What's the weather where you are?

After 2 weeks with mild temperature and very few snow (from Christmas til beginning of the week) snow is back in Norway, Winter seems to start. Temperature are scheduled to drop below 0 this weekend.

Hi all,

The C's were right southern hemisphere would be having drought conditions.

Attached is the link showing this

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jan/16/2014-hottest-year-on-record-scientists-noaa-nasa

have a nice day all :)

Looking through this thread I see the latest comments are coming from Europe and Down Under. Here in northern Wisconsin the highest temps we've had since Christmas was around 25 F or just below 0 C. Last week and the week before that we were getting a lot of below 0 especially at night (-15-25F) or(-28-38C) However, I remember when I was growing up these were pretty normal temperatures. Forty below 0 F was actually quite common and -50F was not unheard of. The past ten- 12 yrs. have spoiled a lot of people up here. And we have a lot of new people from down south (Chicago, Milwaukee, etc.) Moved up north thinking winters weren't so bad. I'm trying to keep an eye out to see how many start to leave as this has only been like the 2nd "hard" winter for a long time. HAPPY SNOWSHOEING!!!!!!

On a side note- we're known as the "Snowshoe Capital" as we have Snowshoe baseball games in the summer played on sawdust. :lol:

January 17, 2015: Mid south USA, 35 degrees North latitude, 2PM local 62 degress F and slightly cloudy.

It is literally the middle of a winter we were told to expect as " long and hard" this year.

I am in shorts and a T shirt, working out in the yard. My windows are open and the heater hasn't been on all day. This was the case yesterday as well.

:cool2:

Here in the Northern Rivers of NSW OZ, it is hot and humid and has been for days, temps around 30 -35C, it is oppressive. The whole of the east coast of NSW seems to be having the same weather.

According to tonights weather forecast the next few days are going to drop to under 30C and rain is on the agenda. Let's hope so as I have about 30+ pots to plant out in my empty front garden in the next few weeks. They are shrivelling up with heat exhaustion at the moment, as am I. :lol:

North west of England slowly getting colder! -6 C today, iced over in my town... Snowing in the places surrounding here... The Ice Age is upon us!

Between Island and Scotland there are the Faroe Islands. Once in a while, say every 7-8 years, they get a lot of snow. This happened at the end of last week, and here is a picture taken by Vilmund Jacobsen and posted on _http://www.in.fo/news-detail/news/kavin-tungur-og-vatur/ 18.01.2015 (13:28). Ususally the snow melts quite quickly and probably this will also be the case this time according to the forecast from _http://www.yr.no/sted/F%C3%A6r%C3%B8yene/Streymoy/T%C3%B3rshavn/ which promises up to 4 degrees Celsius tomorrow and 5 on Tuesday.

Attachments

• kava-kava.jpg
    kava-kava.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 141
Central Spain, 4 C and it has been snowing for at least 2-4 hours now. Tomorrow temperatures will descend to -6C so maybe the snow will stick.

thorbiorn said:
Between Island and Scotland there are the Faroe Islands. Once in a while, say every 7-8 years, they get a lot of snow.
wow - interesting!
lilyalic said:
North west of England slowly getting colder! -6 C today, iced over in my town... Snowing in the places surrounding here... The Ice Age is upon us!

It certainly has begun to turn! Last week there was hail randomly dropping over the NW area and this morning was the first proper frost i've seen. Tonight the sky is quite clear and temps dropping.

The Manchester area:
Temp 0.1°C (-2.4°C) Trend 0°C Dew -1.3°C Max 0.8°C (15:01) Min -3.4°C (04:59) Wind 1.0mph (7.0) S Rain 0.6mm Hum 90%

I'm on the NW coast so i expect it'll get even colder but Scotlands anything from -5C to -10C in the highlands and - and in the middle of January :rolleyes:

That's an awesome photo, Thorbiorn!
Where I live it hardly ever snows - I can only remember two snowfalls here in the last twenty odd years. This is because they have built dams in the mountains around us for the Snowy Mountains authority, which is a hydroelectric system.
The dams have changed the climate. Now they are blaming it on global warming!
Anyway, the weather here is a balmy 24 degrees.
This has been a strange January, usually it is hot and dry, with no rain. This month has seen lots of rainy days, and mostly overcast days.
Perhaps the ice age is coming..

I live in the NSW Northern Rivers area in Australia, too - what a difference a day makes, eh, Lindenlea? The rains came last night and changed a really nasty heat streak. It has been oppressive for a week but last night we had a huge thunder storm, lots of lightening and a sudden drop in temp. Oz has been very hot this summer and if you don't live near the coast, it's sweltering. 2014 hottest year on record.

Ater very low temperatures around Christmas and New year( -20C) ,now a storm and heavy rain in last 24 hours in East part of Macedonia and South Serbia, damaged roads, and houses. More precipitation expected this weekend and then a little dryer and colder week.

_http://www.tanjug.rs/videodet-e.aspx?galID=152084

And here you can see some images from current floods . Its a Macedonian Web,

_http://tocka.com.mk/1/148798/po-golemoto-nevreme-pola-makedonija-pod-voda

itellsya said:
It certainly has begun to turn!

and continues to! Snow hasn't really set in the lower lying areas but i took a trip to Blackburn, a bit higher altitude and further from the coast, and the snow that fell, stuck.

It's chilly at around 5C in the day and is much colder (and windier) at night. I'm currently catching alot of buses and so am experiencing the chill first hand ;) Yesterday the drizzle/rain was what we call 'spitting' and so i was utterly drenched after a few minutes and my toes were frozen.

Looks like same is to come! (posted today at midday)
WSI Europe Weather ‏@WSI_EuroEnergy

#snow Models suggesting colder temps Wed/Thurs UK with snow down to the surface. Temperatures 2 or 3C below normal.
B8HNXQyIgAEdSLD.png

Hudson Valley, NY: By Tuesday morning… Bombogenesis. The Hudson Valley continues to be plastered by heavy snow and wind. Travel anywhere from Atlantic City NJ to southern Maine will be impossible. Snowfall rates of 2 to 4 inches per hour will be common. Blizzard Conditions across New England will drift the snow over 5 to 7 feet… yes, feet.

We`re getting into preparation mode! Generator-check, Gasoline-check, oil lamps-check, canned goods-check, water containers-check, wood close by-check! :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom