The Wheel of Time series

skymargo

Jedi
I’ve recently finished watching season 2 of the fantasy series «The Wheel of Time». I found that series light, interesting and filled with good, deep thoughts.
Five friends from a small village go on a journey and gradually discover their amazing abilities. And here the theme of the struggle between darkness and light inside everyone is very well revealed.
We also see in the film that evil, although hierarchical, is divided, everyone pursues their own goals and in order to achieve them, they even sometimes act together with good forces. Thus, often their evil intentions ultimately assist the good plots. This reminded me of Cassi remarks - about circles within circles in elite’s closed organizations at the top of 3D.
In the film there is an Order of women who know how to use the force. Its principles and philosophy reminded me very much of the Jedi Order. Moreover, each of these ladies has their own knight with whom they are connected by the threads of force.
The film is beautifully shot, exciting, and the acting harmoniously reflects the scenario.
Of course there are some LGBT moments, but it seems unfortunately there’s almost no more series without it…anyway, I believe it’s more important to notice deeper sense…if being protected by knowledge this agenda shouldn’t influence us much 🙏

The books for sure. I could barely make it through the first few episodes and they certainly did not do justice to the characters with casting (not at all how I imagined them) nor do they stay true to the story.

Read the books!

I heard so many awful things about the series that I most certainly won't let it spoil my cherished memories of reading the books. The best, most meaningful fantasy books I've read except LOTR.
I also did not read the book...nor i knew before of that story. Like with LOTR - i watched the first film in cinema and then rushed to buy the books! It was awesome👍
Unfortunately in our times-very rare when cinema manages to come close to the ‘source’. But always keeping in mind that our imagination/consciousness when reading - always overcomes filmed variant)

Last edited:
Agreed, the book series is incredible if you have the time to get through it (15 rather large books including the prequel, and some do drag little in places).

Not planning to watch the series - apart from Lord of the Rings I have only been disappointed with TV adaptations of my favourite books.

For me, The Wheel of Time is easily up there with Lord of the Rings and Memory, Sorrow and Thorn (Tad Williams) for me.

I read the books over almost a ten-year time period since I read them as they came out. All y'all who ain't read 'em yet are darn lucky you can down them in one go!! But I won't watch the series. The only books I've read that were made into movies and it WORKED, for me, was LOTR.

BTW on favorite fantasy book series, I enjoyed Stephen R. Donaldson's "The Chronicles Of Thomas Covenant" series, especially the first three books...though looking back on them (and other books he wrote), the author seemed to have a fascination with rape and incest. It sure made for a memorable story.

Agreed, the book series is incredible if you have the time to get through it (15 rather large books including the prequel, and some do drag little in places).

Not planning to watch the series - apart from Lord of the Rings I have only been disappointed with TV adaptations of my favourite books.

For me, The Wheel of Time is easily up there with Lord of the Rings and Memory, Sorrow and Thorn (Tad Williams) for me.

From what I've heard The Wheel of Time has the second biggest fan base after Lord of the Rings, and most of the fans find the show disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom