Graham Hancock

I can't recall if it was mentioned, almost sure it wasn't, but was a bit disappointing that Hancock didn't show the Carolina Bays map and continued to build his strong case.
I was waiting for it, yet no, he did not. It would have been a good segue to have had Carlson (Hancock showed some maps) to weigh in on it, but there just seems to be not enough time available in the episodes to delved too deep.

I can only wonder how did this end up on Netflix?

The latest season of “Unsolved Mysteries” on Netflix had me wondering the same thing. There are two episodes about big UFO sightings that I’d never heard of before, an episode about a Native American team of police who investigated paranormal situations involving Bigfoot and what can only be described in our parlance as ‘window fallers’, and a woman and her daughter who had ghost and poltergeist type experiences in an apartment they moved into that were connected to a woman who once live in the apartment who was brutally murdered. The woman later had dreams which gave clues to the location of the body.

Netflix are being used as a ‘disclosure’ outlet, big time.

From memory, for example in the first episode about the structure in Indonesia: The archaeologist finds two layers of human remains, the oldest of which is at something like 900BC or older. Then the geologist dates some more profound sediments to something like 20000BC. Later Hancock says that the survivors of the Indonesian sub-continent fled the shores after the Younger Dryas catastrophe and built this hill. Now, if the samples of the geologist to 20000BC or 9000BC correspond to a strata with human remains or and artificial structure at that depth, the argument would be strong. But with the evidence presented, it's still an unproved guess, which could be true or wrong.

I’m not sure whether I’m understanding you correctly. I just watched the episode and he doesn’t say anything about survivors from the shores building the pyramid. He speaks of another place in Micronesia where they also built with those volcanic columns and wonders if they were built by the same people.

Maybe I didn’t pick up on the part you’re talking about?

I was waiting for it, yet no, he did not. It would have been a good segue to have had Carlson (Hancock showed some maps) to weigh in on it, but there just seems to be not enough time available in the episodes to delved too deep.
I was also waiting for it, but maybe because the bays aren't in line with his timeframe for the younger dryas period event? not sure really.. I am just speculating.

I do think he jumped to expose his conclusions rather than show his research, and a lot of what he said was way above my head, but he also had short episodes to work with and I suppose the production team might've chosen to go with shocking/beautiful images than detailed explanations... but what I found valuable, was the central message of his program: A massive disaster took place a long time ago, which turned into the legends of the flood the world over, and it's cyclical, which means it will more than likely happen again.

Not being a scientist or historian myself, I thought that such a message was valuable.

And Netflix, well... maybe they are the disclosure avenue of choice these days, or the test ground for the popularity of certain ideas. Or someone is loosing control of what gets out there.. who knows.

Just caught this....I mean, I don't even know what to say.

Graham Hancock's Ancient Apocalypse Netflix series 'promotes racist conspiracy theories', claim archaeologists

Hit Netflix documentary Ancient Apocalypse promotes white supremacy and racist conspiracy theories, archaeologists - including a Research Fellow at Cardiff University - are claiming. However, an independent researcher and author has said such claims are fuelled by "jealousy" - and that bringing in "woke argument" is "nothing short of desperation on the part of academia".

[...]
However, the existence of a lost civilisation, such as Atlantis, is still vehemently disputed by mainstream archaeologists. And some argue that such claims "repurpose long debunked and racist conspiracy theories".

[...]
"Pseudoarchaeology is useful to white nationalism specifically because it casts doubt on the achievements of BIPOC communities, opening the doors to rewriting history through a white power lens."

JASON DOES not like Mr Hancock - but he does like EDGAR CAYCE & Nostradamus ..

Graham Hancock Primer ...
55 minutes ..
nov 19 2022...
Archaix Jason Breshears

I’m not sure whether I’m understanding you correctly. I just watched the episode and he doesn’t say anything about survivors from the shores building the pyramid. He speaks of another place in Micronesia where they also built with those volcanic columns and wonders if they were built by the same people.

Maybe I didn’t pick up on the part you’re talking about?

Yes, @mkrnhr. I misunderstood. He says it in the final episode of the series. I had only watched the first episode which focused on the pyramid itself.

Edit of sentence, 'with a pendulum you can transmit medicines, the frequency of images, and so on', I don't have hard proof of this. Consider this an hypothesis! This from discussion with a homeopath. Then there is radionics which I don't fully understand, but it seems a method of transfering information of various kinds to a human body.

Forgot to include the link to the 14 minute video... here it is.

Radionics actually work well for farming. Check out what this farmer has to say Radionics on the Farm: Too Woo-Woo for You? - Nourishing Traditions

Radionics actually work well for farming. Check out what this farmer has to say Radionics on the Farm: Too Woo-Woo for You? - Nourishing Traditions
Thank you thisplacerocks: for link to Radionics on the Farm! I have sketchy info on farm radionics but heard a Hugh Lovell lecture at Guelph Organic Conference about 25 years ago. I really liked his lecture but what I remember most is that he said if you are broadcasting radionics info for your land be sure to limit it to your land as your farming neighbours didn't sign up for this practice. That was a seed of a whole new realm of ideas, though at the time I wasn't in a position to practice what he said.

Found this thread while searching for 'pyramids'...

This Italian university chemist guy, with lots of interests in ancient history, ufology and all over, published some preliminary pdf with the reconstructed interior of the great pyramid:scared:

Having links with a radiofrequency researcher (can't spell the exact word for it), they utilized a satellite to scan the interior of the great pyramid of Giza.

He also theorized that the 'Pharaoh' utilized the pyramid to regenerate their bodies, in line with one of the C's answer about such device.

There's a recent youtube video interview and his website, and the link to download the pdf.

His conclusion is that the pyramid's internal chambers and shafts were running a machine filled with water. The internal corridors form a sort of diapason shape that produces frequencies for body regeneration. Unfortunately it's all in Italian by now, but you can watch the images on the pdf, pages 32 and on.

Just caught this....I mean, I don't even know what to say.
And yesterday from The Guardian:
Ancient Apocalypse is the most dangerous show on Netflix
Stuart Heritage @stuheritage Wed 23 Nov 2022 10.54 GMT

A show with a truly preposterous theory is one of the streaming giant’s biggest hits – and it seems to exist solely for conspiracy theorists. Why has this been allowed?
[picture]

A show for people who like to shout at you on Twitter … Graham Hancock, presenter of Ancient Apocalypse. Photograph: Netflix

At the time of writing, Ancient Apocalypse has been comfortably sitting in Netflix’s Top 10 list for several days. This presents something of a mystery, because the show closely resembles the sort of half-baked filler documentary that one of the lesser Discovery channels would slap up at 3am between shows about plane crashes and fascist architecture. Ancient Apocalypse obviously has an audience, but who on Earth is it?

Fortunately, you don’t have to watch for long to find out. In quick succession, during the pre-show sizzle reel, we are treated to clips of the show’s host Graham Hancock being interviewed by Jordan Peterson and Joe Rogan. Finally, we have an answer: Ancient Apocalypse must be a TV programme made exclusively for people who like to shout at you on Twitter.

Of course it is. These people are Hancock’s bread and butter; the “free thinkers” who, through some bizarre quirk of nature, are often more perennially outraged than anyone else on Earth. They’re drawn to Ancient Apocalypse, thanks in part to Hancock’s loud and persistent claims that his life’s work is being suppressed by Big Archaeology.

The thrust of Ancient Apocalypse is as follows: Hancock believes that an advanced ice-age civilisation – responsible for teaching humanity concepts such as maths, architecture and agriculture – was wiped out in a giant flood brought about by multiple comet strikes about 12,000 years ago. There are signs everywhere you look, he says. To prove this, he spends an entire television series looking everywhere.

Hancock travels to Malta, to Mexico, to Indonesia, and to the US, purely so he can look at remnants of old structures and insist that they prove his theory. Which isn’t to say that is all he does, of course, because a great deal of every episode is spent railing at the buttoned-up archeological institutions that fail to listen to him (because, according to them, the whole theory doesn’t stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever).

The result – sadly, given it’s about an intelligent life form being exploded off the planet in a hail of cometfire – is preposterously boring. Hancock goes to a place and says: “They want you to think it’s this, but actually it’s that,” over and over again. I once got trapped at a party with a Flat Earther. It was a very similar experience to watching this.

Which isn’t to say we should dismiss Hancock’s theory out of hand, of course. Because if he’s right, and the history of humanity really is just the first five minutes of Prometheus, it would change everything we know about ourselves. But we certainly shouldn’t treat his hodgepodge of mysteries and coincidences as fact.

That’s the danger of a show like this. It whispers to the conspiracy theorist in all of us. And Hancock is such a compelling host that he’s bound to create a few more in his wake. Believing that ultra-intelligent creatures helped to build the pyramids is one thing, but where does it end? Believing that election fraud is real? Believing 9/11 was an inside job? Worse? If you were feeling particularly mean-spirited, you could suggest that Netflix knows this, and has gone out of its way to court the conspiracy theorists.
The same story was carried a day later by an influential Danish paper, that like others parrot what comes from across the seas with a minimum of delay.

Experts: Wildly popular Netflix series is dangerous pseudoscience
Unsubstantiated claims in a new archeology series about a supposedly forgotten, ancient and long-extinct civilization could be used in far-right conspiracy theories, critics claim.Top
And so on. The reviews try to limit the damage to the questioning being done in the series. This is as expected, and it is up to people who watch to study more on their own and overcome the limitations both by the series which can not discuss all points, and by the reviewers which has the conviction that what is taught in the school and by officialdom is all there is.

As I was writing, I found this quote:
Q: Ummm, in reading this funny book I just finished {I believe it was “Fingerprints of the Gods” by Graham Hancock}, I discovered that there is the tradition of the Ark of the Covenant being in Ethiopia. This guy did a bunch of research on it, and it seems possible that it is there, and that it may even be active. Is it, in fact, in the church of St. Mary of Zion in Ethiopia?

A: No.
Like anyone else, Hancock may not be right all the time.
The existence of an advanced civilization in the past would be a hard blow to the idea of gradual evolution, and possibly also to the pride in the uniqueness of the current human civilization and its achievements conveyed in most schools.

So far I have only seen the first episode, and found it interesting, though I thought it could have been shortened. I am looking forward to watching the episode about the comet hits. Does Hancock leave it at speculations, or does he present the best arguments available?

Here we go 🙄

Yes. Laura digs into the rut issues on Malta from this session, with an extract that discusses Malta temples (or structures that were there and later further built upon):

So, what it amounts to is another discovery is being co-opted by the authorities who immediately pooh pooh it, cover it up, explain it away with their circular cerebral gymnastics.

The bottom line is: I want to know what was the cause of these crazy cart ruts that cannot have been cart ruts! They cannot possibly be cart ruts!

A: Energy grooves.

Q: (L) What kind of energy?

A: Something like short circuit at time of disturbance in magnetic field of planet.

Q: (L) Was there something inlaid there that conducted this energy? I mean, did this rock melt like this because it had lines of conductors laid into the ground?

A: Crystal generators were once used to collect and redistribute cosmic and terran energy fields.

Q: (L) How long ago were these ruts or grooves formed?

A: 14019 years ago as you measure it.

Q: (L) Was this before the temple structures were built on Malta?

A: Yes. Survivors built those.

Q: (L) These ruts are certainly in the way. They are a definite hazard to walking. Maybe they filled them in with dirt that later washed away.

A: Magnetic disturbance, human cause.

Q: (L) What do you mean by that? Are you saying that the magnetic disturbance was caused by humans, or that the magnetic disturbance contributed to the cause of the ruts, and that the ruts were caused by humans, in such case, how did they cause the ruts in relation to the magnetic disturbance?

A: No. Calamities caused magnetic disturbances. Picture a short circuit in the global crystal power grid.

Q: (L) So, in other words, a global crystal power grid short circuited due to magnetic disturbances, and these human constructed grid lines all over the planet - I'm sure they must have existed in other places if that is the case - did it just melt the rock?

A: Maltese condition is somewhat unique from a preservational standpoint.

Q: (L) Again, did the rock just melt along these laid out grid lines?

A: More like atomic changes structurally.

Q: (A) I don't understand if they were built or were they natural lines of conduction? Was this power grid artificial or natural?

A: An artificial utilization of natural energy fields.

From 14,019 years ago for the groves date (that was a pretty precise date given and not a range), and then the structures - saying the "survivors built those," which sounds pretty immediate (100 - 1,000 years after?), however how does one define in time survivors exactly?

The consensus from the link is:

“This does not mean that things are bound to remain the same forever. For instance, we have recently backdated man’s arrival to Malta by around 700 years, from 5,200BC to 5,900BC, following the latest scientific findings, as a result of a joint project (FRAGSUS) between Heritage Malta, the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage, the University of Malta, Cambridge University and Queen’s University Belfast.”

The spokesperson added that Heritage Malta is not in a position to speak on behalf of all archaeologists and maintained that it is open to proof that is presented according to international scientific standards.

“Rather than ‘suppressing the truth’, our position remains and shall remain the same until solid scientific proof is put forward to the contrary,” he continued.

In this respect, a joint project led by Heritage Malta and involving a number of leading local and international institutions and scientists has been in place since 2016 and includes a range of state-of-the-art studies of human teeth found at Għar Dalam.

Nice that they pushed it back a mere 700 years, so it's now 7,900 years ago, with the gap to possible ruts mentioned in the session 6,100 years and change further back.

Hancock looks to 11,000 years ago (this aligns with the business of the constellation Sirius, which he had explained), which also puts the survivors part 3,000 years off the 14,019 years.

Horseshoes are getting a bit closer to the mark. However, can understand archeologists who only have radio carbon dating to go on from teeth, and that is always the problem, organic matter. That is why the star charting was an interesting angle that gets repeated to other sites, and would need to discover much more on that. The Maltese professor-lady who seemed to be an expert was favorable to the star aliments of the temples in time.

Back
Top Bottom