Excellent dialogue, themes and story, but I couldn't make it past episode 6 because of the 'wokeness.' How many gay interracial couples can you have in a single show? And once they introduced Desire (I assume?) and couldn't tell if he/she was a man or a woman, stopped watching after that. It was too much.

Excellent dialogue, themes and story, but I couldn't make it past episode 6 because of the 'wokeness.' How many gay interracial couples can you have in a single show? And once they introduced Desire (I assume?) and couldn't tell if he/she was a man or a woman, stopped watching after that. It was too much.
Funny, because Desire is one of the characters closest to their comic book representation! :lol:

These series are on ours ‘wait list’. Can’t comment on the substance yet.
That lgbt narrative is to say obligatory today in Hollywood. Either to quit watching tv at all, or try to dig/get the ‘seed’ if present.
It is like in Sense 8 by Wachowsky. Many scenes of ‘inappropriate behavior’ 🙆, that get a lot of people to finish watching the show, but substantively there are good ideas and insights of how networking/interconnected souls can/should cooperate/help others🙏

After watching all the chapters and the extra chapter, and without having read the comic book, I can now give a more finished opinion. And after seeing the relationship between the characters, one understands what is the appeal of the story, at least by the good comments I see here in the forum despite the woke content that is injected into the series.

Needless to say it is its metaphysics, but I think commenting on it is enriching.

The thing is that Dream, Desire, Death, etc. are nothing more than the personification of the attributes of creation. Or as Ibn Arabi pointed out, the names of God.

And this is where it appears how things take on another meaning and another understanding when we inquire into the qualities of each Eternal and how they interact with each other.

For example, Lucifer makes his appearance at the end of the first season and we can see his combat with Dream. Desire has a latent and constant animosity against Dream, and Desire is apparently somehow allied with Lucifer.

Here we can see something interesting. What made Lucifer fall and rebel against God? It was Desire!

And why do Desire and Lucifer have this hatred, this animosity against Dream?

Because Dream, although he is in charge of a realm that men are supposed to go there for introspection, it has been seen that Dream and his realm can literally alter reality, can create or destroy universes:

A: First of all, confusion abounds here due to incorrect interpretations of the last subject discussed. Dimensions are not densities!!!! Dimensions are strictly the result of the universal consciousness as manifested in the imagination sector of thought. Density means level of development as measured in terms of closeness to union with The One... Cycle. So, obviously, the "chupacabras" is a manifestation of human consciousness, and, human beings are a manifestation of the Chupacabras consciousness. Get it? Now, a shocker for you: You would not exist if someone didn't "dream you up."

Q: (L) Who dreamed me up?

A: Not important just yet. You literally are the "figments" of someone's imagination, and nothing more!!!

Q: (L) You mean God dreams and brings us into existence?

A: Remember, "God" is really all existence in creation, in other words, all consciousness. This is because all existence in creation is consciousness, and vice versa.

So one can appreciate that the character of Dream is as a name of God or attribute of creation, it is one of the central axes or nucleus of creation per se. If Desire and Lucifer could lay their hands on Dream and his kingdom, that is to say, conquer it, the conclusion is that they would obtain absolute power over everything that exists, has existed and will exist. It is evident that desire, even though it is an attribute or name, a brother of Dream, cannot exercise its full nature if it is not through Dream.

After all, every Desire that a mortal may have is part of a Dream....

Back
Top Bottom