of rain between sunshine. Popcorn sized hail were also reported yesterday during the rainstorms. Its getting windier, as Tropical Storm Nida is approaching, reports from SCMP:

Batten down the hatches: typhoon signal expected in Hong Kong early as Sunday night

Observatory warns public to take precautions in view of hailstones and strong winds

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/1996930/sudden-end-hong-kong-dry-spell-popcorn-sized-hail

Hong Kong is expected to issue the typhoon standby signal No 1 warning as early as Sunday night as a tropical storm, on a collision course with the city, intensifies in strength.
Weather conditions are ­expected to deteriorate rapidly by Tuesday and through Wednesday, with high winds, rough seas and torrential, squally showers.
Tropical Storm Nida was over the sea east of the Philippines on Saturday and is expected to move closer to the South China coast.
On Sunday morning, Nida continued to gather in strength with speeds of 85km/h. Overnight, the typhoon moved slightly west suggesting landfall would be on Hong Kong or west of the territory. By Monday morning, the storm is expected to be within 800km of Hong Kong.
Typhoon possibly headed for Hong Kong next week

Although weather experts have stressed the exact timing and positioning of the storm is still to be determined, predictions by the Observatory put it within 100km of striking the city directly.
Queenie Lam Ching-chi, a senior scientific officer at the Observatory, urged the public to prepare for the storm and be alert for deteriorating weather conditions.
“There is still uncertainty in the forecast track and intensity for Nida. We have to keep track of its movement especially as it enters the South China Sea,” she said. “The effect could be very different if it lands to the east or west of Hong Kong.”
[/quote/

Back
Top Bottom