Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

Voici une vidéo qui nous est envoyée par un abonné de la ferme Lénine dans la région de Rostov. Les résidents locaux ont arrêté un convoi de militaires sur l'autoroute M4 pour leur donner de la nourriture et simplement exprimer leur gratitude.
Et après tout, de telles choses sont très difficiles à surestimer. Après tout, lorsque des citoyens ordinaires prononcent des mots gentils sans aucun pathétique et manifestent leur soutien, cela a un effet extrêmement positif sur l'esprit combatif et le moral des combattants. Et leur donne une représentation visuelle de qui et pourquoi ils se battent.

Here is a video sent to us by a subscriber of Lenin Farm in Rostov region. Local residents stopped a convoy of military on the M4 highway to give them food and simply express their gratitude.
And after all, such things are very difficult to overestimate. After all, when ordinary citizens speak kind words without any pathos and show their support, it has an extremely positive effect on the fighting spirit and morale of the combatants. And gives them a visual representation of who and why they are fighting.

Le président vénézuélien Nicolas Maduro a prédit un triste avenir pour l'Europe :
« L'Europe est condamnée à perdre la guerre avec la Russie sous tous ses aspects. Les analystes géopolitiques ne comprennent pas le suicide économique de l'Europe dans sa tentative de tuer la Russie."

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro predicted a sad future for Europe:
"Europe is doomed to lose the war with Russia in all its aspects. Geopolitical analysts do not understand Europe's economic suicide in its attempt to kill Russia."

Medvedev issues apocalyptic warning to West over Ukraine​

The former Russian president used a Book of Revelation quote to comment on “Kiev Security Treaty” demands

6320cdb7203027545f48398c.jpg

And then the Western nations will not be
able to sit in their clean homes, laughing at how they carefully weaken Russia by proxy. Everything will be on fire around them. Their people will harvest their grief in full. The land will be on fire and the concrete will melt,”
Medvedev wrote, before citing a Bible verse from Revelations 9:18.

“Yet still the narrow-minded politicians and their stupid think tanks, thoughtfully twirling a glass of wine in their hands, talk about how they can deal with us without entering into a direct war. Dull idiots with a classical education,” Medvedev wrote.

His comments were prompted by Kiev’s publication of a “security treaty” proposal, developed under the tutelage of former NATO secretary-general Anders Fogh Rasmussen. The draft envisions the US and its allies guaranteeing Ukraine’s pre-2014 borders with weapons, ammunition, financial assistance and training, as well as committing to maintain sanctions against Russia for as long as Kiev wants, and handing over any confiscated Russian property to Ukraine

thorbiorn, I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any mention in the press or the news in France concerning the presence of BHL with Zelensky in this accident... Maybe a French member of the forum can confirm or deny this...
Unfortunately, I could not find any other source, however he probably was in Ukraine at the time:
1663317256249.jpeg
The distance by air:
Screenshot 2022-09-16 104306.jpg
And by car:
Screenshot 2022-09-16 104715.jpg
That is all for now.

Unfortunately, I could not find any other source, however he probably was in Ukraine at the time:
View attachment 64029
The distance by air:
View attachment 64030
And by car:
View attachment 64031
That is all for now.
Regarding the presence of BHL in Ukraine, the French press confirmed it... I'm just going to speculate... If BHL had been with Zelensky in the accident, our collaborationist press would undoubtedly have denounced the accident as an Russian attack against our great philosopher fighting for the freedom of the west... 😉

Germany seizes control of Russian oil refineries​

"Berlin is taking control of German subsidiaries of Russian oil major Rosneft, Rosneft Deutschland (RDG) and RN Refining & Marketing, putting them under trust management for six months, the German Ministry of Economics announced on Friday."

Article below:

@Aeneas and @bjorn,
with all due respect and understanding, but... You can continue to convince yourself of this, while everything that I am about to list below and that has been going on continuously since 2014 (only now it is not limited to Donetsk and Lugansk or even just the territory of Ukraine) is happening.

