Graham Hancock

This maybe implies that Lemuria was the equivalent of Atlantis at the time of "the Fall", some 309,000 years ago, the power center that got destroyed via cosmic means.

Maybe "the Fall" is just a marker and there's been many, many 309,000 years cycles.
Disregarding the time reference for now, the Easter Islanders are Polynesian, and their presence on the island seems pretty recent - much too recent for an origin that far back in time (like, 1000 years ago give or take). Hancock covers this in season 2, speculating that the island was inhabited by others prior to the Polynesians settling there. So the Easter Islanders' ancestors came from SE Asia, and maybe ultimately Sundaland (the now "sunken" land mass). But whoever originally built the moai may be a different group entirely.

This maybe implies that Lemuria was the equivalent of Atlantis at the time of "the Fall", some 309,000 years ago, the power center that got destroyed via cosmic means.

Maybe "the Fall" is just a marker and there's been many, many 309,000 years cycles.
For the Grand Cycle of 309ky, it's basically a certainty that there have many, if not infinitely many of them.

As for this specific time reference, I'm a bit 'confused' by it; my understanding has been that mankind 'came' here in the 3D in the Solar system, aligning ourselves with the STS branch of existence for learning purposes, at the time of the Fall, that is at the end of previous and/or beginning of this Grand Cycle. And that it was only with the destruction of the Kantek that we 'landed' here on the then planet Earth.

So, is my understanding incorrect, or were the C's refering to some potential pre-human group (as we consider humans nowadays) there, or the C's comment was one of those 'skewed' or 'testing' ones at that time that falls into the category of 20% and something of 'incorrect' or 'untrue' answers, as per their own assessment of the communications before Frank left the experiment?

Reactions: Chu
So the Easter Islanders' ancestors came from SE Asia, and maybe ultimately Sundaland (the now "sunken" land mass). But whoever originally built the moai may be a different group entirely.

Yep, he makes the connection with the Sulawesi megaliths in Indonesia, specially on the similar hand positions:

1729548350572.png

And in Şanlıurfa, Turkey:

1729548471203.png

And in Göbekli Tepe

1729548553930.png

Same thoughts re: Keanu. I guess it's like an election endorsement. Keanu is a fan, and his presence will bring in viewers (and establish him as even cooler than he already is ;-)).
We finished yesterday the second season and we quite enjoyed it. Regarding Keanu, that was quite funny actually. He does appear 3 or 4 times to basically say things like 'Yeah, myths are awesome!' and 'I totally think the same thing!'. I imagine Keanu, being a total fan, called Hancock and told him he wanted to be on his next show, so there he is. :lol:

I have only two complaints. The first is that I thought the season was rather short. I felt that there were many sites and facts in the Americas alone that could have been covered more thoroughly, although it's true that he did cover some of that on the first season. The second is that at some point he went a bit over the top with his discussion of ayahuasca, which he seemed to be promoting, and which I felt went beyond the scope of ancient civilizations and catastrophes.

Of particular interest I found his coverage of the Mayans. I think all the facts he presents I had already heard before, but either I had forgotten or hadn't caught all their significance. Yesterday Navigator reminded me that Pierre talks on his book about seven close passages of planet Venus when it was a comet, wreaking havoc every time, before stabilizing on its current orbit. And the Mayans had this obsession with astronomy, measuring time, cyclic catastrophes, AND planet Venus in particular. All of which is consistent with ancient memories or traditions. It's as if the Mayans had that preocupation of keeping a close eye on that planet in case it wanted to go rogue again, so it makes sense.

I liked the second season. I thought it was interesting that he connected one of the ancient sites with the 19 year lunar metonic cycle. I don't remember which one it was! But it's so interesting. It stood out because I remember Laura talks about this as well, I believe with Stonehenge and the Dancing Apollo that could possibly manifest the needs of the people. He does also connect shamanism with lost civilization aka Atlantis which I thought was definitely going in the right direction especially with all the knowledge we've learned from Laura and her books what a "true shaman" really was. He's definitely onto something! He does mention the sacred geometry but of course it's related to the use of ayahuasca instead of doing it the more "natural" way without substances. I still thought it was very good knowledge though! Very very interesting. Butterfly wings and chaos theory.. like the Cs say! Exciting times :)

I get that. I said in my post that it’s a nice introduction for the novice. Isn’t that your point also? It’s disappointing to me personally because I read all of this in his books 30 years ago. I was hoping for new information. As for reaching a wider audience, I think that’s great!😃
Likewise. I first came across his books 25 years ago in my local library. I enjoyed the visual aspect of both series, seeing the sites and the virtual mock-ups, and Mr Hancock himself is an engaging presenter, but the rehashing of old information made both series a bit empty. But how I feel is totally insignificant when he's reaching out to hopefully many more millions who will be turned on to a deeper, truer reading of our planet's history.

Back
Top Bottom