PARTIES

Maybe for a moment your senses have been "taken" by the rythmical music, the inventive multicoloured and coordinated work around the parade, or the gathering of sooo many people rushing into a frenetic excitement, all at the same time and tempo.

I can’t say I have experienced that - no doubt that there is unity in being part of a large group singing and dancing together. Kinda like being at a great sports game and being part of a really large crowd (from what I’ve witnessed, sport is a religion for some). Unfortunately, as you’ve said these celebrations get degraded by alcohol & drugs. I think it’s a symptom of our contemporary society. In the past, these festivities were likely embedded within a deeper spiritual context (& one which the participants were aware of). Contrast that to now, where it’s just an excuse to cavort about (almost naked in some cases) & get drunk. The emphasis now is more on the physical/commercial attributes of what was once something that held greater spiritual significance.

It seems to me that you forgot what this forum is about:

:rolleyes: You might as well be talking about living in an illusion, not thinking, and taking some psychotropic drugs while you're at it.

As several of us tried to point out, anything can serve to being to strengthen the soul. Especially mistakes. It doesn't mean that this celebration has any deep value.
It looks to me like "bread and circuses" to keep the people distracted. Sure, it must be a spectacle to watch, but I wouldn't necessarily ascribe any spiritual meaning to it. Caballero reyes, I don't think you need to proclaim that we don't know what we are talking about in capital letters, I find that a bit strange.

Wandering Star said:
Highlight three words: "Frequency", "resonance", "vibration".

Totally agree, Wandering Star, we must highlight those three words: "Frequency", "resonance", "vibration".

Very fair and accurate all your comment.

lainey said:

"... Caballero reyes, I don't think you need to proclaim that we don't know what we are talking about in capital letters, I find that a bit strange".

you're right lainey, it's shocking to see those letters that stand out but my computer has difficulty putting the sentences in bold.

Chu said:
"What past and present? Most of the themes are imaginary. Including the "witches" parade, for example, which is based on a distortion of the real past (see The Wave, vol. 4), or the Disney stories' themes. I doubt very much that that has any deeper significance".

For me it will be a pleasure to reread that chapter you suggest.

Do not worry about the vibes of the Disney shows, their progeny of witches and spawn and the fantasy of hollywood, in this carnival they eat them both and digest them very well.

I think it depends on the intention of the festival and the intentions of the participants. It's ok to have some fun and let off a little steam but if that's all there is then soul and deeper meaning of reality is forgotten. That isn't to say there shouldn't be festivals, maybe there should be more. I just wonder about putting it in its proper place and the intention behind it.

I actually trained and performed with a Samba troop a few years back as part of a combined Salsa/Samba performance. For me it's almost exclusively about being present with a partner. I never really cared much for how it looked. That's why I enjoy the training most of all and don't really enjoy the performances so much. It's about the awareness of yourself, your partner and the music all at once. Then the dance becomes an act of service as you fine-tune each movement to better suit your partner, and if all goes well they'll do the same.

Excerpts from "The party" according to Octavio Paz, poet.

"Everything is an opportunity to meet, any pretext is good to interrupt the march of time and celebrate with celebrations and ceremonies men and events with their violent colors, sour and pure and their dances, ceremonies, fireworks, unusual costumes and the inexhaustible cascade of surprises ... time suspends his career, makes a stop and instead of pushing us towards a tomorrow always unattainable and liar, offers us a round and perfect present, dance and revelry ... Time ceases to be succession and it returns to be what it was, and is, originally: a present in which past and future are finally reconciled.

The party of the glorification of the human body.

The splendid Carnival of Sao Paulo 2019.

HaHaHa! I really don't see the relation..between what Ocatvio Paz Wrote and this forum but I understand that you still like this kind of parties..very hedonist..decadent ..a lot of sex ..gay people ..and drink drink drink is not bad is perfect for the ones that still doing this process.....saludos Caballero..

mkrnhr said:
"All I could see is a vulgar show with lots of colors to cover the misery behind."

Without trying to do an extensive socio-economic study of Brazil, I do not see something vulgar but simple manifestation of a people that wants to have fun, and it does so by showing in this magnificent and very rich spectacle what they know consciously or unconsciously: That they, even with the enormous proliferation of favelas, they live in a country of enormous natural resources and an enormous territorial extension, and that misery that you say in reality is of the exploiters, ambitious leeches that in a great degree try to suck the
blood in any way possible to a country of wealth already demonstrated but that can potentially exceed all expectations.

mkrnhr said:
"All I could see is a vulgar show with lots of colors to cover the misery behind."

Without trying to do an extensive socio-economic study of Brazil, I do not see something vulgar but simple manifestation of a people that wants to have fun, and it does so by showing in this magnificent and very rich spectacle what they know consciously or unconsciously: That they, even with the enormous proliferation of favelas, they live in a country of enormous natural resources and an enormous territorial extension, and that misery that you say in reality is of the exploiters, ambitious leeches that in a great degree try to suck the
blood in any way possible to a country of wealth already demonstrated but that can potentially exceed all expectations.

caballero reyes,

I actually love Brazil and especially Brazilian jazz music which became popular in the 60's with Antônio Carlos Brasileiro de Almeida Jobim.

I believe you see nothing vulgar in the "Parties" in Brazil or any other country for that matter. One of my favorite songs is The Girl from Ipanema. Rio de Janeiro has one of the most beautiful beaches in the world I think.

The problem for me is equating physical beauty with that "soul" beauty that lies sometimes hidden within all of us (OPs not so sure).

And as for the celebrating and dancing and having a good time I think there is a place for that too.

It' kind of like "Tribal Unity". So, if that's what you want I am all for it.

I would just suggest you take into consideration that we might need to distinguish between universal aspirations for this tribal unity and physicality which got us into this mess about 309,000 years ago.

Situations Limit and Common Situations.

goyacobol said:
A: We have told you before: The Nazi experience was a “trial run,” and by now you see the similarities, do you not? […] Now, we have also told you that the experience of the “Native Americans” vis a vis the Europeans may be a precursor in microcosm. Also, what Earthian 3rd density does to Terran 2nd density should offer “food for thought.” In other words, thou are not so special, despiteth thy perspective, eh? And we have also warned that after conversion of Earth humans to 4th density, the Orion 4th density and their allies hope to control you “there.” Now put this all together and what have you? At least you should by now know that it is the soul that matters, not the body. Others have genetically, spiritually and psychically manipulated/engineered you to be bodycentric. Interesting, as despite all efforts by 4th through 6th density STO, this “veil remains unbroken.”

goyacobol said:
"I do not want to rain on your parade / party / carnival but the Cs do have something to say about our" bodycentric "fascination".

The parade / carnival is not mine, I only see it and I like that contagious joy, I do not identify myself to a greater degree, I enjoy it while I see the different elements such as music and the enormous ability to merge the technique with fun.

I like the metaphorical form in which you use the rain because it is necessary that it rains real and metaphorically, ask me, that I live with the heat of the desert sometimes up to 6 months in the year.

Regarding what you put in bold letters:
"I do not want to rain on your parade / party / carnival but the Cs do have something to say about our" bodycentric "fascination".

I see the full meaning or idea in that precise context, but I think we should not get it out of there.

In this precise context, referring to the Nazis issue and the European invasion of America, these are two limited situations, they are not common situations. although, perhaps, some do not agree with me.

The Common Situation can become a Limit Situation due to ignorance. lack of conscience, negligence or by divine design of Cosmos, so to speak; is the case of the Nazi invasion and the invasion against the American Indians, are limited situations that occur to pay some debt / karma or for some other cause that I interpret as a design / destination for Europeans to mix genetically with the indigenous and in this way ensure the survival of the two ethnic groups.

Your attitude of relating the opinions of the forum with the content of the different sessions is very valuable.

piliangie said:

"HaHaHa! I really don't see the relation..between what Ocatvio Paz Wrote and this forum but I understand that you still like this kind of parties..very hedonist..decadent ..a lot of sex ..gay people ..and drink drink drink is not bad is perfect for the ones that still doing this process.....saludos Caballero"..

I answer you with this precise phrase.

Beorn said:
"I think it depends on the intention of the festival and the intentions of the participants".

The intention, a great word is the key for you to understand. Te saludo piliangie.

Your attitude of relating the opinions of the forum with the content of the different sessions is very valuable.

Thanks for your "attitude" too caballero reyes. I sometimes think we just don't communicate enough why we post certain views. I have found many of your posts to aim for a kind of unity or solidarity. I am just me though and I think others may find your posts overly optimistic without a more detailed explanation. I hope you also become more centered on what is described by Gurdjieff as "the terror of the situation".

Even in Brazil there is currently a lack of balance and many are suffering because of it whether it is a Nazi type replay designed mostly for the U.S. and Europe or not.

We have a thread on what has been happening in Brazil which does attempt to compare it's president to Hitler.

Brazilian elections and Jair Bolsonaro - is he really "a Hitler"?

You have posted in the thread about Venezuela and that is good I think that you are trying to follow other events besides "parties".

Gaby said:
"You seem pretty identified all the way through".

So it seems, because the carnival party I've always liked, I like the atmosphere of joy and its visual richness especially in this, but I'm aware that all the parties, although they excite you have their dark side. But that's life.

So it seems, because the carnival party I've always liked, I like the atmosphere of joy and its visual richness especially in this, but I'm aware that all the parties, although they excite you have their dark side. But that's life.
it's your choice, you can love what you want. But what you love doesn't seem sane from my point of view. I can't accept and admire something that have dark side as you yourself say, something that makes so much garbage (just see the amount of plastics), something that publicly celebrates nudity, celebrates colonizing, etc.

I don't agree: not all the parties have dark side. You can have examples of traditional danses in Russia, in Africa, in Asia, in India with plenty of colors and beautifull women in decorative dresses though not in bikini sorry, and... lots of joy!

So I wonder what is your aim here on this forum; are you in the Work? Your forum status is 'the living force", you're here since 8 years! But you seem to me so far from teachings, books, shared here. I don't say you musn't come here, it's always good to have different points of view, to discuss, it's just that i'm perplexed.

Back
Top Bottom