The World's Fair

If there's no reports or stories of global cataclysms then there's another explanation for why the buildings are as they are today.
Do you realise how that sounds if you put it to a context of any known disinformation of today? There are no reports on something so it didn't happen?

And I have yet to hear a plausible suggestion from anyone that is not based on the commonly purported history of 'it is said' or 'it is claimed', etc. The world is still accepting some of the history that Laura herself turned on it's head. I don't think I'll hear that in any mainstream report.

but such a massive event or series of events would not be possible to cover up without a trace.
That's what they said about the WTC and most still believe it. The virus came from china; and they still keep repeating it.

Is there anything to suggest something occurred aside from the buildings?
As if that were not enough. At what point in history was it normal to start building a cathedral or entire streets of conjoined buildings a whole story underground. Who in their right mind builds hundreds of acres of to tear them down in several months.

With the last two videos, some very sensible and common questions are asked. Hardly anyone probably watched them because they have likely made up their mind about pesky Stellar's posts, yet there are valid questions. No answers.
Likely something far more innocuous and mundane that you might have missed because you either skipped over or dismissed it.
How about a suggestion instead of just chiming in with the naysayers?

Taking the inserted history as an example. The stories themselves are what suggest something is amiss and then the architecture that exists from the time, at least as I understand, don't match the timeline in terms of style transitions. So there's both physical and historical evidence to support a padding of the timeline.
Halleluja!

"Tartaria" kind of spoils it

In a way, it is a pity that behind trying to shed more light behind the World's Fair's whereabouts - but that weird narrative of "tartaria" and "global mudflood" - kind of spoils it - or muddies the waters, so to speak. There might been mudflows locally in the past couple hundred of years, for whatever unknown reasons - but not globally.
Just as an example of Europe, apparently the mediterranean area has had three hundred tsunamis in the last 400 years on record. I have never heard of that, yet watching a doc on the Portuguese earthquake of 1355, there it was. Just a snippet of information that is not mentioned in most history books. Is that not significant enough or did more happen that century elsewhere that has been omitted for one reason or another. Conveniently lost records come to mind.

Wasn't that century overwhelmed with plagues and weather events? Fires, droughts, floods, prolonged winters?

These are the snipets of information I am talking about and searching for but people are too hung up on 'Tartaria' which is not my choice and by the way, the ancient maps exist showing it. Where is that part of history? It wasn't a blip on the map, now, was it; and who gets to write the history and choose what is significant info to record and pass on?

FWIW

This one summarises quite well

I watched the video twice last night. And I agree this issue is not a huge deal considering what we're dealing with in the here and now.

The first issue in the video would be is that there are no sources quoted by the presenter. He goes through images of buildings without context and shows a map highlighting Tataria/Grand Tatary. Regardless of the spelling or age of the map, we can see that he's referring to very large expanse of North Central Asia. He even states that he isn't sure if the Tataria on the map referred to is a country of just a general geographical region.

When the map was made and by whom isn't confirmed. What is confirmed is that "Grand Tartary" existed in 18th and 19th century Encyclopedia Britannica editions. I think that those are safe assessments for Tataria at that time.

He also vaguely refers to Fomenko as a way of backing up a "revised/faked" historical timeline. Fomenko doesn't dispute anything about the 18th century (when the mud flood supposedly occurred). His timeline, like the other stratigraphist we discussed in the missing 460 years thread, have issues with the border between the ancient world and early medieval. But the problem both of them have is the lack of a bona fide disaster. I think Mike Baille, Pierre and the Greenland ice core samples have shown that the main "catastrophe" spikes don't show up in physical evidence in any major way after Black Death in the 13th/14th Century.

The presenter provides no proof of a global flood in the 18th century or thereabouts, excavation records, any primary source contradiction to the architecture building/engineering of the 19th century. All we have to go on is Tataria as lost empire that was destroyed. @stellar I'm not sure where the buildings you mentioned are that are sunk in mud and excavated? He doesn't mention those.

Also, I think that when you look at Atlantis and the Younger Dryas - the catastrophic flooding raised ocean water levels to the point that they submerged the main centers of that civilization.

Even if we look at Atlantis as a "NATO" like the C's said, we have the same problem. Plot all the major "North Atlantic" Treaty Organization cities and see what would happen in a Younger Dryas-like situation. New York, Washington, Brussels etc. would be obliterated.

