Graham Hancock

This trailer for the series, Ancient Apocalypsee, led me just now to a 14 minute Joe Rogan video with Hancock and a Randall Carlson. The kicker that Carlson announces at the end is that Mazda motors is investing $25,000,000 in testing the possibility of retrofitting the combustion motor using - not sure what best describes it - but energy based on years of research, with patents now in hand, with sound and the vibratory rates of the elements. Carlson, - many of you probably know him, I didn't but will find out more - taught about ancient sacred geometry and the inventors of this new application said to him that he built the foundation and they put the house on top of it.

First thought was, EV's are so last year's news, and maybe just in time. Probably many other energy techs could revolutionize if Mazda puts its money where its mouth is.

This also brings calls to mind the book 'The Power of the Pendulum' by Lethbridge - I found that book through it's mention on this forum - where Lethbridge, through charting the elements with a pendulum, was led to dowsing into other dimensions. Lethbridge might have dowsed deeper in terms of aspects of the vibrations of elements had he known what Carlson has been talking about. I wonder if he could have investigated anything like this power with a pendulum. With a pendulum you can transmit medicines, the frequency of images and so on, I've learned in looking into dowsing. Well, I guess it is our minds, that can do things like this depending on our basic belief system.

My brother replied recently to my enthusiastic conversation with him about dowsing with a story. He did, I think, hear this as a true tale in B.C.. Two prospectors went deep into the wilderness prospecting for gold. They didn't find gold but got totally lost and had to dowse their way back to their vehicle. Which they did.
Edit of sentence, 'with a pendulum you can transmit medicines, the frequency of images, and so on', I don't have hard proof of this. Consider this an hypothesis! This from discussion with a homeopath. Then there is radionics which I don't fully understand, but it seems a method of transfering information of various kinds to a human body.

Forgot to include the link to the 14 minute video... here it is.

The series presents some interesting and intriguing places. However, in many instances Hancock jumps into conclusions with no strong supporting evidence, which weakens somehow the other arguments presented.
One important point he makes is about the necessity of archaeology in the ocean shores. Large populations and big cities tend to concentrate along sea shores, especially if we consider a maritime civilization. Fortunately he didn't talk about psychoactive substances as he does with Rogan.

The series presents some interesting and intriguing places. However, in many instances Hancock jumps into conclusions with no strong supporting evidence, which weakens somehow the other arguments presented.
One important point he makes is about the necessity of archaeology in the ocean shores. Large populations and big cities tend to concentrate along sea shores, especially if we consider a maritime civilization. Fortunately he didn't talk about psychoactive substances as he does with Rogan.
Yes, from what I've seen so far, he ventures into many assumptions that could lead to false knowledge being implemented in someone.

However, he explores many sites that I didn't know about and is very interesting, although once again digital reconstructions of such sites can lead to the wrong site.

It is good that from time to time there is something that can be seen on TV.

I'm really enjoying the series and even my husband started to watch. As he has done such a good job of bringing some unusual places to our attention I'm allowing him a certain leeway in some of his assumptions. He is also very easy on the ears and I like his manner of speaking.....very relaxed.

I have to confess I found it very strange sitting watching the t.v. screen after abandoning t.v.viewing years ago. It took some time for me to relax and stop twitching. Thanks Chad for the recommendation.

One important point he makes is about the necessity of archaeology in the ocean shores. Large populations and big cities tend to concentrate along sea shores, especially if we consider a maritime civilization.

Yes, he did do that (with some graphics), which as a discussion in a big landscape/deluge picture, is very important (IMO). This came up on the forum when looking at the whole out of Africa business - its theory, as opposed to Australia, and the connectivity with northern islands. Hancock touched on this with Java et cetera.

Hancock's visuals of the Derinkuyu subterranean community, including the surrounding communities (that seem to have perhaps been even connected underground) was interesting, and again he used graphics - see graphic illustration sample below that provides a subterranean window of what they said had been mapped. Graham's reasoning for their existence (although I scratch my head thinking of the building of them - amazing) makes more sense then the accepted sacred cow positions as laid down.

Site relationships with stars (positions changing in time) was represented, a commonality across the globe for old sites. I had not seen this done for the Ohio Serpent Mound site, and his use of different graphic views for this was good, including stripping away the vegetation.

Production-wise (don't know a lot about this aspect), there appeared to have been sponsors of some type, Jeep looked to be one (vehicle highlights). Realistically, to travel and do what he does must require some backing, while the music combined with dramatic pauses and camera pans and repeats, was noted. At one point, it even might have seemed to be a little Jesse Ventura'ish in delivery (don't know why that came up), and Jesse at times can be good.