I am not calling for Russia to bomb Kiev like US in Vietnam or Iraqi. I do not understand why they do not act or react in any way to all these bloody terrorist attacks and bloody challenges. In fact, the West slaps the Kremlin and Defense Ministry leadership through Zelensky, through the AFU, and there is no response, except the pathetic cartoon threats of Medvedev or Maria Zakharova, with the endless repetition of "we will not tolerate this" (well, well) and all that. It's just constant blah blah blah. Hitting Krivoy Rog or Kharkov is not the answer. These are not decision-making centers. It's like someone destroying your house and you responding by breaking your opponent's paper coffee cup. It's funny and sad at the same time. Putin himself said that if a fight is inevitable, you should hit first. When a hooligan attacks you on the street in order to take your money and things, you will not stop him with a plea of "please don't do that" and after he has robbed and beaten you, you will follow him saying "you will regret it, I will beat you up next time!" But every night he meets you and beats you, and every time you promise that it will not happen again and you will punish him.

And you don't see, you don't know the mood of people both here in Ukraine and in Russia. You find yourself far away from all these events and society to understand more deeply what is going on. By no means do I intend these words to offend you in any way. I personally see what is going on among the people, how the population of both countries reacts to all events. My Russian friends share with me their thoughts, fears and hopes; they too have many acquaintances and relatives, there are those who are involved in this war, and there is an understanding of the enormous losses among the Russian military. Many Russians, too, are unhappy with the way Russia is conducting its military operation. Most often it is condemnation for the inexcusable actions that Ukraine commits, and there is no harsh response from Russia. Some people are afraid that thanks to such "successes", Russia will soon, as a new "goodwill gesture," simply cancel its military operation and give Ukraine Donbass and Crimea, and then some of its own regions as well. So that "respected Western partners" will not get angry and take away Peskov's mansion in Italy or expel the elite children of top officials from prestigious universities in the United States and Great Britain. Such patriots in the Russian elite. And they still accuse their citizens of "not being patriotic enough" and condemning the mistakes of the Russian command.

And fighting the population until "Zelensky runs out of population to wage war" is not like the Cassiopians said that Russia is doing everyone a favor by eliminating the psychopaths. These psychopaths are in Kiev completely untouched.

At the very least, it was fashionable to hit the military enlistment offices to destroy personal files on all men and create problems for Ukraine to catch and send men to slaughter. Because first of all these are addresses of residence, which would have been lost, the registry.

Anyway, what I wanted to say: I know that the Ukrainian government is completely controlled from London and Washington, everyone understands that. But MUST BE Russia's ADEQUATE response to all these crazy terrorist attacks of Ukraine. This does not mean that Kiev or Lvov must be wiped off the face of the earth. It means to scare the Ukrainian elite so much that they have no desire to do so. While Ukraine brazenly and openly eliminates all pro-Russian officials and civic activists in the lost territories, Medvedev tweets for the thousandth time that he is promising to bring the whole world into apocalypse. It's just ridiculous and it only evokes anger. This is some kind of political impotence. While you have started a war against them!

And after all these cynical and horrible murders of people who cooperate with Russia in the territories it occupies, how many people do you think will want to do business with them now? If Russia can't even protect them, their politicians, those who are helping people in these territories, those who are trying to establish a new life. They simply can't even provide them with bodyguards, surveillance of their movements, homes, places of work, and banal checks of cars for explosive devices. Of course, it's not Daria Dugina or Medvedev's motorcade - why bother with these little people. If they kill those people, we'll put the other ones in charge. So it goes.
And in general, most of the current leadership of these regions and even more so of the security agencies are recruited from the former Ukrainian employees of the administrations and even more so from the Ukrainian special services! This is just some unthinkable nonsense. And we wonder about all these terrorist attacks and leaks to the Ukrainian side.

And even if Zelensky or anyone else in the leadership were destroyed, it would at least create chaos in Kiev for a while and distract them from carrying out their own terrorist attacks and political assassinations. The entire Ukrainian government is 100% scorpions in a jar. They fight among themselves for influence and the possibility of personal enrichment from the country's budget and Western funding.

All of today's terrorist attacks were carried out by Ukraine within just a couple of hours, with a time difference of about 30 minutes between some of them!

Video recordings of the incidents at the links:

Рыбарь
The Ukrainian Armed Forces struck the Kherson regional administration building, with at least five missiles reportedly coming from HIMARS.
There is a public garden, a fountain, and a playground near the administration, where local residents relax.
Again, we are surprised by the lack of similar strikes on government agencies in Ukrainian cities. Such actions would clearly reduce the fervor of Ukrainian officials.

UPD: 3 people were killed and 13 were wounded in varying degrees of severity as a result of the shelling of the center of Kherson.

Рыбарь
Рыбарь
An explosion at the prosecutor's office in the center of Luhansk, in the very office of the chief prosecutor (!) He and his deputy (a woman) were killed.

/ From myself: i.e., someone of his own, from the prosecutor's office, brought explosives through the metal detectors at the entrance to the building and through the guards, set the explosives in the office and left. The explosion took place when the prosecutor-general was there. What does that tell you?
Regarding Kherson, it is exactly the same: the American shells were struck exactly at the time when the Russian-appointed head of the civil-military administration (essentially a military governor, the head of the entire region) was holding a meeting in his office, along with other local politicians. Ukraine knew exactly the time and place.
Think about their level of intelligence, above all with traitors from the locals. These are the so-called "liberated" regions. Freed from whom? If a very large percentage of the population continues to be on the side of Ukraine and helps the Zelensky regime in every way to fight the "occupiers" (for them Russians are the occupiers). It's the same in Energodar, the local Ukrainian publicity pages that I follow regularly report on the elimination of the "orcs" in Energodar, their artillery, equipment, warehouses with ammunition, etc. (Of course, the Ukrainians exaggerate the huge numbers of Russian losses for the purposes of their propaganda and to maintain a victorious mood among the population against the background of their own losses and problems in the country, but nevertheless, there is no smoke without fire). On the Russian side, all losses are also very strictly classified and no such cases are reported at all. /

Рыбарь
In Berdyansk (Russian-controlled Zaporizhia region), Oleg Boiko, deputy head of the Military Civil Administration for housing and utilities, and his wife Lyudmila Boiko, who headed the city's territorial election commission, which had also been involved in preparations for the referendum, were killed. They were reportedly shot near the garage where their car was parked.

/ From myself: how can you justify and tolerate all this all the time and not respond to it? How do you explain to the dead, the injured and their relatives that "NATO is running out of shells and tanks" and that "Zelensky should not be replaced or touched"? I also read a lot of comments from residents of Donetsk and other cities saying that I'd rather Russia not start its defense than all these horrors these people are experiencing. Every damn day. They ask, why hasn't the front from Donetsk been pushed back so far? Ukrainian artillery is right in front of Donetsk. When it has been almost 7 months since the "operation to protect the Russian-speaking population of Ukraine" began.
Meanwhile, Russian propaganda and war correspondents (after receiving instructions and threats from the Ministry of Defense about "proper patriotism and coverage of events") continue to report that "everything is OK, no need to talk about bad things, otherwise you are all then Ukrainian propaganda, agents of the psychological operations center, Ukrainian bots" (exactly as Ukrainians say about everyone who does not share their opinion and the "official position of the government" that they are Putin's bots and Russian propaganda agents). The same methods.

Also today from 12 noon the AFU antillery started shelling at Energodar again. I was in the yard at that time and heard it clearly. It went on for about 1.5 hours. And at that time Russian telegram channels confirmed the hits on Energodar.
By the way, last night and tonight the Russian army retaliated with Iranian kamikaze drones on Nikopol and the outskirts of my city. Local authorities reported 5 drone remnants in Nikopol and 3 in my city. /

Last edited by a moderator:
By no means do I intend these words to offend you in any way.

Thank you for considering this, and I don't feel offended. You are just sharing your opinion on the matter and we all appreciate that.

But do you think you can clearly assess the situation with everything that's happening on your doorstep? Because I can imagine that is difficult. If so, please don't let the emotions take over.