What about northeastern Central Asia? Pretty far from major oceans. A big chunk of it is some of the furthest land areas from an ocean on the planet. So in Tataria then the Yensei, Lena and Volga rivers expanded to the point they overflowed half a continent? That's not physically possibly. If it was it would leave physical evidence today.

Also if you look at the Ural Sea (gone), you see a constant process of desertification since the Bronze Age. Many of the "oasis" cities Genghis Khan conquered weren't just ruined by him. They have been desiccated of water sources since the early middle-ages. It would be hard to find a less likely candidate for a massive, global "mud" flood event than in Central Asia.

Tataria also isn't a legend. It still exists as - Tatarstan. A republic of the Russian Federation. It does appear on the map further west than the old maps show Grand Tartary. But Turkic peoples are documented as migrating through vast areas of northern Asia from the borders of China to Turkey. Kazan (the main city of Tatar world) seems to have a very well documented history back to Khan's invasions of the 13th century. It becomes the capital of the Mongol successor state known as the Golden Horde.

Golden Horde

With Turks and Mongols being regularly confused by western sources as well as the "Horde" being very multi ethnic, it's possible that "Greater" Tataria is the same as the Golden Horde and its successor state, the Khanate of Kazan.

Russian sources indicate that at least five languages were used in the Kazan khanate. The first and foremost was the Tatar language, including the Middle dialect of the Kazan Tatars and the Western dialect of the Mishars. Its written form (Old Tatar language) was the favoured language of the state.

The Khanate was finally vanquished by 1556 by Ivan the Terrible and his descendants. How much of this 16th and 17th information accurately made it back to London for the writers of Britannica? I highly doubt the stuffed shirts in London had agents in the area taking map surveys and speaking the local language. It was all 2nd and 3rd hand info.

I really don't think there was some mind-blowing worldwide empire from the 1700's in central Asia that was lost. I think the architecture there is incredible and one of the places I would most like to visit someday is the "capital" of the Tatarian sphere - Kazan. It's a very unique and beautiful city.

a1ae9136-city-13736-1697cad9f2b.jpg

Kul-Sharif-Mosque.jpg

You can see how the architectural styles influenced the Columbia Exhibition and other World Fairs. After the Hermitage was built in St Petersburg and western art aficionados had the chance to see the art and culture of the Tsarist Empire (which included Tataria).

But realistically, "Tatarian" architecture doesn't seem to exist before the 12th century. Their own pre-history is shared with all Turkic people (as stated by them - not the west). The architecture above combines Eastern European, Persian and later Islamic elements. It's very beautiful, but nothing on the scale of Chicago in the 1880's and 90's. There is no mass industrialization in Tataria (unlike Chicago or London in the 1880/90's) until The Soviets arrive decades later.

So to accept the Mud Flood destroying the worldwide Tatarian empire we have to accept the possibility of these points:

1. A worldwide mud flood inundated a late medieval/early modern empire's civilization and buildings. This empire had spread throughout the world.

But there are no records from the 17th or 18th century stating this empire existed. A huge section of central Asia referred to as Tataria did. The likely capital of the Tatarian Territory, Kazan, is intact and never flooded to the point of obliteration. It has a stratigraphic records going back to the 13th century. So despite current Tatarstan's deep historical record - we're told by 21st century YouTubers to imagine it is exponentially more technologically advanced than anywhere on the globe and strove to colonize unknown lands 10,000 km's beyond its traditional geography.

2. The said civilization is land locked in an area of central Asia but must have created a massive navy and out migration policy on a relatively sparse population to move to an unknown land across an ocean. A moves that is a radical historical precedent for the region. Without its naval capabilities, it wouldn't be able to leave its remnant buildings in Chicago, London, St Louis etc.

Map any route from known population centers in Central Asia and see how far it is on a river course. Thousands of small river going craft would have to be built to get to an ocean port where massive ships have to be constructed. Tatarian ports aren't documented.

Nobody in 18th or 19th century North America reports discovering a pre-existing building as having Tatarian/Muslim or Persian features.

Tatarians have a deep and rich history documented by themselves. These records going beyond 16th century are corroborated by the Russian sources they battled with.

So to say that the Columbian Exhibition records of construction are faked or or altered is one thing. Now records from Russia and Central Asia (which the European elites had no access to nor could read) had to be expunged for hundreds of years to create a new fake history of Central Asia hiding a worldwide empire based in Tataria. Seems unbelievable to me.