Overall, enjoyed it. Also, being that it was on Netfix, it may help others to start to look at these matters when they never have before. However, it is such a massive study that where does one start and end - Graham only had 30 min. sessions to look a particular site and make the case for a bigger older picture. Hancock was able to feature Carlson (and some others), who has a good bead on many cosmic issues discussed, although here with Hancock, he only scratched the surface (scablands). One point he makes, which was great, was the brief look at the Younger Dryas Black Mat, very important. Here is the Cosmic Tusks deeper look (and see Pierre's book and articles, such as (cross reference post) "this, this and this"):

Representation of the Derinkuyu subterranean community (the documentary description is fascinating):
1668577991374.png

I saw the first episode last night - very interesting and in-line with the overall theme of Fingerprints of the Gods, except he uncovers more ancient sites and structures in the show. Will keep watching, for sure.
Same here. We hadn't even heard of the Indonesian site they covered, which was pretty amazing. I'd say the production is a tad over-the-top, to put it mildly, but the content is still fascinating and well presented. Looking forward to watching the rest!

Graham did do a lot of speculating. But, he also had some people on who knew what they were talking about. A lot more than mainstream archeologists just saying that what Graham is saying is just wrong, that's it, no explanations why except that they have already found the answers and they are right. There is no need to look further.

At least Graham is asking questions about things that don't add up. And, coming up with some very interesting conclusions that make a lot of sense. Mainstream archeologists don't want anyone to question there "findings" because that means that they could be wrong....and that is not allowed.

I still have a couple of episodes to watch, but so far, pretty good. The show generally summarises much of what Graham has written about over the years, Especially the Fingerprints of the Gods, Magicians of the Gods and America Before books.

In terms of the presentation, it is a bit over the top and very compressed. I get the impression it is designed to be sold/licenced on to US TV channels. Given that Netflix can make a show any length they like, this seems to be written in the format of half-hour US shows, with three short sections per episode with time for putting in two ad breaks.

From memory, for example in the first episode about the structure in Indonesia: The archaeologist finds two layers of human remains, the oldest of which is at something like 900BC or older. Then the geologist dates some more profound sediments to something like 20000BC. Later Hancock says that the survivors of the Indonesian sub-continent fled the shores after the Younger Dryas catastrophe and built this hill. Now, if the samples of the geologist to 20000BC or 9000BC correspond to a strata with human remains or and artificial structure at that depth, the argument would be strong. But with the evidence presented, it's still an unproved guess, which could be true or wrong.
Still from memory, for the Malta temples, they present evidence for the presence of neanderthals, hence the possibility of having modern humans on the island before the neolithic migration. That's interesting but it tells nothing about the date of the building of the megalithic temples. No smoking gun that they were built at the end of the last ice age.
Also, if I'm recalling right, they have a guess dating of the Cappadoccian underground to the 1st millennium BC or something. It is true that the actual building of these facilities can be older, but there is no proof they date back to the ice age. If we agree for instance that they were built to shelter from episodes of intense celestial activity, it could be for instance an episode in the 1st millennium BC, or the 2nd millennium BC, or the 3rd, etc. We just don't know which, not necessarily the end of the ice age.
The subject of the series is about a possible global civilization that was destroyed at the end of the ice age (basically Atlantis). Some artifacts could perhaps be traced to this civilization, which is possible, but the argument supporting the assertion that a certain specific structure was built at the end of the Younger Dryas appears to be weak in some instances. OSIT
The series is fascinating nonetheless, especially seeing these places and monuments at the human scale.

Just finished watching this the other day, as with others, I found it very interesting. And of course, being a bit skeptical about these things, I can only wonder how did this end up on Netflix? He had Randall Carlson, Allen West from the Comet Research Group (who with Richard Firestone wrote The Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes), Joe Rogan and more.

I can't recall if it was mentioned, almost sure it wasn't, but was a bit disappointing that Hancock didn't show the Carolina Bays map and continued to build his strong case.

I watched it all and I agree that Hancock jumps to conclusions on a number of places while sometimes having trouble separating assumptions from the actual facts presented. I also agree that the presented evidence leaves much to be desired in some instances. Having said that, I have to say again that with the whole premise of the documentary he has done a great job in bringing the whole scenario to mainstream attention. And I think he deserves credit for that. We also have to say that it is still notoriously difficult, with the evidence we have at our disposal - and the great magnitude and global extent of the destruction that went along with the cataclysm at the end of the last ice age - to present hard and bulletproof evidence for a global advanced civilization. What makes this even more difficult is the likelihood that the mode of that possible advanced civilization could have been very different to our approach on civilization and „advancement“ which could mean that it is even harder to detect the remnants of that civilization from our point of view. But I‘m sure there is a whole lot that still can be found globally which would make the case for a global advanced civilization bulletproof. And with what Hancock did here, he is contributing a great deal to further that research IMO. Which is a great thing.

I‘m looking forward to further installments and hope he won’t go into the whole psychedelic business (as he sadly alluded to, that he would like to do so, in the Rogan interview).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom