Persecuted by the time

Gruchaa

Jedi
Hi Guys,
For couple of days whenever I Look on clock, I will see the hour like 10:10, 14:14, 15:15 etc. It’s about 80% of all looks. That is weird. Am I just more aware at that time and just Remember this particular situation more or something different?. Have you guys had a similar experience?

Subconscious is quite a powerful thing; you probably see such hours because you want to see them. This is not an extraordinary thing. Our mind can choose and "shape" to some extent, the reality where it is plugged into, according to one's expectation. It is going to happen because the reality can be connected to our consciousness, which is, probably, on the level of the information, the structure, linking one's being with the surrounded world. I read your post and write to you because at some point in time, like you, I wrote something similar to somebody and he/she gave me the answer, as I give to you. Things are going around in the circle and balance. If not, I don't know then...

I read your post and write to you because at some point in time, like you, I wrote something similar to somebody and he/she gave me the answer, as I give to you. Things are going around in the circle and balance.
Like on the spiral. To grow you need to leave someone on your spot.

Thanks Luks for your response! It made me to ponder about few personal topics.

Remember that these are speculations. It could be correct speculations. However, this is not what we can be sure. The truthful source of information, plus, our observations, plus, creative imagination and finding for a logical explanation, are not equal with 100% certainty but can help us see a few meters more through the fog in where we are living.

The same thing happens to me as you. I look at the time (and really then I evaluate if I was looking for that) and it's 11:11, 23:23, 14:14, 14:41, 21:12 and all the possible variations of that.

Also, lately it happens to me with the license plates of the cars that overtake me.

I made the calculation of the probability of finding a car with 8888- (three letters), another with 1111- (three letters), another with 1234- (three letters) and another with 4321- (three letters) and well, the number is high.

I searched the www on the subject and I wrote an opinion.

It is (in my opinion) a greeting.

Confirm your alignment of consciousness with your infinite being.

But you must confirm that it is genuine, that is, you do not look for it.

Amazing is fun, it true?

I think you should just enjoy it. It always makes me smile.

Hi Guys,
For couple of days whenever I Look on clock, I will see the hour like 10:10, 14:14, 15:15 etc. It’s about 80% of all looks. That is weird. Am I just more aware at that time and just Remember this particular situation more or something different?. Have you guys had a similar experience?

Where does the number (bolded) come from? Have you been carrying a piece of paper around and marking every single look at any clock, even a passing glance that would have not been passed to your long-term memory otherwise? If not, then try it for a few days. In one column mark random hours, in the other those that match the pattern. Notice how often you look at a clock without actually registering it. Make a dedicated effort to catch as many looks as you can - and report back your new stats. :)

We notice a fraction of the reality only - mostly only that, which we need at a given moment to move from one second of our life to the next one. See the famous selective attention test

And if numbers in general, not only time related, fascinate you, you may enjoy this little presentation:

Are numbers part of the Universe, independent of us, human beings, or are they our invention? Why do they follow such amazing patterns?

Where does the number (bolded) come from? Have you been carrying a piece of paper around and marking every single look at any clock, even a passing glance that would have not been passed to your long-term memory otherwise? If not, then try it for a few days. In one column mark random hours, in the other those that match the pattern. Notice how often you look at a clock without actually registering it. Make a dedicated effort to catch as many looks as you can - and report back your new stats. :)

@Gruchaa

Yeah, new stats can be surprising. :-) It can show you whether you are able correctly to estimate the proportion. And also tell us whether you are meet with the pattern (the same hours and minutes).

Minus of such registering is that it would stop you to be spontaneous. You will know that when you look at the clock, you will have to write down the hour. It may make you think about that when to look at a clock. It could arise repercussion influencing all process.

Are numbers part of the Universe, independent of us, human beings, or are they our invention? Why do they follow such amazing patterns?

Everything that has the objective value can give measurable effects. Arithmetic is, just as, quite easy to predict the outcome. The entertaining way of presentation of the results of these equations is possible to the decimal system and its natural convergence flowing out from the rules in notation. For instance, in the twentieth system, it would not look like that, however, logic will be the same. Numbers human's, but logic divine's :D

Minus of such registering is that it would stop you to be spontaneous. You will know that when you look at the clock, you will have to write down the hour. It may make you think about that when to look at a clock. It could arise repercussion influencing all process.

You mean that Gruchaa can become more self-aware? Isn't it what we are striving for? ;-)

And let's assume he starts thinking about when to look at a clock (for example, he's removed all clocks from his sight and has to open a drawer to check the time). What would prevent his time-related thoughts from occurring spontaneously? (Apart from those situations when he needs to know the time for a practical reason, like appointments, etc.) If the pattern continues, this would change one thing: instead of wondering "why each time I look at a clock it shows this weird time" he would have to ask: "why do I get the urge to look at a clock at those weird 'time stamps'?" A sixty-four-thousand-dollar question: what difference would the re-phrasing make?

The question is: at what level the decision about look at the clock arise and/or makes the specific hour "visible" to the observer. What is the real level of awareness which is the source of decision about checking the time on the clock and with what is correlated?

Generally, I understand your way of thinking, and it is sensible, however only when you settled certain assumptions first. You made the assumptions that we have to do with a real existence pattern (when at the moment we do not be sure about that), an urge (when we do not really know whether Gruchaa feels something like this), also the way of re-phrasing - we do not really know what kind of thinking about the new task Gruchaa would have. If he would start thinking about that in the way you describe it and as you questioning it, entirely understandable, we come back to the beginning of the considerations, where lies the cause of the phenomenon and whether we factually have to deal with some phenomenon.

The first thing we can do as the first step would be to get objective observations. In this case, Gruchaa should be observed by outer observers in his natural state, without any commands for him, the best if he would be unconscious about that somebody was watching him. So we back to the initial "80%". Such observations would have the aim to check how many observations he does and what is the time on the clock he looks at in these moments. And then data should be analyzed in the context of different correlations occurring.

Of course, nobody would do anything like this. This is just a thought experiment we go through this discussion colliding our ideas. In fact, for practical reasons, the best for Gruchaa would be to do not care about such check-time coincidences, do not put energy into it, by stop thinking about it and stop being intrigued by such coincidences.

Hi Guys, Nice discussion starts underneath my post. My sister came to visit me this week, so haven’t got time to respond. PoB I will watch the presentation. Thanks!
Regarding the experiment. I will try it, but it needs to be spontanious and it will be hard to do, while I will be thinking to write the time down. And I can bet that this 80% number will be much less. This 80% was the number based on What I have remembered thru the day. In my opinion, I remembered more of this particular one, cause Where more interesting. So I wasn’t objective. The same way I won’t be objective with my experiment, cause I think naming it even like that and thinking about that will introduce some subjective thinking. I.e. Thoughts like: „ don’t watch at the clock right now, cause for sure is not 12:12”. I would need to somehow take out only „spontanious” looks on the clock. Is it possible?

Back
Top Bottom