New Forum layout April 2018

Hi Scottie, my forum name does not appear under my avatar, but that could be because I'm on my iPad. I will check it on the computer. Also, when I look at my personal profile, it's coming up with my login name not my forum name- can you let me know where or how I can change that?
Cheers, Arwenn

Hi Arwenn, see above, Scottie's notes:

7. Your old login username is now displayed on your posts. Send me a PM if you want to change your username for privacy reasons.

(I just used the Multi-quote option for this, totally cool and efficient! :clap:)

The cassiopaea forum look transformed, good looking, smooth, fast. I just noticed that my previous bookmarks of certain topics or threads to read further are not opening. Should i have to research those topics again and bookmark them?

This is Scottie's answer from today about bookmarks
No bookmarks, I don't think. That was an add-on for the old forum.

Spell check is also not included, but then you can install dictionaries in your browser and it'll do it for you - which is prolly why they didn't bother to include that feature.

Ooo! As I was writing this, somebody posted a new message, and it showed me... So I clicked the button and post appeared. And my post is still here!
:cool2:

Dear konstantin, i saved website link for some unread topics to later study but after the forum update those links are not opening. The old links of forum for threads or topics that suggested to members of the forum by the forum members too are not opening. Kindly click any of the link suggested in the threads by members, then it shows like attachement to this post.

The cassiopaea forum look transformed, good looking, smooth, fast. I just noticed that my previous bookmarks of certain topics or threads to read further are not opening. Should i have to research those topics again and bookmark them?

I used to have a lot of bookmarks on the "old forum", so I'm going back to search them again and put them on "Watch", which will show up on "Watched" tab at the top. That could be like bookmarking?

This looks so pretty! :) thanks Scottie and everyone who was involved in making this change possible :) let the exploring begin!

I checked that thread and it looks messy.
Cassiopaean Session Transcripts by date
I searched a little to the internet and the problem is probably because the new XenForo forum does not have build in support for tables.
There are free add-ons that can be installed so the forum can support tables.
here is one link
-https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20558172/table-bbcode-with-xenforo
Scottie knows that the best.
He can probably fix that when he will have some time.

That's for XenForo 1.x. We're using 2.0, which is so new that very few add-ons are available. There is also basically 0 documentation at the moment - except for the basics of setting up a new forum.

I imagine this will change as time goes on. Then again, losing table support isn't that bad given how painful it is to work with them in BBcode.

Part of the problem is that HTML tables are strongly poo-pooed in HTML5, so they're kind of on their way out the door.

So, maybe the solution for the transcript tables is to do them some other way? Not sure how yet, tho! :huh:

The forum received a great and fresh new outlook - thank you guys for that! :-) I guess, it must have been hard work making it look like this!

Dear konstantin, i saved website link for some unread topics to later study but after the forum update those links are not opening. The old links of forum for threads or topics that suggested to members of the forum by the forum members too are not opening. Kindly click any of the link suggested in the threads by members, then it shows like attachement to this post.

IOW, old forum URLs aren't automatically redirecting to the new forum's URL style.

I'm going to work on this some more, cuz it's pretty annoying. Fun with mod_rewrite...

Love this new layout of the forum. Simple, modern and clean. Awesome. Thank you Scottie. :flowers:

Great Job, It looks Great!

I can´t enter to the sessions, it looks like some error message appear.

Have a great day!

Any chance you could include the number of posts that we used to have beneath our avatars?

I used to have a lot of bookmarks on the "old forum", so I'm going back to search them again and put them on "Watch", which will show up on "Watched" tab at the top. That could be like bookmarking?
IOW, old forum URLs aren't automatically redirecting to the new forum's URL style.

I'm going to work on this some more, cuz it's pretty annoying. Fun with mod_rewrite...

That will be very helpful scottie. Many thanks in Advance

Back
Top Bottom