And fighting the population until "Zelensky runs out of population to wage war" is not like the Cassiopians said that Russia is doing everyone a favor by eliminating the psychopaths. These psychopaths are in Kiev completely untouched.
With all due respect and understanding, but... You can continue to convince yourself of this, while everything that I am about to list below and that has been going on continuously since 2014 (only now it is not limited to Donetsk and Lugansk or even just the territory of Ukraine) is happening.
I am not calling for Russia to bomb Kiev like US in Vietnam or Iraqi. I do not understand why they do not act or react in any way to all these bloody terrorist attacks and bloody challenges. In fact, the West slaps the Kremlin and Defense Ministry leadership through Zelensky, through the AFU, and there is no response, except the pathetic cartoon threats of Medvedev or Maria Zakharova, with the endless repetition of "we will not tolerate this" (well, well) and all that. It's just constant blah blah blah. Hitting Krivoy Rog or Kharkov is not the answer. These are not decision-making centers. It's like someone destroying your house and you responding by breaking your opponent's paper coffee cup. It's funny and sad at the same time. Putin himself said that if a fight is inevitable, you should hit first. When a hooligan attacks you on the street in order to take your money and things, you will not stop him with a plea of "please don't do that" and after he has robbed and beaten you, you will follow him saying "you will regret it, I will beat you up next time!" But every night he meets you and beats you, and every time you promise that it will not happen again and you will punish him.

And you don't see, you don't know the mood of people both here in Ukraine and in Russia. You find yourself far away from all these events and society to understand more deeply what is going on. By no means do I intend these words to offend you in any way. I personally see what is going on among the people, how the population of both countries reacts to all events. My Russian friends share with me their thoughts, fears and hopes; they too have many acquaintances and relatives, there are those who are involved in this war, and there is an understanding of the enormous losses among the Russian military. Many Russians, too, are unhappy with the way Russia is conducting its military operation. Most often it is condemnation for the inexcusable actions that Ukraine commits, and there is no harsh response from Russia. Some people are afraid that thanks to such "successes," Russia will soon, as a new "goodwill gesture," simply cancel its military operation and give Ukraine Donbass and Crimea, and then some of its own regions as well. So that "respected Western partners" will not get angry and take away Peskov's mansion in Italy or expel the elite children of top officials from prestigious universities in the United States and Great Britain. Such patriots in the Russian elite. And they still accuse their citizens of "not being patriotic enough" and condemning the mistakes of the Russian command.

And fighting the population until "Zelensky runs out of population to wage war" is doesn't look like much the C's said that Russia is doing everyone a favor by eliminating the psychopaths. These psychopaths are in Kiev completely untouched.
At the very least, it was fashionable to hit the military enlistment offices to destroy personal files on all men and create problems for Ukraine to catch and send men to slaughter. Because first of all these are addresses of residence, which would have been lost, the registry.

Anyway, what I wanted to say: I know that the Ukrainian government is completely controlled from London and Washington, everyone understands that. But MUST BE Russia's ADEQUATE response to all these crazy terrorist attacks of Ukraine. This does not mean that Kiev or Lvov must be wiped off the face of the earth. It means to scare the Ukrainian elite so much that they have no desire to do so. While Ukraine brazenly and openly eliminates all pro-Russian officials and civic activists in the lost territories, Medvedev tweets for the thousandth time that he is promising to bring the whole world into apocalypse. It's just ridiculous and it only evokes anger. This is some kind of political impotence. While you have started a war against them!

And after all these cynical and horrible murders of people who cooperate with Russia in the territories it occupies, how many people do you think will want to do business with them now? If Russia can't even protect them, their politicians, those who are helping people in these territories, those who are trying to establish a new life. They simply can't even provide them with bodyguards, surveillance of their movements, homes, places of work, and banal checks of cars for explosive devices. Of course, it's not Daria Dugina or Medvedev's motorcade - why bother with these little people. If they kill those people, we'll put the other ones in charge. So it goes.
And in general, most of the current leadership of these regions and even more so of the security agencies are recruited from the former Ukrainian employees of the administrations and even more so from the Ukrainian special services! This is just some unthinkable nonsense. And we wonder about all these terrorist attacks and leaks to the Ukrainian side.

