Graham Hancock

Was also pondering the attacks as being part of the subtle and not so subtle overall fear of plebeians prying into hollowed academic ground. If one for a second removes Hancock, wherein he has always stated he is just a journalist, there were others presenting data, limited at that. Thus, the sacred cows can't have people looking at Carlson or some of the others as that may then lead them to all kinds of theories of geology, glaciology and much else, all coming back to archology. Heaven forbid people mess with comets and the Younger Dryas with an eye to Göbekli Tepe, no, that is not officially blessed.
Yeah, imagine if the biggest threat to humanity wasn't Russia, Global Warming or covid... if it was something so outside the control of the leaders that people would loose interest in remaining in the hamster wheel they have placed us all on. Not only outside their control, but completely inevitable.

And not only inevitable, but purposefully neglected.

I wonder if featuring this doc with all its flaws isn't a decision somewhere to discredit the whole issue, within a larger agenda related to "misinformation and conspiracy theories". After all, of all the documents about the covid lunacy and covid injections, the one that's made viral is "died suddenly". Instead of burying true information, it's easier to mix it with some easily debunkable nonsense, and finally paint the whole thing, including the true bits as laughable nonsense. It's an old trick that works every time.
That is even more regrettable considering that Hancock's main idea which posits there was an advanced civilization before the Younger Dryas, is probably true.

Last edited:
I hope everyone finding this thread over the past few days or weeks will take the time to read it from the beginning. I just reviewed it and it is a powerful collection of research and knowledge. Forewarned is forearmed. That is, knowledge protects!

I hope everyone finding this thread over the past few days or weeks will take the time to read it from the beginning. I just reviewed it and it is a powerful collection of research and knowledge. Forewarned is forearmed. That is, knowledge protects!
It was very useful and enlightening to go back and read this thread again. Particularly being able to read those excerpts from SHOTW tied many things together particularly with the new information that has been uncovered over the past decade, including the work by Hancock and Pierre. The thread also points out neuroscience aspects in terms of the effects of hallucinogens on the brain. Excerpts from the Cs sessions also shed light on what is going on not only in terms of ancient history but also the ongoing large scale Cosmic dynamics that are revealing themselves today.

It is interesting how certain people think they can have spiritual experiences via drugs, and that after the experience they somehow convince themselves it’s profound but can’t quite define it beyond that. Either way, there’s a natural process to how things can take place and the unnatural, which is always fraught with serious dangers. There’s just no way to skip steps if you’re truly building a solid foundation. Thanks for recommending a review.

I've now finally watched Hancock's documentary. It's a 'slick' production for sure, and many of the sites presented are places I've never heard of. As others have stated, there is a lot of guess-work included that is not dirctly supported by evidence. All in all, I was left with a wish that the documentary would've gone depper into the details and technical analysis of these megaliths. Despite all the experts and fancy gadgets, the evidence and 'data' was, in my opinion, almost hurried through and then the bulk of the time was invested in going through the myths and legends. Well, that's one way of going at it but I myself prefer a more 'technical' and detailed approach.

As an answer to my wish above, I came upon this crowdfunded documentary in which also Hancock features. I'd say this one is much, much more interesting and does, indeed, go into the very details of things. There are, though, a number of conclusions and suggestions that at least to me sound like 'wishful thinking' and guess-work...especially regarding the playing around with numbers, measurements, and golden ratios etc. Maybe you guys with a more robust mathematical know-how can say if these guys are seeing something that isn't really there?

In any case, the most impressive and astounding thing in this documentary are the caves in India that are presented. I mean, wow! Be sure to watch the segement at ca 2 hours when they revisit the caves and produce 3D models of them. Really mind boggling! And the theory of why many ancient megalithic walls were built assymetrically sounds plausible: it was to miminize the impact of earth quakes and other natural disasters...to make them more durable. Oh, and the measurements showing how amazingly smooth those surfaces are, makes the whole construction appear almost supernatural...how on Earth did they build those?!

Despite the a bit 'tin-foilish' argumentation at times, I highly recommend watching this one. For being a crowd funded production it's amazingly well made:

Excellent! I've been waiting for the free release of BAM exactly to see more about the Babar caves in India. It doesn't have to be thousands of years old to be impressive.
I noticed on their website,

that they've plans of making a new docu on the Barabar caves. Should be interesting.

They also have a YT channel:

...where you can find a teaser for the Barabar project:

Yes, Barabar, not Babar :P
A question to native English speakers: Many times in these documentaries, "ancient" is heared as "eingshent". Is it normal/common? It's not as annoying as those who confound "phenomenon" (singular) with "phenomena" (plural) though.

A question to native English speakers: Many times in these documentaries, "ancient" is heared as "eingshent". Is it normal/common? It's not as annoying as those who confound "phenomenon" (singular) with "phenomena" (plural) though.

Yes, that’s the normal English pronunciation of the word. It’s said as if there’s an i after the a:

“Ainshent”

Netflix are being used as a ‘disclosure’ outlet, big time.

We just need one on climate change now. I think there would be plenty of interesting material if given voice to scientist outside of the mainstream. Then the Guardian would be screaming; "This is the most dangerous show ever!" Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

I haven't watched any of the Rogan interviews, but yes, promoting psychedelics is irresponsible. Although, I kind of like how Castaneda framed it; early in his apprenticeship, Don Juan made use of "power plants" to dislodge Castaneda's "assemblage point" from it's usual position. After that, it was more about collecting energy that normally gets drained by the predator's mind through things like self importance and too much self reflection.

Keeping in mind Castaneda's imaginative liberality with the truth, of course.

Despite the a bit 'tin-foilish' argumentation at times, I highly recommend watching this one. For being a crowd funded production it's amazingly well made:

Thank you! I'll watch it very soon! And for French speakers, the same exists in French:

And there is another one in French too (in 2 parts), that I found very interesting watching it years ago, and again after having watched the Hancock's show on Netflix.

First Part:

Second Part:

There is a full version but its resolution is a bit lower.

Phenomena/phenomenon are rooted in Latin and Greek and the English word borrowed the plural rules from both. For the record, I (as and American English speaker) pronounce ancient "ān-schent."

English is annoying to native speakers, but not so much as non-native speakers. And it makes it quite difficult to learn other languages later in life. Thankfully I was at least able to learn Spanish phonems in gradeschool when it was still easy. I have good hearing, but holy cow is it difficult to understand the phonems of Japanese or even German at my age.

Back
Top Bottom