What's the weather where you are?

+2,5C in the north of Poland. This winter is warm comparing to previous years. We had a lot of wind recently and felled trees and the like here. This winter reminds me of winters that were 7-10 years ago. Are weather patterns returns or is it calm before the storm?

Minus 1 in Spain's "triangle of cold". It is actually sunny and "warm" out there. More info on this triangle:

_http://www.iberianature.com/regions/aragon/climate-of-aragon/

The region has some of the most extreme temperatures in Spain as a result of its continental position, far from the blaming effects of the the Atlantic and Mediterranean. The valley of Jiloca in Teruel is probably the most consistently cold corner of the Iberian Peninsula, high mountains aside, with record temperatures of -28/-30ºC in Calamocha. (see temperature records in Spain). The valley lies in a triangle formed by Teruel, Calamocha and Molino de Aragon (over the border in Guadalajara) similarly considered as the coldest area of Spain, with temperatures regularly dropping to -20ºC.

I'm warming my hands with a Christmas present from a dear friend: gloves from Estonia. They're lovely and very appropriate for this climate :)

Well, it is actually not that bad... There is hardly any humidity. People report being more cold in the Mediterranean coast!

lux said:
+2,5C in the north of Poland. This winter is warm comparing to previous years. We had a lot of wind recently and felled trees and the like here. This winter reminds me of winters that were 7-10 years ago. Are weather patterns returns or is it calm before the storm?

Same here, in Siberia. :)

We had some temperature turbulence in November (sharp drops from -5C to -30C and then back again), but December was mild and now in January it's -5C today and up to +1C on the forecast. It's unusually warm for this period here. Maybe, as you say, it's just calm before the storm, we'll see.

Hithere said:
Same here in Norway. The 5 cm we had of snow melted a week ago, minus 2 degrees C today.

Also same here in Finland. Last few days have been about minus 10 degrees C in here south but otherwise there hasn't been snow as much as usually. The weather has been mainly slushy and dark, around 0-5 degrees.

Siberia said:
lux said:

Same here, in Siberia. :)

We had some temperature turbulence in November (sharp drops from -5C to -30C and then back again), but December was mild and now in January it's -5C today and up to +1C on the forecast. It's unusually warm for this period here. Maybe, as you say, it's just calm before the storm, we'll see.

Same here on the NW coast of England. I've been asking pretty much everyone to confirm whether it really has been a mild winter, and pretty much everyone agrees.

I remember the winter of 2012 in London was snowing for at least a month - on and off. But we've had no snow fall this December, those that did were higher altitude or further north. We've had a bit of rain but nothing to cry about. I keep wondering whether, like other winters, it will kick off big time in January...

and with that in mind, this is what twitter is saying about 5th -9th January Europe... :halo:

winterexpert @WeermanAshoka · 2h 2 hours ago

BREAKING NEWS -ALL MODELS confirming also NAVGEM ,Superstorms at row attack IRELAND-UK-Benelux-Germany,inch by inch !

B6nM-1IIEAA_guI.png

But then i checked an extreme weather forum and they're not so sure it's guaranteed to be big, but some say the low pressure (?) is the strongest they've seen. So we see ;)

itellsya said:
But then i checked an extreme weather forum and they're not so sure it's guaranteed to be big, but some say the low pressure (?) is the strongest they've seen. So we see ;)

Yesterday (Tuesday) was very unsettled in the morning - cold, rain, grey skies etc.. - but brightened up by the afternoon. Today the sky is completely blanketed with cloud, colder than usual this morning and the wind is really picking up. So if this pattern continues it may just be that this storm will continue to Friday as they predicted; as always, this storm may pass through to Europe, so just fyi :)

Over in North-West of England the temperature is still constantly cold here, and showers are expected later in the week along with some predicted strong wind that will go through to France
Nothing really over the top for us Brits except some gales :boat:

Today we've had +3C here in Siberia. The animals in our local zoo woke up (my translation from the local Russian news report):

According to Vesti Novosibirsk, the abnormally warm weather woke up brown and Himalaya bears in the city zoo. The staff has more work to do now: the sleepy Kostya bear refuses to eat meat and demands exclusively bread with jam.

Svetlana Vorobyova says that raccoons also woke up and go for a walk every day now. "We usually cover the raccoons with a pile of snow and they sleep until spring. But this winter they stayed in only three days maybe" she says.

That said, tomorrow's forecast promises sharp drop in temperature to -11C.

Siberia said:
That said, tomorrow's forecast promises sharp drop in temperature to -11C.

Crazy weather here (in Belarus) too. We had a week of -17C frost, and then finally yesterday we had a real snow storm (picture attached), but today already 0C and tomorrow +2C with +5C toward the end of the week. And all of this will alternate with wet snow and icy rain. Really bad combination.

Attachments

• 10933801_10205667898675125_1345412437124599625_n.jpg
    10933801_10205667898675125_1345412437124599625_n.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 149
Nothing but heat and wind to report from mid north coast NSW. It was cooler today (like 27 degrees Celsius) and some rain is forecast but we have had weeks of very hot (30-35 degrees Celsius) day & no rain at all.

Yesterday we got 42.5 ml of rain (near Canberra) normally only get a tenth of that.
This is the heaviest fall I have seen over 24 hour period for about twenty years
I hope some it goes your way, Arwenn.

Well, even the islands in the Cyclades and Crete were covered in up to 2 meters snow, see below for video:

_http://iceagenow.info/2015/01/greek-islands-buried-6%C2%BD-ft-2-m-snow-video/

We have got quite an April weather here in Southern Bavaria. On the night before New Years Eve we had about 25cm Snow in a couple of hours. Two tramways jumpend out of their tracks, which is quite seldom as we are used to snow. Last Saturday we had 15oC here and even 20sup]o[/sup]C in Berchdesgaden. One day after the it was quite cold. And the last 3 to 4 nights we had gales - one after the other. Crazy weather.

Lately we had orange sunsets and sunrises nearly each day. But today at sunset half the sky burned orange. Even the people around me noticed it.

After awhile with temps below thirties celcius it is two degrees out this morning here in Central Alberta

Back
Top Bottom