And even if Zelensky or anyone else in the leadership were destroyed, it would at least create chaos in Kiev for a while and distract them from carrying out their own terrorist attacks and political assassinations. The entire Ukrainian government is 100% scorpions in a jar. They fight among themselves for influence and the possibility of personal enrichment from the country's budget and Western funding.

All of today's terrorist attacks were carried out by Ukraine within just a couple of hours, with a time difference of about 30 minutes between some of them!

Рыбарь
The Ukrainian Armed Forces struck the Kherson regional administration building, with at least five missiles reportedly coming from HIMARS.
There is a public garden, a fountain, and a playground near the administration, where local residents relax.
Again, we are surprised by the lack of similar strikes on government agencies in Ukrainian cities. Such actions would clearly reduce the fervor of Ukrainian officials.

UPD: 3 people were killed and 13 were wounded in varying degrees of severity as a result of the shelling of the center of Kherson.

Рыбарь
Рыбарь
An explosion at the prosecutor's office in the center of Luhansk, in the very office of the chief prosecutor (!) He and his deputy (a woman) were killed.

/ From myself: i.e., someone of his own, from the prosecutor's office, brought explosives through the metal detectors at the entrance to the building and through the guards, set the explosives in the office and left. The explosion took place when the prosecutor-general was there. What does that tell you?
Regarding Kherson, it is exactly the same: the American shells were struck exactly at the time when the Russian-appointed head of the civil-military administration (essentially a military governor, the head of the entire region) was holding a meeting in his office, along with other local politicians. Ukraine knew exactly the time and place.
Think about their level of intelligence, above all with traitors from the locals. These are the so-called "liberated" regions. Freed from whom? If a very large percentage of the population continues to be on the side of Ukraine and helps the Zelensky regime in every way to fight the "occupiers" (for them Russians are the occupiers). It's the same in Energodar, the local Ukrainian publicity pages that I follow regularly report on the elimination of the "orcs" in Energodar, their artillery, equipment, warehouses with ammunition, etc. (Of course, the Ukrainians exaggerate the huge numbers of Russian losses for the purposes of their propaganda and to maintain a victorious mood among the population against the background of their own losses and problems in the country, but nevertheless, there is no smoke without fire). On the Russian side, all losses are also very strictly classified and no such cases are reported at all. /

Рыбарь
In Berdyansk (Russian-controlled Zaporizhia region), Oleg Boiko, deputy head of the Military Civil Administration for housing and utilities, and his wife Lyudmila Boiko, who headed the city's territorial election commission, which had also been involved in preparations for the referendum, were killed. They were reportedly shot near the garage where their car was parked.

/ From myself: how can you justify and tolerate all this all the time and not respond to it? How do you explain to the dead, the injured and their relatives that "NATO is running out of shells and tanks" and that "Zelensky should not be replaced or touched"? I also read a lot of comments from residents of Donetsk and other cities saying that I'd rather Russia not start its defense than all these horrors these people are experiencing. Every damn day. They ask, why hasn't the front from Donetsk been pushed back so far? Ukrainian artillery is right in front of Donetsk. When it has been almost 7 months since the "operation to protect the Russian-speaking population of Ukraine" began.
Meanwhile, Russian propaganda and war correspondents (after receiving instructions and threats from the Ministry of Defense about "proper patriotism and coverage of events") continue to report that "everything is OK, no need to talk about bad things, otherwise you are all then Ukrainian propaganda, agents of the psychological operations center, Ukrainian bots" (exactly as Ukrainians say about everyone who does not share their opinion and the "official position of the government" that they are Putin's bots and Russian propaganda agents). The same methods.