I avoided this thread for a long time because I love 19th century North American architecture. Guys like Richard Nickel died trying to preserve that legacy.

Richard Nickel

But in the end, this thread has been really productive. If nothing else for having an open debate on the greatness of human endeavor and the artistic and engineering prowess which gets lost in our 21st century "Brutalist" dead zone.

Personally, I'd love to have a lost Tataria Golden Age ready to be unburied under my neighbourhood. But it's just wishful thinking. History is spun, revised and distorted in many cases. But there's just far too much of a volume of work to erase a Tatarian World Empire Even the psycho elites couldn't pull that one off.

I agree that the presence of "Tartaria" in some maps doesn't mean anything. After the Mongolian/Tatarian era, for a European cartographer who doesn't know the details of the political entities and shifting borders in Asia would call it the land where the Mongols live, or the great expanse of land where Tatarians live/rule, hence something like Tartaria or the great Tartaria (especially if the invasion left such a great impression on the imaginary back then). It's no different than a cartographer of that era depicting the African continent as Africa as a single entity as if there were no kingdoms and tribes etc. One can find many other example of broad descriptions of more or less large expanses of land with a single name.

😣
The presenter provides no proof of a global flood in the 18th century or thereabouts,
OK. Can everyone open their mind, show a little curtesy and actually listen to the questions I've asked over many posts, instead of determining the smart answer half way through the questions. Also consider the pictures.

I have repeatedly questioned what could possibly have happened ( I suspect ) maybe around 1300's that could give the impression of partially buried buildings, apparent or not, world wide. Maybe something like:

Earth, Planets and Space (2019) 71:54
FULL PAPER
Fault model ofthe12th century
southwestern Hokkaido earthquake estimated
fromtsunami deposit distributions
Kei Ioki1* , Yuichiro Tanioka2, Gentaro Kawakami3, Yoshihiro Kase3, Kenji Nishina3, Wataru Hirose3,
Kei’ichi Hayashi3 and Ryo Takahashi3

Abstract
Tsunami deposits were collected along the coast of southwestern Hokkaido and Okushiri Island, northern Japan. The
distribution of these deposits suggested that large earthquakes and tsunamis have repeatedly occurred off south-
western Hokkaido. Along the southern coast of Okushiri Island, five tsunami sand/gravel layers have been deposited
during the last 3000 years. The latest was deposited by the 1741 Oshima–Oshima landslide tsunami and the second
by the 12th century tsunami. The later tsunami was probably generated by a large earthquake because submarine
seismo-turbidites with similar age exist in the region and a large inland landslide had occurred in Okushiri Island
in approximately the 12th century. The ages of paleo-tsunami events prior to the 12th century are 1.5–1.6, 2.4–2.6,
2.8–3.1 ka. In this study, a fault model of the 12th century earthquake was estimated by comparing tsunami deposit
distributions and calculated tsunami inundation areas at five sites in Okushiri Island and Hiyama region. Fault model
F17, a submarine active fault in the Japan Sea near Oshima–Oshima, is a probable source for this tsunami. Numerical
simulation of the tsunami was performed based on fault model F17; we modified the fault parameters (length and
slip amount) from the original model to explain tsunami deposit distributions. A shorter length of 104 km and a larger
slip amount of 18 m were appropriate for the fault model on the basis of parametric studies. The seismic moment of
the earthquake was calculated to be 9.95 × 1020 Nm (Mw 7.9) assuming a rigidity of 3.43 × 1010 N/m2. The estimated
fault model is located between the focal regions of the 1993 Hokkaido Nansei-oki earthquake and the 1983 Japan Sea
earthquake.
Keywords: Tsunami deposit, Tsunami inundation, Great earthquake, Hokkaido, Japan Sea

