Epic clips in Cinema..!

"Les Choses de la Vie" (The little things of life). One beautiful and dramatic movie by Claude Sautet, one of my favorite French director. In this clip you can see the beauty of Romy and also of... Michel Piccoli. Romy Sclneider was really really a good actress. And an Icon in the movies of Sautet.

This movie is not a romantic movie, on the contrary but a tragedy and also a very beautiful love story.

There are so many great scenes in film, so I think I will be joining this thread.

Some of you may not like animation, but let me say that there are some true jewels in that world. One of my favorite directors is Hiyao Miyazaki, and here’s one of the scenes in one of his movies that has been praised the world over.

It’s from the movie Spirited away. This is the train scene, it’s set within a movie that is wonderfully paced, this scene is one of the best examples of show don’t tell. Even though it’s a very static scene in terms of action, the passage of time, the state of mind of the characters and the implied motion of the world it creates is all somehow visible. Besides that, the score is very apt and beautiful.

this is a coming of age movie that I highly recommend to everyone.

What a beautiful gift, sometimes miracle, is a kiss.

“The sunlight claps the earth, and the moonbeams kiss the sea: what are all these kissings worth, if thou kiss not me?”
― Percy Bysshe Shelley

This scene is the summum of the movie Cinema Paradiso. It is like a big kiss.

(If you have not seen the movie and wanted to see it please don't look at this clip.)

One best Classic westerns you might watch on free or rainy day. "The Professionals" (1966 film) 780 HD,

A Great script, cast, and powerful direction of scenery and content by Richard Brooks, (passing in March 11, 1992 (aged 79).
Quote wiki:
The Professionals is a 1966 American western film written, produced, and directed by Richard Brooks. It starred Burt Lancaster, Lee Marvin, Robert Ryan, and Claudia Cardinale, with Jack Palance, Ralph Bellamy, and Woody Strode in supporting roles. The script was adapted from the novel A Mule for the Marquesa by Frank O'Rourke. The film received three Oscar nominations and an enthusiastic critical reception.

These are all seasoned veteran actors of the times. In this scene (spoiler alert), more to the end of the film, we find Jack Palance, and Burt Lancaster, literally at a Mexican stand-off. Both reminiscence, (mercenarie bounty hunter), Lancaster, and Palance (the Bounty), discuss, an epic moment about life.

This is a very hard scene, be aware please.

"The Skin" by Liliana Cavani. Based on a novel of Malaparte. A very strong movie about war. War as depicted by Hollywood has nothing to do with reality. Italians know about war and sufferance. Italian cinema about war is the most accurate mirror of what war was.

This scene is epic in the sense that it gives to the espectador a shock. Wake up! seems to say this scene, this terrible moment. It is also symbolic of the idea of "liberation" of the country by USA, a fairy tale. Americans and British bombarded Italy as nobody, destroying the country and killing thousand of people.

I put this scene but your discretion is advice.

I’m not sure if some of you are familiar or fond of Tarantino’s style.

But one of my favorite scenes in one of his movies is the opening scene to Inglorious Basterds, there are many YouTube channels that study it in depth and point out several interesting choices made in the script and the acting as well as cinematography that influence how you feel during the scene but that you’re unaware of.

Things like the choice of the politeness of the explicit language used, yet the intrinsic dynamic is completely opposite. The power displays and show of strength and the way the camera is positioned to show confidence and nervousness as the scene flows to its end.

the way tension is built and extended over such a long time, the toying around and all.

I think it’s a scene that was well crafted and properly acted.

Too bad, I can not see the video Alejo because of my country. Do you have the title of the video?

Back
Top Bottom