Also today from 12 noon the AFU antillery started shelling at Energodar again. I was in the yard at that time and heard it clearly. It went on for about 1.5 hours. And at that time Russian telegram channels confirmed the hits on Energodar.
By the way, last night and tonight the Russian army retaliated with Iranian kamikaze drones on Nikopol and the outskirts of my city. Local authorities reported 5 drone remnants in Nikopol and 3 in my city. /

I apologize for the repeated text in my message, some bugs occur when editing through the phone and input here, and I already can not correct this text because of the time limit for editing. It is very inconvenient to write long texts without a computer, with many apps running on my phone, several open text editors and translator help.

Perhaps the administrators will help to correct the duplicated text.

@Aeneas and @bjorn,
with all due respect and understanding, but... You can continue to convince yourself of this, while everything that I am about to list below and that has been going on continuously since 2014 (only now it is not limited to Donetsk and Lugansk or even just the territory of Ukraine) is happening.

And you don't see, you don't know the mood of people both here in Ukraine and in Russia. You find yourself far away from all these events and society to understand more deeply what is going on. By no means do I intend these words to offend you in any way. I personally see what is going on among the people, how the population of both countries reacts to all events. My Russian friends share with me their thoughts, fears and hopes; they too have many acquaintances and relatives, there are those who are involved in this war, and there is an understanding of the enormous losses among the Russian military. Many Russians, too, are unhappy with the way Russia is conducting its military operation. Most often it is condemnation for the inexcusable actions that Ukraine commits, and there is no harsh response from Russia. Some people are afraid that thanks to such "successes", Russia will soon, as a new "goodwill gesture," simply cancel its military operation and give Ukraine Donbass and Crimea, and then some of its own regions as well. So that "respected Western partners" will not get angry and take away Peskov's mansion in Italy or expel the elite children of top officials from prestigious universities in the United States and Great Britain. Such patriots in the Russian elite. And they still accuse their citizens of "not being patriotic enough" and condemning the mistakes of the Russian command.

With all due respect and understanding, but... You can continue to convince yourself of this, while everything that I am about to list below and that has been going on continuously since 2014 (only now it is not limited to Donetsk and Lugansk or even just the territory of Ukraine) is happening.

And you don't see, you don't know the mood of people both here in Ukraine and in Russia. You find yourself far away from all these events and society to understand more deeply what is going on. By no means do I intend these words to offend you in any way. I personally see what is going on among the people, how the population of both countries reacts to all events. My Russian friends share with me their thoughts, fears and hopes; they too have many acquaintances and relatives, there are those who are involved in this war, and there is an understanding of the enormous losses among the Russian military. Many Russians, too, are unhappy with the way Russia is conducting its military operation. Most often it is condemnation for the inexcusable actions that Ukraine commits, and there is no harsh response from Russia. Some people are afraid that thanks to such "successes," Russia will soon, as a new "goodwill gesture," simply cancel its military operation and give Ukraine Donbass and Crimea, and then some of its own regions as well. So that "respected Western partners" will not get angry and take away Peskov's mansion in Italy or expel the elite children of top officials from prestigious universities in the United States and Great Britain. Such patriots in the Russian elite. And they still accuse their citizens of "not being patriotic enough" and condemning the mistakes of the Russian command.

And fighting the population until "Zelensky runs out of population to wage war" is doesn't look like much the C's said that Russia is doing everyone a favor by eliminating the psychopaths. These psychopaths are in Kiev completely untouched.

Рыбарь

Рыбарь
Рыбарь

Рыбарь

It is a war, Russia did not want it because it is destructive, mistakes are made and innocents die and other times it is almost impossible to avoid losses, they call it a military operation because it is not total (so harmful to civilians, infrastructure and even to the troops) expected that Ukraine would respond in a better way with surrender and vision of reality, but the calculations failed and it is not like that and they are left with no choice but to take off the gloves as they have said and even so it is still not a total war. .. I feel sorry for you because your situation must be horrible, but there is no longer much room for moderation, a war is a war and there is no way to remove the horrible part, in this case it is a fight for survival between two blocks and his vision of the world, "the good guys" will not necessarily survive because they are the good guys so getting dirty with blood is part of the game and it has finally started and those on the other side don't want to die or give up their vision either from reality so it was inevitable that the whole situation would get even worse, from worldliness you cannot escape that simple and it was up to you first to experience in your own flesh a real clash of forces that try to impose one on another without That many Russians and the rest of the world are aware of the magnitude of this at a higher level, the rest of us will surely have difficult things in the future too, try to see it from a higher vision and stay safe as much as you can... I understand that you are literally in the middle of a massacre and it is not easy at all, nor do you expect that only love will come from Russia and that all Russian citizens do not have a vision of rejection towards the Ukrainians (as in all wars and earthly rivalries, this should not surprise you), as I said, you are in the middle of an unleashed fight full of chaos that neither Russia nor Putin can control in all its aspects.