Results
Tsunami inundation computation was performed in ve areas of Okushiri Island, Taisei, Himekawa, Kaminokuni, and Ishizaki. Computed tsunami inundation areas were compared to tsunami deposit distributions. As a result, subfault 1 and subfault 4 in the north part of fault model F17 were removed because the computed tsunami inun- dation area was too large compared to tsunami deposit distributions on Okushiri Island. Another reason is that the computed coseismic deformation was too large on Okushiri Island. Uplift of 4–5 m was computed because subfault 1 and subfault 4 are directly below Okushiri Island; however, no stratigraphic record of such a large coseismic uplift has been recognized in peat above and below the tsunami sand bed from the 12th century on Okushiri Island.
e slip amount of subfault 2 and subfault 5 was enlarged because the computed tsunami inundation area was too small compared to the tsunami deposit distribu- tions at Otobe town in the Hiyama region. A slip amount of 18 m on subfault 2′ was estimated to produce a com- puted tsunami inundation area that matches the tsunami deposit distribution at Otobe town (Fig. 3c). e length of 7 km for subfault 2 should be reduced to produce a computed tsunami inundation area that matches the tsu- nami deposit distribution on Okushiri Island. A length of 50 km for subfault 2′ was estimated to t the computed tsunami inundation area and tsunami deposit distribu- tions on Okushiri Island (Fig. 3a).
ese subfaults can explain the tsunami deposit distri- butions in other tsunami inundation areas (Fig. 3b, d and e). e location of the estimated fault model in this study is shown in Fig. 2, and the fault model parameters are shown in Table 2. A seismic moment of 9.95×1020 Nm (Mw 7.9) was calculated from the estimated fault model assuming a rigidity of 3.43 × 1010 N/m2.

OR

Numerical Simulation of the Landslide and Tsunami
Due to the 1741 Oshima‐Oshima Eruption in
Hokkaido, Japan

Geological Survey of Japan, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Japan,
Institute of Seismology and Volcanology, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan,
Department of Regional Management,
Faculty of Liberal Arts, Tohoku Gakuin University, Sendai, Japan,
Geological Survey of Hokkaido, Hokkaido Research
Organization, Sapporo, Japan
Abstract Sector collapse during the 1741 eruption of Oshima‐Oshima volcano (southwestern Hokkaido,
Japan) generated a large tsunami in the Japan Sea. The tsunami caused severe damage along the Oshima
(Hokkaido) and Tsugaru (Honshu) peninsulas. Tsunami deposits due to the 1741 event were identified along
the Okushiri and Hiyama coast in Hokkaido. In this study, we numerically simulated the landslide and
tsunami generated by the 1741 Oshima‐Oshima eruption using an improved two‐layer model to explain the
depositional area of the landslide, the tsunami heights written in historical records, and the distributions of
tsunami deposits. Areas of erosion and deposition by the 1741 landslide were estimated from the
bathymetric data on the northern slope of Oshima‐Oshima volcano. In addition, previous topography before
the sector collapse was restored. From the bathymetry difference before and after the landslide, the volume
of collapsed material was estimated at 2.2 km
. Based on those data, the landslide and tsunami were
numerically simulated by solving equations of an improved two‐layer model that incorporates Manning's
formula in the bottom friction terms of the lower layer. An apparent friction angle of 2.5 and a Manning's
roughness coefficient of 0.15 were selected to explain the area of deposition estimated from the bathymetry
analysis and distributions of tsunami deposits. The thickness distribution of the computed landslide mass
fits relatively well with the depositional area. Computed tsunami heights match those from historical
records along the Hiyama coast. Computed tsunami inundation areas cover most of the distributions of
tsunami deposits identified along the coasts.
1. Introduction
The Oshima‐Oshima volcano which is located off the southwestern coast of Hokkaido, Japan (Figure 1),
erupted on 29 August 1741. The northern slope of the volcano collapsed during this eruption and rushed
in the Japan Sea to the north direction. The large part of the collapsed slope was situated under the sea
surface, and a large tsunami was generated. Historically, the tsunami was considered as the largest in
the Japan Sea (Abe, 1999). The tsunami caused severe damage along the Oshima Peninsula (Hokkaido)
and Tsugaru Peninsula (Honshu), and killed more than 2,000 people from Kumaishi to Matsumae along
the Hiyama coast, Hokkaido (Watanabe, 1998). Tsunami heights were surveyed along the coast in the
Japan Sea, not only Hokkaido but also Honshu and Korean coast, and surpassed 10 m along the
Hiyama coast (Hatori, 1984; Tsuji et al., 2002). Recently, tsunami deposits of the 1741 event have been
identified along the southwestern coast of Hokkaido (Kawakami et al., 2017; Nanayama et al., 2017;
Nishimura et al., 2000).
Several researchers have investigated the generation mechanism of the 1741 Oshima‐Oshima tsunami. The
tsunami was first calculated using a fault model assuming that it was generated by the earthquake (Hatori &
Katayama, 1977). Aida (1984) calculated the tsunami due to the landslide but was unable to reproduce the
observed tsunami heights. A detailed bathymetric survey around Oshima‐Oshima volcano revealed the
extent of the 1741 landslide deposits on the seafloor (Satake & Kato, 2001). Using that landslide extent,
tsunami generation was simulated using a kinematic landslide model (Satake, 2007) and a two‐layer model
(Imamura, Hashi, & Imteaz, 2001; Imamura, Goto, Shigihara, Kitamura, Matsubara, Takaoka & Ban, 2001;
Kawamata et al., 2005; Yamanaka & Tanioka, 2017). However, these models cannot explain both the distri-
bution of the landslide deposit and tsunami heights.

