Strange Cloud

Thomas Alan

The Living Force
Yesterday, 8-21-09 driving east across the plains of Colorado I observed a cloud that behaved in an unusual way. It was about 9:30 AM Mountain time. The cloud wasn't unusual in itself, typical nice day cumulus mostly white with a little gray.
What caught my notice, it was the only cloud I had seen all day. The sky had been completely clear and was so at that moment except for this cloud off to the northeast of my position.

As I watched the cloud began to disappear. Not "dissipate" or burn-off in bright sunlight but vanish as if it were being sucked up by a giant vacuum cleaner. The cloud was large and clearly visible then gone in less than 30 seconds. :O

John Keel makes a number of references to unusual clouds in his books. I didn't find anything similar reports in Scroogle searches.

Mac

Several years ago when I worked for a company in south Seattle, Washington, I was in the second story of the building, looking out of the window and saw a huge disc-shaped white fluffy cloud. It had a tailfin, also. It was in amongst other big fluffy clouds.

I looked at it and thought at it, "I see you and I know what you are." (Dumb or not this is what I did.)

I then looked away for only a few seconds and when I looked back it was all gone except for a small, hazy fragment of it. The rest of the clouds were still there slowly moving along.

It was fairly freaky for me, to say the least.

Nienna Eluch said:
Several years ago when I worked for a company in south Seattle, Washington, I was in the second story of the building, looking out of the window and saw a huge disc-shaped white fluffy cloud. It had a tailfin, also. It was in amongst other big fluffy clouds.

I looked at it and thought at it, "I see you and I know what you are." (Dumb or not this is what I did.)

I think You might have seen altocumulus lenticularis.
However, this is just a possiblity, so I'll post a few links which present the cloud. Lentilularis looks pretty like an UFO object, and it is sometimes being called an "ufo cloud"

Here are the links:
Was this cloud an object You've seen?

Huge Mysterious ‘Flying-Saucer-Shaped’ Cloud Hovers Above Moscow, Russia
on August 04, 2018

A huge circular UFO cloud has been spotted above Moscow, Russia. The footage below shows the strange flying-saucer-shaped cloud appears near a tower block and continues to move over the tower block.

Flying-Saucer-Shaped-Cloud-Russia.jpg

The event has sparked a debate on social media whether it was just a rare lenticular cloud or a UFO disguised as a cloud.

As usually, meteorologists quickly explained that the object is believed to have been an unusually-shaped cumulus cloud.

And this photo was taken on a flight from Turkey on the 20th of July this year. Thoughts? Is it simply a reflection of some kind?

Attachments

• iZlUUXvFnI0.jpg
    iZlUUXvFnI0.jpg
    729 KB · Views: 28
Hard to tell if it is real or not. It could be a very good CGI and as well a real phenomenon. I could only imagine that there should be more witnesses since it happened somewhere over Russia and in the original video it seems that there are more houses in the background.

"НЛО" заметили в небе над Москвой

The video posted by c.a is slowed down, judging by the behaviour of the trees in the background. The video c.a posted gives following source, in which the video can be seen in what looks to be the normal speed. The video posted by Gawan above appears to be the same video like as the source link in the last sentence. Also apparently normal speed.

In regards to the problem of only one video/picture available and not more witnesses:

I think it wouldn't be terribly unusual/surprising in this case, since it seems to have appeared and gone over there quite quickly, and for most people, who even attempt to look up at exactly that time of the day and pretty limited part of the sky, it would look like a normal cloud anyway. So I don't think that this is a strong case that can be made there against it.

Since pretty much everything can be faked nowadays in video/pictures, it is always hard to say for sure, but I would tend to the assumption that this one could be real.

Last edited:
And this photo was taken on a flight from Turkey on the 20th of July this year. Thoughts? Is it simply a reflection of some kind?

Hard to tell without concrete context. Also, in this shot, pretty much no reference point can be seen were one could reliably guess what it could and could not be. So from the data available, it could be anything at this point.

Back
Top Bottom