with all due respect and understanding, but... You can continue to convince yourself of this

During the Russian campaign in Syria, I also read reports from concerned Syrian citizens that Russia and their allies were losing the war and were not doing enough.

Look at the situation now.

True, I can speak easily since it is far away from where I am but also understand that this takes a lot of patience. Defeating 800K troops takes time. But as shared earlier. It looks very much like Russia has already defeated 200K+.

Last edited:
Many Russians, too, are unhappy with the way Russia is conducting its military operation. Most often it is condemnation for the inexcusable actions that Ukraine commits, and there is no harsh response from Russia. Some people are afraid that thanks to such "successes", Russia will soon, as a new "goodwill gesture," simply cancel its military operation and give Ukraine Donbass and Crimea, and then some of its own regions as well. So that "respected Western partners" will not get angry and take away Peskov's mansion in Italy or expel the elite children of top officials from prestigious universities in the United States and Great Britain. Such patriots in the Russian elite. And they still accuse their citizens of "not being patriotic enough" and condemning the mistakes of the Russian command.

This kind of thinking just isn't supported by reality, and it's no surprise that masses of people in Russia as well as Ukraine have problems reading the situation accurately. It's what people do, when they don't put time and effort into understanding the whole picture. This war is far from over, let's not be too hasty to judge the overall strategic situation yet. From where I sit, demilitarisation of Ukraine and the West is proceeding rapidly. That is no mean feat. As for escalation and retaliation, let's be careful what we wish for and wait and see.

Various dynamic situations including many former Soviet states, Syria, Turkey etc. have to be factored into this as well.

Hope you are staying safe and coping with being right in the middle of this tragedy. It must be frustrating to see the rest of the world endlessly speculating about things you can see and hear yourself.

You are completely correct @Lumiere_du_Code that most of us here are removed from the situation and do not know the 'mood' of the people on the ground. Your perspectives from there are welcomed and provide us with another perspective, as well as insights into what the people are experiencing there. Please, keep sharing! :-)

On the other hand, this network as a whole has a very good understanding of the big picture in terms of the geopolitical situation, but also in terms of the psychological behavior and reactions of both the individual, and the masses. Russians and Ukrainians will have all kinds of 'moods' and 'feelings', and will make several snap judgments every day, as we know the masses of people are basically led and driven by their feelings, not by knowledge and love for truth, and definitely not by efforts to see the whole by combining both left and right hemispheres of their brains. People's limbic systems are built to avoid pain, and these people are feeling the pain daily, so of course they will rant about what goes on: one day it is this, another day it is that. It is difficult to take a gestalt zen observer approach when there is so much discomfort around. What is obvious is that Russia had to take action, and any action will require compromises and suffering. There is just no way out of this: some will die now to avoid more death in the future.

It is clear what is happening to Ukraine is absolutely dreadful, and many innocent people will suffer. We also know from a spiritual perspective it seems that many in these times must suffer (even in Ukraine as the regular people did not know how to stand up en masse to the evil creeping into the country over the past few decades, although some saw the writing on the wall and left the country long ago). Therefore, it really does not matter what some Russians or Ukrainians "feel" about this conflict, that they are somehow critical of it, as the fact of the matter is, they do not know very much about it, and they definitely could not walk very far in the shoes of the Russian decision-makers.

[Edit: noticed at same time Ben posted a similar sentiment :) ]

Back
Top Bottom