Now do you want to keep berating my efforts or see IF there is anything more we can find.

stellar, I don't think anyone is berating your efforts. In discussing any new subjects, there is a natural process of separating good and bad data. Discussing the validity or invalidity or some of the ideas you point to is not an attack on you personally.
Now for instance, the big tsunami events in Japan are interesting but if they are to be related to a mud flood or to the empire of tartaria, that connection has to be made. Were they localized events? Were they global events? How do they connect to the hypothesis of a sunken super empire in the 18-19 centuries. There are many questions to be answered.

stellar, I don't think anyone is berating your efforts. In discussing any new subjects, there is a natural process of separating good and bad data. Discussing the validity or invalidity or some of the ideas you point to is not an attack on you personally.
Now for instance, the big tsunami events in Japan are interesting but if they are to be related to a mud flood or to the empire of tartaria, that connection has to be made. Were they localized events? Were they global events? How do they connect to the hypothesis of a sunken super empire in the 18-19 centuries. There are many questions to be answered.
I am not linking anything to Tartaria. It just happens to be in most of the commentaries, so can we dispense with attributing it to something that I supposedly suggested.

First the data has to be found. It's more likely to be in smaller or local geological studies that probably don't make it to mainstream academia or Wiki-anything. Short accounts of localised events in newspapers or their equivalent might also exist. If it's a case of stolen/false history then it certainly won't be on the front pages of anything.

Perhaps there might be simultaneous events in different places, instead of some greater event, as a result of cosmic disturbance.

We can't say when the events might have happened only that the available pictures show the ground floors actually under ground, so, logically it would be much earlier, giving society time to repair or rebuild or reuse some material.

I am not taking it as a personal attack. My skin is a little thicker than that. I simply hoped for some help to search for clues. If I am not making myself clear by now then I don't know what else to tell you.

The Year without Summer​

In 2013 scientists announced that they had discovered that a volcano located on Lombok Island in Indonesia exploded sometime between May and October 1257, in it was the largest blast the Earth had seen in 7000 years.

The discovery has helped historians to understand the events of 1258, where cold temperatures ruined crops and brought famine to much of Europe. The English chronicler Matthew Paris wrote that during this year “the north wind blew without intermission, a continued frost prevailed, accompanied by snow and such unendurable cold, that it bound up the face of the earth, sorely afflicted the poor, suspended all cultivation, and killed the young of the cattle to such an extent that it seemed as if a general plague was raging amongst the sheep and lambs.” It is believed that London saw as many as 15,000 deaths that year, and some scientists speculate the volcanic explosion was one of the factors in the Little Ice Age that affected global temperatures from the 14th to 19th centuries.

The Great Drowning of Men​

The coastal areas around the North Sea were prone to flooding in the Later Middle Ages – numerous chronicles report various floods between the 11th and 15th centuries. One of the worst was the Saint Marcellus’ flood or Grote Mandrenke (‘Great Drowning of Men’) that took place on January 16, 1362. At least 25,000 people were killed when an Atlantic gale swept in northwestern Europe, affecting the British Isles to Denmark. To learn more see The Great Wind of 1362

The Kamikaze​

The Mongols under Kublai Khan tried to invade Japan twice in the 13th century – the first time in 1274 and the second in 1281. On both occasions the fleets were destroyed by typhoons, which the Japanese believed was heavenly assistance. They called these storms Kamikaze, meaning ‘divine wind’. The massive fleets under the Mongol command – the second was reportedly four thousand ships carrying 140,000 men – were destroyed by the typhoons, leaving the invaders either drowned or captured.

The Sicily Earthquake of 1169​

On the morning of February 4, 1169, a powerful earthquake struck the eastern coast of Sicily, which levelled towns, produced a tsunami, and may have even caused Mount Etna to erupt. Sources place the death toll to be between 15,000 and 25,000. One chronicler, Hugo Falcandus, describes the scene:

a terrible earthquake shook Sicily with such force that it was felt in Calabria, around Reggio and nearby cities. The extremely wealthy city of Catania suffered such destruction that not a single house survived within the city. About 15,000 men and women together with the bishop of that city and most of the minks were crushed under collapsing buildings. At Lentini a fine town belonging to the Syracusans, the weight of collapsing buildings shaken by the same earthquake killed most of the townspeople. Many fortresses were also destroyed in the territory of the Catanians and Syracusans.

In a number of places the earth gaped open and produced new watercourses while closing up some old ones, and that part of the summit of Etna which faces Taormina seemed to sink down a little. At Syracuse the very famous spring called Arethusa, which according to legend brings water to Sicily by secret channels from the city of Elis in Greece, changed from a trickle to a great flow, and it water turned salty because of the amount of sea water mixed up in it.

The Syrian Earthquake of 1202​

On May 20, 1202, an earthquake struck southwest Syria. It is believed to have been about a magnitude of 7.6 on the Richter scale and was felt as far away as Sicily. The earthquake caused extensive damage to both Crusader and Muslim communities throughout the Eastern Mediterranean, levelling cities and castles. While one contemporary source places the number of dead at 1.1 million, modern historians believe that the figure was more likely in the tens of thousands. The devastation was seen as an important factor in the extension of a truce between Crusaders and Muslim states. Read more in the article Crusader castle torn apart by earthquake at dawn, 20 May 1202

St. Lucia’s Flood​

On December 14, 1287, a massive storm tide swept into the Netherlands and Northern Germany, breaking dikes and leaving between 50,000 to 80,000 people dead. It is considered the sixth worst flooding incident in recorded history and left permanent changes to the landscape of the Netherlands – for example, the Zuiderzee was partially created by the storm, making it an inland sea. The same storm also killed hundreds of people in southern England.

The Sanriku Earthquake of 869​

Japan lies along one of the most active fault lines in the world and is often struck by earthquakes. One of the earliest ever to be recorded took place off the northeast coast on July 9, 869. Scientists believe it was very similar in size and scale to the 2011 earthquake and tsunami that hit the same region. A contemporary source reveals the destruction it caused:

a large earthquake occurred in Mutsu province with some strange light in the sky. People shouted and cried, lay down and could not stand up. Some were killed by the collapsed houses, others by the landslides. Horses and cattle got surprised, madly rushed around and injured the others. Enormous buildings, warehouses, gates and walls were destroyed. Then the sea began roaring like a big thunderstorm. The sea surface suddenly rose up and the huge waves attacked the land. They raged like nightmares, and immediately reached the city center. The waves spread thousands of yards from the beach, and we could not see how large the devastated area was. The fields and roads completely sank into the sea. About one thousand people drowned in the waves, because they failed to escape either offshore or uphill from the waves. The properties and crop seedlings were almost completely washed away.

A wind storm is blowing from right to left on the picture. A tree is pulled up from the ground. The church to the right loses its spire and the house nearby loses its roof. From Olaus Magnus 16th century work Historia de gentibus septentrionalibusA windstorm is blowing from right to left on the picture. A tree is pulled up from the ground. The church to the right loses its spire and the house nearby loses its roof. From Olaus Magnus 16th century work Historia de gentibus septentrionalibus

Tornado strikes London in 1091​

The Chronicon ex Chronicis of John of Worcester relates that on October 16, 1091, “a violent whirlwind from the south-west shook and demolished more than six hundred houses and a great number of churches in London. Rushing through the church of St. Mary, called ‘le Bow,’ it killed two men, and tearing up the roof and timbers, and whirling them for a long time to and fro in the air, at last drove six of the rafters, in the same order in which they were before fixed in the roofs, so deep into the earth that only the seventh or eighth part of them was visible, although they were twenty-seven or twenty-eight feet long.”

While rare, tornadoes have been recorded in many medieval sources. One scholar has found at least 21 instances where a tornado was seen in Britain during the Middle Ages.

See also:

‘The Flood’ of 1524: The First Mass-media Event in European History

First historical evidence of a significant Mt. Etna eruption in 1224

Medieval records shed light on Italian earthquakes

The Danube Floods and Their Human Response and Perception (14th to 17th C)

Perhaps that can be a start.

Back
Top Bottom